Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe (7262 Views)

Photo: Meet The Woman That Rejected President Buhari's Appointment / Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) / See Photos Of The Thisday Journalist That Boko Haram Threatened To Kill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by naptu2: 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
I've listened to the recording. Of course the pastor did not say that the money was a bribe. No sensible bribe giver says that (especially when they are being recorded), but what can you infer from what the pastor said - "correct some of the things that are being written out there" and "don't say that"? What can you infer from the journalist's question - "what should we write?"

It is also very unprofessional for journalists to receive money from the subjects of their news reports.

1 Like

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by tbaba12345: 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
naptu2: I've listened to the recording. Of course the pastor did not say that the money was a bribe. No sensible bribe giver says that (especially when they are being recorded), but what can you infer from what the pastor said - "correct some of the things that are being written out there" and "don't say that"? What can you infer from the journalist's question - "what should we write?"

It is also very unprofessional for journalists to receive money from the subjects of their news reports.

Exactly!!
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
dBard:

Fashola should, of a necessity, Do the Right thing, n not fall into the habit of playing politics wit Everything.
He owes the populace/those that elected him that much.

'nuff said.
We are in Nigeria where CAN and PDP has labelled APC- Fashola's party- an Islamic Party! And you expect him to make one foolish move when we're just few months to the general election? Everything is politicised in Nigeria so I think he should tread softly.

1 Like

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by Awalla: 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
You need serious deliverance, i suggest you go and be delivered of that which you are possessed of by the prophet of God TBJ
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by Awalla: 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
1United1: Fashola disappointed me heavily in the manner the collapse building is being handled?

I am beginning to hate him and what he stands for? Imagine if it were to be one mushroom church or a poor man's building, the premise would have long been sealed! angry angry

and you are still still breathing, look for a wet transformer and do the needful.

ochestrating mischive since birth
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by seeprob(m): 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
McWhillion: If I am a fool, then you're a buffoon. Those that accepted his 50k still reported reputation-damaging journalism. They did not see his money as bribe, but Nicholas is the self righteous wannabe patriot who is crying wolf for all the wrong reasons

Mr man is it wrong for someone to be a whistle blower? Why are you so hard on the journalists for refusing to collect the 50k and making it public. Peeps like you come online and scream hell loose corruption everday. Your just to irritating, pls get a life....

1 Like

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by dBard: 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
enigmaotr:
We are in Nigeria where CAN and PDP has labelled APC- Fashola's party- an Islamic Party! And you expect him to make one foolish move when we're just few months to the general election? Everything is politicised in Nigeria so I think he should tread softly.

Understood. .
but one of the first tins I said was f Fashola not to politicize dis as is d norm here.
We politicized boko haram n see where we are today.

The ppl that died were Nigerians...pussyfooting arnd dis will only reinforce the typical Nigerian belief that certain tins makes certain individuals untouchable.

I still stand by wat I said earlier. .firmly.
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by McWhillion(m): 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
seeprob:

Mr man is it wrong for someone to be a whistle blower? Why are you so hard on the journalists for refusing to collect the 50k and making it public. Peeps like you come online and scream hell loose corruption everday. Your just to irritating, pls get a life....
Can I ve yours?

Another irritant, who's next?
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by McWhillion(m): 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
adconline:
You are bereft of logical reasoning. Why was TB handing out 50K to Journalists? Did TB hand out money to journalists prior to the collapse of his church? If this is not inducement, what's the money for?
You that isn't bereft of logical thinking should know that whether he gives out 50k or not did not stop journalists from writing their articles, how many of them will he hand 50k. The problem with every Nigerian is the ability to find new angles to condemn what is already bad in order to feel righteous. I am quite sure he was not the only person who refused the money but he had to call it a bribe. Bribe for what exactly?
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
dBard:

Understood. .
but one of the first tins I said was f Fashola not to politicize dis as is d norm here.
We politicized boko haram n see where we are today.

The ppl that died were Nigerians...pussyfooting arnd dis will only reinforce the typical Nigerian belief that certain tins makes certain individuals untouchable.

I still stand by wat I said earlier. .firmly.
I believe the church is going to be sanctioned, but then, I do not expect the Governor to make a media buzz out of it.
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by dBard: 8:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
enigmaotr:
I believe the church is going to be sanctioned, but then, I do not expect the Governor to make a media buzz out of it.

'Sanctioned'..smacks of a soft, mouka foam inspired, landing to me.

keeping my fingers crossed tho
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by tunde705(m): 9:29pm On Sep 20, 2014
dBard:

Thanks f d insult, won't bother replying that since you've already shown how uncouth u are.

No wonder ppl refer t ur country as a failed state esp with ppl like u as prime examples of the citizenry.

Your country is the failed state here bro! By the way what's that your God-forsaken-country's name?

kudos
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by dBard: 10:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
irrational
..irrelevant..
....IGNORED
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by otokx(m): 7:26am On Sep 21, 2014
Fela sang more wahala for dead body and the owner of dead body.
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by KriTic24A: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2014
1United1: Fashola disappointed me heavily in the manner the collapse building is being handled?

I am beginning to hate him and what he stands for? Imagine if it were to be one mushroom church or a poor man's building, the premise would have long been sealed! angry angry

I said it before, the man is not a man of his word as-it-is-in politics.

Double faceted politians all.
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by PenSniper: 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
100Cents:

English is not easy.

I think I agree with you..

His statement was just unnecessary calling the N50k bribe money..

What will he gain by offending TB Joshua over a monumental cacophony involving inglorious loss of human lives in a megalomaniac and cataclysmic manner tantamount to errondon errondus

I know of only 1 person in Nigeria with the pedigree to write this caliber of grammar - the Edo honourable, now am i right ? Thanks all the same.
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by PenSniper: 9:55pm On Sep 27, 2014
dBard:

If it was for image laundering, wat would u call it? ??

Honourarium
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by Kirinwa: 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
omenka: I'm sorry to say, but I think you are the fool here, and Nicholas, a brave young man. Why were journalist given monies?? Are they under the payroll of the "Prophet" Your question should be directed at the murderer TB Joshua.

Why are some Nairalanders so daft? You have already believed him just by mere reading. Assuming you were brought to court to defend his claims. You will end up implicating yourself.

Op pishur and video of bribe being offered or you are a liar.
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by dBard: 12:33am On Sep 28, 2014
PenSniper:

Honourarium

looool.....
Touche.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We Engage Foreign Lobbyists, Media Consultants-fg / Rising Poverty Greatest National Security Threat, Says Atiku / What I Saw Today At Eleme Post Office In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.