Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election (2112 Views)

Obama Meets His Extended Family Including Step Grandmother In Kenya / Barrack Obama's Grandmother Does A Victory Dance In Kenya(see Pics And Video) / Obama's Grandmother Dies Just Before Election Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:30pm On Nov 03, 2008
Barack Obama's grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, has died following a bout with cancer, Obama and his sister said today. She was 86. Obama, who spoke about his grandmother often on the stump, left the campaign trail for two days in late October to visit Dunham in Hawaii.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/03/obama.grandma/index.html
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by MP007(m): 11:34pm On Nov 03, 2008
more votes for obama baby!!!!!1 yall know how emotional americans are,
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by Cayon(f): 11:36pm On Nov 03, 2008
sad eh . . . . . . . . .and especially the day before the election.

May she rest in peace !
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by MrCrackles(m): 11:37pm On Nov 03, 2008
i hope this is some blessing in disguise!

RIP Mama Dunham
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by RichyBlacK(m): 12:07am On Nov 04, 2008

Rest in peace granny!

We thank you for giving us Barack Obama, the next president of the United States!
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by omoge(f): 12:14am On Nov 04, 2008
what a time to go, RIP grandma Toot
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by SamMilla1(m): 12:31am On Nov 04, 2008
She has just given up everything for barack.
I believe her death is a sacrifice made to the final emancipation of black race.
Its a pity she died hours before the making of the history but
her death is part of the price the whites will pay for trading us as commodities.
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by TOYOSI20(f): 3:22am On Nov 04, 2008
Sad . . . . . . .May she rest in peace.
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by astronp7(m): 3:38am On Nov 04, 2008
My thought and prayers to Sen. Obama's family. If only she could have lived one more day to see the result of her labour. Rest in peace Mrs Dunham!
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by bawomolo(m): 3:52am On Nov 04, 2008
her death is part of the price the whites will pay for trading us as commodities.

what kind of insensitive prick statement is this
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by toluxa1(m): 7:08am On Nov 04, 2008
I just heard it on Hot FM abuja. I quickly picked up my phone to check online. Its quite sad. I cant imagine how Obama will be feeling now. That will definately help him in the elections though. RIP
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by diggler(m): 8:04am On Nov 04, 2008
Take heart Barack, God gives and takes

NB: The following is not entirely thought through

As Okoro-man that i be, with open eye to things beyond this realm, i say there is more to this death than meets the eye.

Na all those Kenya odinga/masai jazz men don use Mama Dunham arrange otumokpo wey Barack go use win election.
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by princekevo(m): 8:20am On Nov 04, 2008
There is always a sacrifies for every success.The grandmother has made the sacfricies a day b4 election day to seal his Victory.Wht a happy-sad victory?
My condolence to mr Obama and also a congratulatory message to him in advance. Fairwell our great mother Mrs. Madelyn Dunham.
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by Olaolufred(m): 9:40am On Nov 04, 2008
Well, the death of Grandma is a ransom to Obama's life.

All who stand to execute Him will fall for his sake.

No man can battle the lord.

Mama, fight for your son.

Adieu.
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by Cayon(f): 11:50am On Nov 04, 2008
i know there isn't much to chose from but you have to pick one. please, if your registered to vote then get out there and do it. Country first!

Obama supporters: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure to vote today, no matter what state you live in and no matter how sure you are your vote doesn't count and no matter how disenchanted you are with the system of politics - please vote and encourage your friends to vote too.
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by muhsin(m): 12:11pm On Nov 04, 2008
Oh, sorry Obama.
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by chusben(m): 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2008
What a history to reckon with, RIP dear mama.
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by SeanT21(f): 12:56pm On Nov 04, 2008
Hey TOOT!!
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by lucabrasi(m): 2:00pm On Nov 04, 2008
r.i.p to his grandma, im sure if it were some parts of our dear africa,obama will be accused of using her as sacrifice to the gods to favour him in winning the elction grin
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by Raimond(m): 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2008
May her soul rest in Peace and God bless her soul for nuturing the scrawny black dude to become president!

Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2008
This man shall win, it has been written!!!
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by tpia: 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by NegroNtns(m): 4:08am On Nov 05, 2008
Lmao, grin grin

tpia, make we give Olaolufred some schnapps and kolanut make him for take send the deceased into her journey into heaven. Abi him want slaughter goat put for the wake-keeping? This is funny grin
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by Seton(m): 7:05am On Nov 05, 2008
I sincerely believe that Obama's Grandmother had paid the big price for Obama Victory.
Nothing come without paying the great price

Or what do you think
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election by tpia: 7:16am On Nov 05, 2008

(1) (Reply)

No Nation In The World And Beneath The World Can Defeat Israel / The 10 Most Powerful Missiles In The World / Us Coup Backfires, But Most Media Outlets Unwilling To Investigate, Cover Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.