Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

5 Tips To Become A Successful Blogger - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Tips To Become A Successful Blogger (545 Views)

10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger / How To Become A Successful Blogger In Nigeria / Do You Need Money To Become A Successful Blogger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Tips To Become A Successful Blogger by baseg25(m): 10:17am On Sep 20, 2014
Blogging is the act of posting content on a blog (a Web logor online journal) or posting comments on someone else’s blog.
Blogging is very popular today because it allows people to interact with each other. Blogging has also become a popular search engine optimization (SEO) tool because search engines like Google and Yahoo know that a blog is frequently updated with content or visitor comments, so their spiders visit blogs frequently looking for new content to include in their index.
Let’s get one thing out of the way
Blogging is difficult and if you want to get the kind of traffic and exposure you really want then you need to stay within a niche in which you are very good at. It really does not have to be something you have been doing for ever, it only needs to be something you love doing. Simply put, write about your passion.
Having said that, Akeem Baiyewu an editor of punch explained that you don’t really need to be an expert in a particular niche before you begin to sound and look-like an expert in that field. This article is for would-be bloggers who need to write great content about a niche they really do not know much about.
Do you know it is easy to be an authority in a particular niche? All you need is the dedication and ample time to do your research and our old good friend, the Internet. If you have a lot of time, you could go learn about the niche you want to write about. That could take anything from over 52 weeks or more but if you are on a deadline, here are some simple tips that can help you write about any niche. You can also use it to improve your writing in your present niche.

Do your homework
One of the easiest ways to write about any topic is to learn all you can about it. Let’s take an example. I want to write about surgical procedures. The first point to consider is to fire up my browser and type
the word “surgery” into my browser. What I want to achieve at this point is to know all I can about surgery and to get a feel of how other people have written about the topic. You can also do this if you can lay your hands on publications or magazines that discuss the topic. What you will be looking for at this point apart from learning the rudiment is to note down links to researches, quotes, expert names and sources that were mentioned and anything else that can be of interest. Most especially you want to know what interest people about the topic.
Talk to experts
After following step 1, you are now in a better position from where you started. You now have a better understanding of the industry and issues that people love to talk about. In the process of your research, you might have come across an expert who had discussed any issue pertaining to the topic you are interested in. This is possible if you have followed the links you came across earlier in your research. Now is the time to take it a notch further.
Interviewing two or three experts will give you a better insight into the topic and you might even stumble upon facts or figures that have not been previously discussed. You can even ask them for a quote or reference. If the expert is not in your country, you can research their contact details or simply shoot them a tweet online. People really don’t want unnecessary interruption so you have to be as authentic as possible.
Follow your leads
By this point you should have plenty of leads, quotes, figures and fact. Once you have been able to cross check all facts and stats, you can begin to write your first draft. The idea of this draft is to see if you have been able to piece together a puzzle which you do not understand.
After writing this first draft, you want to see if your article needs improvement. There are no set rules or procedures for writing your draft but it is important to state that it is usually a good idea to leave your first draft for at least 24 hours before coming back to it.
Once you come back to it, you want to read it again and see how it turns out by putting all the pieces together.
Once you do this, you need to see if there are no glaring omissions. When writing a great piece, you need to be as specific as possible!
When you feel confident you can write with authority, it’s time to do just that.
Putting it all together
This is where you put everything you have been writing together. At this point, you will be dotting the ‘I’s and crossing the ‘t’s.
Conclusion
Writing about any topic can be fun if you are ready to put in the leg work required. Try this technique and let me know how well it worked for you in the comment section.
Visit the source for latest blogging tips & seo http://techcribng.com/become-a-successful-blogger/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Tips To Become A Successful Blogger by fleps(m): 6:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
Wow! Awesome piece! And I like your website too. Clear and easy to navigate.

Please did you get approved for AdSense with this website?
Re: 5 Tips To Become A Successful Blogger by baseg25(m): 6:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
fleps: Wow! Awesome piece! And I like your website too. Clear and easy to navigate.

Please did you get approved for AdSense with this website?
Yes!..
Have bn using adsense for 4 mnths nw.
Re: 5 Tips To Become A Successful Blogger by fleps(m): 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
baseg25: Yes!..
Have bn using adsense for 4 mnths nw.

That's nice. I must say that the articles on your website are delightful and makes a good read. They are nice tutorials. I'll like us to connect.
Re: 5 Tips To Become A Successful Blogger by baseg25(m): 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
fleps:

That's nice. I must say that the articles on your website are delightful and makes a good read. They are nice tutorials. I'll like us to connect.
no prob.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Henry Omenogor / Domain For Sell. / Need Your Advise On Sport Betting Niche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.