Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? - Romance (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? (92354 Views)

Dating A Broke Guy (my Experience): Is It Worth It? / 10 Ways Ladies Will Frustrate Your Life If You Are A Broke Guy / 10 Categories Of Nigerian Ladies You Should Not Woo If You Are A Broke Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by destante(f): 7:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
dapsy4u2: . Then can we meet at the corner smiley
corner kor, angle ni cheesy tongue
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Saecula: 7:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
moonraker:

Clap for yourself.

I would like to thank you for summoning up the balls to respond. Alot of people on here write bullshit and just disappear.

Now for someone who is still very much in school, it surprising that you figured that i was that sort of person. funny.

To respond to your question, YES!!! you read that right, i would discourage my sister against broke guys but if you were that

bright, you will notice that in my very first response, i never ever touched on that.

I problem with your bullshit is that its bad enough that you classify your bf as broke who can barely spend on you. Then why o why

would you complain that he doesnt get anything for your friends?? are you for real?? You honestly think that those friends of yours

have best interest in mind?? I dont know who your friends are. but here is rule of thumb, the only person whos opinion matters is yours and

not your friends. Anyways, am done.

Guy you are spewing gibberish by saying that the opinion of friends dont matter. So if you are Igbo, you mean you can easily marry a northerner if your family and relations are against it by saying 'that their opinions don't count'?

The poster equally made it clear that ordinarily she wouldn't mind but that the feeling is not slick.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Britzdon(m): 7:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB:
I am not. I do most of the spending and also giving him money for this career
easy nah...why must u open im nyash for public? manage him and stop complaining
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Saecula: 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
tattystv:
Then don't complain or air it in a public forum. I was once broke and my babe at the time practically fed, clothed and even gave me transport money to go submit CVs and attend job tests/ interview. She had a good job then. Forward to the present, we are married, blessed with a beautiful daughter and you can't even imagine how much I earn monthly or what WE are worth. I spoil her at the slightest instance, money, car, foreign trips......STICK TO YOUR GUY AND PRAY FOR HIM TO SUCCEED (candid advise)
your case is not the rule but an exception. Its akin to citing Bill gates as one othe drop outs that made it. What about the innumerable drop outs who never made it?
Yes you made it ultimately and were also gracious enough to remember the woman in your life when it was bad.
What about those who stuck with their bfs and they later didn't make it. Or whose bfs later made it and dumped them? Or are you citing your case as the ideal one.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Sanguine(f): 7:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
Honestly OlamiB, if I knew your so called boyfriend, I'd have called him to come read this crap...and let's see if you guys would continue dating... sheybi na ordinary #100 dey make una fight. Yeye dey smell!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Saecula: 7:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
FLYGERIAN91: i particularly know of a lady who broke up with her fince because he was broke and settled for a wealthy guy.... A few years later when she was married to the wealthier guy, she usually saw her husband home at 5pm or 6 depending on when he finnished work but on a particular day, he was working really late and the lady got worried and decided to go check her husbands place of work to knw what kept him. On getting there, she walked into the company's premises, called her husband on phone and he asked her to come into his office..... On getting into the reception area, on the wall were three picture which were that of the president of nigeria, that of the delta state governor and in the middle, was the picture of the broke fiance she left because of his financial status. On seeing this, she went to her husbands office and asked who owned the company and he called the name of her ex fiance who she dumped because she couldnt be by his side in his most trying times....... now, the wealthy man she married was a Personal assistant to her broke fiance all thanks to the business he was saving up for while they were dating.... He started by selling palm oil on small scale which barely brought him any gains but gradually his hustle expanded and kept expanding until he moved into oil and gas..... She could do nothing but weep for not standing by him in his times of trial.....

i just hope you know that you shoul never judge a book by its cover.... The said poor man that turned a rich business tycoon is a friend to my uncle who is also into oil and gas.....

This is pure balderdash. Very phoney and puerile. Why use an exception as the rule.
What about broke guys that were dumped and they never made it but wallowed in abject poverty? Or is it only those that later became tycoons that you saw?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Enahi(f): 7:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
Jenams: u r nt married to him hence ur nt his responsibility! Ur parents shud be blamed for ur pitiably poor predicament! get a job n take ur mind off his salary, is he workin for u? #nonsense
Are you sure you are ok or you probably have to read my comment again. Don't quote me again,don't have time to be part of your nonsense.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Enahi(f): 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Vessi:
Okay it is when she asks for money that the guy can ask her to do more for him?
Now he is paying for your services right.

Wh0re alert!grin
You must be sick in the head, don't quote me again dickhead.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by dapsy4u2(m): 7:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
destante: corner kor, angle ni cheesy tongue
. In d corner lies an unread notification. Let's know what angle to approach it from...... smiley
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by UnimkeAk(m): 8:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
All I hv 2 say is:
This likes that you pple are sharing on this thread..
THE IS GOD OH!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by charlesng: 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
BROKE MEN IN THE HOUSE SHOWING THEIR COLOURS....

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by destante(f): 8:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
dapsy4u2: . In d corner lies an unread notification. Let's know what angle to approach it from...... smiley
nice word play I guess tongue
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
Enahi: You must be sick in the head, don't quote me again dickhead.
Take it easygrin We realize truth hurts.
Wretched poor wh0re grin

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by delishpot: 8:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
Krak: So ladies cant work for themselves and make money again. Why must you always depend fully on your boyfriends or husbands?

Biko no vex o, did your mom take care of herself while married to your dad?
No be insult o, na just question based on your comment. The last time I checked, husbands provided for their families including wives( unless he was broke and cant afford to care for his wife) and had the respect accorded to bread winners.
Hian, I wonder where society is leading us o when husbands now believe that they owe their families no financial responsibility.
Anyway, when most boys grow into men, this opinion will change.

Biko ladies, if your broke bf isnt treating you right, if he is too demanding and has a noose around your neck take a break from him. Get your head examined by you and ask yourself what you really want. Bf diff from husby o. A demanding bf will be 100 times worse after the wedding. Dont let people tell you otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by cyzor(f): 8:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
No lady here has talked about insecurity. Broke guys are so insecure. Talking with them makes u feel like ur walking on egg shells, u have to watch ur every word else they would think ur insulting them. Its soooo stressful. I'm still I'm d rship cos I still love d guy and worse is dat I really don't no why I love him still.

OP is right, I would like to marry d guy but I can't marry him broke.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by dapsy4u2(m): 8:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
destante: nice word play I guess tongue
word play ke? Just check am jor and do the needful wink
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by amosdrizzy: 8:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
valdes00: What's the similarity btw this type of girls n prostitutes?
.... They all want money after sex....

some girls/b*tches are gold DIGGER
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by lovelyronke20(f): 8:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
Am sure are u that he really is broke, you don't know if he has money but he his spending it on someone else.. Just saying..
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by andyanders: 8:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
In fact ladies, must you guls be dependent on a guy for something?A stingy person is a stingy person be he rich or poor. I have seen a very rich guy that cannot even take care of himself with the millions with him. Have seen some poor guys who are willing to give out their last.

To the subject herein, op should just look at the character of her own boyfriend and measure him and not to say guys. Ladies should stand up and make themselves and no man can just treat you anyhow.It is just what you want you get.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by destante(f): 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
dapsy4u2: word play ke? Just check am jor and do the needful wink
isokay
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by bongolistik(m): 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
I tuk tim 2 read d 24 pages nd found out dat d OP mite be a very 9ce gel bt quite obstinate on her part, meaning she wuld be quite dificult 2 tek advice dat can evn enhance her future. Despite comin out to pour her aclaimed loved bf esteem on d floor, d OP failed 2 undastand dat som tins ar beta off nt discusd in public nd mindles dat d bf could also see dis thread nd get fuly disapointed in her. But d OP has stubbornly tried to justify evry statement she made includin doz she made in errors.

Well everybody wit dier own palava, wht u sow, u shal reap.

By d way, wr is prettythicksme, has she gotten back 4rm d hole wr she came out 4rm? Her 4kup ws well taken care of. I hate pompose ppl be it male or female. She ws well served. Next time she wil knw dat humility is virture nd nt 2 com d form one thick madam 4 here, meanwhile who knws if it is garri and groundnut she wil sip dis 9t 2 bed.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Fphotographer(f): 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
gede7744: op l like u. u are too factual.

but have u considered d fact that some ladies/women are created to be richer than their husbands/ (or in ur case bf)

if u are born to be richer than ur husband and u refuse to maximize ur potential all because u believed that men are born to be a sole provider u are cheating on urself and u will definitely be miserable

my advice- maximize ur potential. don't wait for any man to complete u. be a complete entity. any other jara is appreciated

shalom
after she builds herself to become a complete entity as u put it, you wil now bring up the theory that women are not meant to have more finances than men so therefor she is not a suitable mate.... omo guys dont even know what they want. the say one thing and mean another
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by DaBullIT(m): 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
Talking about boring relationship = being self centered and comparing yourself with others

Your friends will not respect him = you care about what people say of your relationship, besides, if you present him in a respectable manner, not always complaining, your friends will respect him

He will always disgrace you = You care about what he appears to be , not what he really is , you literally are dating for your own status quo , for the social implication

He commands too much respect = You do not want to be controlled / submissive because he's broke

He will naturally be stingy = You expect him to give you everything you want, but you still aren't satisfied/not comfortable about his Financial status. automatically , you want him to do what other guys are doing for their girls

This post goes back and forth round and round and settles back on other previous posts on NL, Women always want men to provide everything for them

Admittedly being broke is bad, but being rich shouldn't be why girls should date guys
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by luvola(m): 10:13pm On Oct 01, 2014
destante: grin
why nah .pls nah angry
destante: grin
why nah .pls nah
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by macof(m): 10:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
Unless she's a prostitute I don't see why a man should be the one spending the money while she only sits, eats and gets bleeped
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
Vessi:
Take it easygrin We realize truth hurts.
Wretched poor wh0re grin

@Destantes, now here's a gud ol wordplay.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by rightflank: 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
Op, you're unconsciously looking for reasons to break up with Oga Baby. Plus, you talk too much.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by rightflank: 11:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
prettythicksme: so you are telling our man should not take care of us if they have the money or whateven though a lady is working a man should also give I can never go into a relationship whereby my husband will not give me money even though I have mine. what you saying is not right okay
Funny how you mention "husband" now, and not "boyfriend". You are not your boyfriend's responsibility, but your husband's.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by sharon395(f): 11:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
Princecharmin: ur dp says it all!....materialistic human
my dp child,what do I expect 4rm a princecharmin dat is cryin ova 3k pls u need 2 grow up nd bcum a kingcharmin by den u wil reason well.broke prince
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by moonraker(m): 12:35am On Oct 02, 2014
Saecula:

Guy you are spewing gibberish by saying that the opinion of friends dont matter. So if you are Igbo, you mean you can easily marry a northerner if your family and relations are against it by saying 'that their opinions don't count'?

The poster equally made it clear that ordinarily she wouldn't mind but that the feeling is not slick.

lol mad man calling another person mad. Go thru my response again. you will see that i clearly stated that ultimately, the decision is hers and

not her friends. angry
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by deavicky(m): 12:36am On Oct 02, 2014
prettythicksme: chaii broke guys they can bleep heaven yet they don't have money to take care of the thing they bleep.I have friend that date them so annoying
see ur mouth na broke guy fit u.cos u fine reach person wah me go even spend money on. Try reduce the size of ur lip.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by deavicky(m): 12:41am On Oct 02, 2014
OlamiB: I Just don't know why broke guys wants to have a girlfriend too, before you start complaning let me quickly tell you am actually dating one shocked

Guys jump into conclusion that girls don't want to date a broke guy simply because he has nothing to offer financially, but this is not true in all cases, a girl that loves you sees you in her future like her husband. She wants the best for you cos she sees you in her future, a girl can date a broke guy but no girl will intentionally marry a broke man.

I love my broke boyfriend because firstly am not dating him for financial reason and 2ndly because I see a bright future in him, but one thing remain, I can't marry him if he continues being broke.

I have stopped condemning girls that doesn't settle for less, there are so many disadvantages of dating a broke guy namely:

*talk about a boring relationship; when your female friends are going places with their rich bf, you are just there lying on his bed staring at each other's faces in his heated room.

*your friends will not respect him; by the time your female friends get to know about his brokeness the respect will just not be there anymore, girls love each other and they want the best for each other.

*he will always disgrace you; yes! This is most annoying, a little amount of money will cause fight between you two, imagine asking your broke boyfriend to at least present himself in a wealthy way to impress your female friends by buying provision or something for them will make him tear you apart.

*he commands too much respect; this is funny, even rich guys that can afford to buy expensive things for their woman doesn't command as much as him, I guess this is done so you won't disregard him.

*he will naturally look stingy to you ; imagine asking your broke boyfriend to help you with #500 when he himself already has a plan for the only #1000 left with him, this is ridiculous because by the time he decides to impress you with 2000# you won't just be feeling him anymore.

This is just a few of what I can remember now, guys should note that their being financially okay brings a kind of hapiness to their girlfriend/fiancé not only because of what they will enjoy from you but because they see their dream being fufilled through you, you live in the best house, drive the best car and all tell me if ur partner won't be proud to show you off.

I love my baby very much but as little as 100# can cause a misunderstanding btw us. God knows the kind of joy that will fill my heart the day he will be financially ok.

'it takes a real woman to date a broke guy and help him fufil his dream'

All this is written from the sadness of my heart.

I guess some guys don't understand me, I am only asking the guys to be rich for their own good not because of a leech girlfriend/fiance. Nigerian men are quick to insult any girl that comes here to talk about money in a relationship. I am not after my Boyfriend's money or anything, his happiness is mine also and I know he will be happy by the time he is financially ok to cater for all his own needs and beyond.

If you become financially successful it is your name that will be known not your wife's name talkless of a girlfriend, that is why I used Dangote and ADenuga as example...how often do you guys hear of Mrs dangote or Mrs adenuga? Is it as often as both men? NO! And in case the woman is as sucessful as the likes of omotola jalade, ngozi iweala their man is as successful as them.if u no like broke guy try rich guy make u see watin we dey take girls that are after wealth do maybe that will encourage u stay with him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Ladies Smoking At Club Joker In Benin (Fun Photos) / Ladies What Is Your Body Shape???? ( Pics) / Pictures: I Later Got Married To One Of These Two Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.