Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,732 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? - Romance (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? (92334 Views)

Dating A Broke Guy (my Experience): Is It Worth It? / 10 Ways Ladies Will Frustrate Your Life If You Are A Broke Guy / 10 Categories Of Nigerian Ladies You Should Not Woo If You Are A Broke Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
jcflex:

sure. that way tinz shld b as u rightly said. bt the issue of trust is one of our biggest problem this days.
Yea it is.... Sometimes i wonder why people say "I love him/her 'BUT'......" Love is not meant to have 'BUTS' in it but alot of people will never understand that..... All they do is believe they have fallen in love (infatuation and lust) then when anything that can be overlooked happens, next thing is " I cant do this anymore" who are they decieving?? It even suprises me that alot of our elderly ones who should know better are following this trend.... Personally, I know i can and will forgive a cheating spouse if she asks for it and try to change my ways because for one thing, when you say your wife or girlfriend has changed or isnt acting normal, then it means you also have stopped doing things you used to do when you first met her....
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by eckersley: 6:25am On Oct 03, 2014
shurlermoz: well, like a lady once told me "if money grow on trees some ladies would date a monkey"

you see a girl who wants an handsome, rich, tall, God fearing, funny, caring, romantic and understanding man, and you ask her what do you have? her response - I'm a fine gal na!

Sorry Shurlemoz. Nairaland permits me to give u only one like.
My young friend[20yrs] was talking to his very big bobby ex-gf [18yrs old in OBJ's university/BELL's] who's trying to sneak her way back after leaving this computer genius for a 34yr old aviator.
Don't get it wrong. They r still cool friends oo. But now she's dying to come back. Even said to atone for her behaviour, she was going to arrange her girlfriend for my guy to lash in a hotel.
While on what's app my guy asked her what qualities has she that will convince him to re-accept her.
She replied, BIG BOBBIES

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by BraniacX(m): 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
Na wa oh! All what i have gotten from the Op and many ladies(not all mind you) is that since am more broke(n) than the mosaic 10 commandments of ancient memory, i shouldn't have a girlfriend, no wahala sha! I don't have one and that decision was taken by me to spare myself of the many indignities that are associated with being a broke bf at least, i know the op can't be my gf and this thread can't be about me but i can relate sha. Having said that, what am i supposed to do with the gals who want me to date them? What am i supposed to do with my female friends who want to hook me up with some sister,cousin,friend? They all seem to conclude am a very nice guy to date since i don't womanize but who's to say i fully know myself well enough to know i won't womanize when i have the means and the will? Also, who's to say i'll respect and fully trust any girl i date in future when i have the means to be a proper(financially @ least) boyfriend? There are no conclusive answers to these questions that i know of so if you know any, please tell me.
I asked all these questions because from my perspective as a guy, rich or poor, every guy deserves to have some pride, selfworth in himself and at least feel like a man when in a relationship and i have dipped my finger into the relationship pool a couple of times previously and found out that i couldn't handle the unspoken resentment from girlfriends for not trying enough for them even after i had done my best making me leave with whatever dignity i had left before becoming the butt of jokes of she and her girlfriends and i say this because i hang out with my female friends a lot and we tell one another a lot of cruel unvarnished truths but that's what good friends are for afterall. This topic has many facets and many angles it can be viewed from and whatever we say or conclude, we would all be right and yet wrong at the same time.
Yet i wouldn't date the Op or any girl like her no matter how supportive and understanding she is because frankly, i wouldn't want my personality probed and dissected on a NL fp cause that will be beyond cruel and also, i trust she too wouldn't date me either no matter how many other good qualities i have cos am a broke ar.se brother and that will be cruel on her.
Just towing the midline here. . . . . . . .if there is such a thing as middle in this debate.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by eckersley: 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
Well. Got an info or two frm ur opinion. However, endeavour to break ur posts into short and readable paragraphs. A big block of text is off-putting. But I usu take a pride in my ability to read long and complex text. Hence it ddnt phase me out

BraniacX:
Na wa oh! All what i have gotten from the Op and many ladies(not all mind you) is that since am more broke(n) than the mosaic 10 commandments of ancient memory, i shouldn't have a girlfriend, no wahala sha! I don't have one and that decision was taken by me to spare myself of the many indignities that are associated with being a broke bf at least, i know the op can't be my gf and this thread can't be about me but i can relate sha. Having said that, what am i supposed to do with the gals who want me to date them? What am i supposed to do with my female friends who want to hook me up with some sister,cousin,friend? They all seem to conclude am a very nice
Just towing the midline here. . . . . . . .if there is such a thing as middle in this debate.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Kennedyiheme: 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
Givemejoy:
Shut up! why is Kim Kardashian with Kanye West, Beyonce with Jay-z and others..... Women like money, did I say like? Love money., which serves as a security for them.
the last time i checked, beyonce is a very talented lady, she has being making money since d days of destiny child, do u knw how much there first album sold? The kardashian family is a rich family so dnt tell me kanye made them rich....do u knw why they diff frm u? Cos they dint hve time to scout fr boys to buy dem stuffs......they used there talents, yea i knw kim doesnt hve any talent but she used her sense.......are u using urs? I dnt tink so
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

Hehehe at my mercy huh? Now why do I like the sound of that? cheesy
what's up
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ugwum007(m): 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
prettythicksme:
me no dey give myself headache because of nairalander quotes ,na today dem they insult abi what even special there wey you put the matter for head.anyway just bear in your mind that in a thread,mentions some will like and share,some go insult,some will quote you right or tells you are wrong so different strokes for different folks,

re u sure u re married?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ugwum007(m): 5:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
Kennedyiheme:
the last time i checked, beyonce is a very talented lady, she has being making money since d days of destiny child, do u knw how much there first album sold? The kardashian family is a rich family so dnt tell me kanye made them rich....do u knw why they diff frm u? Cos they dint hve time to scout fr boys to buy dem stuffs......they used there talents, yea i knw kim doesnt hve any talent but she used her sense.......are u using urs? I dnt tink so

u re a liar...Kim has bedroom talent

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ugwum007(m): 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
BraniacX:
Na wa oh! All what i have gotten from the Op and many ladies(not all mind you) is that since am more broke(n) than the mosaic 10 commandments of ancient memory, i shouldn't have a girlfriend, no wahala sha! I don't have one and that decision was taken by me to spare myself of the many indignities that are associated with being a broke bf at least, i know the op can't be my gf and this thread can't be about me but i can relate sha. Having said that, what am i supposed to do with the gals who want me to date them? What am i supposed to do with my female friends who want to hook me up with some sister,cousin,friend? They all seem to conclude am a very nice guy to date since i don't womanize but who's to say i fully know myself well enough to know i won't womanize when i have the means and the will? Also, who's to say i'll respect and fully trust any girl i date in future when i have the means to be a proper(financially @ least) boyfriend? There are no conclusive answers to these questions that i know of so if you know any, please tell me.
I asked all these questions because from my perspective as a guy, rich or poor, every guy deserves to have some pride, selfworth in himself and at least feel like a man when in a relationship and i have dipped my finger into the relationship pool a couple of times previously and found out that i couldn't handle the unspoken resentment from girlfriends for not trying enough for them even after i had done my best making me leave with whatever dignity i had left before becoming the butt of jokes of she and her girlfriends and i say this because i hang out with my female friends a lot and we tell one another a lot of cruel unvarnished truths but that's what good friends are for afterall. This topic has many facets and many angles it can be viewed from and whatever we say or conclude, we would all be right and yet wrong at the same time.
Yet i wouldn't date the Op or any girl like her no matter how supportive and understanding she is because frankly, i wouldn't want my personality probed and dissected on a NL fp cause that will be beyond cruel and also, i trust she too wouldn't date me either no matter how many other good qualities i have cos am a broke ar.se brother and that will be cruel on her.

epistle to d French gods

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ebila(m): 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
@OP, U had something very reasonable u wanted to say,but u spoilt it at some points with various shallowness.Firstly,u were wrong using the word 'broke' on someone u claim to love,that is betrayal of the highest order.Do u think the love would be mutual if he stumbles upon this post? Secondly,u made the mistake of making us know u actually depend on this guy at various points.Thirdly,u've succeeded in making us know,also,that u lack the ability to analyze ur relationship and know if it's worth being in.Now,I'm going to say a few things to the ladies and then to the guys.To the ladies,no one will force u to date a guy who isn't financially balanced,so if u do,do not complain.However,if u somehow find urself dating,u should do urself a favor and ascertain if the guy has prospects.Lots of girls have left their boyfriends only to regret doing so cos he got rich in the shortest of time.For the guys,seriously,if u're not financially balanced,DON'T DATE.This saves u a lot of heartaches,like this post.U'd escape insults,embarrassments,even depression.However,if any opportunity comes to f.uck,by all means do so.Relationship needs a lot of things for it to flourish,MONEY is one very important thing it needs.Goodluck!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ELff: 10:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
Onyiibazz:

You're an i..diot for calling me foolish! So for the fact that my sisters and even my mother are women so i should mix sentiments with the truth right? Truth so painfully hurts and my friend if you dont have any reasonable thing to say again, then dont even try to quote me because am very angry this morning and i may decide to vent that anger on you! Goodmorning

I will not honour you with an argument, I blame mtn that gave you free MB to exhibit your ignorance and stupidity. Like i earlier stated, your foolishness knows no bounds.

Have a nice day.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Onyiibazz: 8:12am On Oct 06, 2014
ELff:

I will not honour you with an argument, I blame mtn that gave you free MB to exhibit your ignorance and stupidity. Like i earlier stated, your foolishness knows no bounds.

Have a nice day.

You just ended up telling the whole world that you're using mtn free 10mb, what a pity! Never knew i've been wasting my time with a retard and an academically porous teenager who cant even pass jamb!

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ELff: 10:54am On Oct 06, 2014
Onyiibazz:

You just ended up telling the whole world that you're using mtn free 10mb, what a pity! Never knew i've been wasting my time with a retard and an academically porous teenager who cant even pass jamb!
The fact that you couldn't figure your mother and sisters are women clearly reinstates you are even slower than I thought. You sound very pained. You are a clear example of the kind of guys the Op is talking about. Go make some money so you can start reasoning well. Broke ass!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Onyiibazz: 12:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
ELff:

The fact that you couldn't figure your mother and sisters are women clearly reinstates you are even slower than I thought. You sound very pained. You are a clear example of the kind of guys the Op is talking about. Go make some money so you can start reasoning well. Broke ass!

E diot, i guess your problem here is that of comprehension, now i repeat, for the fact that my mother and sisters are women doesnt interfer in my judgement about women, cant you get that? More reason why i refer to you as academically porous. And for the part you're talking about being broke and the rest, let me not just go there because the amount i spend treating my hair every week can take care of your entire generations for a month!

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by BraniacX(m): 8:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
ugwum007:

epistle to d French gods

wetin do our naija gods ehn

tongue

y not sango, amadioha and co

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Fphotographer(f): 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
gede7744:

do YOU know what you want in life urself?

d moment u know u will stop being confused

yes yes yes i do knw myself, and am not confused am a woman that knows what she wants and am sure doing it
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ELff: 8:27am On Oct 07, 2014
Onyiibazz:

E diot, i guess your problem here is that of comprehension, now i repeat, for the fact that my mother and sisters are women doesnt interfer in my judgement about women, cant you get that? More reason why i refer to you as academically porous. And for the part you're talking about being broke and the rest, let me not just go there because the amount i spend treating my hair every week can take care of your entire generations for a month!
Daft. Who cares about the amount u spend on a hair ontop a foolish head . Your generations will remain academically porous.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ARAMYDEH(f): 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
Krak:
So ladies cant work for themselves and make money again. Why must you always depend fully on your boyfriends or husbands?

this is not about depending fully on a guy. this is about d guy showing au ''manly'' he is. it has bin lyk dis since..y shuld it change now cos one is a broke nigga
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
ugwum007:

u re a liar...Kim has bedroom talent

So what talent hv u?
Use urs nd shut d f**k up.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by luckybaddest(m): 11:19pm On Oct 07, 2014
Though in relationships without spending of cash is more dull, seeing your guy as a broke type doesn't mean he is not more okay, give him his due respect in front of your friends and I promise you that your friends will be running after him thinking that he gat something special. Respect matter alot
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Macgina(f): 2:18am On Oct 08, 2014
https://m.facebook.com/commonwealthnigeriapageant/photos/pb.459096304194003.-2207520000.1412593599./512608448842788/?type=1&source=42&fbt_id=512608448842788&lul&ref_component=mbasic_photo_permalink_actionbar&_rdr#s_907abfb9b62361d1f6c67d7acb1611e9

Hello guys,my names are Chioma Onyemachi and I am a contestant for miss teen Commonwealth 2014....I need your voters to win...Pls click on the link above and like my picture...Love you all... Thanks.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by gospi: 8:09am On Oct 08, 2014
See ehn!
GUYS DIS is just for U! U see all d time u waste ranting about how ladies should lOVE POVERTY GUYS,don't u tink it should be invested in tryING TO make money? I c my NEIGHBOUR THAT married a poor guy sad the way she suffers ehn I almost wan swear for all poor guys and the man is even frustrated and vents his anger on her! People say ooo "A broke guy today can bcome somebody tomorrow " correct ! But let's not get carried away wit that cos one fact is "NOT every broke guy today wilL bcome somthing tomorrow" som will FOREver b broke oo especially those jobless ones who complAIn about lADies and money!
We just nid to pray FOR Gods direction! LEmi see the hates coming!

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ugwum007(m): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2014
Napc:

So what talent hv u?
Use urs nd shut d f**k up.

Whoever let dis dog out should come and take it in....
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Onyiibazz: 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2014
ELff:

Daft. Who cares about the amount u spend on a hair ontop a foolish head . Your generations will remain academically porous.

Ok!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
ugwum007:

Whoever let dis dog out should come and take it in....

lousy nitwit!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ugwum007(m): 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2014
Napc:

lousy nitwit!

y re u referring to ur generation 2 come
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 09, 2014
ugwum007:

y re u referring to ur generation 2 come
Get busy, get a life nd stop talkn poo.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by jbubba(m): 12:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
destante:
well I would date a not too buoyant man if he wouldn't get intimidated by me. And yes, a lady needs a lot of patience to date such men.
Now that's a lady who is ready to enter into a relationship with both eyes open, when you are not hungry you negotiate on better terms

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by destante(f): 11:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
jbubba:

Now that's a lady who is ready to enter into a relationship with both eyes open, when you are not hungry you negotiate on better terms
hehehe . faanny. cheesy
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by jpphilips(m): 10:03am On Oct 11, 2014
@op
You are wasting your life and his, giving pvssy to a broke student and pretend he has a future is a fallacy.
You dont sound like he can even afford contraceptives, you really wanna get pregnant before you know that a student is yet to start life?

you talk about being broke at the same time you talk about a future meanwhile, now in school, you are distracting him with pojo, where is the future gonna come from?

Life is in stages, a girlfriend in sex mode is a distraction to a student and in that mode, there is no clear future, you wont know this till you guys graduate.

If you really care about a modest life, think about graduates who have started a career on a small scale, they may not have a big car or a big flat but at least they have started a career hoping that a student will marry you is a misconception, by the time I came for my first interview, most of my class girls already have kids.

life doesn't run on sentiments and emotions, it runs on strategic interest, once achieved, love can follow.
sorry to tell you that you don't have a boyfriend but a pet.
Ask your bf if he can date a secondary school leaver, if he says NO because of course his friends will laugh at him, then you now understand why he strategically defined his interest around you, why don't you do the same.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by jpphilips(m): 10:14am On Oct 11, 2014
FLYGERIAN91:
As a matter of fact yes.... Its only the tycoons i see..... The truth of the matter is i have seen and have heard of alot of people whose fortune change from abject poverty to bastard wealth..... Trust me u know or have heard of atleast one person.... Most pple who remain poor is due to the phycological effect of things happening around them and if i'm not mistaken, most times, ladies dumping their boyfriends because they have judged by his present state may leave some pple devastated and shattered probably because the one who they thought loved them has abandoned them to their fate after all he must have sacrificed for her.... Not all of such people make it out of such humiliation and abdject rejection..... Most times we are the cause of the downfall of men who would have been somthing with our support and encouragement without knowing it and only a few might be able to survive the scourge of being looked down on..... Just a single mis spoken word could bring an entire empire down in rubbles..... Never judge a book by its cover... Learn to help people stand on their feet when they need you the most.... Never let them crumble for their success will be your greatest achievement.... We should learn to be our brothers keepers not be our our brothers 'demolition man' !!! IT COULD BE YOU TOMORROW..... Only a foolish man is certain that his riches will last forever and throw caution to the wind..... (My own 50kobo) take or leave it.....

If life runs on sympathy, Amaechi would have fixed woji road by now.

You suggest she waste her future supporting a student who is after sex than taking his academics seriously?

Have you had pity on the parents who suffer to send that boy to school to have a future?

Do you pity this girl who is taking a huge risk on her life and future with a boy who can not even afford contraceptives?

Give her the advice you will give your sister.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by jpphilips(m): 10:17am On Oct 11, 2014
FLYGERIAN91:
As a matter of fact yes.... Its only the tycoons i see..... The truth of the matter is i have seen and have heard of alot of people whose fortune change from abject poverty to bastard wealth..... Trust me u know or have heard of atleast one person.... Most pple who remain poor is due to the phycological effect of things happening around them and if i'm not mistaken, most times, ladies dumping their boyfriends because they have judged by his present state may leave some pple devastated and shattered probably because the one who they thought loved them has abandoned them to their fate after all he must have sacrificed for her.... Not all of such people make it out of such humiliation and abdject rejection..... Most times we are the cause of the downfall of men who would have been somthing with our support and encouragement without knowing it and only a few might be able to survive the scourge of being looked down on..... Just a single mis spoken word could bring an entire empire down in rubbles..... Never judge a book by its cover... Learn to help people stand on their feet when they need you the most.... Never let them crumble for their success will be your greatest achievement.... We should learn to be our brothers keepers not be our our brothers 'demolition man' !!! IT COULD BE YOU TOMORROW..... Only a foolish man is certain that his riches will last forever and throw caution to the wind..... (My own 50kobo) take or leave it.....

If life runs on sympathy, Amaechi would have fixed woji road by now.

You suggest she waste her future supporting a student who is after sex than taking his academics seriously?

Have you had pity on the parents who suffer to send that boy to school to have a future?

Do you pity this girl who is taking a huge risk on her life and future with a boy who can not even afford contraceptives?

Give her the advice you will give your sister.

If he becomes a tycoon tomorrow, good for our economy, how about the girl marries a tycoon too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Ladies Smoking At Club Joker In Benin (Fun Photos) / Ladies What Is Your Body Shape???? ( Pics) / Pictures: I Later Got Married To One Of These Two Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.