Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,272 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation (1941 Views)

OPINION: SAHARA REPORTERS- Face Of Modern Investigative Journalism? / Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Nigeria: FCT Minister Deserves Commendation, Not Vilification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by ShehuAba(m): 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
Sahara reporters is a name on the lips of every Nigerian who follows happenings on the internet. It's no gain saying that this media house has been the spear head of an independent and professional reportage which has since been its hallmark and modus operandi since its inception.
Sahara reporters blaze the trail in investigative journalism, exclusive interviews, insights and lots of breaking news (which is exclusive to it).
But sadly, this source of information (a total deviation) from the past has come under harmer from different angles for varying reasons which is mostly political. Many people have criticized this online medium for biasness, deceit, and lies. In fact some people have tagged it an APC propaganda tool, a boko haram media wing etc.

Actually, you might not agree with Sahara reporters 100%(I personally don't too), but the undisputable fact is that, it deserves commendation rather than condemnation, it has done more good than harm and has exposed the corruption, bad governance etc and its perpetrators across board in our nation. This online media has stood with Nigerians in difficult times and have successfully aided in defending the ideals, ethics, and ethos of democracy that we currently enjoy in this country.

It's on record that, this news media defended Jonathan during the late president yaradua's saga, they informed Nigerians of the true state of health of the then president, and how it was been politicized by some people. They made sure, that the doctrine of necessity was passed and subsequently utilized which was instrumental in making GEJ, acting president before been sworn in as president. They were also not deterred during the subsidy protest, as they made Nigerians understand the true state of matters which eventually led to the status quo not been maintained by the F.G till date.

It's difficult to say, but sahara reporters have been a sort of whistle blower, or otherwise referred to as Nigeria's wikileaks with its exclusive news, that most at times turn out to be true. That's why it's saddening to see people accuse them without facts. Most corruption cases which would have been left unattended to, was brought to the fore by them.

We can't easily forget the case of former aviation minister Stella Oduah, it was this news media that told the whole world, the stories behind the stories. They were able to unravel the fact that, she was embezzling the nation's funds to buy bullet proof cars, and also siphoning our money for personal use. When that news broke, some people doubted it, resorted into accusations as usual, but at last Sahara reporters was vindicated and today we all know who really had Nigerian interest at heart.

The story of the first lady also comes to mind. When she traveled to Germany and was seriously ill according to them. Most people faulted this with the presidency releasing a statement to disregard it and blamed them for their biased reportage. Months after the incident, when the first lady in a thanksgiving service told the nation that she was almost dead, but that only God saved her life. Again, Sahara reporters was vindicated.

About a year ago, it was reported that Nigeria's delegation to the UN was about 600, with the president traveling with people who had no business whatsoever over there. In fact, they went on to report that, our delegation is the highest to the annual conference. As usual, it was not believed as the presidency through Reuben Abati refuted this claim, but rather suggested that the president traveled with a few ministers and aides, and that anybody apart from v those mentioned was doing so, solely on their own. Just about two weeks ago, the v new minister of foreign affairs came out publicly to corroborate their report, indicating that indeed Nigeria truly had that large number in the conference last year. Again, Sahara reporters was also proven beyond reasonable doubt.

Just a few days ago, the news broke indicting the CAN president of ownership of a jet which was seized in south Africa for stacking about $10 million meant to buy arms and ammunitions. As soon as Sahara reporters broke the news, some people went wide to disprove it, insinuating that it was all lies. But, alas just that same day the CAN president agreed to the fact that he owned the jet, though he stated that he's already leased it out. Again, the critics of Sahara reporters were silenced.

In fact I can go on and on.

Finally, let me state once again that I personally commend this Nigeria's whistle blower for a job well done so far. It's also necessary that all well meaning Nigerians do so, support this online media especially as we approach the 2015 elections, because those who are against the progress of this nation will do all possible to silence them, start a campaign of calumny against them, and will also try to paint them black.

On this note, i urge us all to be at alert at this critical period in our nation's history, let's not be hoodwinked into thinking that Sahara reporters is all about lies, let's all be on the lookout for exclusive reports from them especially as the true perpetrators of Boko haram are been brought to the fore, don't allow anyone to disprove their news without facts, and let's be among those who commend and not condemn them because they truly deserve it.

Shehu Aba

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by Domingo1: 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
True talk
Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by ShehuAba(m): 1:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
Domingo1:
True talk

Thanks bro, we wait for those who accuse them falsely to also do so with facts.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by Demdem(m): 1:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
Only eternal fools condemn saharareporters. Even when abati and co lies, it's on record that saharareporters will tell us the truth. An example was when we were told that shepo went to Germany to rest but sheepo later confirmed that she indeed died in Germany but came back to life. SR isn't perfect like any other media organisations but they are surely better than our other options.
These eternal fools that condemn SR will instead want us believe miserable dailies like......
Thisday.......Nduka paper....pdp man.
Tribune.......remnants of pdp paper in SW.
Sun......ibo paper.....jonaadaft cocck suckers
NTA........pathetic fools.
Etc.

9 Likes

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by amAZEing: 1:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
How much did they pay to you?

Why didn't you use Boko Broadcasting Company BBC or Criminal News Network(CNN) OR the Voice Of Abo.kis (VOA)

ls the death of your masters Journalist now affecting ur propaganda business?

What will Ur Western and Nigerian Boko Haram Sponsors say with this weak damage control u are attempting?

ShehuAba: Sahara reporters is a name on the lips of every Nigerian who follows

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by ShehuAba(m): 1:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
Demdem: Only eternal fools condemn saharareporters. Even when abati and co lies, it's on record that saharareporters will tell us the truth. An example was when we were told that shepo went to Germany to rest but sheepo later confirmed that she indeed died in Germany but came back to life. SR isn't perfect like any other media organisations but they are surely better than our other options.
These eternal fools that condemn SR will instead want us believe miserable dailies like......
Thisday.......Nduka paper....pdp man.
Tribune.......remnants of pdp paper in SW.
Sun......ibo paper.....jonaadaft cocck suckers
NTA........pathetic fools.
Etc.

No mind those people jare, all they know is to badmouth and quick to make silly conclusions.
Even when the issue of the jet and SA occurred, some of them had the guts to say it's all lies and that it's impossible.
But when it was confirmed they were dumbfounded as usual and resorted to other name callings.

But, we are really watching..
Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by Sealeddeal(m): 1:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
i like Sahara reporters though they are majorly after political issues which brews some sort of discontents.
Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by ShehuAba(m): 1:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
amAZEing: How much did they pay to you?

Why didn't you use Boko Broadcasting Company BBC or Criminal News Network(CNN) OR the Voice Of Abokis (VOA)

ls the death of your masters Journalist now affecting ur propaganda business?

What will Ur Western and Nigerian Boko Haram Sponsors say with this weak damage control u are attempting?

Mr man if you don't have something better to say than to resort in to this petty style of response, I must tell you that, you're really on a long thing. Because if I start my own Hmmmm.

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by ShehuAba(m): 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
Sealeddeal: i like Sahara reporters though they are majorly after political issues which brews some sort of discontents.

This might be due to the fact that, they are more politically inclined. But, one thing you can not take away from them is their whistle blowing reportage which is second to none in Nigeria.
Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by talktimi(m): 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
" no gain saying that this media house has been the spear head of an independent and professional reportage which has since been its hallmark and modus operandi since its inception.""

Funny joke grin

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by amAZEing: 1:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
Big time joke my brother. Where are the mods kindly move this thrashy thread to the Jokes Section.

talktimi: " no gain saying that this media house has been the spear head of an independent and professional reportage which has since been its hallmark and modus operandi since its inception.""

Funny joke grin

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by ShehuAba(m): 1:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
talktimi: " no gain saying that this media house has been the spear head of an independent and professional reportage which has since been its hallmark and modus operandi since its inception.""

Funny joke grin

You can quote me over and over again. This is my personal opinion and if you don't agree with me, it's better you make a strong rebuttal or you STFU.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
ShehuAba:
You can quote me over and over again. This is my personal opinion and if you don't agree with me, it's better you make a strong rebuttal or you STFU.

ab0ki on the loose

[img]http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2011/04/18/li-nigeria-election-afp.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by talktimi(m): 1:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
ShehuAba:

Mr man its obvious you came here to fight anyone who has a different opinion from yours. Be careful bro
Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by ShehuAba(m): 1:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
amAZEing: Big time joke my brother. Where are the mods kindly move this thrashy thread to the Jokes Section.

Yeye TAN boys like you, this is your hallmark and we've known you over time for always running away from intellectual discussions like this.
I said and I repeat, Sahara Reporters deserve commendation, not condemnation.
If you don't agree with me, tell me the reasons why or you STFU.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by najoke: 1:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
ShehuAba:

^
Rebuttal ...you go wait tire,instead na insult them go insult you...just watch
Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by talktimi(m): 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
amAZEing: Big time joke my brother. Where are the mods kindly move this thrashy thread to the Jokes Section.

nna men I don laugh tire still the doofus is going around attacking anybody who questions his submission
Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by ShehuAba(m): 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
talktimi: Mr man its obvious you came here to fight anyone who has a different opinion from yours. Be careful bro

Be careful of what bro. What different opinion are you talking about here.
You made a comment that my statement is a big joke and you didn't give me any reason whatsoever and you want me to keep quiet right?
Or "Big joke" is now an opinion. ABI?
Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by amAZEing: 1:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
Did Sahara Reporters in their reportage ever sound like boko haram sympathizers before September 12 2014? Yes or No

if No Give Us Coherent Reasons.

ShehuAba:

Yeye TAN boys like you, this is your hallmark and we've known you over time for always running away from intellectual discussions like this.
I said and I repeat, Sahara Reporters deserve commendation, not condemnation.
If you don't agree with me, tell me the reasons why or you STFU.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by talktimi(m): 1:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
ShehuAba:

Be careful of what bro. What different opinion are you talking about here.
You made a comment that my statement is a big joke and you didn't give me any reason whatsoever and you want me to keep quiet right?
Or "Big joke" is now an opinion. ABI?
ol boy park well abeg

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by ShehuAba(m): 1:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
amAZEing: Did Sahara Reporters in their reportage ever sound like boko haram sympathizers before September 12 2014? Yes or No

if No Give Us Coherent Reasons.

Mr man stop asking me foolish questions, I gave about 4 instances where their reports which many disproved were shown to be actually true. Been a Boko haram sympathizer or not is a question I should rather ask you.
Stop twisting matters

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ab0kis like shoving everything down our throats.

If it is not another ab0ki dicktator(sic) it will be their satanic sharia based ideology.

I got news for you OP: Not everyone here is a dunce sheeple gurgling the azz cum from your Sambisa Times reel

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by ShehuAba(m): 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
talktimi: ol boy park well abeg

You, no park well. mtcheew
Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by ShehuAba(m): 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
amAZEing: ShehuAba please am waiting for the response to the question below.

I have responded to you appropriately.
Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by talktimi(m): 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
ShehuAba:

You, no park well. mtcheew
you're just a useless housegirl and YES your post is a joke just like you are.
Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by amAZEing: 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
Yes OR No

if NO Give NLers Reasons.

ShehuAba:

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
ShehuAba:

No you haven't.

Tell us why we must accept Sahara Reporters as the best next thing.

I know that you were probably hooked to their b.s. through that mallam midget's tweets. Your lot just keep stumbling down the rabbit hole of misinformation with every passing day.

My advice; do proper resererch on your own before adopting every stray bit of disinfo emanating from that CIA propaganda outlet

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by amAZEing: 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
ShehuAba Am Still Waiting for Your Response to

my question.

Did Sahara Reporters in Their Reportage (of The NE Conflict) Ever Sound Like Boko Haram Sympathizers (And Major Propaganda Outlet)

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by ShehuAba(m): 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
RevDesmondJuju:
No you haven't.
Tell us why we must accept Sahara Reporters as the best next thing.
I know that you were probably hooked to their b.s. through that mallam midget's tweets. Your lot just keep stumbling down the rabbit hole of misinformation with every passing day.
My advice; do proper resererch on your own before adopting every stray bit of disinfo emanating from that CIA propaganda outlet
talktimi: you're just a useless housegirl and YES your post is a joke just like you are.
amAZEing: Yes OR No
if NO Give NLers Reasons.
talktimi: you're just a useless housegirl and YES your post is a joke just like you are.

What are you guys trying to insinuate. Did you think I won't respond to you. You're the ones that need to make comments and your opinions known here. As far as I know, all what you guys have resorted to is to twist the points raised without facts or ask me already answered questions. If you feel my opinion is false, why not point to them here and let's start from there, rather than name callings which doesn't portray you as someone ready to discuss.
For the umpteenth time, respond to the issues raised above or you keep quiet forever.
Anything apart from that, I won't respond anymore.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
amAZEing: ShehuAba Am Still Waiting for Your Response to

my question.

Did Sahara Reporters in Their Reportage (of The NE Conflict) Ever Sound Like Boko Haram Sympathizers (And Media Outlet)

Ab0ki has left the building

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Sahara Reporters Deserves Commendation, Not Condemnation by amAZEing: 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
He is still much around with alternate monikers

RevDesmondJuju:

Ab0ki has left the building

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rehabilitating the Haramites and GEJ's greatest mistake - CramJones / WhatsApp Activated End-to-End Encryption For Millions Of Users Across The World / Who Is Tunde Ayeni And His Connection To Johnanthan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.