Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror (28384 Views)

"Cameron Flew Commercial To China For £40B, 2016 PMB Flies Private Jet For $2b" / Presidency Moves Against Terror Attack In Villa / Ukrainian Cargo Plane Grounded In Kano For Carrying Military Hardware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by wiringdpt(m): 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
America is evil, they do not want peace anywhere because it is not profitable for them. I am glad our government is not ready to be their puppet.
Ymodulus:

I am happy you understand these people call americans. Did you watch the Senate hearing of the United State secretary John Kerry on ISIS That guy is a joker. i will personally shoot him if given a gun. it goes to tell you the Americans have double standards
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Worksunlimited: 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
BlackTechnology: Nigerians must start developing advanced weapons in large quantities

Remember Iran... You think America and their allies would sit down and eat kilishi and balangu, and balance it with Jonathans first class kai kai flown in and freshly brewed from Mpa nkems shop, whilst the Nigerian Govt. develop such things.. Bruv.. E no possible..

Dont forget U.S have drones in our backyard..
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
F117A: Calling you a pseudo-intellectual is paying you an unmerited complement.
You are dishonest.
Maybe you think the US will sell weapons to Nigeria with buhari as president.

Your folly is there for the world to see. Millions of dollars in a private jet by a sovereign nation to buy weapons.
Even the mafia must have a better strategy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
Aigbofa:

Your folly is there for the world to see. Million of dollars in a private jet by a sovereign nation to buy weapons.
Even the mafia must have a better strategy.
Iya re ma lo bu igi je
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
iwonbaoko: Iya re ma lo bu igi je

Iwonbaogbon.

Conspiracy theorist in chief.
I'm sure you were fathered by a rabid dog hence your lack of respect for other people's parents.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
milehigh06:

what RUBBISH are you talking about..What Gun control ...STOP SPEWING BS ABOUT WHAT YOU DO NOT KNOW.American companies are at a liberty to do business with whomever they like..just like some businesses were doing business with Iran and some republicans were tryin to make a big deal of it and they(the republicans) got shut down...why are Nigerians so entrenched in trying to sell lies to people
what are you saying? That there are no gun control policies? Or that the government cannot interfere with arms trade deals? Or is it just that you didn't understand what I said? Are you this poor at understanding what you read, or you're just poor in articulating your position?
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
Worksunlimited:

Remember Iran... You think America and their allies would sit down and eat kilishi and balangu, and balance it with Jonathans first class kai kai flown in and freshly brewed from Mpa nkems shop, whilst the Nigerian Govt. develop such things.. Bruv.. E no possible..

Dont forget U.S have drones in our backyard..
It's only if Nigeria decides to produce nuclear warheads that the US will be alarmed. If Naija only produces guns, attack helicopters, fighter jets and warships; I don't think Washington would give a hoot.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by JuanDeDios: 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
F117A: Btw, Nigeria's instability is linked to too much press freedom.
Imagine,china with sahara reporters,absolute chaos is the end result.
And that is why i want a buhari presidency.
GEJ is too naive for the realities of today.
So you think we shouldn't have a free press and want Buhari to come and enforce that. And you can't see that for a country as corrupt as Nigeria the press is all you have left. May your path be rough in your Buhari mission.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by continentalceo(m): 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ymodulus: The west is too funny. The truth is thier reluctance to assist nigeria has nothing to do with human rights violations or lack of reliability and professionalism. If so then why is america still arming syrian rebels? I remember a couple months ago There were videos of syrian rebels cutting out the hearts of their enemies and eating it on youtube.

The hypocrisy of the west is truly in full display. I wonder why america is still sending billions of dollars of aid to egypt even with her gross human rights abuses. The truth of the matter is america just wants a puppet and Nigerias government is not submitting to them. The west never helps you without attaching strings.
After all if we look at countries like uganda and rwanda, countries that are willing puppets of america.(especially rwanda)
America still sells weapons to them even with their gross human rights violations.

Word for the wise
[size=15pt]Do not attach morality or civility to the Wests dealings with Nigeria and the rest of africa. Do so at your own peril.[/size]

I see your point bro...make alotta sense
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Worksunlimited: 7:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
CFCfan:
It's only if Nigeria decides to produce nuclear warheads that the US will be alarmed. If Naija only produces guns, attack helicopters, fighter jets and warships; I don't think Washington would give a hoot.

Buh do we have the platform to do that?.. ingenuity without platform equals lack of substance..
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by sylaz(m): 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
nduchucks: The unwillingness of USA & GB to support GEJ's administration in their quest to aquire millitary hardware should not surprise any one. Despite several documenmted cases of human rights abuses carried out by some elements within the Nigerian army, not a single person has been prosecuted nor any meaningful step taken to curb these abuses.

USA & GB do not want their weapons to be used against defenseless civilians or to be used to perpetrate war crimes. On the other hand, Russia and China do not give a hoot about human rights abuses, they will sell their weapons to the highest bidder. Nonsense!
Simple summary. Just because the abuse exists doesn't mean we should promote it. Especially when it involves civilians being lumped together with terrorist. A country like china where a tank can roll over you during a protest is what you wamt to use as a model. Good luck undecided
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by blasterman(m): 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
Western nations and their ppl would rather prefer that every one in Africa die from war or dieaase but officially they would act like they care about Africa but in their minds they r happy and hope the worst happens.

Look at the case of Ebola when Nigeria asked for drug they said no drug but they pass the drug to other western countries.

Some of them have the mindset that instead of giving Africa drug they would rather drop a nuclear bomb on Africa to solve the Ebola crises.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Greater9ja: 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
davitogreat:

you do know american and british arms manufacturers are closely tied to their governments right? plus on top of that, there is no ban but that does not mean they have to accept any requests from the Nigerian government.

As you can see the Nigerian defence spokesperson said the western countries were dragging their feet and were using human rights and unreliability as excuses to not sell to the Nigerian government.

lets be realistic the West is after Nigeria because of our Gay Laws.No wonder a gay mosque was just opened in SA.All the dots are connected.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Afroconnect: 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
Good move,America have sinister interests-they should not be trused.

Let us buy from willing sellers,Russia have as good war equipments and capability as America and their price is fairer.

Permanent interests is the only way to go in politics.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by dragon2(m): 7:28pm On Sep 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ymodulus: The west is too funny. The truth is thier reluctance to assist nigeria has nothing to do with human rights violations or lack of reliability and professionalism. If so then why is america still arming syrian rebels? I remember a couple months ago There were videos of syrian rebels cutting out the hearts of their enemies and eating it on youtube.

The hypocrisy of the west is truly in full display. I wonder why america is still sending billions of dollars of aid to egypt even with her gross human rights abuses. The truth of the matter is america just wants a puppet and Nigerias government is not submitting to them. The west never helps you without attaching strings.
After all if we look at countries like uganda and rwanda, countries that are willing puppets of america.(especially rwanda)
America still sells weapons to them even with their gross human rights violations.

Word for the wise
[size=15pt]Do not attach morality or civility to the Wests dealings with Nigeria and the rest of africa. Do so at your own peril.[/size]

no b dem wan tear naija into 2? Abi na 3?
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by neyobills: 8:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
milehigh06: why are people who basically do not know how a country runs so quick to tell you what they think is right or wrong..If in your deluded head you think the US govt can stop personal business men from doing business with Nigeria,then you really need your head checked..in our haste to bash the west,we simply refuse to look deeper into the 9.3million sham being carried out by your corrupt govt...If USA is ot willing to sell to Nigeria,why must Nieria now go to the black Market when they can go to Russia and China like they claim to be doing now?have you deluded conspiracy theorists thought that up?

The Nigerian govt claims they had to go to the illegal market to buy arms forgetting that a nation like Russia,China,Japan and bunch of eastern Nations will be willing to sell to Nigeria because 1. they need the money and most importantly 2,they are willing to rub the nose of USA in it

when you lot take some time out to actually think,then you will see how you and your type is being used as a rag doll in this experiment called "Loot Nigeria till she bleeds to death "

I think u are the rag doll been abused due to ur ignorance,US has stated they are not putting any boots on ground neither are they sharing intelliegence with the Nig Army,while they do have a base in Niger,can't u read between the lines and think for once.

Even the SA govt agreed that the deal was legitimate and the only problem they have is the dating of the invoice and the supplier based in Cyprus,so I wonder where u got ur own info that the SA deal was a black market deal.

Ignorant dolts like u aint worth the stress of arguing with anyways.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by blasterman(m): 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
U have to understand that some of them appears to be good but deep inside they r racists. They wish u all the bad luck and disaster.

Some of them don't care - those r the ones who promote gay laws.

A lot of them still believe that we have tigers roaming our streets. In fact majority of them in their minds refer to Africans as talking monkeys

So that is the history and Africa has not helped itself anyway too to disapprove anything.

If something bad happens today its on CNN next minute but if something good happen they will never mention it

And most of the media are just a fraction if the population and their thinking
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by blasterman(m): 8:08pm On Sep 20, 2014
Nigerian govt don't even care about Nigerians why shd another govt care. Our nation is being ruled by dullards and even the contenstants r dullards.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by ayindejimmy(m): 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
davitogreat:

your thinking about the rwanda of 1994. Rwanda is not a war ravaged country today. They are one of the few African countries that are doing quite well economically. plus there is no embargo on Nigeria. Only countries like North korea, cuba, zimbabwe have embargo's.
America and the U.K have just refused to sell weapons to Nigeria for frivolous reasons and the Nigerian government has decided to move on and strike deals with russia and china.

On top of that we have a few special forces training with the russians so that will be good for the military.
u dnt get me. As d US stated they'r nt selln weapon to Nigeria? I've never heard it b4.jus hearn it nw dat d Fed Govt tried to secretly smuggle money in2 SA. If they had succeeded we wnt hear anytin.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by onyenro(m): 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
What is DICON Defense industry corporation of Nigeria doing in kaduna? How would the biggest economy in Africa depend on others for arms? We have capable hands in Jos, Aba, Onisha, and other location were arms are made. These folks need to be formalized and recognized by the government to start something.
During the war of Biafra, Ojukwu waited for arms he ordered to be supplied which never came until the federal troops matched into the east without any defense. Nigeria should have her arms manufacture in Nigeria by Nigerians
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by MZdamola(f): 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
donnypool:

grin grin oya pm me, cause i don't know how people do this pm thing
Lie.. all the nairaland babes Wey u dey pm nko? No dey bobo me joo..
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by lucianohase(m): 8:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
Satan USA and their their demon western allies have a hand in the sponsor of Boko Haram!So shouldn't expect any meaningful help from them....Its just unfortunate that they were able to allign with sme greedy and stupid Nigerian elites who were willing to yield themselves to be used by them. http://tarnews.co.za/frontpage/boko-haram-is-a-cia-covert-operation-wikileaks/ The same thing applies to ISIS in Iraq and syria.....they are also USA creation:http://en.ria.ru/politics/20140813/191982447/Islamic-State-Is-US-Covert-Intelligence-Operation---Law.html ! What will bring US down as a nation for all these crimes they v been doing to different countries,will be from inside US and that will be when they least expect it...when they feel that they are all round secure !!!
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Spinshark(m): 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
And who even know if the money has anything to do with purchase of arms
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
MZdamola:
Lie.. all the nairaland babes Wey u dey pm nko? No dey bobo me joo..

grin grin grin...you must teach me how to pm
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 20, 2014

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
sir all4naija,for the first time I salute you..

all4naija:
Not to make mention of the $9.3 million going missing in South Africa as we speak. I use the word 'missing' because the tone the South African government is using is very obvious it is not going to release that money to the criminals.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by sarutobie(m): 9:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
iwonbaoko: Yes Isis inquired of the Lord "shall we go up against Baghdad"
and the Lord said "go up" and Isis said "How shall we go up when all we have are sticks and stones"
"Fear not,behold I am the Lord of Hosts"
Remember Sura 2.249 How many a little company hath overcome a mighty host by Allah's leave! Allah is with the steadfast.
so they were comforted

and it came to pass that Isis armed only with stones and sticks went up against the mighty Iraqi army and the Lord delivered Mosul into the hands of Isis and the Lord smote the Iraqis even though they were armed with the Latest American weapons and so all the American weapons fell into the hands of ISIS
Thus ISIS came to possess Humvees and Armored trucks,anti-aircraft artillery and M79 rocket launchers for the Lord smote the Iraqis with a mighty smiting and all the surrounding countries were seized with a mighty fear
this retort is classic! ISIS overcame the iraqi military with bows and dane guns, that is what they want us to believe. .pseudo intellects wey full this forum pretending to know about something they have no inkling about.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by EMANY01(m): 9:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
Aigbofa:

You obviously assume that Nigerians are not smart enough to sift through the cacophony of lies and half truths to know what is true and what is false.
I guess you will trust Jonathan and his ministers to determine that for them as it is done in some other places.

Nigerians are not Chinese and if their system works for them maybe it is because corruption is severely punished in their country. Can you load a private jet with millions of dollars in China and fly it to another country?

Nigerians are not foolish, let anyone publish what they like we can discern the truth and if you are slandered the courts are there.

Nigerians are smart enough? And they bought the bullshi*t stories about kolanut curing Ebola then salt and water and possibly pesticides ........? MIster please......whatever argument you were making has been invalidated by that line .
I wouldn't waste my energy debating the subject topic with you because your understanding of the Nigerian physic is fundamentally flawed.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Raypawer(m): 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ymodulus: cheesy grin grin
I wasn't booking. I made a comment. And I had to delete it. So no better way. I just put a dot. Beside I commented on the topic before it made front page

then tell the mods to delete it...
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by dasoul(m): 9:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
Media and their propaganda!!! why is this compliant now
all this coming up in the wake of the $9.3million seizure just to appeal simpletons that they ve genuine reason what happened. What did the Nigerian army say when the American army was complaining of lack of cooperation from their Nigerian counterpart-Nothing. when ever I see an article like this what come to my mind first is 'what does this writer want me/us to believe' then 'who benefit from what I/we believe'. when that's fathom, I cab then either 'like' or 'dislike' the post. in this case its a big DISLIKE. .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Burial Poster Of Christiana Obiano, Governor Willie Obiano's Mother / 87-Year-Old Prof Nwabueze Leads Atiku’s, Pdp’s Legal Team / Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.