Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,441 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam (7061 Views)

A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note / What Does It Mean That God Will Not Despise A Broken Spirit And Contrite Heart / I Am A Muslim, I Love Christians & I Condemn Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by orimahspence: 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
I'm a Nigerian,I was born a Muslim and I still remain one, I despise bokoharam terrorists and all that they represent. In fact, despise is not even a strong enough word to convey my true feelings about those who kill innocent people in the name of Islam. I hate them with every fiber of my being.

I'm not going to tell you, "Islam is a religion of peace." Nor will I tell you that Islam is a religion of violence. What I will say is that Islam is a religion that, like Christianity and Judaism, is intended to bring you closer to God. And sadly we have seen people use the name of each of these Abrahamic faiths to wage and justify violence.

The unique problem for Muslims is that our faith is being increasingly defined by the actions of a tiny group of morally bankrupt bokoharam terrorists. Just to be clear: The people who commit violence in the name of Islam are not Muslims, they are murderers. Their true religion is hatred and inhumanity.

The only people terrorists speak for are themselves and the others involved in their despicable plot. They do not represent me, my family or any other Muslim I know. And believe me, I know a lot of Muslims.

We hate these terrorists more than non-Muslims do. How can I say that? Because they harm innocent people in the name of our religion and consequently we suffer a backlash because of their acts. It can be anything from a spike in hate crimes to people viewing Muslims as troublesome imperils because of our faith. We are the ones called to answer for the sins of people we detest.

Since the bokoharam bombings has renewed for some concerns about Muslims, I wanted to candidly answer three questions I have been asked repeatedly over the years:

1. Why do some Muslims commit terrorism?

I'm not a terrorism expert but I will share the view of those I have spoken to in the Muslim community. There can be no doubt that some Muslims wrongly believe that their terrorist act is sanctioned by Islam. But to us their true motivation is not religious, but rather political.

Islam is simply used by terrorists as a way to recruit support.They then engage in terrorism to bring attention to their grievances or to achieve their political agenda, just as other terror groups have done in the past.

The recent statement of the bokoaram terrorist group spokesman ,boasting an unachievable task of completely abohoring western education in the country further makes this very point. That expressly tell us that they have a specific political agenda

2. Why don't Muslims denounce terrorism?

Just to be clear: Nigerian Muslim organizations have unequivocally denounced and condemn bokoharam and their terror attacks. Not just once, but over and over.
http://muslimsagainstterror.com/muslims-of-nigeria-denounce-and-condemn-boko-haram/

They made it clear that The actions of Boko Haram are in clear contradiction of the tenets of Islam.

But that doesn't matter if you haven't heard it. And despite their best efforts to get this message out there, what attracts more media attention: A Muslim denouncing terrorism or footage of an explosion?

Does that mean that we will stop denouncing terrorism? Of course not. But we will have to be more creative in our efforts to attract media coverage to make this point to our fellow Nigerians
3. Why don't Muslims stop blowing stuff up?

I have never blown up anything, except maybe a model toy tank when I was a kid. Nor has any other Muslims I've met in person or even on Facebook. But still we are charged by many with the task of policing a religion of more than a billion people.

Although this may not change some people's perception, statistically Muslims have not been the ones involved in most terror plots in the United States. In fact, since 1995, 88% of the domestic terrorist plots have been by right-wing groups, ecoterrorists and anarchists, according to an analysis by the Center for American Progress. But still, 12% were Muslims.I don't use Nigeria because our country is one with poor record of statistic and non-dependable database,if we have any

Believe me, we wish that number were zero. But here's the brutal truth: Neither law enforcement nor the American Muslim community can stop every radical or criminal who happens to be Muslim. A "lone wolf" can devise his or her evil plan in secret, making detection almost impossible.

It is my hope that in time, Muslims will not be defined to my fellow Nigerians by the handful of terrorists, but by the millions of others who are involved in all aspects of Nigerian life. Well-known Nigerian Muslims range from The Richest man in Africa, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Saultan saad Abubakar III, The sultan of Sokoto, The late Arisekola Also, Aare musulumi of yoruba land, to police officers, teachers, judges, Government workers, cab drivers and the millions of Nigerian Muslims in between.

These people, not the terrorists, are the true Muslims.

Dear brothers, fear only Allah.
When you see any one engaging in making bombs or terror activity,tell the police or the constituted authority

Quran says what means- whoever takes an innocent life, it is as if he has killed the entire human kind.
And whoever saves a life, it is like wise as though he has saved the entire human kind.
Quran 5:32 ..whoever kills an innocent, it is as if he has killed all mankind; and whoever saves a person, it is as if he has saved all mankind.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by PastorKun(m): 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
It's a fact that most muslims hate boko haram because apart from the fact that boko haram are giving Islam a bad image because of the atrocities they commit in the name of Islam a lot of muslims are also victims of their atrocities. However boko haram, ISIS and other extremists groups claim that they are the true muslims and that moderate muslims like you are hypocrites. They justify their actions quoting instructions from the quoran such as quoran 8:39 and 9:28-30.

They also sight the example of Mohammed who led several battles to forcefully convert people to Islam(Jihad). They claim to be following in the foot steps of Mohammed who is the perfect example for all muslims. How do you explain or reconcile this?

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
Bokoharam members are muslims, they despise you.

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
ISLAM IS BOKO. Period

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by Blackfire(m): 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
good write up..but bad foundation(mohamed's life)
Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
Members of terror groups like ISIS, Bokoharam, the Taliban and Alqaeda cannot be regarded as true Muslims. Simple truth a lot of us shy away from.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by PastorKun(m): 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
striktlymi: Members of terror groups like ISIS, Bokoharam, the Taliban and Alqaeda cannot be regarded as true Muslims. Simple truth a lot of us shy away from.

How do you justify this statement when they justify their actions based on clear instructions in the quoran and examples from the life of the founder of their religion?

4 Likes

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
PastorKun:

How do you justify this statement they justify their actions based on clear instructions in the quoran and examples from the life of the founder of their religion?

Anyone can claim anything. We have pastors claiming the Holy spirit asked them to do things that are specific in Sacred scriptures but this does not mean that God actually sent them.

Their claims are baseless because a lot of their actions negates the teachings of the Quran which they claim to follow.

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by PastorKun(m): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
striktlymi:

Anyone can claim anything. We have pastors claiming the Holy spirit asked them to do things that are specific in Sacred scriptures but this does not mean that God actually sent them.

Their claims are baseless because a lot of their actions negates the teachings of the Quran which they claim to follow.

As it occurred to you that there could be contradicting teachings in the quoran? In quoran 8:39 for example muslims are enjoined to fight till the whole world accepts Allah, in quoran 9:29 muslims are asked to fight jews and christians and allah's curse was even pronounced on them. Islamic extremists are merely following the instructions in their holy book so it would wrong to say they are not true muslims.

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by honeychild(f): 6:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
Sura 9:5 -
When the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters, wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush. But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor rate, leave their way free. Surely Allah is forgiving, Merciful.

Sura 9:123- Oh you who believe, fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you and let them find firmness with you. And know that Allah is with those who keep their duty.

@OP
I don't know where you live o, or how old you are, but as for me, a Nigerian who grew up in Kaduna State in the eightees and nineties, you can never convince me that violence and terrorism is not a facet of Islam.

I witnessed too many incidences of Muslims pouring out of a mosque after Friday prayers and embarking on a killing, looting and burning spree, all the while shouting Allahu Akbar!

If people come out of a worship session and immediately begin to kill and destroy, that sounds like they were enjoined to do so by their religious leaders.

Try all you can to whitewash Islam it cannot work. It's a religion of violence, it was spread by violence. And violence against other religions is a command for all Muslims.

'Pursue the infidels. Slay them wherever you find them." So says your holy book. Those terrorists are the real Muslims.

8 Likes

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
PastorKun:

As it occurred to you that there could be contradicting teachings in the quoran? In quoran 8:39 for example muslims are enjoined to fight till the whole world accepts Allah, in quoran 9:29 muslims are asked to fight jews and christians and allah's curse was even pronounced on them. Islamic extremists are merely following the instructions in their holy book so it would wrong to say they are not true muslims.

A lot of this has to do with interpretation and context. Most of the 'violent passages' in the Quran, if not all were written while Muhammad and his followers were busy prosecuting a war they did not start.

Now to the two passages you provided...

Surah 8:39
Sahih International

And fight them until there is no fitnah and [until] the religion, all of it, is for Allah . And if they cease - then indeed, Allah is Seeing of what they do.

Surah 9:29
Sahih International

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

Both passages are not exactly contradictory. Both passages relate the same message but in different ways. The first asked the followers to fight until there is no fitnah and the Religion is for Allah.

It seem to suggest that Muhammad is all out to conquer the world and make everyone Muslim. But this is not exactly the case because in the second passage he went ahead to reveal what should happen to 'unbelievers' who finally lay down their arms.

They would be required to give the Jizyah willingly. The Jizyah is a form of tax (Capita tax if you will) levied on 'male' non-muslims of military age, resident in a Muslim Country as a sign of their subjection to the government.

This shows that though Muhammad desires everyone to become Muslim but he acknowledges that it is not to be forced on people. It has to be accepted willingly. If one chooses not to accept Islam then he pays the Jizyah as long as he continues to reside within the territory.

Thus, the message in both passages is not really about Muslim domination but about how Muslims are expected to conduct themselves in time of war.

Only wars approved by Allah should be fought and when they are fought, it should be with the mindset of furthering the course of Allah for as long as the aggressors continue to fight. If an aggressor stops fighting or loses then the Jizyah is to be imposed for those who are willing to accept.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by PastorKun(m): 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
striktlymi:

A lot of this has to do with interpretation and context. Most of the 'violent passages' in the Quran, if not all were written while Muhammad and his followers were busy prosecuting a war they did not start.

Sahih International

And fight them until there is no fitnah and [until] the religion, all of it, is for Allah . And if they cease - then indeed, Allah is Seeing of what they do.

Sahih International

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

Both passages are not exactly contradictory. Both passages relate the same message but in different ways. The first asked the followers to fight until there is no fitnah and the Religion is for Allah.

It seem to suggest that Muhammad is all out to conquer the world and make everyone Muslim. But this is not exactly the case because in the second passage he went ahead to reveal what should happen to 'unbelievers' who finally lay down their arms.

They would be required to give the Jizyah willingly. The Jizyah is a form of tax (Capita tax if you will) levied on 'male' non-muslims of military age, resident in a Muslim Country as a sign of their subjection to the government.

This shows that though Muhammad desires everyone to become Muslim but he acknowledges that it is not to be forced on people. It has to be accepted willingly. If one chooses not to accept Islam then he pays the Jizyah as long as he continues to reside within the territory.

Thus, the message in both passages is not really about Muslim domination but about how Muslims are expected to conduct themselves in time of war.

Only wars approved by Allah should be fought and when they are fought, it should be with the mindset of furthering the course of Allah for as long as the aggressors continue to fight.
If an aggressor stops fighting or loses then the Jizyah is to be imposed for those who are willing to accept.

@bolded
Therein lies the problem, any lunatic like Shekau or Osama can wake up tomorrow and claim that Allah has instructed him to start an islamic caliphate. And since there are several precedences in the quoran and the hadiths he is easily able to indoctrinate other believers to join his cause.

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
PastorKun:

@bolded
Therein lies the problem, any lunatic like Shekau or Osama can wake up tomorrow and claim that Allah has instructed him to start an islamic caliphate. And since there are several precedences in the quoran and the hadiths he is easily able to indoctrinate other believers to join his cause.

I agree!

1 Like

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by focus7: 11:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
Op I still don't trust u.
Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by Lucario007(m): 3:29am On Sep 21, 2014
honeychild: Sura 9:5 -
When the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters, wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush. But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor rate, leave their way free. Surely Allah is forgiving, Merciful.

Sura 9:123- Oh you who believe, fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you and let them find firmness with you. And know that Allah is with those who keep their duty.

@OP
I don't know where you live o, or how old you are, but as for me, a Nigerian who grew up in Kaduna State in the eightees and nineties, you can never convince me that violence and terrorism is not a facet of Islam.

I witnessed too many incidences of Muslims pouring out of a mosque after Friday prayers and embarking on a killing, looting and burning spree, all the while shouting Allahu Akbar!

If people come out of a worship session and immediately begin to kill and destroy, that sounds like they were enjoined to do so by their religious leaders.

Try all you can to whitewash Islam it cannot work. It's a religion of violence, it was spread by violence. And violence against other religions is a command for all Muslims.

'Pursue the infidels. Slay them wherever you find them." So says your holy book. Those terrorists are the real Muslims.

so what of the following:

No. 1:St Paul’s advice about whether women are
allowed to teach men in church:
“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have
authority over a man; she must be silent.” (1
Timothy 2:12)

No. 2: In this verse, Samuel, one of the early
leaders of Israel, orders genocide against a
neighbouring people:
“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go
and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all
that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both
man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep,
camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

or this:
“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the
Lord.” (Ephesians 5:22)

No. 4: “Slaves, submit yourselves to your
masters with all respect, not only to the good and
gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

or even these:

“So the man took his concubine and sent her
outside to them, and they raped her and abused
her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her
go. At daybreak the woman went back to the
house where her master was staying, fell down at
the door and lay there until daylight. When her
master got up in the morning and opened the
door of the house and stepped out to continue on
his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the
doorway of the house, with her hands on the
threshold. He said to her, ‘Get up; let’s go.’ But
there was no answer. Then the man put her on
his donkey and set out for home.” (Judges
19:25-28)

“ And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord, and said,
‘If you will give the Ammonites into my hand,
then whoever comes out of the doors of my
house to meet me, when I return victorious from
the Ammonites, shall be the Lord’s, to be offered
up by me as a burnt-offering.’ Then Jephthah
came to his home at Mizpah; and there was his
daughter coming out to meet him with timbrels
and with dancing. She was his only child; he had
no son or daughter except her. When he saw her,
he tore his clothes, and said, ‘Alas, my daughter!
You have brought me very low; you have become
the cause of great trouble to me. For I have
opened my mouth to the Lord, and I cannot take
back my vow.’” (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5)

These are all from the bible. So does it mean all Christian s follow and obey such barbaric acts?

so please who are you to judge?

Hitler was a Catholic, and the amount of people he killed not to mention the Christian Crusades should be equal if not doubling the number of people killed by Muslim terrorist activities.

All in all, nearly all religions are the same. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 8:30am On Sep 21, 2014
@OP. You are a muslim and you hate boko haram. Good to hear that. Now tell us how you detest Islamic clerics who incite some muslims to go on a killing spree of the infidels.
Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by honeychild(f): 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
@Lucario007
This is not a debate about whether Islam is better than. Christianity. It's about Muslims trying to say violence isn't enjoined in their religion.

Now to your point:

1. I am in 100% agreement with the Bible when it says women should be silent in church. Women on the pulpit is not permitted by the Bible.

2. The "genocides" recorded in the Bible was a judgement on the inhabitants of Canaan. Canaanite culture was one of the most depraved in human history.Their cculture involved child sacrifice amongst others. God had taken note of their depravity since the time of Abraham. But he waited 400 years until their cup of iniquity was full. He then decided to remove them from his face, using the Israelites.

3. I am a married woman and I am 100% in support of submission to my husband. It makes for a peaceful and happy home.
Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by malvisguy212: 8:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
honeychild: @Lucario007
This is not a debate about whether Islam is better than. Christianity. It's about Muslims trying to say violence isn't enjoined in their religion.

Now to your point:

1. I am in 100% agreement with the Bible when it says women should be silent in church. Women on the pulpit is not permitted by the Bible.

2. The "genocides" recorded in the Bible was a judgement on the inhabitants of Canaan. Canaanite culture was one of the most depraved in human history.Their cculture involved child sacrifice amongst others. God had taken note of their depravity since the time of Abraham. But he waited 400 years until their cup of iniquity was full. He then decided to remove them from his face, using the Israelites.

3. I am a married woman and I am 100% in support of submission to my husband. It makes for a peaceful and happy home.
God bless you woman.

The quran even ask all musliims to beat there wife.

The reason paul say women shuld be quiet at church is because......In 1 Corinthians 14:34-35, Paul wrote: “As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not
allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they
want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands
at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church” (vv.
33-35). IF WE TAKE THIS LETERAILY IT WOULD MEAN THAT WOMEN ARE NOT ALLOW TO SING IN CHURCH NOR RESPOND WHEN THE PASTOR AKS FOR COMMENT OR
QUESTION FROM THE AUDENCE. Moreover, it would contradict what Paul
said in chapter 11, where he said that women could pray and prophesy
in church if they had the appropriate attire. Common sense, church custom, and good principles of biblical
interpretation all say that we should not take these verses literally—
and almost no one does. Paul is not making a blanket prohibition that
says that women can never speak in church. Rather, he was addressing
his comments to a certain situation, and his comments are limited in
some way. The question is, What are the limits of Paul’s prohibition? In the following paper, the doctrinal review team examines the context
and looks at the details of these verses. Joseph Tkach
Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by jasper83: 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
PastorKun: It's a fact that most muslims hate boko haram because apart from the fact that boko haram are also giving Islam a bad image because of the atrocities they commit in the name of Islam. However boko haram, ISIS and other extremists groups claim that they are the true muslims and that moderate muslims like you are hypocrites. They justify their actions quoting instructions from the quoran such as quoran 8:39 and 9:28-30.

They also sight the example of Mohammed who led several battles to forcefully convert people to Islam(Jihad). They claim to be following in the foot steps of Mohammed who is the perfect example for all muslims. How do you explain or reconcile this?

Don't mind those boko bastard. The op has said it, the jst av hatred for anything west and invariably Christianity. And this madness of hatred started from the isreali/palestinian brohaha in the early 1920's. Final note, they are jst qouting our holy prophet( peace be upon him) out of context. Try engage moderate Islamic clerics on all the battles the prophet fought and u will c they are all DEFENSIVE BATTLES and not OPPRESSIVE BATTLES, u will naturally discern this wen u read the stories urself with open mind. I hate bokos
Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by Lucario007(m): 1:04am On Sep 22, 2014
honeychild: @Lucario007

Now to your point:

1. and of course this blatant act of sexism is okay to you? I have no comment.

2. Yes... child sacrifice as if children have never been sacrificed by God in the bible, the killing of all the first born males in Egypt, testing Abraham to kill his only son, Jephthah offering his only daughter and only child up to the Lord as a burnt offering...

still despite how depraved they where does it justify killing the innocent children and newborns who were uncorrupted and had no idea as to why they where killed?? If your answer is yes, then I will have to assume you have no conscience.

3. So you would submit to him even if he beat you up everyday, slept around, was irresponsible and abusive? Simply because you have a loving husband you submit to him, would you still submit if he was abusive?

you also ignored the part about slavery, abuse, where it was written that if you are raped you should marry your rapist and only answered what was suitable to you.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by cuteboy2: 2:14am On Sep 22, 2014
orimahspence:
2. Why don't Muslims denounce terrorism?

Just to be clear: Nigerian Muslim organizations have unequivocally denounced and condemn boko haram and their terror attacks. Not just once, but over and over.
http://muslimsagainstterror.com/muslims-of-nigeria-denounce-and-condemn-boko-haram/

They made it clear that The actions of Boko Haram are in clear contradiction of the tenets of Islam.

But that doesn't matter if you haven't heard it. And despite their best efforts to get this message out there, what attracts more media attention: A Muslim denouncing terrorism or footage of an explosion?

The bolded text in your post says is all. The I don't really care attitude is obvious. The attitude of muslims towards the murderous rampage of Shekau and Boko Haram (BH) have been tame, if not outright collaborative.

At the beginning of BH murderous campaigns, killings and bombings were restricted to churches and areas in the North where Southerners are predominant residents (the Sabon Garis). Thousands of Igbos and Yorubas were killed in this manner. The attacks were also targeted at largely agrarian Christian Northern villages.

The Northern political elites kept a stony silence and were even happy that BH activities will render current Federal Govt of Goodluck Jonathan so unpopular it will hand them the Nigerian Presidency in a platter of gold. Opposition political figures milked the insurgency for political gain. Every time a church, market or bus stop was bombed, rather than sympathize with the victim and condemn Shekau, as if on cue, they attacked the President immediately. When innocent school children at a Federal Government College or the one at Federal College of Agriculture had their throats slit in their hostels at night, and those that ran were mowed down by bullets, the Northern elites held their peace.

The Northern elites through the Northern Elders Forum and some Northern governors in opposition political party such as Murtala Nyako even started issuing incendiary statements that the Nigerian Army are carrying out genocide against the North, including puerile statements that BH is being sponsored by the government.

We only started hearing weak statements from the Sultan of Sokoto that BH killers are not muslims when the Emir of Kano convoy was bombed. When you compare the reaction of the Northern elites when Buhari's vehicle was attacked, compared to their reaction when a school (eg, the recent attack at Federal College of Education) is attacked, you will understand what I mean.

My question to you is why does the Northern elite, Emirs, Muslims Leaders and the entire Ummah wait for muslim organisations to be the only ones condemning BH. Why can't they condemn BH with the same vigour and vehemence that they bring to bear in attacking the President in their bid to regain power.

My firm believe and those of millions of Nigerians around the world is that the condemnation of the BH by muslims, muslim leaders, and Northern political leaders and Emirs in particular have been tepid.

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by honeychild(f): 7:36am On Sep 22, 2014
@Lucario

I don't accept that saying women do not take the lead is sexism. There's a lot I can do as a woman in church to further the cause of my faith. I do not have to stand on the pulpit to teach or minister.

The difference between the situation of Christians on the issue of fighting and violence and that of Muslims is this:

Christians have been put under a new law by Christ. He called it the law of love. So we are no longer permitted to fight or kill.

With the Muslims, the verses of the Quran that advocate fighting and killing the disbelievers until the become Muslims came [/b]after[b] those that say live in peace.

So going by the doctrine of "abrogation" whereby the later revelation abrogates or cancels out the earlier ones, the current injunction for Muslims is to kill them until they become Muslims.

So why should a Muslim now say his fellow believers who are doing so are not true Muslims?

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by Kay17: 8:38am On Sep 22, 2014
striktlymi: Members of terror groups like ISIS, Bokoharam, the Taliban and Alqaeda cannot be regarded as true Muslims. Simple truth a lot of us shy away from.

You are not at all an authority to decide who and who isn't muslim or muslim. It is a theological quagmire for the Muslims to decide what it takes to be a true muslim. It is hopeless saying ISIS or Haram are hypocrites or true muslims.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by Kay17: 8:43am On Sep 22, 2014
Another fault with Islam and Christianity is that it does not give the individual the initiative to direct his spiritual life, to decide for himself, rather he has to constantly adhere to instructions from the bible or quran without sufficient understanding.

For example why do we do good for God?

1 Like

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by malvisguy212: 8:54am On Sep 22, 2014
striktlymi:

Sahih International

Sahih International

Only wars approved by Allah should be fought and when they are fought, it should be with the mindset of furthering the course of Allah for as long as the aggressors continue to fight. If an aggressor stops fighting or loses then the Jizyah is to be imposed for those who are willing to accept.
you sound intelingent but you are somehow ignorance.

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do
not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made
unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who
were given the SCRIPTUR - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

The people that are giving the scripture, did they pay the jizyay?

Do you know that which ever village boko haram capture, they preach islam to the villagers untill they accept islam? Am telling you the truth brother believe me.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 22, 2014
Kay17:

You are not at all an authority to decide who and who isn't muslim or muslim. It is a theological quagmire for the Muslims to decide what it takes to be a true muslim. It is hopeless saying ISIS or Haram are hypocrites or true muslims.

I need not be a Musilm to determine who practices Islam as handed down by Muhammad. The Quran is there for anyone who cares to read to go through and match their findings with the modus operandi of those terror groups.
Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by Kay17: 10:06am On Sep 22, 2014
striktlymi:

I need not be a Musilm to determine who practices Islam as handed down by Muhammad. The Quran is there for anyone who cares to read to go through and match their findings with the modus operandi of those terror groups.

The Quran is not an open book that can be interpreted easily. It has a history, an ideology etc which build a context within which it is read.
Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by PastorKun(m): 10:09am On Sep 22, 2014
striktlymi:

But there was violence in the Islam practised and handed down by Mohammed, why are you denying the obvious It's very well documented in all their 'holy' books.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 22, 2014
PastorKun:

But there was violence in the Islam practised and handed down by Mohammed, why are you denying the obvious It's very well documented in all their 'holy' books.

Sure, Muhammad and his followers were involved in some violent acts in his days just like the children of Israel were in the old testament; but this does not imply that violence was what was preached.

Violence in so many cases is unavoidable. What matters is one's approach to it. It is either one is fighting a just war or not. The war Obama is prosecuting against ISIS is considered, in many quarters, just but that done by George in Iraq is highly criticized.

I consider Muhammad to be an advocate of peace as far as history is concerned. Most of the war (if not all) he embarked on were mainly defensive. He did not start them and was ready to stop fighting when the other party was willing to sheath their swords.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 22, 2014
Kay17:

The Quran is not an open book that can be interpreted easily. It has a history, an ideology etc which build a context within which it is read.

I agree and that is one reason the internet is a veritable tool to access materials on Islamic literature.
Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by ooman(m): 11:50am On Sep 22, 2014
striktlymi:

I agree and that is one reason the internet is a veritable tool to access materials on Islamic literature.

From Catholicism to Islam ... are you getting converted or deconverted to Islam?

Whats your view on ISIL, IS, ISIS or whatever?
Re: I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
ooman:

From Catholicism to Islam ... are you getting converted or deconverted to Islam?

Whats your view on ISIL, IS, ISIS or whatever?

I am always Catholic.

I believe ISIL to be a terror group which is giving Islam a very bad name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prayers To Break All Ties Of Incubus And Succubus. And My Own Personal Experienc / Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? / Jesus Devine Revelation To Samuel Oghenetega ,a 14 Years Old Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.