Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? (2430 Views)

Sister, which stage are you currently in? / Ladies, At What Stage Of A Relationship Will You Do This? (see Photo) / 5 Stages Of Wooing A Women/ Why Women Are Afraid Of Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by waylee90: 2:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
Source : www.thatloveblog.com

Every couple at some stage or another want to know how to make a relationship work better. We all face up and downs in our relationship and we often may look back and remember how happy we were when we first met our partner and wonder why we have relationship problems now.

Whether or not we see it, practically everything changes in stages. Our personal lives can be broken down into stages as we age, go to school, start working and get involved in a significant long term relationship or even marriage. These distinct stages can also become stages within themselves as you advance through each one.

Our relationships are no different. There are 5 different stages of a relationship and you will be able to make a relationship work better once you acknowledge where you've been, where you are now and where you're going with your partner.

1. The Rose Coloured Glasses Stage.
The first of our stages of a relationship is probably the favourite for most people and is known by many names. You're head over heels in love with your partner and he or she can do nothing wrong. You're perfect for each other. It could be called the Rose Coloured Glasses Stage because everything looks rosy. You both are so happy and think this wonderful feeling will last forever as you're on your best behaviour and do sweet things for each other just because you can. It is very rare that you or your partner argue or fall out.

2. The Disenchantment Stage.
The second stage is known as the disenchantment stage. The rose coloured glasses have come off and you realize your partner is human and makes mistakes. He or she is not as perfect as you first thought. Little habits you hadn't noticed before become annoying. Romance is still there but is slightly muted. It's during this stage that common relationship problems can first occur. Good communication between you and your partner becomes very important because you're wondering where the fantasy went and what to do about it.

3. The Panic Stage.
The third stage is the panic stage as the disappointments grow and the relationship is not enjoyable anymore. There are many external pressures such as work, your partner's family, money and there may even be young children on scene now. You begrudge the fact that your partner doesn't see things the way you do. It's now that you really need to work hard on your relationship because if the problems cannot be settled in a nice way some couples threaten to leave and finish the relationship.

4. The Strength Stage.
If you can make it through stage 3, you progress into the strength stage. Greater feelings of love and trust are felt as you feel more self-confident and your relationship becomes more peaceful and meaningful. The extreme intimacy has passed into more of a friendship as you each drift into your own hobbies and interests. Even though you have mastered how to have a relationship that is more calm and supportive, avoid the temptation to become bored and enjoy the happy relationship.

5. The Love And Commitment Stage.
The last of our stages of a relationship is probably the best as you accept your partner for what he or she is, with all their faults and irritating habits. This is known as the meaningful love and commitment stage. True love has developed and you're both committed to working on how to make a relationship work. You're no longer struggling for individuality but functioning as a team that can enjoy life together.

What stage are you in? Let's know. *winks*

Courtesy : www.thatloveblog.com

1 Like

Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by datguru: 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
Cool, I think I read it
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
I just got thru stage 3, now in stage 4. Bliv me, i nw understand y dia re so many break ups. So many pple faint in stage 3 coz it can be unbearable.

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by Ploy(m): 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
I have not started , just setting my radar. Why did you jump this very crucial stage? No relationship till you locate the person na
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
I can't find my stage. I'd better create one for myself and I. cheesy

The SFH Stage: At this stage, you feel the world revolving around you. You get to enjoy the full stage of independence - again. You lavish your days in style. You get to discover yourself in numerous life's adventures as you are still single and HAPPY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
olatemitayo: I just got thru stage 3, now in stage 4. Bliv me, i nw understand y dia re so many break ups. So many pple faint in stage 3 coz it can be unbearable.
cheesy i know what u mean, trust me. what if u pass stage 3 and partner is still shithead? cheesy
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by DGKN: 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hmmmmmm

For me... Panic STage
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by Spicylate(f): 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
got into stage 3 yesterday night but its not the for the first time sha
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by freshness2020: 4:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
Just entered stage 1 after three years of single-hood!
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by jmoore(m): 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
I have never been in that ship called relationship.
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
voodoo85:
cheesy i know what u mean, trust me. what if u pass stage 3 and partner is still shithead? cheesy

One thing i learnt from the whole experience was to be gracefully PATIENT.
Also, I want to believe it is a serious & purposeful relationship, if it is not, i cant really tell you much. But,if it is a purposeful relationship, just make sure you re not presumptous and assuming. Lastly, exercise inpenetrable PATIENCE.
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by Mynd44: 5:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
I am not in any stage. I have been single for so long, I don't know what it feels like to date

1 Like

Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by Donfamous(m): 5:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
In stage 6
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
zero stage cool
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by LibrarianD: 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
Stage 3 was really challenging, stage 4 on point kiss cheesy grin
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by dwilliams: 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
Stage 3.5 becos I am either gonna escape it soon or she wil sink in it
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by valmunich(m): 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
We wey never start any stage Kwan? grin
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by destante(f): 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
Donfamous: In stage 6
Lol you have added yours.
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by Sanchez01: 7:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
On stage 5!grin
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by brut(f): 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
Stage 4 proceeding to 5
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by LLVelly: 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
In Stage 3,the hardest, she just can't see things the way I see it. I'm just hoping & coping coz she's the Best I've crossed.
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by missdebs(f): 10:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
stage zero....broken up nd single stage
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by okotv(m): 10:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
single and not searching....actually am too young for that
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by Ibrowski(m): 11:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
I'm presently @ stage 3 & I must say it ain't funny cos d doubts are.........should I hang on? should I call it off?. I just hope to get passed d stage.
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by Austyn44(m): 11:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
Presently on Sabbatical leave from relationships.
smiley
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by argon500: 11:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
That was like 6 years ago.. Oh boy, no happiness like being single cos there won't be any stress from anyone, you know what I mean now, things like

I called you, you didn't pick up
Why are you sounding this way, are you with someone?
Billing things ( hair fixing, aso ebi e.t.c )
I have been trying to call you but your number was busy, who are you talking with for so long

Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by nairalife2013(m): 12:33am On Sep 21, 2014
My wife is still in stage 1. I hav decided not to hurt her again. From what I see, she ll remain in stage one till old age and death. As for me, well, grabs my glasses, folds forehead in undulating lines- I am in daan stage 5! Can't do better than dat!! And datz til f--kin death!!!

1 Like

Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by Nobody: 3:46am On Sep 21, 2014
not entered any of the stages yet... hoping to start real soon
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by MrTeymee(m): 7:01am On Sep 21, 2014
Stage 5
Re: The 5 Stages Of A Relationship. What Stage Are You In? by wizhaywhy(m): 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
B.H were smart didn't allow me 2 partake in any of the stages still among the #teamsingle. Bla bla bla bla

(1) (Reply)

Girls And The Silent Treatment/snubbing. / Check This Hilarious Valentine's Picture. / Her Boyfriend Impregnated Her Best Friend. Advice On What To Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.