Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. - Fashion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. (137687 Views)

Learn How To Make Ankara And Leather Bags And Be Your Own Boss In Just A Week / Where Can I Get Training On How To Make Ankara Shoes And Bags? / New Trends In Fashion: Ankara And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 9:46am On Sep 04, 2015
cupidsim:
Pls, can I use hand sewing machine to sew the bags?
yes u can, just make sure ure using a fabric or leather dat can sew well nd a soft board.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 9:51am On Sep 04, 2015
oyindamolaola:
@glamourprincez pls what re d materials u used for ur box bag. thanks
kari board, foam, gum, buckle, linning, in to in pin, eyelet if ure using chain, bag stand, fabric or leather, thick leather for handle. if ure using eyelets u'll need punch to make d holes
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Peddylove(f): 10:14am On Sep 04, 2015
Glamourprincezz:

kari board, foam, gum, buckle, linning, in to in pin, eyelet if ure using chain, bag stand, fabric or leather, thick leather for handle. if ure using eyelets u'll need punch to make d holes

Hello,
I'm new here, I want to get my materials. Could you please upload a pix of the punch? Also, is marco that soft black material used as shoe pad? Dies it perform the same function as the foam?
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 12:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
Peddylove:

Hello,
I'm new here, I want to get my materials. Could you please upload a pix of the punch? Also, is marco that soft black material used as shoe pad? Dies it perform the same function as the foam?
welcome dear, yes u can use soft maco instead of foam. pls chk d previous pages for pix of a punch.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 2:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
materials needed for dis bag: kariboard(do not use d hard one), foam, gum, leather, design, bag stands, tape rule, ruler n pen, lining fabric or tapheta, chip board or cardboad, bag zip or magnetic button(any one u prefer), cord for d handle, alteco glue, in to in pin and sewing machine(if u dont av a sewing machine u can just glue d bag)
like av said bfr, d first step in making any bag is determining ur sizes, d length u want ur bag to b nd d width. e.g i want a bag dats 10" long and 12" wide and base 5.
next is cutting of materials
a tote bag has 3parts which are d 2 sides and d base(bottom) so for a bag of length 10, u will need a board of 10×2+5=25 so u will cut out a kari board of length 25 by width 12(wideness). for d chip board, its always abt 1" smaller dan d kari board measurent(1" smaller on all sides) so cut dat out as well. cut ur fabric or leather wt 2" extra on all sides if ure not yet used to wrapping boards bt if u are use 1" to save material.
for d side piece, d length of d side piece shld b 1" smaller dan bag length bt for dis bag cos i want to use zip i took it down a bit by making it 2inch shorter.
remember d bag length is 10 so i want d side to b 8, am using dsame leather as linning of d sides nd i will need extra 2" to lay on dbase so i will need abt 20 " in length of fabric, d width of d side is d base measurement+1" on both sides. so dat gives us 20 by 7, cut out 2 of these.
for d bag handle, it depends on ur preference, do u want to b able to put d bag on ur shoulder or just to carry it on d hand. u can use any length u want nd width shld b arnd 2 or 2 n half.
zip flap, cut along strip of leather dat will b enuf for ur zip length, cut 2 and d with shld b abt 3".
cut a lining fabric dats enuf to wrap ur chip board, dats measurement of chip board + 1" on all sides. u can decide to u same leather or fabric as d lining if u av excess fabric.

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 2:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
this is d bag

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 8:10am On Sep 05, 2015
take ur kariboard and divide it into 10,5,10 use ruler tp get ur line straight and use ur ruler to bend d board to shape
apply gum on d back of ur board and gum ur foam on, trim off all excess.
put gum on 4 edges on d inside of d board, u can add lil gum to d foam too, b careful wt it if ure using fabric cos d gum myt stain d fabric.
wrap d board wt leather and make sure d edges are as neat as possible. stand d bag according to shape nd check if there is need for adjustments, make sure d gum holds bfr u continue.
chose where u want to b ur front nd place ur design on wherever u want it to b. know dat u are to punch holes tru d leather to make it stay well.
sew d handle strip wt ur sewing machine by folding d strip into 2 den tucking d rough edges in n sew dem down, check ur ready made bag to get wot am saying, insert d pipe(cord) u bought into d handle and fix d handle as u like on d bag, sew down wt sewing machine and place in to in pin or any fancy pin in d middle. wrap d chip board wt lining.
on d lining dat u wrapped, mark out 1n half inches down on both sides.
fold d side piece into 2 making it 10 by 7 and fold it again to u 3 n half by 10. press dis fold down to make it obvious, release d fold nd fold in d excess 2" on d bottom nd fold d ones u released again. slash d tips on both end. pls go to page 6 of dis thread to get pictoral illustration on how to fix d sides.

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 8:12am On Sep 05, 2015

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 8:16am On Sep 05, 2015
sew d flaps for d zip on both sides of d zip den sew d flap on to the lining nd leave it open, dont fasten d zip yet.
now apply gum on d inside of d bag d part where d side piece has been fixed nd fix d lining den fix d oda side nd fix d lining too.
fasten d zip nd leave a lil excess on and wrap d excess in leather and sew it as seen in ready made bags.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 8:41am On Sep 05, 2015
my former student (lamide)made dis wen she was learning, she dint av a sewing machine so she had to do hand sewing for d zip. i didnt even do dis bag to show her how, all i did was explain nd she nailed it. so i bliv u guyz will get it too.
observe d excess zip i told u to cover wt leather, she used zip stopper in hers.
also take note of d zip flap.

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
This is really cool...following
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Bootybuttchic(f): 7:56pm On Sep 14, 2015
Good bless you glamourprincess.....thank u for the teaching and inspiration,...
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by ayobola18(f): 8:20am On Sep 17, 2015
this is really gr8t tank so much for your effort God bless you glamourprincess
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by lahbordiz5(f): 10:54am On Sep 17, 2015
I'm in
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2015
uwc guyz. so lets upload pictures of wot we did o.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Punck4real(f): 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
Pls how can I put hole for eye let. Thanks for the great job
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Jezi(f): 1:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
Thanks. Here is my work

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 3:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
Punck4real:
Pls how can I put hole for eye let. Thanks for the great job
u av to buy a punch of dsame size wt ur eyelet to make d hole. i tink its arnd 8h or so
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 3:22pm On Sep 22, 2015
Jezi:
Thanks. Here is my work
well done dear, gud job.
i can see dat d lining is still a lil puffy, try to lay it smoothly nxt tym, u can iron d inside of d bag if need be.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Ladyo142: 11:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
Nice
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Ladyo142: 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
Plz am i welcome here? smiley
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Durojelife(m): 1:38am On Sep 23, 2015
Fashion Is Sure An Important aspect of human's life. And as you learn how to sew online; Get your Hot & Fashionable Bracelets, Wrist Watches from as low as N750 - N2,000 to compliment your design. Items are suitable for personal use, gift and reselling >> [url=konga.com/globallandmark]CLICK HERE NOW[/url]

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by BammyCreations: 11:02am On Sep 27, 2015
It's another edition of our FREE ankara craft training.
Come n learn how to make the following:
1.Clutch purse
2.Tote Bag
3.Phone pouch
4.slippers
5.sandals
6.wedge
7.heels
8.Earrings
9.Notebooks
10.Hairpiece
11.Bow tie
12.Flowers (rose n petals)
13.bows
AND SO MANY MORE

Date: October 2015.

Venue: Alagbado,Lagos

Time: 10am - 3pm

Registration form: #3,000

Fee: FREE

Note: you will be responsible for ur training materials

Contact us on:
Mobile/whatsapp no:07068834345
BB pin: 56935F6D
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by lizra09(f): 11:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
Glamourprincezz:
it seems nobody is trying there hand on this, mayb i shld just stop already.
I'm new here,hope to learn more from my seniors in d house
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Immaangel(f): 8:56am On Sep 28, 2015
can I get a video of this on whatsapp pls
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 28, 2015
Wow... Just stumbled on this thread and it's amazing. I learnt Ankara bag making last month for two weeks.
Glamourprincezz, thumps up
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by cigwegbe(m): 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
The Cece Line Debuts Their Collection. See the latest pics on the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/2626552/cece-line-debuts-collection#38409887

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by koppa(m): 7:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
Glamourprincezz good evening Ma,stumbled upon this thread today,viewed from page 0 to 12,you've done so much,the time sacrifice among other...well done ma

Do you do guys stuffs also?
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by fkwangwa: 11:51am On Oct 16, 2015
Where can I get a step by step guide on how to make Ankara shoes and bags
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Zainab1997: 2:01am On Oct 17, 2015
Pls my fellow ppl, I noticed Dat wenever I use leather d edge myt not gum well, if I don't wanna sow d edge pls wch gum can I use further.... Super glue or uhu gum Wch one last longer
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by BammyCreations: 9:02pm On Oct 26, 2015
Zainab1997:
Pls my fellow ppl, I noticed Dat wenever I use leather d edge myt not gum well, if I don't wanna sow d edge pls wch gum can I use further.... Super glue or uhu gum Wch one last longer
Super glue will make it firm...so use super.glue
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by geebehn(m): 9:08am On Oct 27, 2015
I just came across this thread and mere going through some pages, I must say you guys are doing a great job here.
In case you'll love to make use of batik fabric instead of Ankara , kindly contact me. Thanks and following..........

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo / Want Hair Growth? Use Weed: ! / Darkening Of The Lips - Causes & Remedies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.