Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. (137638 Views)

Learn How To Make Ankara And Leather Bags And Be Your Own Boss In Just A Week / Where Can I Get Training On How To Make Ankara Shoes And Bags? / New Trends In Fashion: Ankara And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 9:37am On Oct 17, 2014

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:03am On Oct 17, 2014
finally d pictures upload, so lemme explain each one.
d first pix is d 6 by d length of ur purse (6) multiplied by 2. its only d length dat will b multiplied by 2 o. so d pix shows my 6"width nd 12" in length.
pix 2 is showing d fold process, remember i said we are multiplying d length because we are using dsame material to line d side.
pix 3 is showing d fold, and now u will av ur real measurement which is 6" wide and 6" in length.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:06am On Oct 17, 2014
now in pix 4 u will fold again to d side as shown in d pix.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:11am On Oct 17, 2014
so

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
mark out 2" on both sides n fold d excess.
hold ur fold wt a clip or peg
measure d side of ur purse(the place u wanna fix d side piece on) woteva u get, mark it out on ur folded fabric just as shown in d pix
d next pix shows d cutting process, u will cut in a way dat d folded end will b shorter. c d last pix i uploaded for d shape
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by ify11: 9:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
My problem so far is the side. Please shed more light on that. Thanks
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Uniqueoly: 1:23am On Oct 22, 2014
You are really doing a wonderful job here. May God continue to bless u. Hope I am not too late. Will get my materials by tomorrow.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Damiewonder(f): 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2014
Pls shed more light on d fabric aspect...where we added 2 on both sides...n hw I will go abt it....tnx
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 2:24pm On Oct 24, 2014
Damiewonder:
Pls shed more light on d fabric aspect...where we added 2 on both sides...n hw I will go abt it....tnx
try and read again carefully or try writing d process out. its d 2" u add dat will b used to wrap around d board on both sides.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
ify11:
My problem so far is the side. Please shed more light on that. Thanks

am trying to do just dat, l will upload d remaining pix soon.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
Hello house, this thread as become so dry dat i dont feel encourage to post. pls lets bring bak to life
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Ahmeen: 7:29am On Oct 26, 2014
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Xynthialuvy(f): 12:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
Glamourprincezz:
Hello house, this thread as become so dry dat i dont feel encourage to post. pls lets bring bak to life

Pls don't stop.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by nellywaz: 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
Please don't stop
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
am not stoping, av just been so busy lately plus my network is crappy too. i'll get bak to work as soon as i can.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Uniqueoly: 2:53pm On Oct 27, 2014
Please dear, don't be discouraged. We will start uploading our works from now.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Uniqueoly: 3:00pm On Oct 27, 2014
Here's what I have being able to come up with, from ur teaching so far. Though I'm still having problem with fixing d side

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 5:46am On Oct 28, 2014
Uniqueoly:
Here's what I have being able to come up with, from ur teaching so far. Though I'm still having problem with fixing d side

nice work dear, dont worry u'll get d side fixing wt time
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 6:08am On Oct 28, 2014
so here are the remaining pictures for d side

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 6:13am On Oct 28, 2014
more pictures

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 6:45am On Oct 28, 2014
lemme try n explain d side again now dat we av pictures to elp us. firs thing is to cut a fabric of d length of ur purse ×2 and a width of 6. e.g if ur purse length is 5 u will mark out.10 in length(5×2) and width will b 6.
ure goin to av 2 pieces of dis cos we av two sides to a purse. if ure using fabric u myt need to add collar stay so dat d side will hold.
now fold d fabric into two, such dat it will bcome a piece of 5 by 6 wc is ur original length ( see dis in pix 2)
next step is to fold again bt now we are folding to d side equally. now u will av 5 by 3 (see pix 3) then mark ou 2" out of d 3 in width den fold d remaining inch in. do dis on both sides nd hold it down wt a peg.
now fold ur board into ur purse n measure d length of d space to b occupied by ur side pix (it should b smaller dan ur length of purse so lets say its 4", mark it out on d length and dats where u will make ur cut.
u are to cut in a slant form(see d last pix i uploaded bfr d new ones)
wot u get after cuttin shld look like d first pix in d new set of pix. start sewing from d edge as shown in d second pix, u can either use a sewing machine or just needle n thread as shown in d pix. after sewing apply gum to d flaps nd drop d side piece for a bit (bfr i forget, hop uno u will av two of wot i just explained) now apply gum on d inside of ur folded purse bt dont put on the side where u are to fix ur side pieces. gum ur lining to d board, after dis, put gum on d edges too but dont let d linning glue to it. pick up ur side piece nd start fixing from d bottom, d pointed end will face inside, hold d bottom u fixed in place wt a peg den go on to glue d sides on( see d last two pictures)hold wt peg till ure sure its dry nd holds well den apply gum to d inner edges n seal it up. then u av ur purse.
if u want to fix a chain in it, open d lining at d poin where u normal c chain in purses, punch a hole there and fix in a chain holder, hit wt hammer to make it hold, do same for d oda side n seal back ur flap. fix d chain on d chain holder nd ure done wt ur self made purse.
Dont forget to appreciate ur work

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by mariposa01: 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
You're doing a good job. I need to sit down and follow these instructions. Please is there another name for the kariboard, am not in Nigeria and also how hard is it. Thanks
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2014
mariposa01:
You're doing a good job. I need to sit down and follow these instructions. Please is there another name for the kariboard, am not in Nigeria and also how hard is it. Thanks
tnx dear. i av no idea if it has anoda name, you can look for any other board dats hard enuf nd can fold well
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by lolobukkie(f): 6:23am On Nov 01, 2014
Great job glamour, I will try d sides again nw
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Colemaxgrl: 5:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
ARE U VERY GOOD IN SINGING, MODELLING, COMEDY, AND DANCING? DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A SUPER STAR?
COME SPLASH OUT THE CHARISMA AND TALENTS IN YOU AT THE SPLASH ENTERTAINMENT AUDITIONS FOR ARTISTES, MODELS, COMEDIANS, AND DANCERS. N200,000 CASH PRIZES + MULTI-CHOICE MAGAZINE PROMOTIONS FOR ONE YEAR.

FOR MORE DETAILS, ADVERT, AND SPONSORSHIPS, PLEASE CALL: +234-8030445364, +234-8181241546.
Email: info.saintdegocomm@gmail.com.