Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. (137684 Views)

Learn How To Make Ankara And Leather Bags And Be Your Own Boss In Just A Week / Where Can I Get Training On How To Make Ankara Shoes And Bags? / New Trends In Fashion: Ankara And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:42pm On Feb 24, 2015
Cutting of fabric:
Since d board size is 20×9, we will need enuf fabric to cover up d board. Normally i add 1" on all sides, so am cutting my fabric wt 22 in length and 11 in width. U myt want to use 2 on all sides as a starter tho, to avoid mistakes.

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:52pm On Feb 24, 2015
Side piece
Normally d width of side fabric is 6"so dat by d tym u fix d side it will reduce and dis will b enuf to hold d tinz u kip in d purse from falling off. For d length u will need twice d measurement of ur side length u took. Mine is 6. So 6×2=12. So each piece will be 6" wide nd 12"long, cut two of dis measurement.

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2015
Now apply gum on the edge of ur board,leave to dry for abt a minute and wrap ur fabric around d board.use pegs to hold d fabric in place, wrap nicely leaving no wrinkles on ur purse,fold bak into purse shape and see if it stays well. if its ok by u, mark out where ur magnetic button will b on d purse(c d picture for d side ure fixing first.

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 11:07pm On Feb 24, 2015

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 12:14am On Feb 25, 2015
cut a chip board d shape n size of ur board and reduce it wt half inch,cut a linning fabric and wrap like u did for d board.
apply gum to d inside of d wrapped board bt leave out d edges,leave to dry for a bit den fix d wrap chip board on it(inside facing)

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 9:52am On Feb 25, 2015
Now to d part dat have been askd to teach ova and ova again. Pls follow this steps nd use d pictures as guide,if wot ure doin does not look like wots in d pics,just try again till its ryt. Thanks

Take d side pieces u already cut,i like to make it a lil bit strong too so i use chip board or d normal paper-like stay. Iron on ur stay on the 12×6 fabric piece, then fold it down in such a way dat u will have a 6 by 6 den fold again to d side,this way u will have a 6 by 3 piece. Take ure tape nd measure out 2 out of ur 3"width and fold in d remaining 1"(d pictures will explain beta,i did dis place twice to make it clearer) hold in in place by ironing den hold wt peg. Now if u look at d sides well u will c dat we cant fix d side piece on the entire side,the upper part must b open. So we will reduce d by one inch. So measure out 5 out of ur 6 length and cut in d shape(c shape in pix). The side dats open will b longer dan d side wt the fold. Now u will sew d tip starting from the open part to d fold, u can use hand needle or sewing machine, do all dis for ur other side piece too.
Fixing:
Apply gum on the edge of ur purse and on d tip of d side piece too,leave to dry for a while , fix d side piece on d center bottom first and use peg to hold it in place(d sharp edge will b facing inside) then walk ur way up to d side without flap den go on to d side with flap. Do d second side as well and let it dry.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:00am On Feb 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
I will upload my work very soon
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 5:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
remaining pix

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 5:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
seal d inside and ur purse is ready.

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 5:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
and dis is how ur purse shld look

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by princesssusan(f): 5:39pm On Feb 26, 2015
Tnx ma‘am n God bless u plentiful
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:42pm On Feb 26, 2015
Vibra:
I will upload my work very soon
am looking forward to seeing it.
princesssusan:
Tnx ma‘am n God bless u plentiful
ure welcome,God bless u too
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:47pm On Feb 26, 2015
sorry i forgot to add. plus fix d oda side of ur magnetic button on d chip board and add little kari board at d back to make it strong. u call also fix it after sealing d purse bt u av to b extremely careful not to pierce tru d fabric.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by tunbebes(f): 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
Glamourprincezz:
Tanx so much for the effort. I can make d purse well. My only challenge is d syd cos I'm used to tracing out d syd and cutting it out to fix on d purse. Tanx for this detailed example. I want to share a pix of d syd with a chip board to confirm if I'm on track.

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 11:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
tunbebes:
Tanx so much for the effort. I can make d purse well. My only challenge is d syd cos I'm used to tracing out d syd and cutting it out to fix on d purse. Tanx for this detailed example. I want to share a pix of d syd with a chip board to confirm if I'm on track.
Ure welcome,am glad ure trying it out, d piece in ur pix is not correct,u need to reshape d centerfold,its not meant to b d same wt d oda side. if u av any question pls feel free to ask.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 01, 2015
Still have problems with the fixing

1 Share

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by tunbebes(f): 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
Glamourprincezz:

Ure welcome,am glad ure trying it out, d piece in ur pix is not correct,u need to reshape d centerfold,its not meant to b d same wt d oda side. if u av any question pls feel free to ask.

Tanx a bunch. I will try again and share the pix.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
Vibra:
Still have problems with the fixing

which fixing exactly
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
Glamourprincezz:

which fixing exactly
the sides
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
a good friend of mine referred me to this thread, I love it so much here, may Jehovah bless the works of your hands.
I will post my works as soon as I make them.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 1:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
hey fams! i just realised i skipd a pics on d side part, no wonder its confusing to u guyz. am so sorry. dis is how to cut d shape of d side. remember,after measuring ur 2"nd folding d excess down, u av to reduce d length of d side piece by 1" nd cut in d shape of d pix i'll post. sorry for d confusion once again. @vibra(hop am correct), i dis is wot am talkin abt, how d piece shld look.

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Ekaok(f): 8:09pm On Mar 02, 2015
Wow! Am happy to have discovered this thread. Am already into Ankara craft but still learning new things here. God bless the initiator.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 7:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
Thebeadslady:
a good friend of mine referred me to this thread, I love it so much here, may Jehovah bless the works of your hands.
I will post my works as soon as I make them.
ure welcom av also learnt frm u on d bead making thread,jah bless u too ma'am
Ekaok:
Wow! Am happy to have discovered this thread. Am already into Ankara craft but still learning new things here. God bless the initiator.
amen and u too.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
@ Glamourprincess, amen.
pls are you a Jehovah's witness?
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 9:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
Thebeadslady:
@ Glamourprincess, amen.
pls are you a Jehovah's witness?
No, i figured u are hence my reply.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
Glamourprincezz:

No, i figured u are hence my reply.
okay ma'am, I will soon ask my questions
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by inestimable(f): 10:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
Here is mine, hope I got it. Also how do I remove glue stain from my fabric cos d glue came out on d oda side of d fabric

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by world(f): 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2015
Can't upload my work. Don't knw why! Will keeep trying anyway.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:28pm On Mar 09, 2015
inestimable:
Here is mine, hope I got it. Also how do I remove glue stain from my fabric cos d glue came out on d oda side of d fabric
yes u got it ryt. nice work. u shld b careful wt d glue next tym. try using little kerosene on a rag to clean it.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
world:
Can't upload my work. Don't knw why! Will keeep trying anyway.
you can try to reduce d size too, mayb it will upload.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 17, 2015
Can we proceed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo / Want Hair Growth? Use Weed: ! / Darkening Of The Lips - Causes & Remedies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.