Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,787 members, 7,806,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently (1902 Views)

Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins / 7 Things That Make You Look Like A Cheater(even If You Are Not) / What's So Special About Twins??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by Skyblings(m): 9:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
1. Identical twins do not have identical fingerprints.

Although twins share the same DNA, they do not share the same fingerprints. Fingerprints form between the sixth and thirteenth week of pregnancy. By that time, the twins have already separated and unique ridges are being created on their fingers.

2. Massachusetts has the highest rate of twins in the country.

4.5 out of every 100 live births in Massachusetts are twins, the highest rate in the country.

3. Twins interact with each other in the womb.

Research found that at 14 weeks, twins were seen reaching for each other. At 18 weeks, they touched each other more than they touched themselves.

4. Some twins make up their own language.

Twins use each other to communicate and develop speech patterns in the absence of an adult. It’s their way of practicing, because they’re around each other a lot of the time. Sadly this secret language disappears when they learn a real language.

5. Twins can have different dads.

Multiple fathers can happen if a woman releases two eggs instead of one, and has sex with two different men during a five day period. Sperm can live in the reproductive tract for that long, thus resulting in the possibility of twins having two fathers.
VISIT : http://skyblings-entertainment..com

Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
Woah...number 5....scary...
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
I knew all except 2 undecided
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by pweedyuz(f): 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
twins from different dads

now dis is "wow"
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by polz(m): 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
I knew none_ xcept all undecided
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
Lemme book b4 I read tongue
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by Harmvirus(f): 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2014
Interesting..No 5 though
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
I know all except no 2...
I really don't like twins,they are stressful to maintain, I know how one be for body...let alone two @once.
...but I wanna have them so that I can just wrap it up...I don't wanna influence it either...if it comes naturally Voila, if not... lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by cococandy(f): 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
Number 5 is da bomb. shocked shocked
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by spanzed(m): 10:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
Interesting but no5 is fasinating
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by priscaoge(f): 10:56pm On Sep 20, 2014

5. Twins can have different dads.

Multiple fathers can happen if a woman releases two eggs instead of one, and has sex with two different men during a five day period. Sperm can live in the reproductive tract for that long, thus resulting in the possibility of twins having two fathers.

For real?shockedshockedshockedshocked

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by jnrbayano(m): 11:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
I have twins all around me...
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
priscaoge:

For real?shockedshockedshockedshocked
ehnehnnn...for joke undecided
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by Danhumprey: 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
That number 5 just scared the shìt out of me!

Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
grin

Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by priscaoge(f): 11:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
ehnehnnn...for joke undecided
cheesycheesycheesy Sweeri am still shocked mbokcheesy, Am just wondering how that's possible. I haven't heard of that before my dear!

U've been scarce these days,hope u are strong?
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by priscaoge(f): 11:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
Danhumprey: That number 5 just scared the shìt out of me!
U are not alone on that ooocheesycheesy
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
priscaoge:
cheesycheesycheesy Sweeri am still shocked mbokcheesy, Am just wondering how that's possible. I haven't heard of that before my dear!

U've been scarce these days,hope u are strong?
hahahaha, I get belle...e be like na twins...lol...so my waist dey pain me grin
#justkidding# wink

I have read it somewhere, I stumbled on one site that is on Medical Wonders, that's where I saw it. That's actually how twins happen, so I didn't find it so surprising that different fathers could be responsible.

I just keep wondering - would they be identical...if they are not...would they look like the different fathers? #confused#

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
wao! Never knew about no 5.
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by priscaoge(f): 11:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
hahahaha, I get belle...e be like na twins...lol...so my waist dey pain me grin
#justkidding# wink

I have read it somewhere, I stumbled on one site that is on Medical Wonders, that's where I saw it. That's actually how twins happen, so I didn't find it so surprising that different fathers could be responsible.

I just keep wondering - if they would be identical...if they are not...would they look like the different fathers? #confused#
Lol..My dear haven't heard of that before..Maybe that's Y some twins don't look alike @allgringrin. They will share d resemblance naaaa,to ur tent oh Israelgrin
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by OnyeEgo1(m): 1:07am On Sep 21, 2014
priscaoge:
Lol..My dear haven't heard of that before..Maybe that's Y some twins don't look alike @allgringrin. They will share d resemblance naaaa,to ur tent oh Israelgrin

no no u are getting it wrong.... Dia is possibility of twins being unidentical expecially when dey lie opposite each other in the womb, wen dey lie face each oda dey are identical.... I am an identical twin so i know wot am sayingcheesy
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by AfricanApple(f): 2:34am On Sep 21, 2014
twins can be so sweet

I know of one an identical twins who are different in everything I mean everything. only their physical looks shows they are twins

but wait o, this no.5 sha
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by Sammyblaq(m): 7:47am On Sep 21, 2014
hia! @no5...at a time i no believe am but if en come happen who come collect blame¿.
Love twins of both genders...
Advice: no seperate twins fighting or them go join hands fight u. I see U surpise.
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 21, 2014
Telepathy.. Twins are bloody good @ this. Wish i had a twin
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by priscaoge(f): 9:49am On Sep 21, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

no no u are getting it wrong.... Dia is possibility of twins being unidentical expecially when dey lie opposite each other in the womb, wen dey lie face each oda dey are identical.... I am an identical twin so i know wot am sayingcheesy
Nah was just Kiddingcheesycheesycheesy
Re: 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 21, 2014
That number 5 na wa ooo !!!

Tooo, if ur wife born twins na to confirm whether truetrue na u get am 4 d two Chai Only God knows how many papa get one pikin among twins !!

(1) (Reply)

? / Get Your English Plain And Pattern @ 1500 / Help! My Pastor's Wife Seems To Have More Influence On My Wife Than I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.