Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less - Romance (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less (34936 Views)

Things Ladies Should Stop Doing If They Don't Have Plans For A Guy / 21 Lies Nigerian Ladies And Guys tell One Another / Funny But True: 20 Commandments Ladies Should Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by adegwurulez(m): 11:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
4C2215131:

Post like yours make me BELIEVE in the intelligence of certain Nigerians. Such objectivity and on-point analysis. Keep it up man.
thanks mate.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 50calibre(m): 11:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
shymexx:

Loooool. So, while other upstanding women having character traits that are somewhat permeable like the semi-permeable membrane in a cell, and they embrace deep-rooted changes to create a balance - naij women mask their rigidity and impermeability with superficial nonsense and crassness, no? - incredible! I now see why everything they say or do defies logic! A lot of them are also unintelligent, and they exist in their own world lol. I guess that's why these airheads are chasing feminism everywhere now for hope lol.

Something has to be done about those genes to save future generations!

Anyway, all the other teams haven't peaked yet, and if Chelsea can take advantage of their slip-ups, and avoid the Nov/Dec curse - we should be about 17 points up by Jan.

Looool I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done about it, we just have to live with it. Tgis is why it's necessary for fathers to train their daughters from childhood, suppress that loud idiotic mentality they inherited from their Nigerian mothers & instill real lady like qualities in them but Nigerian women just won't allow fathers breathing space. May God help!!

Well thats not going to happen, by Nov/Dec, Chelsea won't lead by more than 10 points (that's if they're still on top) many teams are still finding their form & soon most will be back to good fighting shape especially Man U.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by adegwurulez(m): 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
Jemimahsummers: So, a lady isn't fulfilled if she won't get married? What Africans need to understand is that marriage and procreation isn't for evri1. It's every individual's decision to make. And who told you marriage is a requirement for happiness?
when the marriage institution was created, it was created for all so i dont understand what you mean by marriage and procreation isnt for everyone. You can be happy without marriage but fufilled? I dont think so. How can you be fufilled when a part of you is missing?
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by adegwurulez(m): 11:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
neoapocalypse:

This was what the other thread was about , she didn't see it then , I doubt she'll see this as well
too bad then.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Ishilove: 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
*sigh*

One gets tired of all these marriage arguments. It wearies the soul. sad

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 4C2215131: 11:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
adegwurulez: thanks mate.

You welcome man. Just hoping your getting well rewarded for your efforts as a chap that can reason like you've done, pulls his weight or should be at work and in the other affairs of life.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by charles316: 11:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
Jemimahsummers: Is there such thing as a slack puny?
Is that what u naija girls tell yourselves. Slacked punn1es plenty for naija. Why wouldn't there be? Money for ground. . . .
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 50calibre(m): 11:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
Jemimahsummers: Hot cakes! How, how? Tell me, tell me. Up Nairaland!

How? ? ? ? You're asking how? Isn't it obvious and you trying to deny?

Every woman of every race wants to be with a Nigerian guy, even the ones who say they don't are lying and secretly admire Nigerian men.

If you observe on NL, you'd see there are females of various races & nationalities on here, have you asked yourself what's bringing them to a Nigerian forum? Of course it's Nigerian men, most are either married to or dating a Nigerian man & take it serious enough to take an interest in Nigerian culture

Don't delude yourself, Nigerian men settle.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Odunharry(m): 11:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
100Cents:

My brother, you just killed it.

You will see a lady, she will fall flat in love for you. you see another similar one, the same height, the same level of education, the same skin color, no difference, she will be acting Sharon stone.

Those self important ones will never find a man decent enough to be their husband, always looking for flaws to discredit the next guy, but she has siphoned his pocket by then.

One of their usual lines is, "you need to make me happy enough to show you how good I am". So my money needs to make you happy enough ? I pity gullible men.

Or you hear, " I don't want to marry and start suffering ". Okay, so marriage is suffering ? Now tell me how will she see anything good in a man if his pocket is not overloaded ?

See their usual whatsapp status, " Do not lower your standards ", which standards Abeg when you cannot feed well ? " If he walks out of your life, call him back and give him transport fare to make it faster ". showing a use and dump attitude and lack of human feeling. " It is better to cry inside a Mercedes than inside a keke napep ".. Her father has no motorcycle o.

See as thunder go fire her head..
i wan deposit 5k 4 u
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 1one: 12:01am On Sep 22, 2014
Been reading from Page(s) 1-16.

grin grin grin

Nairalanders... "Best Crop of people on Earth"

grin grin grin
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 22, 2014
safarigirl: A man who is confident in himself does not need to ridicule a woman to make his point. Rather he sees women as a challenge, he makes the effort to be good enough for that independent woman. .
A man who is confident does what he wants because he wants to. He does not do things to feel confident, he's already confident so he acts in his capacity as a custodian and propagator of confidence.

Only men lacking in confidence see women as a challenge. Women are easy pickings for confident men. By the way, what kind of challenge are women exactly? Does this challenge end in monetary rewards(proper challenge for a man) of any kind? Does the 'women challenge' further his vision in a ny way. Babe please, let us know when you're joking and when you're serious. I'd like to believe you were joking when you made the above quote?

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by logica(m): 1:19am On Sep 22, 2014
DailyNews:
Genevieve Nnaji: definitely the fact that she has had a baby before and then rose to fame worries many men who would want to settle with her. And remember her Atiku Abubakar scandal back then she was coming up That news still rings bell in many guys eyes n many reputable Nigerian mothers wouldn't want their son to marry a lady like Genevieve Nnaji....so she has to settle for the available ones dying for her if she wants to marry.
Funny enough this very much applies to this thread. I know people who had known her back in the early 2000's which was when she should've likely attracted men more but they wrote her off because she just wasn't "up to their standards". Unfortunately for her, she was trying to mix up with the "higher class" of men who thought very lowly of her. I remember one dude said she was introduced by Oluchi of "Face of Africa" fame. Of course he's well to do. Those were the kind of crowd she wanted to mix with. But he said her face was just covered with pimples. Ha ha. I guess fickle people get the exact same measure of fickleness.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 2Awesome: 2:03am On Sep 22, 2014
well madam some of your points laid great emphasis on physical appearance how tall ?, how fit? what happens to how intelligent, how smart, his core values. My point is the battle between the content versus the container, only a fool buys a bottle of coke because of its container.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 4:15am On Sep 22, 2014
50calibre:

Looool I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done about it, we just have to live with it. Tgis is why it's necessary for fathers to train their daughters from childhood, suppress that loud idiotic mentality they inherited from their Nigerian mothers & instill real lady like qualities in them but Nigerian women just won't allow fathers breathing space. May God help!!

Well thats not going to happen, by Nov/Dec, Chelsea won't lead by more than 10 points (that's if they're still on top) many teams are still finding their form & soon most will be back to good fighting shape especially Man U.

Bwahahahahaha - you judged these women like it's the judgement day, with the book of life and death. grin

They need to change - the village mentality is nauseating. coupled with their inability to stimulate men intelligently, apart from spouting emotional tripe, or being needy. Hopefully, a few lives would be touched by this thread, so they can become good women for guys who still care about them. For us: the ship has sailed - forward ever and backward never!

With Chelsea, if Costa can stay in form, without the Nov/Dec slump - we should be able to create a massive gap by January. Others should keep dropping points for now...and a lot of those mid-table and lower teams are actually playing well, apart from QPR.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by charles316: 6:32am On Sep 22, 2014
Subom1: Lol. Why you getting so upset? I used them as a figure of speech. I already have a man so I don't need to try any other. What do you even have to offer?

What i can offer is better than what your miscreant aka boyfriend could. You think everyone is a lowlife like him?
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Sehindemi(f): 6:39am On Sep 22, 2014
100Cents:

My brother, you just killed it.

You will see a lady, she will fall flat in love for you. you see another similar one, the same height, the same level of education, the same skin color, no difference, she will be acting Sharon stone.

Those self important ones will never find a man decent enough to be their husband, always looking for flaws to discredit the next guy, but she has siphoned his pocket by then.

One of their usual lines is, "you need to make me happy enough to show you how good I am". So my money needs to make you happy enough ? I pity gullible men.

Or you hear, " I don't want to marry and start suffering ". Okay, so marriage is suffering ? Now tell me how will she see anything good in a man if his pocket is not overloaded ?

See their usual whatsapp status, " Do not lower your standards ", which standards Abeg when you cannot feed well ? " If he walks out of your life, call him back and give him transport fare to make it faster ". showing a use and dump attitude and lack of human feeling. " It is better to cry inside a Mercedes than inside a keke napep ".. Her father has no motorcycle o.

See as thunder go fire her head..
shocked
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 22, 2014
Kachisbarbie: The lady never said we should settle for less - I guess y'all misunderstood her...she meant, we shouldn't be blinded by physical looks, sometimes marriage goes beyond the physique...just marry someone you wanna wake up to everyday (and vice-versa)...that's just it
-Never settle for less - always settle for the best, but then we can't satisfactorily define less/best...no single human out there is less

...and please this cliché of 'ladies being in loveless marriages' as a point is fast becoming boring/stereotyped.

I think the problem we have these days arises from poor comprehension...the lady used words like- Obsessed, Most...she wasn't in anyway speaking in an affirmative, even though her points came out harsh...It's all about choice - If you wanna wait for yo Lamar - Voila...don't forget that Lamar has his own 'required requirements' - I hope you meet them too.
That your 'Lamar' might be some other ladys' 'Kevin Hart'

... why is there so much pressure/focus on the female folks and their choices in life?...I just don't gerrit
-they say 'marriage' is overhyped, yet it is one topic that gets so much attention...let it slide pls

P.S : The fact that you called her post 'stupeed' is unprofessional and...I don't know what else to call it... undecided...we can't all be of the same school of thought - respect her own reasoning.
-If you have to counter her, go back to her post, read/understand it properly...then counter her.

how exactly, would you come online and call someones' husband a PLAN-B (What's even wrong in a PLAN-B, What's a Plan without PLAN-B?...nne sometimes PLAN-B done sure pass @ one pt in our lives), and an available that became desirable??
Jeez...I know this is a forum, but before you 'submit'...take a moment to review your choice of words...Thanks
I wish I had you as my English teacher in secondary school. Very intelligent write-up.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Subom1(f): 6:46am On Sep 22, 2014
charles316:

What i can offer is better than what your miscreant aka boyfriend could. You think everyone is a lowlife like him?
firstly I have a damn good job and make my own money so it's not about that. lol the man you are calling a miscreant is a qualified medical doctor so watch yourself. He is an educated, liberal and wonderful man and I could not ask for a better man. The fact that he has a lot going for him is jut a bonus.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by charles316: 7:20am On Sep 22, 2014
Subom1: firstly I have a damn good job and make my own money so it's not about that. lol the man you are calling a miscreant is a qualified medical doctor so watch yourself. He is an educated, liberal and wonderful man and I could not ask for a better man. The fact that he has a lot going for him is jut a bonus.

Good for u. Be happy and stop pitching tent with these frustrated hungry girls here.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 22, 2014
Toks2008:

Its quite disheartening that your response shows the nature of a lady who lacks decorum when it comes to making intelligent post and i honestly see no reason for your adrenaline type of response.

Any lady with a moderate IQ will understand my standview and if needs be,will respond in a responsible,humble and ln a decent manner.

is all of this testosterone because i said people in your generation? cheesy kpele its not my fault, you are not as young as you would want people to make you feel grin

P.S. If u rude to me i can only give u a response equally as rude. Respect and politeness can only be given to those who deserve it.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by SMALLPENIS(f): 7:33am On Sep 22, 2014
safarigirl: oh, smallpenis and Mr.c0rk are far more intelligent than Naija women.

I mean, men like Benson Okonkwo are outstanding in intelligence. I guess Naija is so utterly f?cked cuz intelligent men like GEJ are running things.

Whoever put naija men and intelligence in the same sentence apprently lacks intelligence grin

Thanks for the compliment smiley grin

#TAN angry ,if not that I dont insult ladies....

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by SMALLPENIS(f): 7:35am On Sep 22, 2014
Women Wrappers all over this thread angry
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Toks2008(m): 7:51am On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets:

is all of this testosterone because i said people in your generation? cheesy kpele its not my fault, you are not as young as you would want people to make you feel grin

P.S. If u rude to me i can only give u a response equally as rude. Respect and politeness can only be given to those who deserve it.

Testotewat? Nah, i am quite matured to understand you are a young lady full of life and needs lots of lesson to learn, I don't know how old you are but as a man of my age, i can only advice you to always take a chill pill and relax and also learn to articulate your points to a man in a very serene manner else no man would really want to be with a woman who likes to be confrontational.Its a turn off trust me. Did you copy that? you can make your stand-view known and always pass your message in a subtle,humble and respectful manner and not confrontational,NO MAN LIKES TO BE CONFRONTED.

My 50 cents though.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2014
Toks2008:

Testotewat? Nah, i am quite matured to understand you are a young lady full of life and needs lots of lesson to learn, I don't know how old you are but as a man of my age, i can only advice you to always take a chill pill and relax and also learn to articulate your points to a man in a very serene manner else no man would really want to be with a woman who likes to be confrontational.Its a turn off trust me. Did you copy that? you can make your stand-view known and always pass your message in a subtle,humble and respectful manner and not confrontational,NO MAN LIKES TO BE CONFRONTED.

My 50 cents though.
if u dont like being "confronted" how about you learn a little about being a decent and respectful man yourself smiley wise people usually take their own advice to people too
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 100Cents: 7:58am On Sep 22, 2014
Odunharry:
i wan deposit 5k 4 u

Yes sir, the money will be used for my ministry..
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 50calibre(m): 8:19am On Sep 22, 2014
shymexx:

Bwahahahahaha - you judged these women like it's the judgement day, with the book of life and death. grin

They need to change - the village mentality is nauseating. coupled with their inability to stimulate men intelligently, apart from spouting emotional tripe, or being needy. Hopefully, a few lives would be touched by this thread, so they can become good women for guys who still care about them. For us: the ship has sailed - forward ever and backward never!

With Chelsea, if Costa can stay in form, without the Nov/Dec slump - we should be able to create a massive gap by January. Others should keep dropping points for now...and a lot of those mid-table and lower teams are actually playing well, apart from QPR.

Hahahaha when ever I come accross delusional threads like this one, I never fail to bring in a touch of reality into it, even it means expressing extreme opinions at times. It may ruffle a few feelings but in the end, it will be of help to many.

We say things most guys on NL actually feel but are too scared to say. We're like the dirty cops, we do the dirty jobs for the good cops to stay clean, grin

Well Costa's fitness levels has recently been called into question by Mourinho. Costa currently enjoys a scoring form but expect fatigue or injuries to set it sooner or later.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by mafimiseleya: 8:47am On Sep 22, 2014
(RANDOM THOUGHTS AND QUESTIONS)
Dangote's son cheated on me and you say I should break up? Don't
you know that Love is all about forgiveness.
Beloved brothers in the Lord, if your girlfriend can finish 5 loafs of
bread and 2 fishes; you are dating 5000 people.
How can a pastor be preaching about charity and put a password on
Church WIFI?
A boy I beat up back then in primary school is now in the US Army.
He poses with guns on Facebook, and looks like he hasn't forgotten.
When you are kissing your girlfriend and you see the person owing
you money, what will you do?
One stone is enough to break a glass, one word is enough to break a
heart, one second is enough to fall in love BUT Why is one chapter
not enough to pass exams?
When you see a Nigerian couple outside staring at the moon, It's
either NEPA (Nigeria's Electricity company) took the light or they are
waiting for the smell of the insecticide to subside.
I just saw a Tricycle (Keke Napep) with an inscription "Trust No
woman" I have a feeling that guy once had a range rover.
If you want to change the world, do it now that you are still single,
because when you get married, you can't even change the T.V
station.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Toks2008(m): 9:08am On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: if u dont like being "confronted" [b]how about you learn a little about being a decent and respectful man yourself smiley [/b]wise people usually take their own advice to people too

If i really ask you this minute to show all nairalanders your rationale behind the bold texts,would you be willing to oblige?

Young lady,i sense you still need to learn some decorum cos i really dont know why you are giving me unwarranted criticisms.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 22, 2014
Toks2008:

If i really ask you this minute to show all nairalanders your rationale behind the bold texts,would you be willing to oblige?

Young lady,i sense you still need to learn some decorum cos i really dont know why you are giving me unwarranted criticisms.
well then don't criticize my behavior if u don't want to be struck by the same rod. Do yourself a favour and respect yourself, don't come here forming shakara and expect me to show u respect u dont deserve. Thank you. Act like an assss then definitely expect to be treated like one.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Toks2008(m): 9:12am On Sep 22, 2014
mafimiseleya: (RANDOM THOUGHTS AND QUESTIONS)
Dangote's son cheated on me and you say I should break up? Don't
you know that Love is all about forgiveness.
Beloved brothers in the Lord, if your girlfriend can finish 5 loafs of
bread and 2 fishes; you are dating 5000 people.
How can a pastor be preaching about charity and put a password on
Church WIFI?
A boy I beat up back then in primary school is now in the US Army.
He poses with guns on Facebook, and looks like he hasn't forgotten.
When you are kissing your girlfriend and you see the person owing
you money, what will you do?
One stone is enough to break a glass, one word is enough to break a
heart, one second is enough to fall in love BUT Why is one chapter
not enough to pass exams?
When you see a Nigerian couple outside staring at the moon, It's
either NEPA (Nigeria's Electricity company) took the light or they are
waiting for the smell of the insecticide to subside.
I just saw a Tricycle (Keke Napep) with an inscription "Trust No
woman" I have a feeling that guy once had a range rover.
If you want to change the world, do it now that you are still single,
because when you get married, you can't even change the T.V
station.

A comic relief i must say. Just cooled off from the attcks of modisweets.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Toks2008(m): 9:15am On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: well then don't criticize my behavior or personality if u don't want to be struck by the same rod. Do yourself a favour and respect yourself, don't come here forming shakara and expect me to show u respect u dont deserve. Thank you. Act like an assss then definitely expect to be treated like one.

Baby gal wats really goin on? I never criticized you but it was you who came down on me for no justifiable reason except my harmless opinion aired on a public forum.

The posts are still there for reference. Habba.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

I Want To Break Up With My Fiancee But I Don't Know How To Do It / My Beautiful Girlfriend End Our 5 Years Relationship Because my Career Pursuit / Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.