Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less (34940 Views)

Things Ladies Should Stop Doing If They Don't Have Plans For A Guy / 21 Lies Nigerian Ladies And Guys tell One Another / Funny But True: 20 Commandments Ladies Should Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nwachiizu(m): 10:30am On Sep 21, 2014
deebee13: Nice one op!

Thanks for this post. I just got some reality from it. I am still trying to understand more about women..
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by hensben(m): 10:32am On Sep 21, 2014
angry, the first paragraph on the meme make sense but the last one
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Fourwinds: 10:33am On Sep 21, 2014
Amya: Am really impressed with the way things are going in this country now. Woman now actually now realise they can be whatever they want to be. And while society might still judge them, they've developed such thick skins that criticisms about their virtue hardly gets them. All those unmarried female celebrities are still very much respected in the society. They've carved a niche for themselves which made them the celebrities that they are.

We should all learn to respect people's choice and never mock their decisions because it doesn't fit into our ideals. If someone believes she'll be complete and happy with a tall husband, why in the world would you discouraged that? same goes for the person who prefers a shorter man, being unmarried e.t.c

Problem with we Nigerians is we like poke nosing into people's matter. How is it any of our business on peoples choices and way of life.
yeah. I hope d country will be better of wth majority being single parents like d way some celebrities are today. and their children will follow suit. then as a single parent be it male or female d liberty to bang around will surely be adequately guarantee. it is just a means of teaching our children how to leave a life when they not comfortable with d present pattern.....look onto. d USA.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by seunoni34(m): 10:34am On Sep 21, 2014
Kachisbarbie: The lady never said we should settle for less - I guess y'all misunderstood her...she meant, we shouldn't be blinded by physical looks, sometimes marriage goes beyond the physique...just marry someone you wanna wake up to everyday (and vice-versa)...that's just it
-Never settle for less - always settle for the best, but then we can't satisfactorily define less/best...no single human out there is less

I think the problem we have these days arises from poor comprehension...the lady used words like- Obsessed, Most...she wasn't in anyway speaking in an affirmative, even though her points came out harsh

... why is there so much pressure/focus on the female folks and their choices in life?...I just don't gerrit
-they say 'marriage' is overhyped, yet it is one topic that gets so much attention...let it slide pls

P.S : The fact that you called her post 'stupeed' is unprofessional and...I don't know what else to call it... undecided...we can't all be of the same school of thought - respect her own reasoning.
-If you have to counter her, go back to her post, read/understand it properly...then counter her.

how exactly, would you come online and call someones' husband a PLAN-B, and an available that became desirable?? Jeez...I know this is a forum, but before you 'submit'...take a moment to review your choice of words...Thanks
This safarigirl has serious comprehension issues. In fact calling the older post stupid makes me feel this post is even more stupid. She's really arrogant and self centered, its obvious her type will always either end up with the worst man or no man at all with this kind of mentality.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 21, 2014
Rapsainot: good morning guy

Sup Bro. Morning. smiley
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by jilesejibril: 10:37am On Sep 21, 2014
hmmmm perfect article thats true i love my mummy she is the best now my life has changed for good when i met my sugar mummy and Thank God for the help of mr francis Ejike who help me to get the sugar mummy of my life today if you know you are interested and you need one kindly contact him on the tel number:08104264339 hope he help you too and lets chop this money.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Truckpusher(m): 10:37am On Sep 21, 2014
100Cents: Finally, in the end, you will have only yourself to blame...

Since you are a trophy who deserves free food, free ride, expensive dates and BIS/recharge card for doing absolutely nothing. Please do not settle for less.

The way our young ladies carry themselves shows that marriage is not their ultimate goal but scouting for the richest, most handsome and most successful man in the society who is willing enough to pay the imaginary value she has placed on her love.

These sort of ladies do not take corrections for any wrong. They are always right and the last thing she expects from you, her date, is saying that what she did didn't go down well with you, instantly her mind tells her, " it is time to dump mike for John ".

Some of them go as far as dating every single guy who says hi to them seeing him as a potential maga to be kept on the ever long list of those under her false promise of, " I will come and see you ". Because he is a potential goldmine and will serve a future purpose at a future date. This keeps the stu.pid gullible man calling and sending recharge card to make sure he out performs or outsmarts any other competitor for the elusive girl. It is all a game. But it ends in confusion. It takes deceiving oneself first to be able to deceive others..

God punish all the gold digging ladies. All the men you have wrecked with your lying tongues and pretences will hunt you later.. Keep searching for Mr. Right. He has already passed you by when you treated him as dung..

Nonsense..
This is one reason Why I say to boys around me to catch them,fucck them and dump them before they use and dump you.

Greedy set of people called Nigerian girls. angry

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by cliper230(m): 10:37am On Sep 21, 2014
No worry young woman na time go tell u watsup..whn u r 38 u go understand wat I mean
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by lawrenceunaa: 10:37am On Sep 21, 2014
y won't some if not most ladies settle for less after bang*ng away their time on a man's bed in the name of dating/relationship where as the man dumps them and marries a virgin undecided

If u mustn't settle for less try as much as not to waste ur life @ the youthful days cos karma vist @later age wink
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Revolva(m): 10:37am On Sep 21, 2014
no mind women they r way too selective and many of them end up confused and laid at last...ave seen many beautiful babes..who have CHASED MANY RESPONSIBLE MEN OUT OF THEIR LIFE...now no suitor wan marry them..now they are all coinded ashewo...for hood....cos every one f..ks dem..even young guys..also..
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Odunharry(m): 10:38am On Sep 21, 2014
ON BBM.
ME: Hi, Sup? You look pretty..
LADY: *no reply*
ME: How are you?
LADY: *no reply*
ME: You there? LADY: *no reply* ME: 9981 0098 8909
LADY: WOW!! Thanks, which
network?
ME: Cartoon Network.

Gud morninin and happy sunday 2 u all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 21, 2014
what's up
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 21, 2014
mtcheeewwwww.

some people even have up to plan f, where plan f is the one she'd still be married to fifty years later. while mister plan a don get five wives after.

but i get both points though. to each her own. marriage is good at some point but the most important is to be happy in it.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Rapsainot(m): 10:39am On Sep 21, 2014
TrollMan:

Sup Bro. Morning. smiley
your night?
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 21, 2014
seunoni34:
This safarigirl has serious comprehension issues. In fact calling the older post stupid makes me feel this post is even more stupid. She's really arrogant and self centered, its obvious her type will always either end up with the worst man or no man at all with this kind of mentality.
Hahaha...that's harsh pls...but you gat a point, the way she belittled the other ladys' thread/husband...made me wonder...
-does she have men she respects in her life?
-can she talk about them in like manner?
-how would she feel if someone talks about them in like manner, bc they don't meet that persons' 'required requirements'?

Her choice of words, showed a lot about her person.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by tintingz(m): 10:45am On Sep 21, 2014
Physical look(attraction) is also important in marriage in some cases, marry who you are attracted to but always look beyond someone's physique because it doesn't end there.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by hensben(m): 10:46am On Sep 21, 2014
OsoDupe: Bro, u dey vex?let me just counter vex too, God punish all the sweet mouthed guys that promised ladies marriage and even go to the extent of introducing ladies to family members just to get down there and afterward dumping the ladies, all the ladies u have wrecked with ur sugarcoated mouth will haunt u and when u settle down, u will settle down with a woman that will show u hell.
man and woman matter, na wao...well, na ADAM i blame wey go dey ask GOD for companion...na there man wahala start.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Chubhie: 10:47am On Sep 21, 2014
100Cents: Finally, in the end, you will have only yourself to blame...

Since you are a trophy who deserves free food, free ride, expensive dates and BIS/recharge card for doing absolutely nothing. Please do not settle for less.

The way our young ladies carry themselves shows that marriage is not their ultimate goal but scouting for the richest, most handsome and most successful man in the society who is willing enough to pay the imaginary value she has placed on her love.

These sort of ladies do not take corrections for any wrong. They are always right and the last thing she expects from you, her date, is saying that what she did didn't go down well with you, instantly her mind tells her, " it is time to dump mike for John ".

Some of them go as far as dating every single guy who says hi to them seeing him as a potential maga to be kept on the ever long list of those under her false promise of, " I will come and see you ". Because he is a potential goldmine and will serve a future purpose at a future date. This keeps the stu.pid gullible man calling and sending recharge card to make sure he out performs or outsmarts any other competitor for the elusive girl. It is all a game. But it ends in confusion. It takes deceiving oneself first to be able to deceive others..

God punish all the gold digging ladies. All the men you have wrecked with your lying tongues and pretences will hunt you later.. Keep searching for Mr. Right. He has already passed you by when you treated him as dung..

Nonsense..
Now, this is personal. Once you are a person of value it won't take a psychic to code a lady whose only value is sex. In my dealings with ladies have grown-through experience to pack my emotions oneside and put up my ethical business mind that's value based. What value is she bringing to the table? I give to charity and I love my family but anything apart from that is just business. Ladies will be more better off if they learn to develop their CONTENT and not put too emphasis on the CONTAINER. Give me 10mins with a lady and I can predict 60% of her personality regardless of fronts she puts up to cover things.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Truckpusher(m): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Hahaha...that's harsh pls...but you gat a point, the way she belittled the other ladys' thread/husband...made me wonder...
-does she have men she respects in her life?
-can she talk about them in like manner?
-how would she feel if someone talks about them in like manner, bc they don't meet that persons' 'required requirements'?

Her choice of words, showed a lot about her person.
I know peeps like safari ,always bold and sounding tough on the internet but in real life a 16yr old boy will cow her beyond reasonable doubt.
We've seen a lot of them........absolutely nothing at the sight of a diick. cheesy
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by bayulll01(m): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2014
Kachisbarbie: The lady never said we should settle for less - I guess y'all misunderstood her...she meant, we shouldn't be blinded by physical looks, sometimes marriage goes beyond the physique...just marry someone you wanna wake up to everyday (and vice-versa)...that's just it
-Never settle for less - always settle for the best, but then we can't satisfactorily define less/best...no single human out there is less

I think the problem we have these days arises from poor comprehension...the lady used words like- Obsessed, Most...she wasn't in anyway speaking in an affirmative, even though her points came out harsh...It's all about choice - If you wanna wait for yo Lamar - Voila...don't forget that Lamar has his own 'requirements' - I hope you meet them too
That your 'Lamar' might be some other ladys' 'Kevin Hart'

... why is there so much pressure/focus on the female folks and their choices in life?...I just don't gerrit
-they say 'marriage' is overhyped, yet it is one topic that gets so much attention...let it slide pls

P.S : The fact that you called her post 'stupeed' is unprofessional and...I don't know what else to call it... undecided...we can't all be of the same school of thought - respect her own reasoning.
-If you have to counter her, go back to her post, read/understand it properly...then counter her.

how exactly, would you come online and call someones' husband a PLAN-B (What's even wrong in a PLAN-B, What's a Plan without PLAN-B?...nne sometimes PLAN-B done sure pass @ one pt in our lives), and an available that became desirable??
Jeez...I know this is a forum, but before you 'submit'...take a moment to review your choice of words...Thanks
pls dont waste ur saliva on safari,shes always deluded and her comprehension level na zero,all good i dont blame her mtn free Mb is making us see all useless post counter post here on Nl,love ur reasoning your fellower just increase
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by crudedude(m): 10:50am On Sep 21, 2014
That awkward moment when the rebuttal of an NL thread falls way below the level of the first.

Hurts to be the OP of such a thread.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by ochon: 10:50am On Sep 21, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Very rude post...I wonder how she felt typing it. A man that paid a ladys' bride price...that's who she is calling plan B...,nawa o....this one strong...lol
Her Insult-filled post defeated the aim of her thread from the inception. If she didn't insult, more people might actually agree with her. Well, she cusses a lot in her posts, so I'm not astounded.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by GodMode: 10:56am On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl has self-esteem issues combined with lack of confidence, inferiority complex e.t.c.

Onyiridike was only advising and giving her opinion.... she is not saying people should abide by her opinion. plus she's married and has other things to think about.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by kilokeys(m): 10:57am On Sep 21, 2014
OsoDupe: I carry the kids in my belly, u wash their clothes when they are born, I cook the food, u fetch the water. I peel yam, u pound yam. I cook soup, u grind pepper. I go to market, u do d laundry and clean the house.My friends come over for tea, u go to football viewing centre, equal rights so simple, so sweet tongue
i buy the fuel, u put on d gen
i pay junior's school fees, u pay Stephanie's
i pay the house rent, u pay the electr. &water bills
most importantly i ride grin u this week, u ride on me next week
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 21, 2014
What is the problem with girls? I ask again what is the problem with girls? It beats my imagination if I must say tryn to comprehend their problems. They are always worried about the "less", they don't want to settle for less. Are u in a place of power or wealth dat u are sayn u don't want to settle for less? Most of the girls clamoring for the hate for less are mostly the ones from backgrounds with gross financial inadequacies. Now its agreeable no one wants to spend the rest of his or her life being poor, but what are u doing to help the situation? Is it by going about looking for a rich man to date or marry? Most girls don't want to get educated and look for a good job that can increase their financial capacity. Let's say u got no job n u net a rich man n get married to him den suddenly he dies or lost his job, n u left wit abt 3kids n his family takes away all his wealth, what do u think will become of u?? That is when these girls start biting their finger hoping they had known the right thing to do from the begining.
Some girls in their quest for seeking rich men forget that they ought to improve upon themselves and most end up being single in their mid 30's still looking for riches also forgetting that they already becoming old and less attractive that no one seems to take a look at them anymore after shunning potential guys in their late 20's.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by bayulll01(m): 10:58am On Sep 21, 2014
ochon: I'm still wondering why the OP in the thread that lead to the birthing of this thread received so much flak for her thread. Did you bashers read that thread at all? As in, read it slowly, assimilating the post word by word? Because it seems to me most of y'all didn't get what the OP(on that thread) was saying.

Safarigirl, Onyiridike NEVER said ladies should settle for less, she never did!! She said ladies should not be "obsessed" with men's height as a PRIORITY for marriage. You need to check the meaning of the word "obsessed." She's basically saying don't miss out on a good man because he didn't meet up to your "height scale" you've made a MUST criteria for a man you will marry. And she wasn't making it a must, she's just giving an advice. You can choose to STICK to your choice or not, your cup of tea. She talked about missing out on a good and successful man because she listened to naysayers discouraging her even though she liked him.

What that lady is trying to say, is "sometimes you've got to compromise" on certain things. She never said "settle for less." They are entirely two different meanings (I'll explain with a former post of mine from my former diary later on in this post). The truth is, You, I and everyone out there MUST "compromise" at one certain time/stage in our lives. It's a must!!

"Compromising" doesn't mean settling for less. Growing up (even now we're all grown), we all dreamt of a good life, a life of riches and affluence. A life where we'd have to cross our legs on a couch, eat all day and live like kings. A life where we have mansions, drive the poshiest cars, date the finest men/women. A life where we're paid in 6 figures. All these are wishes/dreams. But guess what? At the end of the day, few get to have it such way, majority will end up "compromising" and living their lives as they see it while still hustling to make it big. Most of us dream to be a don like Mike Adenuga. But guess what? Most of us will never get to live that life. So we will work and make sure we are "at least" successful to enjoy the basic amenities of life. It's called "compromising" not "settling for less."

Before I explain with a diary update of mine about what "compromising" and "settling for less" means, let me paint a clear picture with this example. Most of us, if not all, wants to get paid handsomely from their first job; say N200K per month. That's the general wishes. But how many of us get to find such jobs? What we've at the end of the day is people "compromising" and going for the moderately-paying job while seeking for a better paying job. Such people had to compromise to build up their work experience and get better jobs in the future. Which fresh graduate that dreamt of getting paid "N150K" a month will see a "N90K" paying job for a month, and say "no o, I must not settle for less, I must stay unemployed till i get a N150K paying job?" Your guess is as good as mine.

Now to explain what "compromising" and "settling for less" means, here's an excerpt from a diary I used to keep.

P.S: Your issue about the stigma women face in Nigeria has nothing to do with the former thread. This is a whole new discussion which you should bring up in another thread for us to trash it out. And yes, I believe women are facing some stigma when it comes to marriage in Nigeria, but that's another topic entirely.
ohhhhhhh another wonderful post God bless u,ur fellower just increased

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by hensben(m): 10:58am On Sep 21, 2014
OsoDupe: I carry the kids in my belly, u wash their clothes when they are born, I cook the food, u fetch the water. I peel yam, u pound yam. I cook soup, u grind pepper. I go to market, u do d laundry and clean the house.My friends come over for tea, u go to football viewing centre, equal rights so simple, so sweet tongue
who be this kid , so na so u see ur papa and ur mama dey do abi
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 21, 2014
jilesejibril: hmmmm perfect article thats true i love my mummy she is the best now my life has changed for good when i met my sugar mummy and Thank God for the help of mr francis Ejike who help me to get the sugar mummy of my life today if you know you are interested and you need one kindly contact him on the tel number:08104264339 hope he help you too and lets chop this money.

Sleeping with someone's wife all in the name of sugar mummy abi? God is soaking ur cane down inside Kerosene. Mtchewwwwww
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Amya(f): 11:04am On Sep 21, 2014
ZUBY77:

What you think is not what is happening.
You have the right to think.

I think America should not have gone to Iraq.

Things are slowly but gradually changing.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by bayulll01(m): 11:07am On Sep 21, 2014
ZUBY77: While you have some good points, you still mixed things up.

This whole thing has to do with the society you were born into.
Things change over time.

The same America you are trying to stamp as the good environment restricted women from voting.
But eventually relaxed the laws that restricted women from doing certain things.

Whether you like it or not, We have males and females on earth.
One is stronger than the other and when you are stronger (America) You decide for the weaker (Iraq, Libya etc).

In African context, a certain law made it that women doesn't get land allocations in their fathers place.
It was made so to encourage marriage.
If you decide not to get married, that's your business buy understand that you are not getting nothing from the Father.
You must either marry or make your own big money.
Even with your money, you are not allowed to have kids in your father's place.

So the marriage thing comes again.

When your desired man is not reachable, you can step down a little.
Yes, men do the same too.
I know thousands of men who wanted to marry Ini Edo but when it didn't work, they didn't go for Angelina Jolie, they stepped down.

So forget your biased opinion.

I have seen your posts where you argue with guys over football, it is something you have the right to do and must be encouraged but to tell your father that you want Brad Pitt or nobody else, then you must go out and look for Brad or don't come back because you can never be the only one who saw Brad on TV.

All in all, knowing when to cash in is important.
God blessed women in such a way that numerous men always come after them whether they are ugly or beautiful, it is left for the girls to be calculative and know when to cash in.

Stop dreaming, we live in a real world.

na waoo peole really like this safari gurl see good advice if u like take them cos i know rebellious child
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nwachiizu(m): 11:07am On Sep 21, 2014

Thanks for this comment. I got some reality from it.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 21, 2014
prettyboi1989: What is the problem with girls? I ask again what is the problem with girls? It beats my imagination if I must say tryn to comprehend their problems. They are always worried about the "less", they don't want to settle for less. Are u in a place of power or wealth dat u are sayn u don't want to settle for less? Most of the girls clamoring for the hate for less are mostly the ones from backgrounds with gross financial inadequacies. Now its agreeable no one wants to spend the rest of his or her life being poor, but what are u doing to help the situation? Is it by going about looking for a rich man to date or marry? Most girls don't want to get educated and look for a good job that can increase their financial capacity. Let's say u got no job n u net a rich man n get married to him den suddenly he dies or lost his job, n u left wit abt 3kids n his family takes away all his wealth, what do u think will become of u?? That is when these girls start biting their finger hoping they had known the right thing to do from the begining.
Some girls in their quest for seeking rich men forget that they ought to improve upon themselves and most end up being single in their mid 30's still looking for riches also forgetting that they already becoming old and less attractive that no one seems to take a look at them anymore after shunning potential guys in their late 20's.

Well said my broda. 4 india film gun shot for u Gbakion! Gbakin!! Gbakion!!! Gbakin!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

I Want To Break Up With My Fiancee But I Don't Know How To Do It / My Beautiful Girlfriend End Our 5 Years Relationship Because my Career Pursuit / Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.