Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,292 members, 7,780,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:25 PM

I Want To Be An Armed Robber-3 Year Old Ghanaian Pupil - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Be An Armed Robber-3 Year Old Ghanaian Pupil (795 Views)

3-year-old DJ Blows Crowd Away On South Africa's Got Talent / Angry Ghanaian Surgeon's Letter To The Spanish Embassy / Who Wants To Join The Nigerian Armed Forces? Army, Navy Or The Air Force? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be An Armed Robber-3 Year Old Ghanaian Pupil by heavenmade(m): 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
THERE was utter shock and disbelief at Asuogyaman in the Eastern region of Ghana during the week when a three-year-old kindergatten pupil confidently told the District Chief Executive (DCE) and his delegation during ‘my first day at school,’ visit that he aspired to become an armed robber in future to enable him become rich.

The shocking answer was a response to a question the DCE, Thomas Ampem Nyarko, asked the children regarding what they aspired to become in future.

When asked if he understood what armed robbers do, the KG pupil remained silent for some minutes, forcing the DCE to issue a directive to the guidance and counseling unit of the Ghana Education Service to take the pupil through counseling and send their report to his office for further action.

The DCE stated that the assembly would make sure that the pupil gets the best of support needed throughout his education to ensure that he grows to become a responsible citizen.

The DCE and his entourage, made up of officers from the district education office led by the district education director, Mavis Yirenkyi, visited schools such as Akwamu West Anglican Primary, Akosombo Beasley, Akosombo VRA Roman Catholic School, VRA Presbyterian Primary School, Nuriya Islamic and Pupuni L/A Primary School.

Mr Nyarko encouraged the pupils, especially, the newly admitted KG pupils to take their studies serious by being punctual and learning hard. He told the pupils that the only way for them to be rich is through education, adding that there is no short cut to success; therefore, they must not joke with their education.

He emphasised government’s commitment to continuously invest heavily in education by making sure that facilities needed to enhance quality education are made available to them.

Later in an interview with a Ghanaian newspaper, the Daily Heritage, the DCE mentioned efforts being made by the government to address the poor performance record in the district, having been revealed through the assembly’s own research that 59 per cent of pupils in the district cannot read and write.

He explained that apart from the number of libraries being built in the district, reading exercise has been instituted in all basic schools in the district, while monitoring exercise has been revived to get the best results.

The newly posted district director of education, Mavis Yirenkyi, was not happy about the new admissions made; however, she expressed optimism that many more would be registered as the days go by. She called on parents and guardians to send all their children of school age to school since public basic schools are still free of charge.
http://tribune.com.ng/quicklinkss/features/item/16457-i-want-to-be-an-armed-robber-3-yr-old-ghanaian-pupil-tells-govt-official
Re: I Want To Be An Armed Robber-3 Year Old Ghanaian Pupil by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
it's in their blood

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be An Armed Robber-3 Year Old Ghanaian Pupil by O0XYGEN: 10:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
Chimax15: it's in their blood
uve forgotten u are a nigerian?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be An Armed Robber-3 Year Old Ghanaian Pupil by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
O0XYGEN: uve forgotten u are a nigerian?
and u are a Gaynaian?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be An Armed Robber-3 Year Old Ghanaian Pupil by O0XYGEN: 10:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
Chimax15: and u are a Gaynaian?
mumugerians were born to be armed robbers and terrorists. I hole you ain't one.
Re: I Want To Be An Armed Robber-3 Year Old Ghanaian Pupil by yungEX(m): 10:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
most ghanians are thieves na.. Na GOd go punish allo dem. & eh if u quote me oxygen thunDer go fire your papa yansh! B A S T A R D son of a thousand fathers

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be An Armed Robber-3 Year Old Ghanaian Pupil by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
O0XYGEN: mumugerians were born to be armed robbers and terrorists. I hole you ain't one.
are u this st.upid?
Re: I Want To Be An Armed Robber-3 Year Old Ghanaian Pupil by heavenmade(m): 11:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
Oya, the usual film begins,make I take d back seat. Oga abeg clear make I see!
Re: I Want To Be An Armed Robber-3 Year Old Ghanaian Pupil by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
... Awon weyrey oloshi oloriburuku..

Quote me if armed robbery does not flow in ur veins!
Re: I Want To Be An Armed Robber-3 Year Old Ghanaian Pupil by nzeobi(m): 12:26am On Sep 21, 2014
Somebody should check to see if that boy is high on Ganja
Re: I Want To Be An Armed Robber-3 Year Old Ghanaian Pupil by seunwen2(m): 12:54am On Sep 21, 2014
Ghana mumu guys your country should annex by now by being part of Nigeria
Re: I Want To Be An Armed Robber-3 Year Old Ghanaian Pupil by sheniqua: 3:55am On Sep 21, 2014
THERE was utter shock and disbelief at Asuogyaman in the Eastern region of Ghana during the week when a three-year-old kindergatten pupil confidently told the District Chief Executive (DCE) and his delegation during ‘my first day at school,’ visit that he aspired to become an armed robber in future to enable him become rich.

Maybe his father is an armed robber
He just wants to continue the family business

(1) (Reply)

Choice For Master's Degree. / Where can I do my Industrial Attachment? / Bouncing Back From Job Loss: Things You Should Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.