Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? (6061 Views)

Why Do Most Pastors Talk This Way? / Why Most Pastors Are Going To Hell / Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by lalasticlala(m): 5:04am On Sep 21, 2014
“Why are you misbehaving in my class? You should not act like this since your father is a pastor.”
That's obviously from a teacher to a pastor's kid.

NOTE: Please this piece is not aimed at judging pastors' children, after all children whose parents are not pastors also misbehave.

I have come across many pastors' children, it appears they have common attributes- most of them seem rebellious or something like that.

There are still some pastors' kids that behave themselves very well, but they seem to be in the minority.

Could it be that the society expects much from pastors' children?

There was a church I attended for Years while I was much younger. The Head pastor appeared mean. So we had expected the children to be disciplined. But they were far from that.
The 7 kids were misbehaving.
*The First daughter was fond of stealing few things here and there; she stole from their visitor one day.
When she was in University, she had a live-in-lover.
* The first & 2nd sons also misbehaved seriously.
* The third son who was my peer was very stubborn. But he later repented. And shortly after he repented he died. He died very prematurely.
* The man's second son went to one of our female English teacher's house in secondary school and beat her, flogged the teacher mercilessly in her house. Of course he would have been expelled if his parents were not pastors. But his Dad being a top pastor in the ministry, he wasn't expelled. Note- the school was a missionary school.
* I saw the 3rd daughter while we were still undergraduates, her dressing was horrible.

I think pastors' children misbehaving has a root from the bible. The account of Eli and his children buttresses this. Hophni and Phinehas the sons of Eli were priests; they misbehaved greatly as the bad priests they were;
*they stole meat from burnt offerings
*and had sex with women at the door of the tabernacle. ( 1 Samuel 2:12-17).
----------
Meanwhile, in relation to my above question and write up, I saw this topic below http://thomrainer.com/2013/06/05/seven-things-pastors-would-like-church-members-to-know-about-their-children/

Seven Things Pastors Would Like Church Members to Know About Their Children

I recently conducted a Twitter poll of pastors and their spouses about this very issue. Though the poll was informal and not scientific, the responses were nevertheless fascinating. Here are the top seven responses in order of frequency. A representative comment or combined comments are given with each of the seven.

1.Don’t expect more out of pastors’ kids (PKs) than any other kids.“My children need to have the same expectations as the other children in the church. They are not some kind of spiritual superstars because their dad’s a pastor.”

2.Please offer encouragement to my children.“It’s not always easy to be a PK. The glass house thing is real. I am so thankful for the church members who go out of their way to encourage my children.”

3.Realize that they are kids.“I know a few church members who seem to think my kids are miniature adults. They expect them to act like a 40 year old instead of a 4 year old.”

4.Please don’t call them “PKs.” “Their identities should not be based on their father’s vocation. They have their own unique and special identities.”

5.Please pray for my children.“I am blessed to have this one lady in my church who prays formy three children every day. She knows the special challenges of being a PK.”

6.Our kids see and hear more than you may think.“After one particularly tough church business meeting, my seven-year-old boy asked me if I was going to get fired.”

7.Don’t make me choose between my kids and the church.“Too many PKs have grown up bitter and disillusioned about the church. Dad gave more attention to church members than his own children.”

What do you think about these seven challenges? What would you add? What have your experiences been?
-----------------

Why do most pastors' children misbehave?
Are we expecting much from pastors' children?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by maxism2: 5:38am On Sep 21, 2014
Pastor's Children on Nairaland, tell us why you misbehave.
Pastors here, tell us why ur kids misbehave

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by 2romantic: 5:41am On Sep 21, 2014
go And ask Kumuyi's son y he and his wife rebelled against their church principles
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by greatgod2012(f): 6:03am On Sep 21, 2014
Question........ Why do some pastors' kids misbehave?

Answers........
1. People expect too much from them, forgetting that they are also humans, even the pastors themselves errs, just to confirm their human nature, not to talk of their kids.

2. Very many pastors rarely have time for their kids, they get away with the wealth, fame and connections attached to their work/ministry, hence, their children's rebellious actions.

3. Some pastors think that it is automatic for their kids to always be well-behaved because they are pastor's kids, forgetting that, God will not do that which we are supposed to do, it is our duty to train our kids in the way of the Lord, any parents who expect God to do that for him is living in illusion and will definately reap his negligence just like Eli the prophet in the bible.
May God help us all.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by Clashydutch(m): 6:21am On Sep 21, 2014
They are humans ..there is always a tendency to misbehave
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 21, 2014
How would their children live by an example when most of them are promiscous, tithe thieves, seekers of worldly pleasure? etc undecided Karma is a biitch cool

It's better to remain unmarried and abadon worldly things. If you want to serve God, serve him wholly.

All Jesus apostles, left their wife(married ones and unmarried one never cared to marry), properties and followed Jesus only.

#TeamCatholicForever smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by XKZ(m): 6:28am On Sep 21, 2014
Overdose of hypocrisy?
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by davdandam(m): 6:36am On Sep 21, 2014
greatgod2012: Question........ Why do some pastors' kids misbehave?

Answers........
1. People expect too much from them, forgetting that they are also humans, even the pastors themselves errs, just to confirm their human nature, not to talk of their kids.

2. Very many pastors rarely have time for their kids, they get away with the wealth, fame and connections attached to their work/ministry, hence, their children's rebellious actions.

3. Some pastors think that it is automatic for their kids to always be well-behaved because they are pastor's kids, forgetting that, God will not do that which we are supposed to do, it is our duty to train our kids in the way of the Lord, any parents who expect God to do that for him is living in illusion and will definately reap his negligence just like Eli the prophet in the bible.
May God help us all.
Plz give this person a medal. ....perfect reply.
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by davdandam(m): 6:42am On Sep 21, 2014
They misbehave because people like you won't let them be.imagine creating a thread on pastors children. ...how many times av you seen threads on doctors kids,engineers kids or imams kids. .....it's segregation and that statement 'and he's a pastor's child' does more harm than good.you don't believe me?try saying it to a pastor's son when you guys are chilling or having fun and see his eyes......he may laugh over it but that doesn't mean he wasn't hurt. They are always isolated and segregated and always try to be accepted for who they are and not where they are from.
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by poshest(f): 6:49am On Sep 21, 2014
in my opinion I think they have this mentality that since their dad is a pastor and a man of God that there is a special "grace" from above covering them which automatically makes them misbehave. I overheard one saying he doesn't have to be afraid of God's anger due to his misdeeds cos his father communicates with God on his behalf. imagine that!
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by mstik(f): 6:54am On Sep 21, 2014
I have often wondered the same thing...
I guess being a pastor's kid doesn't mean you should be all prim and proper
Or they feel the grace upon their parents will cover them all
Or it's just pure rebellion
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by Sanchez01: 7:05am On Sep 21, 2014
The reason, I believe, is simple. They are mostly grown in a goldy way but most of them get tired of the 'boring' lifestyle, particularly when they see their friends living a kind of life they never imagined. Personally, I see it as some form of war against spiritual heads who preach night and day, yet, their children do the opposite. It has been that way from time Immemorial. Eli's children, Samuel's, sons of prophets and priests in the Scriptures largely went off the road.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by Beesluv: 7:08am On Sep 21, 2014
Maybe cos most of their parents don't have time for them
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by timilehing(m): 7:33am On Sep 21, 2014
The pastors are busy 24/7 managing their church business, why won't their children misbehave when their Papa no get time to manage his family. Some pastors will burn in hell cos of their kids

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 21, 2014
Being a leader comes with many challenges,you only noticed that because they are children of public figure.

A leader's life is a sewing machine that sews clothes for people,yet remains nude.

Like a lantern that brights the room,yet its bottom is dark.

Is just one of the many challenge of. Child upbringing.
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by chibwike(m): 7:50am On Sep 21, 2014
happy sunday Nl
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by herald9: 9:04am On Sep 21, 2014
All children misbehave , some more than others, but
people expect so much from pastors..

That's why they lay down strict rules for their kids to follow...

Sometimes the kids feel like they've been cheated...that the dad doesn't want him to enjoy his own time...

So they take advantage of every given opportunity... and do the undoable...

I once had a pastor's child as friend.... mehn this dude was as bad as hell... all his conversations and thoughts revolves around girls.....
He was even spotted kissing a girl in a roundabout... _!

And also...most pastors spend 95% of their time... cramming Bible pages... and making notes for Sunday service... leaving all the family task for the wife......

So I think the problem really lies with the pastor
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 21, 2014
I'm a Pastor's Child and everybody sees me as a superhuman. I'm not supposed to play, laugh or behave like any ORDINARY member of the church.
People are always looking for mistake and if you make any they'll use their mouth to finish you. They'll be like ''and your parents are pastors''. And if you try to defend yourself they'll say you lack home training.
I'm not living to please any mortal

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 21, 2014
When the devil tries the parents and he doesn't succeed, he accesses the family through the children. To rubbish what the parents stand and drag God's name in the mud.
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 21, 2014
poshest: in my opinion I think they have this mentality that since their dad is a pastor and a man of God that there is a special "grace" from above covering them which automatically makes them misbehave. I overheard one saying he doesn't have to be afraid of God's anger due to his misdeeds cos his father communicates with God on his behalf. imagine that!
i am a pastors child.. but i dont think i misbehave o except from the normal small misbehaving when i was very small
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by mployer(m): 10:52am On Sep 21, 2014
FrancisTony: How would their children live by an example when most of them are promiscous, tithe thieves, seekers of worldly pleasure? etc undecided Karma is a biitch cool

It's better to remain unmarried and abadon worldly things. If you want to serve God, serve him wholly.

All Jesus apostles, left their wife(married ones and unmarried one never cared to marry), properties and followed Jesus only.

#TeamCatholicForever smiley

Are catholic priests truly celibate?
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by mployer(m): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2014
kreezzy: I'm a Pastor's Child and everybody sees me as a superhuman. I'm not supposed to play, laugh or behave like any ORDINARY member of the church.
People are always looking for mistake and if you make any they'll use their mouth to finish you. They'll be like ''and your parents are pastors''. And if you try to defend yourself they'll say you lack home training.

Isn't this rebellion on your side?
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 21, 2014
mployer:

Isn't this rebellion on your side?
Rebellion?How?
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by vosquare: 11:10am On Sep 21, 2014
my dad is a pastor,a district pastor. My mom is more or less a pastor also.
I dont misbehave...i knw d right thing also d wrong thing.
My parents listen to ur opinions,if its ok by dem dats it. Though,when i dress like 'guys' my mom will be like...
Go and change ur outfit,dnt u knw dat ppl will be saying 'c hw pastor's son is dressing' nd i will reply her saying i'm nt changing it,because my fada x a pastor doesnt mean i am or will be. If d same ppl cnt kum 2 me and buy clothes 4 me den dey can say what dey want..
I'm sure dz x nt rude,dats what is n my mind. She wil just be lukin...any dress i wear and im satisfied with it,i cant change it because of anybody...i dnt dress anyhw,i dnt sag or open shirts or fly polo so i'm gud 2 go.i dnt also like ppl 2 adress me as our pastor...i wil ask,hw im i ur pastor?have i eva preachd 2 u b4?...dey will be like..no o.,since ur dad is..if u cnt cal me by my name,dnt bother 2 call me.,im nt misbehaving or am i?
Pastor's children misbehaves because dey usually 'cage' deir wards and when dey r exposed,dey wnt b able 2 change easily. I have a friend,he is also a pastor's son,he is a bad boy like me but he does it 2much...he has many gfs nd sex dem any fukin tym...i also have bt i do mine with brain nt because my dad is a pastor bt because dats my way.
So pastor's children misbehaving simply lies on d parents and d children demselves.
Yea..if dey cant face deir parents and say wats in deir mind,d children are at fault bt if d parent want 2 force d children 2 do sumtin dey dnt want to den blame d parents...both parties are involved

I LOVE 2 B A PASTOR'S SON AND I HATE 2 B A PASTOR'S SON...any question? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 21, 2014
vosquare: my dad is a pastor,a district pastor. My mom is more or less a pastor also.
My parents listen to ur opinions,if its ok by dem dats it. Though,when i dress like 'guys' my mom will be like...
Go and change ur outfit,dnt u knw dat ppl will be saying 'c hw pastor's son is dressing' nd i will reply her saying i'm nt changing it,because my fada x a pastor doesnt mean i am or will be. If d same ppl cnt kum 2 me and buy clothes 4 me den dey can say what dey want..
I'm sure dz x nt rude,dats what is n my mind. She wil just be lukin...any dress i wear and im satisfied with it,i cant change it because of anybody...i dnt dress anyhw,i dnt sag or open shirts or fly polo so i'm gud 2 go.i dnt also like ppl 2 adress me as our pastor...i wil ask,hw im i ur pastor?have i eva preachd 2 u b4?...dey will be like..no o.,since ur dad is..if u cnt cal me by my name,dnt bother 2 call me.,im nt misbehaving or am i?
Pastor's children misbehaves because dey usually 'cage' deir wards and when dey r exposed,dey wnt b able 2 change easily. I have a friend,he is also a pastor's son,he is a bad boy like me but he does it 2much...he has many gfs nd sex dem any fukin tym...i also have bt i do mine with brain nt because my dad is a pastor bt because dats my way.
So pastor's children misbehaving simply lies on d parents and d children demselves.
Yea..if dey cant face deir parents and say wats in deir mind,d children are at fault bt if d parent want 2 force d children 2 do sumtin dey dnt want to den blame d parents...both parties are involved

omo pastor *in ajebutter's voice* grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by vosquare: 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
Jregz:

omo pastor *in ajebutter's voice* grin grin grin
grin angry

Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by lalasticlala(m): 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
kreezzy: I'm a Pastor's Child and everybody sees me as a superhuman. I'm not supposed to play, laugh or behave like any ORDINARY member of the church.
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by lalasticlala(m): 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
feran14:
i am a pastors child.. but i dont think i misbehave o except from the normal small misbehaving when i was very small
of cuz there r stil exceptions
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by lalasticlala(m): 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
vosquare: my dad is a pastor,a district pastor. My mom is more or less a pastor also.

wow.

nice one
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
mployer:

Are catholic priests truly celibate?

Yes.

Not all tho'. Especially those who were forced by their parents.
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by mployer(m): 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
kreezzy:
Rebellion?How?

Doing things your way without minding peoples perception and possible consequence. That is the number one attribute of rebels.
Re: Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? by Princesschi(f): 1:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
People expect too much from pastor's children. They forget that they are humans too. Many of them have been adequately nurtured in the ways of God by their parents buh tend to deviate due to "pressure". People expect the pastor's kid to be a saint, buh they are just like any other person. It takes GRACE to still standout. God bless and uphold every Levite.

TeamPastor'sKid

(1) (2) (Reply)

“i Invite You To Accept Islam. / Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God / It Will End In TEARS AND MOURNING-A Prophecy About Nigeria In The Month Of June

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.