Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala (62123 Views)

Why Is Pastor Adeboye Visiting Governors With Mandates Challenged In Court? / Is Pastor TB Joshua A Member Of Illuminati?? / Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Titilayodeji13(m): 6:38am On Sep 21, 2014
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/man-god-pastor-chris-oyakhilome/

By Femi Aribisala

If our marriage breaks down, we must not fool ourselves and others by insisting we are standing
in the righteousness of God

Christian pastors have become demigods. Their word is law; no questions asked. As Jesus said,
they teach as doctrines the commandments of men. (Matthew 15:9). They come up with all
kinds of self-serving principles that turn scripture on its head; just in order to justify themselves
before men and control their lives. I want to discuss Pastor Chris Oyakhilome.

Man of God
Pastor Chris is going through a rough patch at the moment. His wife, Pastor Anita, has filed for
divorce, accusing him of having inappropriate relationships with female church members, among
other things. Instead of waiting for his day in court, Pastor Chris has resorted to bogus
interpretations of the scriptures; even proclaiming he is a “man of God” and therefore above sin.

Pastor Chris declared to his congregation through a live telecast: “There are preachers and there
are men of God. I am not a preacher; I am a man of God, and I go in the way I’m asked to go.
You have to understand something about a man of God. A man of God is not just someone who
worships God or preaches God. A man of God is handpicked by God, set on course by God. If
you study the scriptures, you will not find one man of God go against God, sinning against God.”
What nonsense! Who made Pastor Chris a man of God? From which school of theology did he
get his sinless distinction? John says: “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and
the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to
cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and
his word is not in us.” (1 John 1:8-10).

David was a “man of God.” (2 Chronicles 8:14). Yet he committed adultery with Bathsheba.
Balaam was a “man of God;” yet he became apostate. The “man of God” who came from Judah
was killed by a lion because he sinned against God. (1 Kings 13:23-26).

But listen to what Pastor Chris says about himself: “We are not working in sin and living in sin
and hoping that we can mix sin and righteousness together. We are the manifestation of his
righteousness.” This is standing logic on its head. If our marriage breaks down, we must not
fool ourselves and others by insisting like Pastor Chris that we are standing in the righteousness
of God. There is no righteousness in divorce.

False Christ
In the bid to justify himself, Pastor Chris is fabricating similarities between Jesus Christ and
himself. He said: “Jesus Christ was accused by many – a lot of frivolous charges. There will
always be those who would like for it to be true. But you know, in spite of the accusations
against Jesus, it didn’t change who he was.”

However, Pastor Chris is not Jesus. Many accusations were indeed leveled against Jesus, but
they were not made by his wife and they did not include inappropriate relationships with the
opposite sex.

In short, Pastor Chris might be whoever he likes, but he is certainly not Jesus. Jesus says: “If I
bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.” (John 5:31).

Yes, there are “men of God” in the Old Testament. However, Jesus created no such distinction in
the New Testament; we are all “children of God.” Jesus says: “Unless you are converted and
become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 18:3).
Indeed, Jesus was implacably opposed to men like Pastor Chris, who sit on pedestals and claim
to be holier-than-thou. He says:

“Their lives are perpetual fashion shows, embroidered prayer shawls one day and flowery prayers
the next. They love to sit at the head table at church dinners, basking in the prominent positions,
preening in the radiance of public flattery, receiving honorary degrees, and getting called ‘Doctor’
and ‘Reverend’. Don’t let people do that to you, put you on a pedestal like that. You all have a
single Teacher, and you are all classmates.” (Matthew 23:5-cool.

Male chauvinism
While Oyakhilome was busy elevating himself, he was also snidely putting down his wife. He
said: “If you are married to a man of God, it doesn’t make you automatically mature. You can
make mistakes; you can do something that is wrong. But some people expect the wife of a
minister to definitely be at the level of that minister.”

This is an arrogant statement. What makes Oyakhilome more spiritually mature than his wife?
By what measure and by what criteria did he come to ascribe this superiority to himself? Anita
Oyakhilome was also a minister. She was a so-called pastor of a London branch of Christ
Embassy. So why should Pastor Chris presume himself more “minister” than her.

If we are to accept Pastor Chris’ bogus self-appellation as a “man of God;” what disqualifies
Anita from also being called a “woman of God?” Are women inferior to men? Oyakhilome said:
“If a man of God is married, it doesn’t automatically mean that the wife of a man of God is
therefore a woman of God. That’s not the way it is in the Bible. That’s why you don’t really find
the wives of men of God mentioned in the Bible…. You never find their names.”

What poppycock! When one of the female pastors in his audience asked why the names of
wives of the men of God were not mentioned in the bible; Oyakhilome’s response was a classic.
He exclaimed: “Why? You ask God when you find him. Ask God when you find him!”

But it was not God who fabricated this theory that the wife of a man of God cannot also be a
woman of God simply because wives’ names are not mentioned in the bible. It was Chris
Oyakhilome. Therefore, it is up to Chris Oyakhilome to provide us with another bogus
explanation.

Pastor Chris ended his diatribe by saying: “When it comes to Reverend Anita, what I will say to
you is ‘pray for her.’” There is no doubt that, more than anybody else; it is Pastor Chris himself
that is greatly in need of prayer.

310 Likes 46 Shares

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Austindark(m): 6:43am On Sep 21, 2014
I enjoy Nairaland on sundays. Especially when the fans keep posting the usual "Judge Not my Annointed" Phrase. "A Blind Man Will Only Lead Another Blind Man To A Pit, But If That Second Man can See, He Is The Greater Fool!!!!!"

smh!!!!

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by kennynelcon(m): 7:07am On Sep 21, 2014
strive to make heaven... if PST fit divorce beautiful women (okotie and Oyakhilome) what else is a suprise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by anthoniosp(m): 7:07am On Sep 21, 2014
Austindark: I enjoy Vanguard on sundays. Especially when the fans keep posting the usual "Judge Not my Annointed" Phrase. "A Blind Man Will Only Lead Another Blind Man To A Pit, But If That Second Man can See, He Is The Greater Fool!!!!!"

smh!!!!
like seriously i dnt get d connection b/w nairaland and vanguard in this thread!! Ehen OP which 1 na? Why the long post na abi u sef na man of God too?

3 Likes

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by nora544: 7:09am On Sep 21, 2014
Good writing that shows that he is a fake pastor all is him and that is not a real christian.
That shows also that many nigerian are only selfsish like he is with a heart of stone.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Kastamonu: 7:20am On Sep 21, 2014
I only blame the fools following him and attending his church. When you see a fake "man of God", you should be able to recognize him/her. They make noise about themselves. Its hard to find a humble man of God today.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 21, 2014
Nigerians are really just as foolish as they come. A pastor says mas.turba.tion is no sin, it's business as usual. A pastor curls his hair and probably spends more on that hair than the average Nigerian spends on food, it's business as usual. A pastor dresses lavishly and invests tons of money on 'looking good for Christ', it's business as usual. The same pastor moves about with bodyguards, unable to call on his so-called God to protect him, yet it's business as usual.
The very same pastor now divorces his wife, slanders her, and puts himself on the pedestal against his obviously very quiet, unassuming wife; yet IT'S BUSINESS AS USUAL. DAMN!!!

if i hear any touch not my anointed here, I'll bash that person's head angry

181 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by lirusehn(m): 7:50am On Sep 21, 2014
[b]

It' funny and Alarming how black-brained Nigerians have turned all of a blink!

Look at the poster above me ranting about m.asturbation when he didn't even hear the explanation the man of God gave.

The funniest thing is how foolishly y'all back up ur claims with verses from the bible. MY People perish cuz they are foolish. I think this is to show us the Devil knows the bible more than itself.

What do you want me to knw from this post of yours?

God gave you the right to judge others?
Not even like you are trying to correct him.
I can see ur life defines perfection if not you won't be out here sharing errors of others.

Peter denied God and yet it was neva written against him. That's y i tell people i serve God and not religion.

You eat up ur fellow man just to gain cheap popularity while you later on go to church to showcase ur make-up.

Smh for the future of planet earth.

The Lord is your strength Pastor Chris.
[/b]

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Tallesty1(m): 7:52am On Sep 21, 2014
He is Not a man of God............

5 Likes

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by manmustwac(m): 8:19am On Sep 21, 2014
Old news. I remember reading a story about Pastor Chris's infidelity about seven years ago. The signs were even there for all who are not blind to see Questions? Why wasn't Pastor Anita present at Pastor Chris's birthday party where the governor of delta state Uduaghan was invited? Why aren't they hardly seen together Pastor Chris is mostly in South Africa while Pastor Anita is based in london at her Christ Embassy chur h that she runs in Woolwich?

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by nora544: 8:29am On Sep 21, 2014
manmustwac: Old news. I remember reading a story about Pastor Chris's infidelity about seven years ago. The signs were even there for all who are not blind to see Questions? Why wasn't Pastor Anita present at Pastor Chris's birthday party where the governor of delta state Uduaghan was invited? Why aren't they hardly seen together Pastor Chris is mostly in South Africa while Pastor Anita is based in london at her Christ Embassy chur h that she runs in Woolwich?

The problem is that this fake pastors are nigerians new Gods, and I mean all of this media Pastors no one is better and all can make what they want because they are GOD and that is a heresy gospel.

2 Likes

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 21, 2014
lirusehn: [b]

It' funny and Alarming how black-brained Nigerians have turned all of a blink!

Look at the poster above me ranting about m.asturbation when he didn't even hear the explanation the man of God gave.

The funniest thing is how foolishly y'all back up ur claims with verses from the bible. MY People perish cuz they are foolish. I think this is to show us the Devil knows the bible more than itself.

What do you want me to knw from this post of yours?

God gave you the right to judge others?
Not even like you are trying to correct him.
I can see ur life defines perfection if not you won't be out here sharing errors of others.

Peter denied God and yet it was neva written against him. That's y i tell people i serve God and not religion.

You eat up ur fellow man just to gain cheap popularity while you later on go to church to showcase ur make-up.

Smh for the future of planet earth.

The Lord is your strength Pastor Chris.
[/b]

Evidently you are one of those incredibly daft Nigerians who sing the praises of a pastor and will take up arms to defend his 'unrighteousness'. To h.ell with you and your fishhhhh brained pastor.

160 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by lastmessenger: 10:58am On Sep 21, 2014
I can only say that I give up on all them pastors.time for the holy ghost to pastor me in my room.

15 Likes

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by wo1F(m): 11:12am On Sep 21, 2014
Femi never disappoints. Tells it like it is. Thoroughly enjoyed the piece.
Truth is we made this 'MOG's' the Demi gods they are. From some of the comments above, you'll understand why people like Chris (he's no Pastor to me and I'm a christian okay?) will always arrogate infallibility to themselves. That is why we still have a certain TB Joshua still conducting his service and performing 'mriacles' today when infact he should be at Kuje prisons facing manslaughter charges for those over 80 souls lost.
Anyway for all them Chris Oyaks die hard faithfuls, just like Femi said, I got news for you too; there is no righteousness whatsoever in divorce okay?

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by searay(m): 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
I don't want to comment one thing and another person comment another. God bless Nairaland

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by 1stola: 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
And who is this Aribisala that is ranting?
Just shut your fûck close and mind your business !
Marriage is not only about one person, it's about two separate individuals with different character, behavior and personality.
Why is everyone blaming Oyakilome?
What about Anita? Is she not a pastor or so-called woman of God god too?
Bloody hypocrites!

7 Likes

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by musicwriter(m): 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
I've long been warning TB Joshua and Pastor Chris on this forum of serious challenges coming their way. Unfortunately, I have no way of reaching them directly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foijmRBnG4Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp3-xCXXHqA

1 Like

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by sirjohnson(m): 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
I read a post about how Anita stood by Chris Oyak, how they started together, everything she did for him right from the time they met, and what she is currently going through. Read it Here
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by youngice(m): 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
From the first time I heard his sermon I knew he wasn't a worded man,deliverance ministry and ministry of the word should be deposited hand in hand but not by the same person ,check out billy Graham, AA ALLEN etc.
Oyakilome don cast make in no dey justify in F0ck up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
searay: .
1stola: n
musicwriter: What
sirjohnson: Ok
plainmirror: .
walearoy: ..
Oga's una no go church?

6 Likes

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by daben1(m): 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
He's preaching what he's not practicing...
The hand writing on the wall is very clear, we're in the end time and the Bible talked about false teachers and prophets

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by plainmirror(m): 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
It's high-time people worshipped God in the comfort of their room. Religion is fast becoming a vice in the hands of some self proclaimed M O G.

#love thy neighbour as thy self
(TheGreatestCommandment)

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by walearoy(m): 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by radiorebel(m): 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
Let this man be
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
Pastor Chris, do not mind all this useless Nigerians insulting you. Abeg carry go with your adultery jor!! Man cannot live by bread alone. Sample all you can. Nothing do you.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by plainmirror(m): 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
kmcutez: Pastor Chris, do not mind all this useless Nigerians insulting you. Abeg carry go with your adultery jor!! Man cannot live by bread alone. Sample all you can. Nothing do you.

Are u this senseless?
Only if nairaland had a 'slap' button ...

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
No comment. I Can't judge an ordinary man not to mention a man of God tongue . God will surely handle him if he is a false prophet and replenish him if he is truly a man of God. Same goes for every other prophet.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by ERCROSS(m): 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hmm....
Sighs
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
Pray for the man of God and his family, He is man and needs our support in this tough time. Criticisms will not serve the gospel and it's ministers more than prayers of intercession.

7 Likes

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
plainmirror:

Are u this senseless?

Mr Man, why callest me useless.

4 Likes

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by eruchboy(m): 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
All i can say is he is not a real man of God simple

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Photo Of Eunice Elisha Olawale Preaching / 7 Psalm To Read When Seeking For God Mercy And Favour. / BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.