Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,840 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala (62122 Views)

Why Is Pastor Adeboye Visiting Governors With Mandates Challenged In Court? / Is Pastor TB Joshua A Member Of Illuminati?? / Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 22, 2014
the person above me sounds foolish... really

hear him tossing about "do not judge." yet, 'who is this so-called..' and 'mere mortal' gushing out of his mouth

2 Likes

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Eberex(m): 10:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
tola9ja: i think you may help me to translate it with holly spirit but b4 that see these verse

2 Peter 1:20American Standard Version (ASV)

20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of scripture is of private interpretation.
American Standard Version (ASV)

If you had the opportunity to speak with God, what would you say to Him?
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by tola9ja: 11:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
Eberex:

If you had the opportunity to speak with God, what would you say to Him?
ask 4 forgiveness and to put me in the highest portion of his paradise what of you
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Felixdav(m): 11:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
Bottom line to all this is that The Hon Pastor MOG Chris Oyakhilome can't divorce his wife and still present a good example of God's conrolling and uniting power expressed in the family. For God's sake we have the qualities of true love staring at us from the scriptures. How many of those can THE Pastor Chris be said to have expressed during thos crisis? It is not the character of those arguing here in Naairaland that is in question but the Pastor and his wife. None of them is being led by the Holy Spirit here in this crisis so stop your exchange of words and SEE THE CLEAR TRUTH. IF EITHER ANITA OR CHRIS ARE UNDER THE CONTROL AND BLESSINGS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT THIS QUARREL WILL END OR NOT EXIST AT ALL. They are a SINGLE CONVINCING FRAUD.
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by jared007: 12:54am On Sep 23, 2014
christemmbassey: Femi was right, TITHE IS D BIGEST FRAUD IN HISTORY!
Look here Mr Impostor I think its time u change ur name
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by solreb: 12:58am On Sep 23, 2014
As christians we are not to judge anyone. If you are moved by his circumstances, please pray for him.
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by marriedvirgin: 2:35am On Sep 23, 2014
And he was busy sleeping with Sinach while Pastor Anita was away.He really paid Sinach well for servicing him by putting her on the list of all his tours.Now Sinach is married to another pastor and Pastor Anita is on her way to divorce.God is not to be mocked.He has uncovered all hidden things and exposed the shamless adulterer at the appointed time.
May God come quickly to judge all of us;both the living and the dead.
sin too much for earth

1 Like

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 23, 2014
Betboss: [color=#000099][/color]who is this Femi or whatever you call yourself? first am not a member of Christ Embassy, secondly I don't support divorce in any marriage either a man of God or not. thirdly how dare this so-called femi, an ordinary mortal judge another mortal.Are you God Almighty?
Only God Almighty can judge all mankind, living or dead. Hope you know the implications of this thread you created?
Do not judge any man.

The bible said in 1corinthians 5 that we can judge a fellow
christian for wrong. d only thing we cannot do is to pass final
judgement. Every christian is God's annointed and a man of God.
see below 1 corinthians chapter 5 from the d 1st verse . if you are
not patient enough to read the whole chapter you can focus on
verse 12 and 13
1 It is actually reported that there is intimate immorality among
you,
and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has
his father's wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have
been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man
who did this? 3 Even though I am not physically present, I am with
you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who
did this, just as if I were present. 4 When you are assembled in the
name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power
of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan, so
that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the
day of the Lord. 6 Your boasting is not good. Don't you know that a
little yeast works through the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of
the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast--as you
really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8
Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast
of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread
of sincerity and truth. 9 I have written you in my letter not to
associate with sexually immoral people-- 10 not at all meaning the
people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers,
or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11
But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone
who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an
idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man
do not even eat. 12 What business is it of mine to judge those
outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will
judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 23, 2014
solreb: As christians we are not to judge anyone. If you are moved by his circumstances, please pray for him.

verse 12 and 13
you,
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Eberex(m): 8:08am On Sep 23, 2014
tola9ja: ask 4 forgiveness and to put me in the highest portion of his paradise what of you

If that is what you re going to ask then you are a confused fellow. Just moments ago you are asking questions about some verses in the Bible that you believed contradicted themselves, and yet you have an opportunity to ask Him any question! Wouldn't you want to get clarification from theses verses from Him?
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by PastorAIO: 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
Eberex:

If that is what you re going to ask then you are a confused fellow. Just moments ago you are asking questions about some verses in the Bible that you believed contradicted themselves, and yet you have an opportunity to ask Him any question! Wouldn't you want to get clarification from theses verses from Him?

you mean that if you met God today, such a momental event in anybody's life, even in the history of mankind, you would rather quibble over bible verses. Me, I was ask for the satisfaction of all my heart's desires, and not only my heart but all the other parts of my anatomy and psychology.
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by PastorAIO: 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
Do you mean to say that we have got it all wrong when we go around judging non christians, atheists, muslims etc etc etc? Instead we should have been judging our fellow christians. That would make being a christians a lot harder than what many so called christians practice today.

atbu1983:

verse 12 and 13
you,
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
PastorAIO: Do you mean to say that we have got it all wrong when we go around judging non christians, atheists, muslims etc etc etc? Instead we should have been judging our fellow christians. That would make being a christians a lot harder than what many so called christians practice today.

Yeah. What corinthians 5 means is that as christians we should be our brothers keepers by letting them know when they do wrong. By judging a fellow christian we are helping him to be aware of his wrong doings so dat he will not find comfort in doing wrongs. And also by judging him we prevent him from corrupting others. The judgement here is not whether d person will go to hell. The judgement is to prevent d person from going to hell. it is more about reprimanding, punishing and reprimanding d person so dat he can desist from d wrong act he find pleasurable but not pleasing to God. Because all true believers are God's annointed and Men of God , every christian is qualified to condemn a wrong behaviour of a fellow christian. Note even when moses sister and Aaron condemn d action of moses, only moses sister was punished but Aaron waz not punished because Aaron was annoited though not at d same level as moses. (numbers chapter 12). So when christians are afraid to call thier pastors to order when thier pastors or GO is doing something clearly wrong because of fear that God might strike them, such christians are ignorant of d gospel and thier right as believers. Paul openly reprimanded Peter when he was doing what is wrong. Note peter was d most senior deciple of Jesus christ. He was d rock on which foundation of d church was laid. He was filled with d holy spirit and did many great miracles. Yet when he did wrong apostle paul reprimanded him so dat he desist from doing it. If Peter can be reprimanded who is GO, pope. pastor or bishop?

We are not to judge non christian because we don't have same standard. We can only preach d gospel to them so dat they can become believers. Also d unbeliever have d court. d police etc to handle his earthly wrong. So d judgement of d non christian is for God
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by enricky: 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
well what i would have to say is pastor chris can still make his marriage work if he want to, but for a man to divorce his wife or allow her go he is causing her to sin if she marry another and he also sins if he marry another, that is what is written in the bible new testament. so pastor chris should make his marriage work, all his wife really needs is his attention and time, which is not a wrong thing for a wife to want. This i feel is the plain truth so lets all pray 4 him he is only human and people close to him should tell him d truth
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by MrOrioye(m): 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
Charity begins at home...what holds a church of a pastor who can't uphold his home?...God or otherwise? Well i aint here to judge. God will. At his own time...And for the badmouths, everyone possesses the right to self opinions. The best you can do is "try" to correct them, not curse.

Real Christians don't curse.
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by tola9ja: 9:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
Eberex:

1 Corinthians 14:33American Standard Version (ASV)

33 for God is not a God of confusion, but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,

so why will ask him such a question

did u believe the bible is really the word of god
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by porka: 7:33am On Sep 24, 2014
lirusehn: [b]

It' funny and Alarming how black-brained Nigerians have turned all of a blink!

Look at the poster above me ranting about m.asturbation when he didn't even hear the explanation the man of God gave.

The funniest thing is how foolishly y'all back up ur claims with verses from the bible. MY People perish cuz they are foolish. I think this is to show us the Devil knows the bible more than itself.

What do you want me to knw from this post of yours?

God gave you the right to judge others?
Not even like you are trying to correct him.
I can see ur life defines perfection if not you won't be out here sharing errors of others.

Peter denied God and yet it was neva written against him. That's y i tell people i serve God and not religion.

You eat up ur fellow man just to gain cheap popularity while you later on go to church to showcase ur make-up.

Smh for the future of planet earth.

The Lord is your strength Pastor Chris.
[/b]

"You shall have no other gods before Me." - Exodus 20:3

"For great is the LORD and greatly to be praised; He is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the peoples are idols, But the LORD made the heavens." - Psalms 96:4-5
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Eberex(m): 7:53am On Sep 24, 2014
tola9ja:
1 Corinthians 14:33American Standard Version (ASV)

33 for God is not a God of confusion, but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,

so why will ask him such a question

did u believe the bible is really the word of god

This post was not meant for you please. i'm having a conversation with Opstar who thinks the Bible is full of contradictions.
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by tola9ja: 11:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
Eberex:

This post was not meant for you please. i'm having a conversation with Opstar who thinks the Bible is full of contradictions.
can you explain these for me and did u believe jesus said such a thing

Matthew 10:34-35King James Version (KJV)

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Eberex(m): 8:20am On Sep 25, 2014
tola9ja: can you explain these for me and did u believe jesus said such a thing

Matthew 10:34-35King James Version (KJV)

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Ofcourse I do. so whats your point?
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by tola9ja: 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
Eberex:

Ofcourse I do. so whats your point?
please explain the verse he said he dose not bring peace but sword is that not voilence
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by dabrake(m): 6:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
kmcutez:

Thank you for the award. E no easy. The struggle continues.
It is very surprising how all but 2 monikers who quoted you lack sarcastic intelligence. All in a bid to buy cheap 'likes', they embrace the e-bully approach. For the past 6 months or more, I haven't commented on this forum and this is one of the reasons. Zero intellect.

1 Like

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Jameselias: 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2014
We are all man of God every human being born on earth is a man of God not only those fools claiming the sole priviledge f*ck em all
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Fizzyflex(m): 12:01am On Sep 26, 2014
sauer: Nigerians are really just as foolish as they come. A pastor says mas.turba.tion is no sin, it's business as usual. A pastor curls his hair and probably spends more on that hair than the average Nigerian spends on food, it's business as usual. A pastor dresses lavishly and invests tons of money on 'looking good for Christ', it's business as usual. The same pastor moves about with bodyguards, unable to call on his so-called God to protect him, yet it's business as usual.
The very same pastor now divorces his wife, slanders her, and puts himself on the pedestal against his obviously very quiet, unassuming wife; yet IT'S BUSINESS AS USUAL. DAMN!!!

if i hear any touch not my anointed here, I'll bash that person's head angry
Matt 7:1-2...Smh...be wise
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Fizzyflex(m): 12:04am On Sep 26, 2014
sauer:

Evidently you are one of those incredibly daft Nigerians who sing the praises of a pastor and will take up arms to defend his 'unrighteousness'. To h.ell with you and your fishhhhh brained pastor.
u re talking nonsense....am jxt sorry 4 u cos u arent wise...u talk lyk a pagan
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Eberex(m): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2014
tola9ja: please explain the verse he said he dose not bring peace but sword is that not voilence

lol.....that's why the Bible wasn't meant to be read like novels so that people like you don't read the words literally. You read yet you don't grasp what the words means. You will grab the meaning once this verse is read in its historical and literary contexts.

So what does all of this mean?

History demonstrates that Jesus never wielded a sword against anyone, and in Matt. 10:34 he does not order his followers to swing one either, in order to kill their family opponents or for any reason. But a true disciple who is worthy of following Christ and who comes from a possibly hostile family has to use a sword of the will (never a physical sword) to sever away all opposition, even as far as taking up his cross—another metaphorical implement for the disciples. It is true that Jesus divides the world into two camps, those who follow him, and those who do not, those in the light, and those in the dark. However, he never tells his followers to wage war on everyone else, and certainly not on one’s family.

It is true that the Roman Emperor Constantine, Medieval Crusaders, and Protestants and Catholics have used the sword against unbelievers and each other. However, none of them is foundational to Christianity—only Jesus is, and he never endorses the sword to spread his message. Also, Christianity has undergone Reform (c. 1400-1600) and has been put under the pressure of the Enlightenment (c. 1600-1800), which demanded peace. Be that as it may, Jesus himself never calls for military holy war, and only he sets the genetic code for his movement.

There is not a single verse in the New Testament that calls the Church to commit violence to spread the gospel or to plant churches or to accomplish anything else. Rather, the New Testament hands the sword over to the State (Rom. 13:1-6). In any case, Jesus says a spiritual sword, not a physical one, may sever family ties, so his disciples must be ready for that.
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by SenatorJames(m): 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2014
I will rather pray for him and his family, than calling him bad names. Let God judge every man for his/her doings. More so, the kingdom of God is at hand.

1 Like

Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by tola9ja: 2:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
There is not a single verse in the New Testament that calls the Church to commit violence to spread the gospel

who write the new testament and what is the different between new testament and old testament
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by Eberex(m): 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
tola9ja:

who write the new testament and what is the different between new testament and old testament

Even a secondary student can answer your question....................wait let me get someone from SS class.. undecided, no offence but your question is too lame
Re: What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala by PastorAIO: 3:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
Eberex:

Even a secondary student can answer your question....................wait let me get someone from SS class.. undecided, no offence but your question is too lame

He didn't ask you WHO can answer the question. He asked you who wrote the New testament and what the difference between it and the old testament is. You see how people fail exams.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photo Of Eunice Elisha Olawale Preaching / 7 Psalm To Read When Seeking For God Mercy And Favour. / BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.