Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

How To Point Your Domain To Nameservers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Point Your Domain To Nameservers (436 Views)

Special Offer - Transfer Your Domain Name To Us and Get 1YEAR Free!!! / 7 Tips For Selecting Your Domain Name / How To Setup A Customized Email With Your Domain Name Using Gmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Point Your Domain To Nameservers by dannycgd: 9:07am On Sep 21, 2014
hi my name is daniel, i just stumbled at ur website today. im a young programmer im a Nigerian..
please i signed up for a free domain from freehostnoads.net buh am having a problem wid how to point my domain to webservers when i visit my dns control unit as i was told d above pictures are screen shots of how d msg and d dns control unit looks like........please can u put me through how to go abt it please....i will be happy to see u reply soon. God bless

Re: How To Point Your Domain To Nameservers by bigtt76(f): 9:33am On Sep 21, 2014
You need the IP Address of the web server where the website will be hosted. You enter the IP Address into the A Record field (destination). The idea is that when you call up your domain name on a web browser, it searches in the domain name registers and look for the server IP address to which the domain is mapped so that it can display its content. MX records is for Emails. I hope this helps.

Note: These things are best carried out on a desktop or laptop computer system or better still a device with better form factor like tablets rather than mobile fone undecided

(1) (Reply)

Increase Your Facebook Page Fans / I Need Some Help In Web Master Tool / SMS Script Integration On Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.