Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,197 members, 7,780,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:45 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (945671 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by jinwas(m): 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2017

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 1:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
jinwas:

Lol.
Tell me something i don't know. You work for Stanbic IBTC don't you?
Nope!
i just understand my investment medium.
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
RealityShot:
Market women re really suffering from lack of info.

do you know that they do contribution and after they pay the trift collector at the end instead of getting something out?

yep.. Say they contribute 10000 to trift.. Collector takes 100 bucks per month. Thats 1200 off!

No interest at all..

i wish its easy to register such collection agency..i will offer market women a progam to earn something instead.

Its not as easy as you see it. Even if they are aware of these info here, they may not be able to benefit from it reasons being that under normal circumstances with a reliable thrift collector consider these benefits below;

Thrift collectors go and meet them at their place of business to collect the money... They do not loose time away from their business by going to the bank.

Also, the security of the money immediately after its been collected from them at the market becomes that of the thrift collector not theirs... Ask anybody you know who moves money from a point to another about the risk involved.

Majority of the market women who uses the thrift system do not always have the minimum deposit required by the various asset management institutions. They also can not keep the money themselves because they may spend it on unforseen circumstances that may happen around them. Their contributions majorly ranges from N50-N1,000 daily depending on their nature of business and the Mutual Fund deposit around is N5,000.

Based on their integrity sometimes the thrift collectors give them loan that could even be more than their savings.. With mutual fund, you do not have that luxury..

With the thrift system they can always beckon on the collector to redeem part of their savings depending on their familiarity and availability but with the mutual fund their is a designed system and agreement that must be follow.

The thrift system is more of a saving than an investment.

So its easier for them with thrift than Mutual Fund..they can only collect their savings from thrift and invest it in mutual funds when it has grown

6 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by latyph(m): 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2017
Please I would like to know how returns are calculated when I invest on mutual funds? is the return calculated on the amount I invest or the number of units I purchase.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 2:39pm On Oct 30, 2017
RealityShot:

please why did investment One pull out of GTBank?

jinwas:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/11/30/gtb-asset-becomes-investment-one/

thanks jinwas, I hope this answered realityshot question
Re: Mutual Funds by khattab008: 2:43pm On Oct 30, 2017
MrBigiman:

Ask

How would you rate the fund compared to MMF and is the initial investment safe from possible losses?
Re: Mutual Funds by khattab008: 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
RealityShot:
leave that thing alone.

how are they going to pay you interest if they are going to give out your money as loans without interest?

if you want to take big risk (possible loss of capital) do Equity fund

if you just want to take small risk do guaranteed or Balanced funds

if you do not want a kobo to loss from your capital while you get something better than a savings account inerest.. Do Money Market fund and relax

Thinking of going for MMF just saw the option while reading previous pages and wanted to get more info about it, thanks for the advice.
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2017
freeman67:

Its not as easy as you see it. Even if they are aware of these info here, they may not be able to benefit from it reasons being that under normal circumstances with a reliable thrift collector consider these benefits below;

Thrift collectors go and meet them at their place of business to collect the money... They do not loose time away from their business by going to the bank.

Majority of the market women who uses the thrift system do not always have the minimum deposit required by the various asset management institutions. They also can not keep the money themselves because they may spend it on unforseen circumstances that may happen ar...
exactly.. Thats why i wish i can register as a trift collector..

but then i put the gathered funds in a fund and withdraw whenever they need
it requires some long processes am not ready for
Re: Mutual Funds by dandollar1: 5:43pm On Nov 01, 2017
RealityShot:

you can sleep after investing in money market fund.

why?

Because it is mostly invested in treasury bills which has 100% capital security.

thats why the banks can tell you that your capital in a MMF is 100% guaranteed.

the price of TBills does affect MMf rates, but because some part of the funds are used for other secured, higher yeilding investment windows not ordinarily availble to individuals, the rates can go higher than TBills rates some times.

another reason for higher rates is, remember that Tbills pay interest upfront?

yes, the mmf managers reinvest the interest to earn more and sometimes share those interests with us to make the fund more attractive.

the beauty of MMF is that you can start with N5000 and add more as you get more unlike treasury bills that you can only add a minimum of 100k at a time.

Ain't MMF a beauty?! cheesy
Thank you for this response. you are simply wonderful. Please, are you into stanbic MMF? If yes, what is their current rate?
Re: Mutual Funds by kaze4blues(m): 6:59pm On Nov 01, 2017
How can I top up my investment with stanbic ibtc money market funds. I don't have any account with stanbic bank
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2017
RealityShot:

please why did investment One pull out of GTBank?

As investors we need to be informed and knowledgeable about happenings in the financial market and political economy.

CBN asked banks to dispose their non-core banking assets and subsidiaries eg insurance, stockbroking, pension fund management, Registrars etc

The only exceptions were the banks that opted for holding structure eg First Bank, FCMB, Stanbic IBTC,

The policy started about 5 years ago.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 9:31pm On Nov 01, 2017
dandollar1:
Thank you for this response. you are simply wonderful. Please, are you into stanbic MMF? If yes, what is their current rate?
yes.. Thats why i speak of them.

i dont know the current NOW.. But as at last weekend it was 18+%

sorry i dont check it that often..
and thank you for the compliment!
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 9:37pm On Nov 01, 2017
kaze4blues:
How can I top up my investment with stanbic ibtc money market funds. I don't have any account with stanbic bank
you dont need an account with ibtc..use ur own current bank
transfer to the funds account as shown on the form..etc

or go to the website and click top up..and pay with you atm details (thats how i do mine) i have used 2 different banks to do it and it worked on both cases.

you can also top up with direct cash deposit at the bank
Re: Mutual Funds by kaze4blues(m): 7:17am On Nov 02, 2017
RealityShot:

you dont need an account with ibtc..use ur own current bank
transfer to the funds account as shown on the form..etc

or go to the website and click top up..and pay with you atm details (thats how i do mine) i have used 2 different banks to do it and it worked on both cases.

you can also top up with direct cash deposit at the bank

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by kaze4blues(m): 7:58pm On Nov 02, 2017
I subscribed for stanbic mmf using my atm card via the mobile app.

But the payment has not reflected in my account yet??

Kindly advise me on what to do next
Re: Mutual Funds by JBM: 10:37pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hello house,

I have 2 questions regarding opening stanbic mutual fund.

Even though my name is not on the Nepa bill (because I am not the owner of the house), can I still use it as a proof of address or must my name be on it?

My international passport has expired, can I use it as my ID?

Thank you
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 6:15am On Nov 03, 2017
JBM:
Hello house,

I have 2 questions regarding opening stanbic mutual fund.

Even though my name is not on the Nepa bill (because I am not the owner of the house), can I still use it as a proof of address or must my name be on it?

My international passport has expired, can I use it as my ID?

Thank you

So long as it is where you are living and the address on that bill corresponds with the one you fill on the form it would be accepted. Make sure its a paid bill not less than like 3 months.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 8:05am On Nov 03, 2017
With the current rate in MMF it’s far better than treasury bills, and considering we expect treasury bills rate to keep trending down.
With CP at 18%+ it’s most likely that MMF rates will keep hovering between 17% -18% which is still good considering inflation is at 15.98% while MPR is 14%.

Investment one (formerly GTB asset mgt) now have Ussd code to top up Abacus MMF straight from your Gt bank account and your account will be credited immediately.
Simple dial *737*50* amount*83# you will be prompted to provide your investment number then your pin and your investment is credited immediately
Re: Mutual Funds by latyph(m): 10:19am On Nov 03, 2017
Can someone kindly explain to me how Stannic Money Market fund daily interest is calculated. I did a little investment but am lost with the calculation. I also saw a little addition to my account apart from the interest. I dont know the basis of the calculations.
Re: Mutual Funds by kaze4blues(m): 1:46am On Nov 04, 2017
Thanks to everyone for the enlightenment.

I have subscribed successfully for the stanbic money market fund.

God bless you all
Re: Mutual Funds by OwolabiAbayomi(m): 2:02am On Nov 04, 2017
hello guys,am about register for stanbic mmf. Here is the question: I want to subscribe via internet banking or mobile app,how can i show proof that i payed?
Re: Mutual Funds by texas1(m): 7:46am On Nov 04, 2017
OwolabiAbayomi:
hello guys,am about register for stanbic mmf. Here is the question: I want to subscribe via internet banking or mobile app,how can i show proof that i payed?

Use quickteller . A receipt will be generated. Print it out or download soft copy to your system.

For the app
Download Stanbic Ibtc app from playstore
Click on open instant account
Input details as prompted (choose Mutual funds)
You ll be lead to quickteller website, where you can pay with you ATM.
Complete the process.
The only issue is that you are limited to transactions of about 200k only. If you want more, you ll need to visit their branch with: completed form (you can print online) , passport, utility bill, ID & prove of payment.

Cheers
Re: Mutual Funds by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 9:17am On Nov 04, 2017
looking for a low risk investment opportunity for some idle funds. I've been on fixed deposit for a while now, and I think it's not worth it.
how will I go about the mutual funds pls, and what are the likely risk attach to it.
Re: Mutual Funds by kaze4blues(m): 9:27am On Nov 04, 2017
What is the stanbic guaranteed fund all about?

How would you rate it interms of risk and returns when compared to the money market fund?

Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by jumboo: 9:34am On Nov 04, 2017
texas1:

Use quickteller . A receipt will be generated. Print it out or download soft copy to your system.

For the app
Download Stanbic Ibtc app from playstore
Click on open instant account
Input details as prompted (choose Mutual funds)
You ll be lead to quickteller website, where you can pay with you ATM.
Complete the process.
The only issue is that you are limited to transactions of about 200k only. If you want more, you ll need to visit their branch with: completed form (you can print online) , passport, utility bill, ID & prove of payment.

Cheers

I have been able to do a max of 1m on quickteller with my bank card. Higher amounts failed. When Stanbic’s gateway (not quickteller) was available, I could do higher amounts with my bank card.
Re: Mutual Funds by Fummyaden(f): 1:32pm On Nov 04, 2017
Hello my ogas at the top,

I asked for a breakdown of roi from stanbic mmf on an assumed subscription of 500k, the customer service rep has sent me some calculations am really grasping with.

17.79%*500000= 88950 (yes)

for 30 days= 7310.96, (am getting 17.79%*(500000/12) or 88950/12=7412.5

can someone pls clarify. Una welldone
Re: Mutual Funds by Mup4life: 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
Fummyaden:
Hello my ogas at the top,

I asked for a breakdown of roi from stanbic mmf on an assumed subscription of 500k, the customer service rep has sent me some calculations am really grasping with.

17.79%*500000= 88950 (yes)

for 30 days= 7310.96, (am getting 17.79%*(500000/12) or 88950/12=7412.5

can someone pls clarify. Una welldone

88950/12 = 7412.5 is correct.

Note the rates are not constant, so the daily or monthly profits may vary.
Re: Mutual Funds by Mup4life: 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
The simple mathematics here is

17.79/100 =0.1779

Monthly Rates for 500k Investment.

500000×0.1779 /12 = 7412.5 naira

Daily Rates

0.1779/365 = 0.0004874

0.0004874×500000 = 243.7 naira

Working with your rates you get 7412.5 monthly and 243.7 daily before deduction of charges.
Re: Mutual Funds by Fummyaden(f): 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2017
Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by ihedioramma: 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2017
Mup4life:
The simple mathematics here is

17.79/100 =0.1779

Monthly Rates for 500k Investment.

500000×0.1779 /12 = 7412.5 naira

Daily Rates

0.1779/365 = 0.0004874

0.0004874×500000 = 243.7 naira

Working with your rates you get 7412.5 monthly and 243.7 daily before deduction of charges.

#400000 at 15% for 114days?
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 10:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
kaze4blues:
I subscribed for stanbic mmf using my atm card via the mobile app.

But the payment has not reflected in my account yet??

Kindly advise me on what to do next
it takes 48hours or more.

today is weekend so expect it to show monday, if it hasnt already
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2017
latyph:
Can someone kindly explain to me how Stannic Money Market fund daily interest is calculated. I did a little investment but am lost with the calculation. I also saw a little addition to my account apart from the interest. I dont know the basis of the calculations.
take yesterday's balance and multipy by today's rate the divide by 365

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (318) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.