Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,205 members, 7,780,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:09 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (945680 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 10:53am On Feb 10, 2015
drdams:
for d kgif biannual remittances is d interest on 365 days on 180 days calculation?

all interest rate are on 365days
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
ernie4life:

all interest rate are on 365days
Ernie,
We are hungry for all those tiny details o...we dey wait you
Re: Mutual Funds by Bamz(m): 8:05pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hello @ernie4life,
Awesome job you're doing here.

I had the KGIF investment for the period of 6 months maturity stated, but the thing is I want it terminated and oddly I haven't got my certificate yet due to some issues InvestmentOne have been taking so long to resolve.

I'm thinking I'd pay the head office a visit.

Whats your advise?
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 7:01am On Feb 22, 2015
carpenter:

Ernie,
We are hungry for all those tiny details o...we dey wait you

I won't disappoint
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 7:04am On Feb 22, 2015
Bamz:
Hello @ernie4life,
Awesome job you're doing here.

I had the KGIF investment for the period of 6 months maturity stated, but the thing is I want it terminated and oddly I haven't got my certificate yet due to some issues InvestmentOne have been taking so long to resolve.

I'm thinking I'd pay the head office a visit.

Whats your advise?

walk straight to head office and give them a piece of your mind for poor customer service then tell them you want to terminate your investment right away. for the record it's your account officers fault that your certificate is not ready, it's your account officers responsibility to make sure you are well taken care of
Re: Mutual Funds by Bamz(m): 8:38am On Feb 23, 2015
ernie4life:

walk straight to head office and give them a piece of your mind for poor customer service then tell them you want to terminate your investment right away. for the record it's your account officers fault that your certificate is not ready, it's your account officers responsibility to make sure you are well taken care of

Oh thanks bruv. I'm closer to the Maryland office, but is it expedient I go to the head office?
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 9:38am On Feb 23, 2015
Bamz:

Oh thanks bruv. I'm closer to the Maryland office, but is it expedient I go to the head office?

Not really, go to any branch closer to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
I just logged on to www..com to check KIGF and it says that there is 1% fee if you terminate before 180 days. It looks like this will not apply to you since you have had it for six months or so, but the prospectus says that redemption is processed within 5 business days, so you not get your money immediately

For more information go to the above site and good luck
Re: Mutual Funds by ednut1(m): 9:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
money market yields as at last friday. FBN capital- 12,53, stanbic asset mgt-12.48, ARM- 12.13. nice
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 24, 2015
These money market yields are mouth watering, but it is also good to look at the monthly or quarterly or Ytd performance to be in a better position to choose which to invest in among other factors. Looking at the absolute yield in isolation my be risky. With www..com you can see those performance numbers. Note however that past performance does not guarantee future performance
Re: Mutual Funds by princeuk21(m): 11:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
KGIF

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 8:41am On Mar 15, 2015
with the current trend of the economy, stock market may take longer than expected to come up, so mutual funds remains a safe place to invest in.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by taiwoliu(m): 2:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
ernie4life:
with the current trend of the economy, stock market may take longer than expected to come up, so mutual funds remains a safe place to invest in.
weldone boss, pls cn I v ur mobile? I'd love to ask sum questions and get clarity on sum tins as well.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 2:58pm On Mar 16, 2015
taiwoliu:
weldone boss, pls cn I v ur mobile? I'd love to ask sum questions and get clarity on sum tins as well.

send me a PM
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
If the post on requesting for mobile and pm is for me, I am based in the USA.
Please if it is for meet me know and I will give you my personal email
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 16, 2015
If the post on requesting for mobile and pm is for me, I am based in the USA.
Please if it is for me let me know and I will give you my personal email
Re: Mutual Funds by lamby(m): 3:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
ernie4life:

14% is unbelievable and too good to be true. what will the be investing the money into?
bonds go for 13% even MPR is 13%, so am wondering what the do with the money that gives them 14%. If we had a clue of what the do with the money then we will have more confidence to invest in it.

please give us more info on it am interested and if I have time I may go to there office.

Sorry I didn't see your post on time.
Their site states that they were formerly known as formerly NAL Asset Management and Trustees Limited)

It's like the have been registered with SEC since 1985

This is the link to their site

http://sterlingassetmgtandtrustees.com/assetmanagementproduct.php#

I just started with them last week friday.

Will like you to have a look and let me have your opinion because I will still like to add more to the fund
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
lamby:

Their site states that they were formerly known as formerly NAL Asset Management and Trustees Limited)

Will like you to have a look and let me have your opinion because I will still like to add more to the fund

Which of their fund are you investing in
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 7:20am On Mar 27, 2015
Folks,

I just made my 1st withdrawal from FBN Capital MMF and I got my money within 3 business days. It wasn't all a smooth ride due to no fault of theirs though. The Registrar sent back my form for irregular signature twice and we had to use alternative ways to get it resolved. They asked if I had shares with their registrar which is First Registrars and they just just used my signature there. One of the reasons why it pays to do business with the same family.

Disclosure: I bank with FBN, have shares in FBN Holdings, I use FBNCapital for some investments
Re: Mutual Funds by ednut1(m): 7:42am On Mar 27, 2015
carpenter:
Folks,

I just made my 1st withdrawal from FBN Capital MMF and I got my money within 3 business days. It wasn't all a smooth ride due to no fault of theirs though. The Registrar sent back my form for irregular signature twice and we had to use alternative ways to get it resolved. They asked if I had shares with their registrar which is First Registrars and they just just used my signature there. One of the reasons why it pays to do business with the same family.

Disclosure: I bank with FBN, have shares in FBN Holdings, I use FBNCapital for some investments
we have online redemption service free of charge in Stanbic, 24 hours d money lands in your account grin.
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 7:50am On Mar 27, 2015
ednut1:
we have online redemption service free of charge in Stanbic, 24 hours d money lands in your account grin.

Good to hear. That is quite cool!

However, is your 24 hours, 24 working hours which inturn translates to 3 working days or 24hours mean I put in today and I get it tomorrow?

I am tired of investment houses and bankers twisting words around so I also ask for clarification these days grin

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ednut1(m): 9:29am On Mar 27, 2015
carpenter:

Good to hear. That is quite cool!

However, is your 24 hours, 24 working hours which inturn translates to 3 working days or 24hours mean I put in today and I get it tomorrow?

I am tired of investment houses and bankers twisting words around so I also ask for clarification these days grin
get ur money tomrw grin, MM rates are cool for now, Arm has dusted fbn and stanbic despite having only 6billion, fbn-25b, stanbic 32b grin
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 10:15am On Mar 27, 2015
ednut1:

get ur money tomrw grin, MM rates are cool for now, Arm has dusted fbn and stanbic despite having only 6billion, fbn-25b, stanbic 32b grin

Now that is really cool!
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 11:19am On Mar 27, 2015
lamby:

from what's on the site it's portfolio management which is quite different from mutual funds, and of course portfolio management could pay you that much and more but nothing is guaranteed
Re: Mutual Funds by ednut1(m): 9:44am On Apr 10, 2015
PRODUCT NAME
YIELD (%)
ASSET UNDER MANAGEMENT (N)
STANBIC IBTC MONEY MARKET FUND 13.28 35,757,615,454.25
ARM MONEY MARKET FUND 13.09 6,514,186,224.79
THE FBN MONEY MARKET FUND 12.97 23,590,175,000.00

fbn tongue
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 5:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
ednut1:
PRODUCT NAME
YIELD (%)

fbn tongue

grin
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 5:22pm On Apr 10, 2015
Got paid my first dividends for FBN Fixed Income Fund, yield was 8.15% and capital has appreciated by 3.25%.

Dividends are paid twice in a year and I bought into the fund in December 2014.
Re: Mutual Funds by taiwoliu(m): 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
carpenter:
Got paid my first dividends for FBN Fixed Income Fund, yield was 8.15% and capital has appreciated by 3.25%.

Dividends are paid twice in a year and I bought into the fund in December 2014.
congrats boss, pls u v got a mail sir.
Re: Mutual Funds by princeuk21(m): 11:23pm On Apr 10, 2015
ednut1:
PRODUCT NAME
YIELD (%)

fbn tongue
first bank is going down too bad
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 4:01am On Apr 11, 2015
princeuk21:

what do you mean by first bank is going down?
Re: Mutual Funds by ednut1(m): 4:26am On Apr 11, 2015
princeuk21:
d diff is nt much, bt fbn rate was higher like last month. if u do a 60 day average . fbn rate is still higher. it may jump up to 13.50 nxt week. tho

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (318) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.