Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities (37747 Views)

FG Moves To Regulate Fees Charged By Tertiary Institutions / Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Varsities / List Private Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by adconline(m): 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
Average Naija lives on 30k-50k month. 450k/yr. Our annual GDP per capita is $3000=N400k. Minimum wage is 18k/month/216k/yr. Rich pastor doesn't care about poor folks, but I blame the poor for caring and enriching the pocket of someone who doesn't care about them.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by abdulwastecx(m): 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
asuustrike1: .
what do you want him to do because other christian schools charge similar rate but for him to say an average Nigeria spend N1m on burial is not a yardstick for such an outrageous fee

This nigga is on crack...These so called men of God are actually defrauding Nigeria gov't because yhe economy is structured in such a way that informal sector is more in volume. These informal economy escapes taxes from gov't and thesame informal sectot pay 10% of their income to these fraud.

Nigeria should imposed a 50% income tax on all churches and mosques in Nigeria
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by sarutobie(m): 6:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
UlqU3:

Moses, John the baptist, Hezekiah, Samuel, Elijah, Elisha etc... All greater prophets than oyedepo. Please name one who used church money to fund his own side business. When you claimed the "Lord called you" did He not tell you the job description(to spread his word) ? Stop justifying rubbish. Even the 12 disciples with all the power of the Holy Ghost couldve just conjured up billions and gone home but they chose to sacrifice earthly greed for the work of God. Its blind congregation like you who worship the pastor instead of God.

You keep saying "bla bla for free" like its the pastors money that bought the cement for the buildings or pays the lecturers. Every week politicians and the common man alike pay offering and tithe.. Where does the money go? Its pastors like this that discredit Christianity.
why did you conveniently forget to mention apostle paul who was into trading business and also making of tents? why did you forget to mention david or solomon who ruled kingdoms? no you wont, but you mentioned john the Baptist that fed on wild honey and locust and used animal hide for clothing. why didn't you mentiom joseph who was a governor of Egypt? they weren't called by God I guess?
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by bigtt76(f): 6:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
Listen ...no one is saying it should be free or equal to state or federal universities but at least make it affordable to all. There was a time when state universities were more or less elitists ...very expensive but they were no way better funded compared to federal universities.

How can you have the poor in your midst and yet charge so high that they cannot afford to send their kids there? Fine its a choice to be borne by all so I guess they had better announce in church that the place of worship is for the rich alone .....#mtscheeeeeeeeew

sarutobie:
so the private universities are better funded?? so you are saying the private universities offer better education and yet you want them to offer cheaper or equal charges to the federal and state universities wow!
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by joilin(f): 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
UlqU3:

Moses, John the baptist, Hezekiah, Samuel, Elijah, Elisha etc... All greater prophets than oyedepo. Please name one who used church money to fund his own side business. When you claimed the "Lord called you" did He not tell you the job description(to spread his word) ? Stop justifying rubbish. Even the 12 disciples with all the power of the Holy Ghost couldve just conjured up billions and gone home but they chose to sacrifice earthly greed for the work of God. Its blind congregation like you who worship the pastor instead of God.

You keep saying "bla bla for free" like its the pastors money that bought the cement for the buildings or pays the lecturers. Every week politicians and the common man alike pay offering and tithe.. Where does the money go? Its pastors like this that discredit Christianity.
Seconded my Dear. Any pastor using tithe and offering to enrich himself is a deceiver. If he wants to be a rich man he should do business let's see

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by sarutobie(m): 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
UlqU3:

the second part of your post is hilarious! you say politicians pay tithes, you say the cement used to build hostels are not from the pastor's pocket yet you still ask where the money the politicians give to the churches go to are you feigning dumb?
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by dinggle: 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
Oyedepo dey claim church, pastor Chris dey claim church ownership, T.B Joshua too! them forget the people wen pay tithe?
Nigerian govt need to look into church scams and pass laws to protect church goers. And the church goers need to be bold enough to demand receipt for tithe and offering or keep their money.
If your pastor uses body guard over protection of the blood of Jesus or holy ghost, You are being scammed!
If your pastor rides more than one car where there are poor people struggling in the church, you are being scammed!
If your pastor does not give weekly account of church tithe, offering and church balance, you are being scammed!
If your pastor has more than one house, you are being scammed!
If your pastor's children are oversea, you are being scammed!
If your pastor keeps saying your blessings are on the way, when all you need is N500,000 assistance from the church to start your business, you are being scammed!
If you are an usher in church and you are not being paid adequately to cater for your rent, feed, expenses and family you are being scammed!
If your pastor tells you, you are working for GOD you are being scammed.
If your pastor has a jet and every member of the church can not fly in it, you are being scammed!

Nigerians why don't you get it

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by creativemusic: 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
grin
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
TRIBUTE TO DAVID OF MY TIME:
DAVID OYEDEPO@6O.

Man of exploits, happy birthday!
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by sarutobie(m): 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
bigtt76: Listen ...no one is saying it should be free or equal to state or federal universities but at least make it affordable to all. There was a time when state universities were more or less elitists ...very expensive but they were no way better funded compared to federal universities.

How can you have the poor in your midst and yet charge so high that they cannot afford to send their kids there? Fine its a choice to be borne by all so I guess they had better announce in church that the place of worship is for the rich alone .....#mtscheeeeeeeeew

sentiment sentiment and more sentiments! my younger sister is studying English in abia state university, she pays about 150k per session (some faculties and departments pay almost double)..now since you agree the private universities shouldn't charge less or equal to the government owned universities, how much then will be "affordable"? 200k? 300k? maybe 400k? mind you a lot of people cant even afford the "cheap" 150k they charge for my sister's tuition in the government owned school..
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by destante(f): 6:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
Baddestguyp: the reason this argument exists is cos most Nigerians claim to worship God but instead worship their pastors. imagine someone called bishop Oyedepo a demi-god.

as for me, I dont care if he's fake or real as far as his message is real. if he likes he should create a business enterprise, all I need is his message which God inspired. God can still use a fake pastor to win a soul to His kingdom
Wow. Nicee. more like a sign post that leads people to a place and doesn't get there. However we shouldn't be too quick to tell who's fake and who's not.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by kblaze111: 6:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
i dont critize MOGs, but i know Jesus our role model would never have opened such an expensive school. He had love and pity for his followers, his would have been free or cheap.
IF U LIKE INSULT ME. THE TRUTH HURTS.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by QuiverBox(f): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
erico2k2:
SInce the school is built on the foundation of Christ, it should be a non profiting organization, the church which is the body of Christ is not meant to make profit in form of money rather to get rich in winning Souls for the Kingdom of God, any deviation for the above said is a quick lead to End time.

Who will run the generators, who will Pay the Lecutrers, who will maintain the enviroment, who wil pay the Non acedemic Staff, who will pay maintain the library.

I guess Christ will wil come down and finance the running of the Private University.

Since you are Christain / Moslem , wait for God to come down and pay you Bills, if u are a A Freethinker, stay and home and let your toughts pay the Bills, if u are a traditional Worshiper, wait for sango to foot ur bills.

I guess the MB you are using was sent to you from Heaven.

A Private University is like any Instituition accross the world it needs Money to Function.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Maximus85(m): 6:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
asuustrike1: .
what do you want him to do because other christian schools charge similar rate but for him to say an average Nigeria spend N1m on burial is not a yardstick for such an outrageous fee

First lie, An average Nigerian can't afford N1m for a burial. If you say the family consisting of 50people altogether can contribute for the burial. Not a single average Nigerian coming up with such huge money.

There is no excuse for charging such outrageous amount of money in the name of quality when the money used in creating the schools is from the tithe of these same people.

You receive free, give free. If you can't give free, don't make holes in their pockets.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Baddestguyp(m): 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
destante: Wow. Nicee. more like a sign post that leads people to a place and doesn't get there. However we shouldn't be too quick to tell who's fake and who's not.
Yh, I don't judge. I just don't care if anyone is real or fake

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by UlqU3(m): 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
sarutobie:
why did you conveniently forget to mention apostle paul who was into trading business and also making of tents? why did you forget to mention david or solomon who ruled kingdoms? no you wont, but you mentioned john the Baptist that fed on wild honey and locust and used animal hide for clothing. why didn't you mentiom joseph who was a governor of Egypt? they weren't called by God I guess?

My dear internet friend,

1) Paul was making tents and doing business BEFORE Jesus called him. (Go back and read my post again. I didn't ask who was working but who USED CHURCH FUNDS FOR HIS BUSINESS)

2) David and Solomon were KINGS not prophets/pastors. They were chosen to RULE the people not spread gospel.

3). Joseph was simply given the wisdom to interpret dreams. Does this make him a pastor/prophet? Was he a preacher

Smh @ your display of intellectual and biblical ineptitude.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Maximus85(m): 6:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
QuiverBox:

Who will run the generators, who will Pay the Lecutrers, who will maintain the enviroment, who wil pay the Non acedemic Staff, who will pay maintain the library.

I guess Christ will wil come down and finance the running of the Private University.

Since you are Christain / Moslem , wait for God to come down and pay you Bills, if u are a A Freethinker, stay and home and let your toughts pay the Bills, if u are a traditional Worshiper, wait for sango to foot ur bills.

A Private University is like any Instituition accross the world it needs Money to Function.

Maybe this is one of the brainwashed member. We are not saying it should be free. How much is the church receiving at the end of each month in the name of tithes? Most of them won't pay their Taxes but they pay tithe.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by bigpaul84: 6:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
this is naija for you. it is only in Nigeria and Africa that pastors enrich themselves at expense of their congregation. All these pastors do not have their congregation at heart, they are there to make money for themselves and families. come to think of it, where do they get the money they use in building the universities? is it not from the same church members but how many of the church members can afford d fee? very few, so sad. let us leave them for God.it is only God that knows his true servant
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Charles4075(m): 6:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hmm, op na debate you want here abi? Some go criticise, other go support. As for me, I nor get anything to talk concerning any pastor or church matter. So, passing by jare.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by QuiverBox(f): 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
Maximus85:

Maybe this is one of the brainwashed member. We are not saying it should be free. How much is the church receiving at the end of each month in the name of tithes? Most of them won't pay their Taxes but they pay tithe.

I am Catholic for your information.

Why worry over someone's business. If you are so concerned about what he is charging why don't you set up your church and build your University. The members of Living faith are paying the tithe and they are not complaining.

So I still don't understand why you Guys are complaining about.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by cybug: 6:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ah ah... Nigerians be drinking panadol for another man headache since 19... brukutu nobody.. cheesy
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Maximus85(m): 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
QuiverBox:

I am Catholic for your information.

Why worry over someone's business. If you are so concerned about what he is charging why don't you set up your church and build your University. The members of Living faith are paying the tithe and they are not complaining.

So I still don't understand why you Guys are complaining about.

I said "Maybe"
You catholics case is far different ooooo. You worship Mary. Not even God or Jesus.
#justsayingshaaa
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by olaeffect(m): 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
cole265:

Same, same, exactly is now happening in the church and that has made the outside/ govt. Less strange.
The church property is not distinguished from the over seer's / founder's property. God knows we shout, cry and frown at corrupt government practices of embezzlement and their not doing enough, especially in the education sector. As a result, they are becoming more cautious and at least, sometimes give explanation.
But for church Papas to use congregation (both poor and rich) money for further self enrichment, without consideration for the poor just like the govt will do, is the bone of contention.

Sir, I believe it is more expensive to run a university than to build one. Now do we expect the church to make the school affordable and the church should again be raising money every now and then to pay lecturer's?
I don't believe it is a must to attend private university. The issue of papa's using church wealth as if it is personal wealth is another topic entirely.
We talk like all the offering goes to the personal purse of the Bishop. Do you know how many people are on the payroll of LFC, a uncle of mine left KadPoly to join CU as a lecturer, so I know the pay must be good.

We are just looking at the school fees we are not looking at the salaries of all the staff. The salary LFC pays may equal that of some states in this country but all we talk about is the private jet and how the jet is to be sold to feed the poor. Remember the poor will always be with us, because some have vowed to remain poor.

If the members (some of whom are on scholarship) are not complaining, who are we to complain. Let any "full member" dispute this claim please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by TheAlchemist: 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
Please can anyone tell me which of the pentecostal churches in Nigeria has provided recreation parks for the public. I doubt you will find any pentecostal church getting involved in such venture, since there is no money to be made. They will rather invest in daycare centre, nurery and primary/secondary school or similar money making schemes, Church should be about giving, the tuition fee being charged in their various universities to be honest is rather on the high side. May God Almighty help the ordinary Nigerian who is not invovled "in ordinary stealing", How will he be able to send his chidren to such private universities?
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by sarutobie(m): 7:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
bigpaul84: this is naija for you. it is only in Nigeria and Africa that pastors enrich themselves at expense of their congregation. All these pastors do not have their congregation at heart, they are there to make money for themselves and families. come to think of it, where do they get the money they use in building the universities? is it not from the same church members but how many of the church members can afford d fee? very few, so sad. let us leave them for God.it is only God that knows his true servant
do you in all honesty believe that only "the poor people" come to these churches and pay tithes and give donations? someone in an earlier post even said politicians attend these churches and give their tithes and donations there..yet you still ask how the universities came to be?
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by koolg: 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
A man in tune with economic realities of the masses will not be making such analogies
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by QuiverBox(f): 7:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
Maximus85:

I said "Maybe"
You catholics case is far different ooooo. You worship Mary. Not even God or Jesus.
#justsayingshaaa

Even if I worship Rocks, I still maintain what I have said.

Covenant University has produced quality graduate , yet you guys are still hating.

Since you worship God or Jesus , why have you not setup your church and opened you University?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by sarutobie(m): 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
TheAlchemist: Please can anyone tell me which of the pentecostal churches in Nigeria has provided recreation parks for the public. I doubt you will find any pentecostal church getting involved in such venture, since there is no money to be made. They will rather invest in daycare centre, nurery and primary/secondary school or similar money making schemes, Church should be about giving, the tuition fee being charged in their various universities to be honest is rather on the high side. May God Almighty help the ordinary Nigerian who is not invovled "in ordinary stealing", How will he be able to send his chidren to such private universities?
recreational parks right? dont worry they will provide electricity, water, infact they will build roads for you..why not tell them to take over the responsibility of your government? There isnt enough schools in the country, and the ones available are sometimes underfunded.You wont ask your government for more input but you will tackle a church that decides to provide citadels of learning for the people by saying "too expensive" meanwhile a cheaper public school in lagos charged 250k tuition fees and the people went beserk..so dont come here claiming like everyone can even afford the cheaper government funded public universities.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by erico2k2(m): 7:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
QuiverBox:

Next time try and do a little bit of baground B4 you quote people, FYI I livein England so words like MB dont apply to me,
back to the question,I used the term NON profit Organization, if you understand what that means you wont ask all them questions you just did, just to prove a point of how ignorant People are in the third world countries like ours, Check Cancer UK,RSPC,Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, ask yourself how they fund their services and pay staffs, then there goes your Answer.If the churche's aim is to bring up young men and women as graduate in the ways of the Lord then there must be a sole purpose to that effect only and profits made should be re-invested into the total Educational system not just the ones of the church now that's what I call Soul winning.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by erico2k2(m): 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
olaeffect:

Sir, I believe it is more expensive to run a university than to build one. Now do we expect the church to make the school affordable and the church should again be raising money every now and then to pay lecturer's?
I don't believe it is a must to attend private university. The issue of papa's using church wealth as if it is personal wealth is another topic entirely.
We talk like all the offering goes to the personal purse of the Bishop. Do you know how many people are on the payroll of LFC, a uncle of mine left KadPoly to join CU as a lecturer, so I know the pay must be good.

We are just looking at the school fees we are not looking at the salaries of all the staff. The salary LFC pays may equal that of some states in this country but all we talk about is the private jet and how the jet is to be sold to feed the poor. Remember the poor will always be with us, because some have vowed to remain poor.

If the members (some of whom are on scholarship) are not complaining, who are we to complain. Let any "full member" dispute this claim please.
I respect your views but dont you think them reasons you gave up there are the same reasons we should leave the Business of Uni to Business Men and Gods work to churches?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
So this heartless man uses money from 80% of his congregation to build universities that 80% of them cannot attend ??
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by cole265(m): 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
blowjohn:

The church didn't build dat skul for its congregation. And d church doesn't preach dat type of charity! D skul is for raising pple of excellence in all ramifications. Not for showcasing d gospel!

Oh ho!...now I know. good then.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel / 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics / JAMB Announces Date For 2019 Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.