Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

The Return Of The Dreaded POLICE CHECK POINTS - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Return Of The Dreaded POLICE CHECK POINTS (569 Views)

The Dreaded Boko Haram Sect Have Reportedly Taken Over Bama, Borno State, Accord / Re-emergence Of Police Check Points / Police Check Point At Ikorodu After Lagos Polythechnic By Intercontinental Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Return Of The Dreaded POLICE CHECK POINTS by MVLOX(m): 10:42am On Sep 21, 2014
Recently my attention has been drawn to the recent return of police check points both on inland roads and on highways. Something tells me that it has to do with the recent change of the inspector general of police. I travelled recently and I could bet I came across 5 checkpoints with the driver dropping the sum of 50 Naira at each points of collection. A friend who travelled to Osun state recently also complained of same system of collection from theNigeria police force. From my observation their system is still same as old ie they position their selves close to a bad spot on a road or they either just park at the side of the road and wait on till dark to commence operation collections. for example in my state and locality, keke napep riders are the major victims at nite as they ( the police ) look for any excuse to apprehend them. The minimum bail fee is a thousand Naira . Guys please share your comments about the check point situation in your area.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News:chibok Girls Released / Obasanjo Registers For Phd At National Open University / Is HALLOWEEN Overrated In Nigeria??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.