Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,474 members, 7,781,383 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:31 PM

Help Car Jerks - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Car Jerks (1812 Views)

Car Jerks After Driving Through Puddles / Car Jerks When Put In Gear / Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Car Jerks by chuksbogus: 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
pls I have a Toyota corolla 99.pls when I move or enter gallop the car kind of jerk as if it's cutting fuel and the the sound and speedometer gauge also jerks. a times when am stationary and bangs the car door you will notice a skip in the sound and the RPM gauge and speedometer.pls what could be the problem pls
Re: Help Car Jerks by mayor2013: 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
The problem is your car needs to be scanned to get the cause. A 1000+ things could allow a car jerk but inorder to be sure please run a scan. A fault code would be given to you. Post the fault codes here
Re: Help Car Jerks by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 22, 2014
It could be a vaccuum hose leak.Most likely cause.All it takes is a crack to form in one of the vacuum lines,IE;your brake booster line,your pcv valve line.Oh yeah,try replacing the PCV valve.That may be stuck in one postion.Make sure the air cleaner box and cover are secure,and check the air intake snorkel from the air cleaner to the engine.I know my corolla will not run with the air snorkel off,cause I tried running it without the air cleaner on.I had it off because I was trying to spray fuel system cleaner directly into the throttle body while it was running,and it wouldn't even run as soon as I tried starting it.So,if there's a crack in the accordion hose between the air cleaner and engine,that will cause it to idle like that.Given the age of the vehicle,I wouldn't be surprised if it has a crack somewhere in one of the vacuum lines or air snorkle.Replace the spark plugs and wires for good measure too,cause tune-ups should really be done every 2-3 years,or every 30,000 miles.Get new spark plugs,spark plug wires,PCV valve,air filter,and don't worry about the fuel filter cause it's in the gas tank.You should also have the automatic transmission serviced and your cooling system serviced with every tune-up too.They flush all the old coolant and a/t fluid out.My car doesn't have spark plug wires cause it's a 2001.2000-up is all one igniton coil per cylinder.Your air filter may be dirty, that's another cause.The spark plugs are probably carboned up and fouled with unburnt gas if it's been running like this for a while,so you should definitely replace them,but they should be rreplaced anyways cause like I said,they should be changed every 2-3 years,or about every 30,000 miles.A complete tune-up should be performed every 30,000-40,000 miles.If you do a lot of highway,you could maybe get away with every 40,000 miles.Definitely change the oil and filter with every tune-up and every 3,000 miles,even though toyota recommends every 5,000 miles.If you do a lot of highway,you can get away with every 5,000.I do mine every 3,000.
So,I would recommend a complete tune-up,and oil change.It's due for one.Have the tech check all your vacuum lines too.
If the tune-up doesn't clear it up,it could be a bad igniton coil.You have 1 for all 4 cylinders cause it's a 1999.That would make the check engine light come on though.It could be a bad fuel injector too.You may have a weak fuel injector on one or more cylinders.That wouldn't make the light come on.You should still do the tune-up though.It wouldn't hurt it any,and it should have one again after going 4 years since the last one.If you can afford it,have them do a fuel system service too.The best stuf to use to clean out your fuel system is a product called Seafoam.You add it to your gas.You can have the mechanic put it directly into your intake system thru the brake booster line,but it has to be done a certain way to avoid hydrolocking the engine.Hydrolock is when too much liquid ends up in the cylinder and liquid doesn't compress,and that's very catastophic to an engine's internals,cause since the seafoam cannot compress,it will bend your connceting rods and wreck your piston,so that seafoam has to be sucked into the vacuum system at a very high idle so the engine burns it faster than it gets sucked in.Sucking it directly into the vacuum system is a lot more effective than just putting the seafoam in the gas.
Vacuum leaks are huge cause of driveablity problems,and they don't always set a code,which makes the light come on.A weak or dirty fuel injector wouldn't always make it illuminate either.
Re: Help Car Jerks by chuksbogus: 7:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
thanks people I was able to see the fault. while I was checking my car in December morning to leave I mistakenly pushed the battery and the sound reduced and came up immediately I tried it again and same thing happens. I noticed that the battery in turn pushes the fuse bus when bushed, so I opened the fused bus and started hitting on each fuse to make them attach well, then I noticed that one if the fuse a big one is some how shaky so when I fixed it tight that the end of the problem till date. thanks

(1) (Reply)

Lamborghini Huracan As A Police Car In America / Lexus Cars Vs Lexus Cars / Pls Help..honda Accord Power Steering Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.