Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

gods In Anomabo Ghana Love Human Excreta.......interesting!!!!!!!!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / gods In Anomabo Ghana Love Human Excreta.......interesting!!!!!!!!!! (1055 Views)

People What Has Happened To Roberts Liardon The Author Of Gods Generals / Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. / Yoruba gods In Human Form. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

gods In Anomabo Ghana Love Human Excreta.......interesting!!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 2:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sanitation has become a major problem in Ghana in recent times. Many reasons have been assigned for the insanitary conditions that have engulfed virtually every community in the country.
Anomabo

It is 8.23 a.m. on Wednesday, September 10, 2014. Men, women and children of all ages squat at the landing beach at Anomabo defecating.

The stench there is unbearable.

A few yards away from the faeces, fishmongers dress fishes caught by fishermen from the sea, in readiness for sale. Also, women cook the popular Fante dish, etsew, in make-shift wooden kitchens erected close by. There are some women selling bread and some kind of porridge at the beach.

Half-naked children run by, fall down in the process, get up and clear the beach sand from their bodies with their hands and jump about playfully. The children who get smeared with faeces as they fall, quickly dash for the oncoming waves, wash the faeces off and go back to play. The adults “meander” through the faeces on the beach with much skill to avoid stepping into them.

Some fishermen mend their nets while others pull their fishing vessels from the sea onto the beach. While they do this, they sing popular Fante songs.

A stranger to this beach has to walk carefully with his or her eyes wide open to avoid stepping into “land mines.” But it is clear that the fisher folk do not see anything wrong with their surroundings.
The role of superstition

About 70 yards from the landing beach, there is a modern 10-seater water closet facility constructed for the fisher folk by the Mfantsiman Municipal Assembly. But they are not interested. And why should they be? Their gods would be angry with them if they do not defecate on the beach.

“Two of the gods in this town - Ekitsaba and Obosantsi, demand that we defecate on the beaches,” 28-year-old Akomea Sekyi, a fisherman, told the Daily Graphic. “You see, they use the faeces to produce fish for us. Anytime we stop defecating they get angry and our catch is very low. What is worse, they kill”.

A few years ago, some employees of Zoomlion used to clean the beach. One of their supervisors gave an edict that no one should defecate on the beach. We made him aware of the consequences of that decree but he ignored us. We complied. But a few days later the gods got angry and killed that Zoomlion supervisor. In fact, a few minutes before he died, he intimated that one of the gods appeared in the form of a human being and attacked him.

“In the past seven years, Obosantsi alone has killed three people for trying to stop the practice. So as for defecating on the beach, we cannot stop,” he said shamelessly.

The Deputy Apofohen (Deputy Chief Fisherman) at Anomabo, Mr Thompson Enninful, confirmed that the gods liked faeces and demanded it from them. However, he said, the fisher folk had been directed to defecate only at designated places at the beach where the gods were known to operate.

“We have erected a red flag at some places to show that defecating at those places is unacceptable but people will just not comply,” he said.

Asked why the fisher folk declined to use the 10-seater toilet facility, he said they could not afford to pay the 50 pesewas charged and also because the facility closed at 10 p.m. and opened at 5.30 am.

“Even if we had the money, what happens when someone wants to use the facility after 10 p.m.,” he asked.

But the caretaker of the toilet, Mr Eric Kwesi Biney, told the Daily Graphic that the fisher folk would not use the facility even if it was opened for 24 hours every day.

He, however, said the facility could not be opened for 24 hours because as a caretaker, he had to make way for the gods to use the facility, adding that they (the gods) used the toilet from 11.30 p.m to 3a.m.

“At about midnight on a certain day, as caretaker, I visited the facility. There was nobody here, I was alone. Suddenly one of the gods emerged in the shape of a woman and warned me never to come to the facility at midnight. The god explained that they used the facility from 11.30pm to 3 a.m,” he said.
http://www.google.com.gh/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgraphic.com.gh%2Ffeatures%2Ffeatures%2F30923-anomabo-residents-defecate-along-beaches-to-pacify-gods.html&ei=7sseVMOuBI35aNK7gLgI&usg=AFQjCNHxzRjNKvsobX8pkhxVTHSIUD1HFw&bvm=bv.75775273,d.d2s

Re: gods In Anomabo Ghana Love Human Excreta.......interesting!!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 2:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
and people serve these dirty gods? embarassed
Re: gods In Anomabo Ghana Love Human Excreta.......interesting!!!!!!!!!! by Preciousgirl(f): 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
*spits*
Re: gods In Anomabo Ghana Love Human Excreta.......interesting!!!!!!!!!! by coolebux(m): 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
He, however, said the facility could not be opened for 24 hours because as a caretaker, he had to make way for the gods to use the facility, adding that they (the gods) used the toilet from 11.30 p.m to 3a.m.

“At about midnight on a certain day, as caretaker, I visited the facility. There was nobody here, I was alone. Suddenly one of the gods emerged in the shape of a woman and warned me never to come to the facility at midnight. The god explained that they used the facility from 11.30pm to 3 a.m,” he said.

[/quote]

Blind folded men
Your gods demands that you defecate in the open air
While they use the modernized facility

Very soon tourists will queue to defecate on this evil beach. ;DHe, however, said the facility could not be opened for 24 hours because as a caretaker, he had to make way for the gods to use the facility, adding that they (the gods) used the toilet from 11.30 p.m to 3a.m.

[/quote]

Blind folded men

Very soon tourists will queue to defecate on this evil beach ;DHe, however, said the facility could not be opened for 24 hours because as a caretaker, he had to make way for the gods to use the facility, adding that they (the gods) used the toilet from 11.30 p.m to 3a.m.

[/quote]

Blind folded men

Very soon tourists will queue to defecate on this evil beach. ;DHe, however, said the facility could not be opened for 24 hours because as a caretaker, he had to make way for the gods to use the facility, adding that they (the gods) used the toilet from 11.30 p.m to 3a.m.

[/quote]

Blind folded men

Very soon tourists will queue to defecate on this evil beach ;DHe, however, said the facility could not be opened for 24 hours because as a caretaker, he had to make way for the gods to use the facility, adding that they (the gods) used the toilet from 11.30 p.m to 3a.m.

[/quote]

Blind folded men

[/quote]

Blind folded men

[/quote]

Blind folded men

[/quote]

Blind folded men

Very soon tourists will queue to defecate on this evil beach
Re: gods In Anomabo Ghana Love Human Excreta.......interesting!!!!!!!!!! by PastorOluT(m): 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
I stayed iin Ghana for sometime n I tell this is true, those people are so religious even more than Nigerians Ii tell u.

Note I said religious n not spiritual!
Re: gods In Anomabo Ghana Love Human Excreta.......interesting!!!!!!!!!! by coolebux(m): 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2014

[/quote]

Blind folded men

Very soon tourists will queue to defecate on this evil beach. grin
Re: gods In Anomabo Ghana Love Human Excreta.......interesting!!!!!!!!!! by iamord(m): 3:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
What a story!!! So which do they prefer. Not having fish to eat or cholera that is already ravaging their suburbs. Its shameful the Way this traditional practices go without being checked, reformed and modernized, are there not gods and deities associated to cleanliness and purity in their tradition? Why don't they emulate those ones. In mexico the aztecs had a cleanliness god. They honored him by keeping their environment clean religiously. For me the folk tale and superstition is just an avenue for them to continue with their dirty habit. The zoomlion agent was not killed by the god but one of their own trying to keep the old dirty tradition burning. This is where innovative thinking is needed and sadly the metropolitan assembly and ga traditional chiefs are lacking that.

1 Like

Re: gods In Anomabo Ghana Love Human Excreta.......interesting!!!!!!!!!! by AfricanApple(f): 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
pls leave them to serve their shit-god o

dat kain wicked god wey want make person die of disease
Re: gods In Anomabo Ghana Love Human Excreta.......interesting!!!!!!!!!! by Preciousgirl(f): 4:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
iamord: What a story!!! So which do they prefer. Not having fish to eat or cholera that is already ravaging their suburbs. Its shameful the Way this traditional practices go without being checked, reformed and modernized, are there not gods and deities associated to cleanliness and purity in their tradition? Why don't they emulate those ones. In mexico the aztecs had a cleanliness god. They honored him by keeping their environment clean religiously. For me the folk tale and superstition is just an avenue for them to continue with their dirty habit. The zoomlion agent was not killed by the god but one of their own trying to keep the old dirty tradition burning. This is where innovative thinking is needed and sadly the metropolitan assembly and ga traditional chiefs are lacking that.

exactly my thoughts

3 Likes

Re: gods In Anomabo Ghana Love Human Excreta.......interesting!!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 10:50am On Sep 22, 2014
AfricanApple: pls leave them to serve their shit-god o

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: gods In Anomabo Ghana Love Human Excreta.......interesting!!!!!!!!!! by Sheenor: 11:49am On Sep 23, 2014
Gosh!
Re: gods In Anomabo Ghana Love Human Excreta.......interesting!!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 11:44am On Jan 27, 2019
AfricanApple:
pls leave them to serve their shit-god o

grin

(1) (Reply)

What is love / The Largest Religions In The World / Christians Are The Reasons Why Buddhism Exists :(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.