Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications (25464 Views)

Phds At Mckinsey (or other Consultancies) in Nigeria? / His Mckinsey Interview / Mckinsey First Round Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Anjiola: 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hi all!

I applied for an Associate position at McKinsey about a month ago and was invited to take the PST. Just heard I passed the PST last week smiley and I'm now preparing for the first round Case interviews which will be in a few weeks. Anyone else in a similar position? Let's rub minds!

3 Likes

Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
Anjiola: Hi all!

I applied for an Associate position at McKinsey about a month ago and was invited to take the PST. Just heard I passed the PST last week smiley and I'm now preparing for the first round Case interviews which will be in a few weeks. Anyone else in a similar position? Let's rub minds!

Goodluck, grin
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by MissJennifer(f): 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
Three7Ty9:

Goodluck, grin

This your grin eh...
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Anjiola: 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2014
Thanks guys! I will share my experience after the interviews.x
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by ababio1: 8:00am On Sep 23, 2014
Hey man.. all d best.. u wud have 2-3 interviews in d first round with associates nd Engagement Managers. They wud test u on your leadership nd also on a business case..if u avent already done so, den dowoad Case in Point by Marc Cosentino and also download MBA case books to practice..also log on to consultingcase101(dot)com to find practice partners on Skype..d interviews r not difficult.. especially because dey r interviewer-led..dey wud give u a case about a company's profit decline and how u can help dem icrease it..or a case about a taxi driver, and how he can increase sales..or case about a mayor and how he can tame care of motherless kids..these r d kind of stuffs u shud expect..if u r successful, den u wud meet wt 3 partners and dey wud follow d same pattern..except dat d cases may not be very long as in d first round..after dis, dey wud call u to give u an offer by God's grace..

For more help, reach me on 081.798.776.9..i wud be glad to help..I met wt d partners but didnt get d offer..coz dey said I spoke too fast for their non-Nigerian cliets..best of luck

9 Likes

Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Saifullah01: 11:22am On Sep 24, 2014
Hello I was asked to send in my transcript and co before the invite, any idea how much they pay analyst or associates there, coz I'll need to know if it means me moving to Lagos.

PS op u can pm me so that we discuss further.
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by ababio1: 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
Saifullah..see u can send in unofficial transcripts for now..i mean u can just list out the courses you took and your grades..dats okay for now..d salary is really gokd..i dont know exactly.. but u shud move to Lagos if u get d job coz d salary is nore dan enuf for dat..for now focus only on d job..d interviews r really challenging and dats d most important part now..forget d cash..download materials AND PREPARE..BEST OF LUCK

1 Like

Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Anjiola: 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hi @Saifullah01, you should try and get your official transcripts or atleast a printout from your uni and everything else they ask for as McKinsey uses everything (Application form, CV, Cover letter, School grades(transcript), leadership questionnaire ETC) to make a decision on whether to invite you for the PST.

I wouldnt worry about moving to Lagos just yet if I were you wink I mean you're not even sure you will be invited for the PST yet, so take it all in small steps, we're still far off from getting into Mckinsey. Last year about 201,000 candidates applied to Mckinsey, and only about 2000 recieved offers, that's about 1% or 1 in 100. So take it in steps, when you are about to receive the offer, that will be a good time to decide whether you should move to Lagos tongue

In terms of Salary, not sure about Analysts. But for Associates, I heard from a friend who worked there in Admin that its over 1m and great benefits like Car, business class travel on biz trips to exciting places etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Anjiola: 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
ababio1: Hey man.. all d best.. u wud have 2-3 interviews in d first round with associates nd Engagement Managers. They wud test u on your leadership nd also on a business case..if u avent already done so, den dowoad Case in Point by Marc Cosentino and also download MBA case books to practice..also log on to consultingcase101(dot)com to find practice partners on Skype..d interviews r not difficult.. especially because dey r interviewer-led..dey wud give u a case about a company's profit decline and how u can help dem icrease it..or a case about a taxi driver, and how he can increase sales..or case about a mayor and how he can tame care of motherless kids..these r d kind of stuffs u shud expect..if u r successful, den u wud meet wt 3 partners and dey wud follow d same pattern..except dat d cases may not be very long as in d first round..after dis, dey wud call u to give u an offer by God's grace..
For more help, reach me on 081.798.776.9..i wud be glad to help..I met wt d partners but didnt get d offer..coz dey said I spoke too fast for their non-Nigerian cliets..best of luck

@ababio, thanks for your reply, but REALLY??, McKinsey didnt give you an offer because they said you spoke too fast for their non-Nigerian clients?? That seems very far-fetched. They let a great candidate go just because of how you spoke? What, they couldn't tell you to speak slower.. cheesy Mckinsey is hardly the place that will you give such a blase feedback, such a global company will have people with vast accents and language skills from allover the world. Besides it will be a legal case of discrimination if they gave such a feedback. I think its more about how well you solved the cases than anything else.

Just my thoughts

3 Likes

Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Saifullah01: 4:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
Thanks for ur feedback guys, the reason I ask was am not based in Lagos and flight and hotel bills for the test and interviews (if I get invited) won't be small, and besides I already work with a multinational up here in the north with official car and what. But McKinsey is a good company to work with and great challenges it gives u. But as u guys said ' let's not put the cart before the horse' but then my people will say 'kar ka fara abinda bazaka gama ba' (don't start what u won't finish)

Anyway GOODLUCK anji I ll also give it a short.

2 Likes

Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by ababio1: 7:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
Anjiola:

@ababio, thanks for your reply, but REALLY??, McKinsey didnt give you an offer because they said you spoke too fast for their non-Nigerian clients?? That seems very far-fetched. They let a great candidate go just because of how you spoke? What, they couldn't tell you to speak slower.. cheesy Mckinsey is hardly the place that will you give such a blase feedback, such a global company will have people with vast accents and language skills from allover the world. Besides it will be a legal case of discrimination if they gave such a feedback. I think its more about how well you solved the cases than anything else.

Just my thoughts

Anjiola, I hear you..I told you what they said and you dispute! Why should I come and lie here..d truth is dat when d competition is so stiff..dey av to pull back some pple and so any excuse wud do..i interviewed flr d YLP and i think dey only wanted 4 pple since it was a special program.. d feedback was dat "you did mostly well on d cases but d partners r worried dat you speak tok fast and we think there would be a problem with our non-Nigerian clients in understanding you.". So please stop talking all this legal things or whatever..i hope u get d job..but if u don't den u wud appreciate nd understand my POV..all d best

2 Likes

Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by ababio1: 7:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
Anjiola: Hi @Saifullah01, you should try and get your official transcripts or atleast a printout from your uni and everything else they ask for as McKinsey uses everything (Application form, CV, Cover letter, School grades(transcript), leadership questionnaire ETC) to make a decision on whether to invite you for the PST.
I wouldnt worry about moving to Lagos just yet if I were you wink I mean you're not even sure you will be invited for the PST yet, so take it all in small steps, we're still far off from getting into Mckinsey. Last year about 201,000 candidates applied to Mckinsey, and only about 2000 recieved offers, that's about 1% or 1 in 100. So take it in steps, when you are about to receive the offer, that will be a good time to decide whether you should move to Lagos tongue
In terms of Salary, not sure about Analysts. But for Associates, I heard from a friend who worked there in Admin that its over 1m and great benefits like Car, business class travel on biz trips to exciting places etc.

Anjiola, all dese tins u r saying about McKinsey Lagos r not accurate..McKinsey Lagos invited evry1 who submitted all required documents.. dey dont screen d leadership questions.. dats because dey dont av as many applicants as New York or some oda place abroad..see I know dis coz I submitted my documents nd den mailed HR(Abi is her name) nd dey scheduled me for a test immediately..secondly McKinsey Lagos is not as competitive as McKinsey offices in US or Europe..so ur statistic of 1% is not reflective of Nigeria..as long as u r on d general BA or Associate level u wud get d offer..d partners fully understand dis point..dey previously did d PST for 1hr but almost nobody cud pass it..dat y dey had to increase it to 1hr 30mins so dat dey can at least av pple to interview..dont be too gingered..just prepare hard..i hope u get d offer tho
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Anjiola: 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
ababio1:
Anjiola, all dese tins u r saying about McKinsey Lagos r not accurate..McKinsey Lagos invited evry1 who submitted all required documents.. dey dont screen d leadership questions.. dats because dey dont av as many applicants as New York or some oda place abroad..see I know dis coz I submitted my documents nd den mailed HR(Abi is her name) nd dey scheduled me for a test immediately..secondly McKinsey Lagos is not as competitive as McKinsey offices in US or Europe..so ur statistic of 1% is not reflective of Nigeria..as long as u r on d general BA or Associate level u wud get d offer..d partners fully understand dis point..dey previously did d PST for 1hr but almost nobody cud pass it..dat y dey had to increase it to 1hr 30mins so dat dey can at least av pple to interview..dont be too gingered..just prepare hard..i hope u get d offer tho

@Ababio, the application stats refer to McKinsey Global, not just Nigeria. And certainly NOT everyone who applies to the McKinsey gets invited to the PST. I have personal friends who were not. Check out the blogs below for more info.

http://targetjobs.co.uk/employer-hubs/mckinsey-company/322245-how-to-prepare-for-the-mckinsey-problem-solving-test

http://igotanoffer.com/blogs/mckinseypst/14711985-33-of-candidates-pass-the-mckinsey-pst

1 Like

Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Saifullah01: 10:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
ababio1:

..dey previously did d PST for 1hr but almost nobody cud pass it..dat y dey had to increase it to 1hr 30mins so dat dey can at least av pple to interview..tho

I think I can relate to this..... Funny though
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Ayoyinka1: 7:31am On Nov 14, 2014
Anjiola:
Hi all!

Hi Anjiola, I hope your case interviews went great?! I am also preparing for the PST scheduled to take place soon. Can I please have your phone number because there are some preparation tips I would like to get from you.

Best Regards,
Ayoyinka.
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by dawealthiestman(m): 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2014
Anjiola:
Hi all!

Hi Anjiola,
Good luck. Case in Point is a great place to start for the interview.

I had written the test last month but was unsuccessful. I would love to connect with you on how best to prepare because I wanna write it after NYSC next year.

Thanks.
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Anjiola: 2:16pm On Nov 14, 2014
Hi Ayoyinka...u can drop your email address here and I will send you an email. I just scheduled my first case interviews and will have them shortly. Thanks
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Anjiola: 2:19pm On Nov 14, 2014
@dawealthiestman. .Thank you! You cant find me anywhere in Lagos without my Case in Point these days..smiley
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Ayoyinka1: 10:39am On Nov 15, 2014
Anjiola:
Hi Ayoyinka...u can drop your email address here and I will send you an email. I just scheduled my first case interviews and will have them shortly. Thanks
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Ayoyinka1: 10:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
Anjiola:

Hey Anjiola,

Id really like to hear from you Asap. Im scheduled to write the test in a couple of days.
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Victosin09(f): 10:17am On Nov 17, 2014
Anjiola:
Hi all!

I applied for an Associate position at McKinsey about a month ago and was invited to take the PST. Just heard I passed the PST last week smiley and I'mnow preparing for the first round Case interviews which will be in a few weeks. Anyone else in a similar position? Let's rub minds!
Hi, Congrats on scaling through the PST test. Hope your interview went well...Please I'd need Mckinsey's PST practice question. Although I'm yet to send in my cv, I believe I'll definitely find it needful. Thanks.
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by luvola(m): 1:30pm On Nov 17, 2014
I also applied for d job but couldn't submit my transcript and am yet to get reply from them for pst test invite.
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 28, 2014
Anjiola:
@dawealthiestman. .Thank you! You cant find me anywhere in Lagos without my Case in Point these days..smiley

Hi. I tried sending a PM but that didn't work. My email is dolapobello1@yahoo.com

I would like to ask a few questions about the case interviews. how did they go?
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hello Anjiola, ababio and others that have experience with the mckinsey pst as well as the recruitment process. I want to apply to the Mckinsey next year so any information regarding how to tailor d cv/cover letter to the taste of the company as well as other recruitment details will be highly appreciated. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Owodola: 11:25am On Feb 24, 2015
Anjiola:
Hi all!

Hello Anjiola,

I am writing the McKinsey PST tomorrow at the Lagos Office. I hope I pass it. How was your case interview? Please share tips and insight with me via difad008@yahoo.com
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by sassydust(f): 12:13pm On Mar 30, 2015
hey guys, i was invited to apply for a management consultant position, and i sent in my documents yesterday. its funny tho, cos i wrote their PST in 300 level in university then (twas for an hour or less i think) and i didn't pass. though a classmate of mine that passed and got to the interview stage posted on his blog about it, and it sounded really tough.

it would be surprising to find out that they relaxed their process a bit honestly, but hey, its better for all of us.
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Deeldorado: 10:33am On Apr 06, 2015
ababio1:
Hey man.. all d best.. u wud have 2-3 interviews in d first round with associates nd Engagement Managers. They wud test u on your leadership nd also on a business case..if u avent already done so, den dowoad Case in Point by Marc Cosentino and also download MBA case books to practice..also log on to consultingcase101(dot)com to find practice partners on Skype..d interviews r not difficult.. especially because dey r interviewer-led..dey wud give u a case about a company's profit decline and how u can help dem icrease it..or a case about a taxi driver, and how he can increase sales..or case about a mayor and how he can tame care of motherless kids..these r d kind of stuffs u shud expect..if u r successful, den u wud meet wt 3 partners and dey wud follow d same pattern..except dat d cases may not be very long as in d first round..after dis, dey wud call u to give u an offer by God's grace..

Oga o, I was invited by Mckinsey to submit an application 2 weeks ago. Hoping to be invited to take the PST. Could you drop your digits or Facebook name or e-mail address so I could contact you for guidance. I will be grateful if you do.
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by AlphaNerd(m): 10:20am On Apr 20, 2015
Anjiola:

Hey Anjiola, just wanted to find out what stage of the Mck recruitment you are in at present? Btw what @ababio1 said is mostly true, since I know a lot about the YLP he applied for and also Case in Point is over rated, get better resources. Best wishes.
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by jamanuka: 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
Queensly123:
Hello Anjiola, ababio and others that have experience with the mckinsey pst as well as the recruitment process. I want to apply to the Mckinsey next year so any information regarding how to tailor d cv/cover letter to the taste of the company as well as other recruitment details will be highly appreciated. Thank you in anticipation.
Pls Anjiola and Ababio can you help on this?
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by davide470(m): 8:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
Deeldorado:

, I was invited by Mckinsey to submit an application 2 weeks ago. Hoping to be invited to take the PST. Could you drop your digits or Facebook name or e-mail address so I could contact you for guidance. I will be grateful if you do.
Hey bro, we fall in the same category, I think. Have you been invited for the PST yet?
Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
I applied while i was concluding my msc in the states last year, it was a position in dallas i think. After 16 days, omo d lady stylishly sent an email telling me though my resume is impressive, my set of skills does not meet what they re hiring for(a specialized opening) . Anyway learnt two lessons: apply to a region where u have a permit to work, secondly, apply for a generic post like management consultant. For those invited please when are u writing the pst And as anyother person being invited. Omo i no know say mckinsey tough pass mobil recruitment. God go help us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 17, 2015
leadzeal:
I applied while i was concluding my msc in the states last year, it was a position in dallas i think. After 16 days, omo d lady stylishly sent an email telling me though my resume is impressive, my set of skills does not meet what they re hiring for(a specialized opening) . Anyway learnt two lessons: apply to a region where u have a permit to work, secondly, apply for a generic post like management consultant. For those invited please when are u writing the pst And as anyother person being invited. Omo i no know say mckinsey tough pass mobil recruitment. God go help us.

LOL. Their process na dieeee grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Don’t Nigerian Employers Adopt Hourly Pay? / Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training / Top5 Jobs That Pay More Than Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.