Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,453 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

How Much Is 'paying' Their Salary? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Is 'paying' Their Salary? (548 Views)

An Investment Site That Has Stood Test Of Time Paying Their Clients / An Investment Site That Has Stood The Test Of Time And Paying Their Clients / Sefteg Is Paying Investors Back (Liquidation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is 'paying' Their Salary? by vividfinger: 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
I have been witness to this many times.

It happened again on Friday afternoon.
I needed to make an enquiry at the customer care desk in the bank.
I met a queue at her front and joined.

At an average, two minutes was the time she spent attending to a customer.

Now, she attended to this particular customer for about 4-5 minutes; having done with the customer, she excused herself and stood up.

The young man at my front became annoyed, he started talking and ranting . The statement that caught my attention was "I pay your salary".
Each time I hear people say this in bank, I feel/believe they have hundreds of millions in their account.

The lady at the customer care desk became embarrased and uncomfortable.
Immediately she asked 'what can I do for you sir?'
The man needed his account balance, the lady wrote it on a paper and handed it to the young man; at this time, all eyes were on her, she was still nervous and never bothered or remembered to fold the paper (or cover the figures) in which she wrote the young man's account balance .

At this point, the queue was disorganized and I was standing at the young man's right hand side.
I carefully read through the digits on the paper, and read a balance of less than 17k.

I hate to say such statement to a banker, even if I have the kinda money taken to S.A in Orisa's jet.

Was the young man right to say he pays the lady's salary, with less than 17k in his account?

If not, how 'fat' should one's account be to justify such statement to a banker in the banking hall?

(1) (Reply)

Just Incase You Need Any Of These Services. / Has China Overtaken The US As The World's Largest Economy ? / November Splash! November Splash!! November Splash!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.