Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu (38227 Views)

Awolowo's Strategy Is The Only Way To End Bokoharam Insurgency / Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC / “jonathan’s Government Was totally Unprepared For Bokoharam Insurgency” – Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: I don't think so. The security situation as at now is not a resultant effect of 2011 polls. It is due to the inefficiency of the Jonathan led government to do what is right.

The security situation in Nigeria apart from Bokoharam is far better than the past.

We have all time low political assassination and kidnapping.

You call it inefficient and clueless, I call it proficient and diplomatic, the best so far since 3rd republic.

2 Likes

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by anonimi: 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
arresa:

Are you saying your GEJ appointed judges are incompetent or this is just another excuse to justify GEJ's laziness and incompetence.?

Given that you are a political jobber with Lagos state that bungled and mishandled Al-Mustapha's trial, both PROSECUTION & judgement and the Synagogue building collapse DEATHS, your thinking that everyone is as LAZY & INCOMPETENT as your boss might be understandable.

Aje egbodo un wa eni kunra - the criminal who ate new yam before it was allowed seeks to rope in others shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by prowlG: 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
Cheap Mtn Data bundles!!!
250mb @ N400
500mb @ N700
750mb@ N1200
1gb @ N1500

Visit our thread to buy now.

Validity 27 days

www.nairaland.com/1911917 /extremely-cheap-mtn-data-bundles
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by arresa: 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
[s]
anonimi:

Given that you are a political jobber with Lagos state that bungled and mishandled Al-Mustapha's trial, both PROSECUTION & judgement and the Synagogue building collapse DEATHS, your thinking that everyone is as LAZY & INCOMPETENT as your boss might be understandable.

Aje egbodo un wa eni kunra - the criminal who ate new yam before it was allowed seeks to rope in others shocked
[/s]

Keep quiet with your irrelevant nonsense you troll.

Last time I checked, the Code of conduct tribunal threw out your useless and incompetent Oga's trumped up charges because of the same crookedness and incompetence..

The Chairman said the charge did not disclose a prima facie case against the accused person as there was no proof of evidence attached to the charge, and that the charges did not show that the accounts were held by the accused persons. some of the foreign accounts even bear female names…how can the accused be made to answer such charges

A clear case crookedness, laziness and incompetence...

How do you charge and put people on trial for owning what actually belong to other people and even in other people's name? Is this not stupidity, incompetence and idiocy?

Be a good troll with your next come back..
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by lyricalz: 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
Boko haram n apc the same team.

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by DYKA: 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

www.freedomafric.com/politics/shortest-route-solving-bokoharam-insurgency-nigeria-ahmed-tinubu-t1471.html

What's you opinion on his formula

4 Me the best way is to fix devices in the body of the Boko Haram captives, (put dem to deep sleep), leave dem to heal 4 like 3days, then afterwards release them telling them they are free. From then begin to track all their movement, surely if you release 30 like dat, that's the end of Boko Haram in this country.

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by DaBullIT(m): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
In summary

There's nothing to discuss

Boko haram does not know what they want

They are being sponsored to mutilate ,kill and destroy the country

Solution :

Instead of wasting billions and millions on campaign and / or Ebola hand sanitizer

Employ/ rent US,UK,France's security operatives to

Train the Army and retrain security experts on how to use latest technology to monitor a given area

Rent drones ,UAV to survey boko haram's holdings

KILL EVERYBODY FINANCING , SYPHATIZING OR Members of Boko Haram

Negotiating is a waste of money and time.
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Lamour1: 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
I must commend your contributions with no insults, this is the first time am seeing maturity amongst us here. Now for those proposing unity govt. i must say that it is irrelevant at this point. The root cause of all this is that North is breeding children without taking proper care of them. Do you guys think that if Buhari wins the next election that boko will stop?. He can quench boko because he is from the North, his people wont say much, yoruba wont talk because Buhari's govt may favour them, igbos wont talk because he is their brother and other tribes may not give a shyt about it. Come to think of it, does Shekau respect Buhari?, that after he made the attempt to kill Buhari some weeks ago.
How can Deribe be stupendously rich and many of his people languish in poverty. How can a sane rich man be sharing money and food and in worst case build a mosque in his house for the poor ones to come and worship. My question is, what is the economic benefit of these 3 things i listed herein. Take them to school, register and let them learn one trade or the other to keep them busy, by doing these things you have sown a seed that will keep their minds busy for a very longtime. My igbo friend told me that if you are rich people will come to learn trade or ask you to show them the way to better their lives and not asking for handouts that wont last. Teach me how to fish and don't give me fish. Many yorubas and professionals in their field of work because at earlier age they learnt how to do one or two things from their dad or uncles etc.
These whole issue still boils down to respect for elders and people in general but how can a child that passed through the harsh Almajiri system have respect for their elders that allow them to suffer. They also want to be respected and the only way is to take up arm and get it by force.

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Baby, I beg to disagree! It does not make any sense in presidential system of government. Beside the government as led by jonathan have burnt the two ends of the bridge with his divisive and religious politics. Remember this is not a political war.
I agree with you!

cool
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
berem: The bold comment makes a lot of sense. Its so worrisome that Jonathan led pdp government does see it that way. The have seen APC as their enemies and have often accused the party of being boko haram sympathizers. I don't think APC will reject if being called to be part of the PDP led FG in decision making.
They as individual, group and party had not only publicly declared willingness but also privately write to Jonathan led govt hands of support to end the BH issue since two years ago but Jonathan has never honoured their invitation....ordinarily BH will have ended if the present govt has strong political will to end it, most especially this past few months when the international communities are willing to help Nigeria and West Africa to fight terrorism to a logical end.
In my opinion, it best time we demand thorough investigation into Obasanjo's and Nyako's letters because I am seeing Jonathan highly working towards disintegrating our dear Nigeria. America stop supply of arms to Nigeria because they recently (during Chibok saga) discovered that the arms that has been purchased by Nigeria govt for past years are not supply to military or NPF.
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

The security situation in Nigeria apart from Bokoharam is far better than the past.

We have all time low political assassination and kidnapping.

You call it inefficient and clueless, I call it proficient and diplomatic, the best so far since 3rd republic.
you seem to believe too much on gej's govt
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by omenka(m): 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe: The Bokoharam we have been told is different from the Yusuf group as collaborated corroborated by most political analysts.

The believe belief that there can be a military solution in a shortest short possible time is being myopic and deceptive to say the lest least.

We need a political solutions solution to counter agitations agitation by various interest groups, be them they terrorists terrorist, militants militant, separatist, labour union etc
Take note. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by aris2014(m): 10:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
Lamour1: Apparently, he raised good points but i still see those solutions as something we must all come together to achieve irrespective of tribe, party affiliation etc.

Northerners has to go back to drawing board and sort out so many issues. Many Yorubas and igbos and other tribes engage themselves in one handwork or the other in other to make ends meet thats if their parents are not buoyant enough to send them to school.
But up North, the reverse is the case. A gateman that makes 10k in one month ends up having four wives with minimum of 20 children with many of them as Almajiris.
I still believe that these boko boys are products of almajiri system. North should find a way to abolish that system but of course their political class use their acclaimed population for political purposes. Now the population of untrained children with not home training and lack of respect for elders has ended up hurting and hunting the north.
North is hunting and hurting the North period.
We can forgive the Arabs for killing our
children. We cannot forgive them for forcing
us to kill their children. We will only have
peace with the Arabs when they love their
children more than they hate us
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Exjoker(m): 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
Wtf!...is this wat he call ahort route to solvin boko haram saga

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by san316(m): 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

You are only seeing one aspect of GNU, what about the processes to resolve repeat of lopsided decisions, agitations of the minority, different components of the country - ethnic, religion and regional wise, a new constitution and perhaps a cost effective government.

A Country where labour Unions takes every Nigeria as ransom by shutting down essential services and stopping those trying to work from doing so must stop. A situation where every labour dispute including unpopular ones result in strike is unacceptable

Everybody in Nigeria is feeling marginalised, the question is then who is marginalising who?

The Christians abuse Muslims in incident involving a lone Muslim while the Muslim awaits a day of reckoning to butcher the Christians in their major strongholds.

There is lack of trust in our politicoshere and something drastic needs to be done for a change.

I believe Tunisia is starting to get it right. The question is when will the government of who gets what end.?
Bros, GNU can't work. Political parties are not restrictive. They are cross-cutting of individuals from different background and faith. The aftermath of election in Nigeria is the feeling by the winner that he is superior to the loser and the feeling of the loser that the election was rigged. How can these two come together to form a gov't? The only time GNU Is possible will be when the loser will come out to accept that they actually lost but r still ready to serve in any capacity. This leads us to the altruism of our politicians and the objectivity of the masses. We have bad, immature and selfish politicians who r not out to serve but to be served. Who use divisive means to win elections thereby sowing the seed of bitterness and disharmony among the masses. My submission is that GNU can only work when politicians begin to seek power for what they'll impact with it and not what it'll impact on them.
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by popson1st: 11:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
What is this one saying? You dont know the way to Sambisa abi?

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by shadrach77: 11:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
Tinubu ! grin grin grin grin
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Chinaimporter: 11:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
[size=18pt]The jagaban is about to call his boys to order....thank God for his change of heart.....pls gej should allow him choose 10 ministers[/size]
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by vedd: 11:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

I am always here to lend my voice of reason to most political discourse.

What do you've to contribute to the way forward in solving Terrorism, Militancy and Separatist movements springing up here and there in Nigeria?
This is the kind of topic we expected you to initiate during your Modship in politics section. Instead, you delved into tribal bigotry, partisan politics and an untra pro-GEJ bias.

You're trying so hard to justify your plea for reinstatement.

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Bovis(m): 12:05am On Sep 22, 2014
The Jagaban of Africa, always on point. May God grant you divine health IJN Amen.
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by SirHouloo(m): 12:11am On Sep 22, 2014
Vegetable is an easy thing to cook, provided it is just the description.....(Enu dun n rofo- yoruba proverb)

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by cuteboy2: 2:26am On Sep 22, 2014
Ngwakwe:

www.freedomafric.com/politics/shortest-route-solving-bokoharam-insurgency-nigeria-ahmed-tinubu-t1471.html

This sounds like a Nirvana from Tinubu. Why is he sounding so balanced, non-combative and accommodating all of a sudden?
Something is happening in the political landscape that defies logic.

First, Gov Sule Lamido of Kano who vowed to contest against GEJ in PDP has changed tune and decided to root for Jonathan in 2015.

The leading lights in opposition APC like Shekaru, Ribadu, Modu Sherrif Musa are capitulating one after the other.
And now Tinubu is moderating is acidic views with positive and objective view, and even constructive suggestions.

We are watching!!!!
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by cuteboy2: 2:30am On Sep 22, 2014
Chinaimporter: [size=18pt]The jagaban is about to call his boys to order....thank God for his change of heart.....pls gej should allow him choose 10 ministers[/size]

I wonder. Things are changing so fast, as we get close to 2015 it is hard to keep up with events.

I was busy arguing with a colleague at work last week that Friday that Governor Sule Lamido has made up his mind to contest against Goodluck Jonathan for the Presidency in 2015 not knowing that the Vanguard of that day lying on my desk which I was yet to read carried a story of Sule Lamido capitulating, and deciding to support GEJ instead shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

We are watching cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by cuteboy2: 2:34am On Sep 22, 2014
cuteboy2:

We are watching!!!!
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by cuteboy2: 2:42am On Sep 22, 2014
Ngwakwe:

The excerpts from Tinubu's interview:

1. Government has to find the cause of the Boko Haram crisis by addressing all the anger in the society.

2. Examine all grievances and engage leadership at all levels, in particular prominent leaders to find a way to appeal to the promoters of Boko Haram.

3. And investigate the theory that Al-Qaeda infiltrated Boko Haram, and also examine ourselves again.”

Having studied our National Political terrain, I share and concur with him based on our multi-ethnic and religious composition and the inability of our government to find the antidote to Insurgency by Militants, Terrorists and above all Separatist.

Government of National Unity with opposition given some important ministries to manage

Read more from The Interview

This sounds like a Nirvana from Tinubu. Why is he sounding so balanced, non-combative and accommodating all of a sudden?
Something is happening in the political landscape that defies logic.

First, Gov Sule Lamido of Kano who vowed to contest against GEJ in PDP has changed tune and decided to root for Jonathan in 2015.

The leading lights in opposition APC like Shekaru, Ribadu, Fani Kayode, Marwa, Modu Sherrif Musa are capitulating one after the other.
And now Tinubu is moderating is acidic views with positive and objective view, and even constructive suggestions.

Government of National Unity? Looks like the Capone himself is waking up to smell the coffee of 2015 already brewing in the pot.

We are watching!!!! cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by HYBREED(m): 7:17am On Sep 22, 2014
Lamour1: Apparently, he raised good points but i still see those solutions as something we must all come together to achieve irrespective of tribe, party affiliation etc.

Northerners has to go back to drawing board and sort out so many issues. Many Yorubas and igbos and other tribes engage themselves in one handwork or the other in other to make ends meet thats if their parents are not buoyant enough to send them to school.
But up North, the reverse is the case. A gateman that makes 10k in one month ends up having four wives with minimum of 20 children with many of them as Almajiris.
I still believe that these boko boys are products of almajiri system. North should find a way to abolish that system but of course their political class use their acclaimed population for political purposes. Now the population of untrained children with not home training and lack of respect for elders has ended up hurting and hunting the north.
kudos to your thinking. Nice one.
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Orikinla(m): 9:44am On Sep 22, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan became President, because the Niger Delta people insisted that it was their turn to rule Nigeria.
Which is a very primitive mentality, because it is not based on merit or rationality and that is why he has become overwhelmed by the challenges of the political leadership of the biggest black nation on earth.
You cannot give what you don't have.
It is not by force and when you do it by force, you will beget incompetence and violence.

Fashola did not become the governor of Lagos state, because it was the turn of his family or clan to govern Lagos, but by the fact that his predecessor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu saw that he has the merits of statesmanship and as we can see now that it has proved to be a wise choice as he has won elections without violence even though he is a Muslim in a predominantly Christian state.

If President Goodluck Jonathan was a popular choice, there would be no widespread violence destroying lives and properties today.
Now the ruling party PDP is forcing him on others without any democratic process and when they provoke more violent acts in 2015, they will be blaming the opposition when they are the architects of their own woes.
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by bookiee(f): 9:45am On Sep 22, 2014

right!
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by nifton(m): 9:55am On Sep 22, 2014
Talk d talk and work d work,all of us can talk.

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by anonimi: 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
Orikinla: President Goodluck Jonathan became President, because the Niger Delta people insisted that it was their turn to rule Nigeria.
Which is a very primitive mentality, because it is not based on merit or rationality and that is why he has become overwhelmed by the challenges of the political leadership of the biggest black nation on earth.
You cannot give what you don't have.
It is not by force and when you do it by force, you will beget incompetence and violence.

Fashola did not become the governor of Lagos state, because it was the turn of his family or clan to govern Lagos, but by the fact that his predecessor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu saw that he has the merits of statesmanship and as we can see now that it has proved to be a wise choice as he has won elections without violence even though he is a Muslim in a predominantly Christian state.

If President Goodluck Jonathan was a popular choice, there would be no widespread violence destroying lives and properties today.
Now the ruling party PDP is forcing him on others without any democratic process and when they provoke more violent acts in 2015, they will be blaming the opposition when they are the architects of their own woes.

We may need to ask Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu what good qualities he saw in GEJ that made him abandon his own party's candidate, Ribadu and ask south west + Edo to vote for him
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by highmood(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
1. Address all the angers in the society. My question on this is what are the angers in the society and who are those angry and to whom. Again even in a civilize society, is it possible to address all the angers?

2. Secondly, when the president called for a national conference, award given, why did the APC shun them and even ask its members not to participate?

3. Why did the APC boycotted the passage of this years budget?

who are they angry at, Goodluck, PDP or the past Presidents who failed to address our problems. He should think for a more better statements to make.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did ‘International Community’ Threaten Supreme Court Justices On Imo? / Northerners With Megaphone Campaigning For Obi In Markets / Installation Of Emir Of Aba Cancelled By State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.