Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls (30543 Views)

Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates / Best Tarrif Plan To Make International Calls On Nigerian Networks. / Price War: Airtel Tariff Now 20k/second To All Networks And America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Harmvirus(f): 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mtn own dey vex me pass..really annoying
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by InvertedHammer: 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
/
That moment you are expecting urgent payment ALERT because you are very broke but...

MTN and Glo wont stop sending you texts.

grin grin grin

\

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
Wondering y guys Ar complaining, I Dnt Av any issue with Glo whatsoever, infact I have never receive any call or unwarranted msgs Frm dem,I Dnt still understand y people are not on Glo. To me It's Ok and Dey don't disturb me at all.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
undecided
ggrin: angry
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by obulino: 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
I taught am alone in this
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by shikshark: 7:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
as for me oooo. any message from 5031, 5032, 5025 8088 etc. i normally delete before i even read it. but on my other phone which is android , im using optino call tools and sms blocker. blocks any special sms nos and useless calls asap

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by GODDYGEE91(m): 7:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
My broda abi sister, no b only u ooo, I receive as much as 25 sms a day frm both mtn n airtel. Airtel is de most annoyin, dia own start frm 12pm evryday n by 2pm, there must call me evryday. I was thinking of destroyin de sim card but bc people av it I stil maintain. I dont knw wat exactly 2 do anymore.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by ceejay80s(m): 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
Airtel wan kill me with text msg for airtime and e don reach 3months wey i neva recharge, dem even send text to borrow airtîme but í refused' now customer care called last friday and said
good morning sir, oga pls recharge na

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
I hardly load card on my etisalat line of recent *so annoying* they'll send u a msg to subcribe for blah blah tips, whether u subcribed or not, they'll deduct 50 or more, depending how many blah blah tips that came to u, even when u unsubcribe the tips, they no go gree, they must deduct the money anytime u recharge and they'll dash u another kind of ogbonga tips whether u like am or not*me dey fear to recharge*
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by amtalkin(f): 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
Etisalat are just magicians the minute I receive a call and the person tells me he/ she will send me his/ her email tru SMS etisalat will just start their wahala as if they heard the person telling me abt SMS.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Adedayo516(m): 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
If you use an android phone.... Download "360 security " from the app store and simple Block the messages off!!
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Romanciella(f): 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
trentlee25: Airtel na die
i get calls from them always

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by mylove2011: 7:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
So this is general .......I thought I was only person on this MTn and Glo txt messages and their useless calls....in fact the thing is very annoying....I received more than fifteen mgs a day..I delet msg every seconds.....the worst is that when u receive a mgs u thought it is important mgs for u to found out that is MTN and Glo so call useless mgs......
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by pragmatistm(m): 7:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
You shd knw there is always a solution to this kind of problem. Are u not using a smart phone? Just download call blocker/ call blacklist from playstore and add all the yeyr numbers and short codes. Then you are free. Shikena.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by guente02(m): 7:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
Download "sms blocker by optinno" cracked apk (for like minds) or buy on gplay app store.
All those sms will not see your inbox.
The app automatically collecta the trash for you keeping your inbox free of spam messages.
I don't know for ios users o.
See proof.
Thank me later
Link
http://m.apkhere.com/app/com.smsblocker

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by happykidArotiba(m): 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
sometimes, I wish like d way I'm deleting d msgs, i'm also deleting dier jobs.
mtchew
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by gbaskiboy: 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sanchez01: I'm sure I am not the only one experiencing this terrible dilemma; however, mine is simply out of this world, or so I believe.

Nigerian telecommunication companies are by far the most insensitive, annoying and rules flouting individuals ever! My special cases with MTN and GLO is simply out of this world. My first experience started with Glo who automatically subscribed me to some annoying so-called love tips with the '4040'.
I called the Customer Care several times to complain, particularly when my airtime are deducted for some reasons. Despite my placed calls to the Customer Care, I thought my dilemma would come to end until I was told that they (Customer Care) don't have the 'power' to unsubscribe my number from the '4040' database. I calmly accepted my fate while #90 was deducted from my airtime monthly. After a year and half, I called the Customer Care and threatened to sue Glo for deducting my airtime with their devilish schemes, and all of a sudden, they miraculously found the answer to unsubscribe my number from the airtime sapping scheme.

A month after, MTN came with theirs, they would send 7 messages per day to my phone 'recommending' I subscribe to their amazing health and relationship tips, which I ignored. After several weeks of enduring their torture, I decided to call their Customer Care to make my plight known. I ended up talking to a slob of an agent who asked what if I wanted my number removed from their third parties' database, to which I said yes.

As of today, I get nothing less than fifteen messages daily on my MTN phone and five on my Glo phone coupled with dozens of calls from the Glo network. All efforts to put an end to this dilemma have proven abortive. I need advice from people; perhaps thy have agents on the forum that could help me through this.
OP I liked and shared your post, u are nt alone in dis spasm msg. We really need total end to dis scam levied on us

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by datguru: 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
I receive up to 15 per day from Mtn
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Yommiefish(m): 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
I practically do not check my text messages anymore, as a result I missed an important information from my boss. It almost cost us one of our big customer. This is really annoying, I experience this problem mainly my mtn. God help those networks.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by BuhBye: 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
I have about 38 of those numbers on my block list, i use an sms app called "handcent sms" to block spam numbers even the customized ones with no number attached. I go weeks without getting a single health/fashion tip etc from MTN.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by adioolayi(m): 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
See the yeye Airtel.....I package all their numbers under one id on my phantom A+ come block all incoming calls from it..see the pix below grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Jhayeahsam01(m): 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
for weekend,Mtn details fire me like thunder...
Glo dey even call me often...
zain na die.. .

make i port to oduatel
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Disneyboy: 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
undecided Stop using MTN since 1667
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by eluquenson(m): 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
I have warned airtel to desist from such calls & text msges which they obliged, am yet to do same for emptyhen.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sanchez01: I did in my case. I lost many detailed texts which are now lost for life. Annoyingly, Glo just devised a means, they have been calling my phone repeatedly with a typical Glo number and you would fall for the number, believing it's your normal phone calls. It's as if my privacy has been sold to third parties.
It's very frustrating. I can cope with the texts for a little more while but what I can't absolutely handle are the trick calls from Glo with a typical Glo number. I get so angry when I pick the call and I hear a recorded voice on the other end. The other day, Airtel brazenly took the liberty of subscribing me to one of their unsolicited health tips. The number of text messages and calls I get daily from Glo and Airtel is enough to drive anyone insane. I mean, where do these networks get off thinking that they can breach our privacy like that? angry
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by 1miccza: 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mine was Airtel i had my phone in my palm when I received a text claiming that I had subscribed to one stupid hello tunes and they began to deduct from my airtime each second,minute and hour. I had to call them and seriously scream and warn them and after that,I stopped recharging the network..
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ifeogunleye1: Very annoying.Na etisalat worse pass.
My dear you are right...imagine 50 naira every week for football tips,same for callertune,same for free gift(bt its called free) etc... Where wil i get d money...I d try to lock my account balance
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by cegxie(m): 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
The thing tire me ohh... Airtel will call at diiferent times and with different numbers and when I pick their automated machine would jibber and jabber.. Since I don't have a call blocker app on my fone I saved each of their number as airtel disturbance so if it comes, I will just cut the call.. And if they use a different number I will save it as usual with either 1 or 2 etc.. They can disturb.. Especially in the middle of the night prompting me to switch of my phones now @ night.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Mishydoo(m): 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
...EVERYTHIN ABOUT NIGERIA MUST BE DIFFERENT...CNT DEY JST PROVIDE D SERVICES AND SHUT D HELL UP,!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by DIVINE78: 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
Try out today the LOVE METER to calculate whether you two are the perfect match! Send your name + your partner name to 33550. N50 Ex: Bello + Passion
MTN

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by arsetalks(m): 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
I am happy this thread made the front page maybe finally those who are in power will see it and put an end to this madness. I get at least 2 unwanted phone calls and at least 7 text messages per day. This can only happen in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Holaboi(m): 8:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
hmm...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Announces Planned Service Disruption. / 2gb Data For N200 And N1000 For 5gb For 9mobile Users / Telcos To Block Millions From Mobile Banking Over Banks Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.