Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please (1628 Views)

Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? / Rooting My Xperia Z / Sony Xperia Z Or Samsung Galaxy S4: Which Should I Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by DAVE5(m): 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
Please my xperia z is bricked and i havnt used for over a week now,

i installed pc companion on my pc, it detected an update for my phone, i accepted the update, my phone powered down to install the update, and it got stuck there, refused coming back on, i have tried contacting sony customer service, they gave me some procedures which i have followed to the letter, i have used the pc companion to repair but it tells me there is no update for my phone or sometimes it would tell me update engine could not update your device (error 100), i have also tried using flashtool as well and it gave error, my phone is down and if i power it on it tells me update failed, make sure the phone is connected to a computer and try again,

i have tried all the repair/update procedures known to me several times, disabled my antivirus and firewall, attached is an error i got while using the flashtool...

the phone was rooted with a locked bootloader...

any solution would be highly appreciated..

Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by acunon: 8:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
Na wah,i use d same fone too.am comin 4 a solution
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by DAVE5(m): 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
acunon: Na wah,i use d same fone too.am comin 4 a solution
pls ohhh helep me ohh, i'd be waitin here
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
did you actually buy the phone as brand new?
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by DAVE5(m): 8:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
no, london used...
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
well...it's not impossible that it might hv been erased remotely with My Xperia or Android device manager... but then, u said it was rooted...locked bootloader...possibly suggesting that u also activated the 'developer option' from tapping at the 'build number' 5times(in about phone)?
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by DAVE5(m): 8:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
i have done some upgrade oTA but jst when i connected to my system using pc companion for the update the phone fails...The phone isn't coming on at all, but i did the developer option tingy
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
so what the sony help told you was hard reset...i guess?
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by DAVE5(m): 9:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
yea, but it still won't work, any help?

1 Like

Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
oh well...if u couldn't save it with factory reset, then there's little or nothing u maybe able to do, seeing as it wasn't bought with sony warranty.

u may also need to turn it in at the repairs... where a qualified professional will look at all hardware and software options
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by UchihaItachi(m): 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
Download and flash the firmware..don't ask me how, I don't use Sony
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
where are you mate? come here and stay a bit
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by ifoundmyperfect: 10:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
Take it to a professional...
Stop the trial and error to avoid further damage...
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
well it seems ur out...can't wait neither, so I'll advise u to come to xda developers to solve your problem. cheers
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by Slowpois0n: 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
download and install flashtool on your pc, goto the installation directory.. by default its.. C:\flashtool\drivers. run the fastboot driver setup and check all the boxes for each Xperia device. finish the installation and accept yes on any prompt during the installation.

download your Xperia device firmware from XperiaFirmware .com copy the .ftf file to C:\flashtool\firmwares.

now run the flashtool software, click the flash icon, select flashmode, select the firmware you copied earlier and click next. wait while it prepares the firmware for 4 - 10 minutes then it asks you to connect your phone to the computer while holding the back button( xperia Z doesnt have one so read on..)

put your phone in flash mode by pressing and holding the volume down or up button (depending on your device model) while you connect it to your computer via a USB cord.. you should see a blue light. wait let it install the phone's drivers and do its thing. And that's it! Your device should be up and running in 15 to 30 minutes.
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
Slowpois0n: download and install flashtool on your pc, goto the installation directory.. by default its.. C:\flashtool\drivers. run the fastboot driver setup and check all the boxes for each Xperia device. finish the installation and accept yes on any prompt during the installation.

download your Xperia device firmware from XperiaFirmware .com copy the .ftf file to C:\flashtool\firmwares.

now run the flashtool software, click the flash icon, select flashmode, select the firmware you copied earlier and click next. wait while it prepares the firmware for 4 - 10 minutes then it asks you to connect your phone to the computer while holding the back button( xperia Z doesnt have one so read on..)

put your phone in flash mode by pressing and holding the volume down or up button (depending on your device model) while you connect it to your computer via a USB cord. wait let it install the phone's drivers and do its thing. And that's it! Your device should be up and running in 15 to 30 minutes.
beware that before u attempt any process whatsoever, u must first make sure ur phone battery is charged at least 71%...otherwise ur gonna be very sorry
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by Slowpois0n: 11:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
spotit: beware that before u attempt any process whatsoever, u must first make sure ur phone battery is charged at least 71%...otherwise ur gonna be very sorry
there is no harm.. battery should be at least 30 percent. if something goes wrong you can always start all over again. there is no hard brick in this process. just make sure you downloaded the correct firmware for your device. datz all.
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
Slowpois0n:
there is no harm.. battery should be at least 30 percent. if something goes wrong you can always start all over again. there is no hard brick in this process. just make sure you downloaded the correct firmware for your device. datz all.
seeing as he has started out with a monkeying pattern. u need to hold your confidence, I'm sure what I'm on about
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by Slowpois0n: 11:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
ok
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by DAVE5(m): 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
well, thanks everybody for ur numerous contributions, all what u guys mentioned is what i have done several times before creating dis topic, i've created a topic on xda to get replies which dint help, went to sony forum and asked questions as well, spoken with sony customer reps, been to other threads, googled all i could, i was going to take it to some more professional peep b4 i decided; damn; my phone is dead already so whats d worse that could happen, i was jst playing with flashtool, clicking different options, disabling some options, not minding the result cos it couldn't get worse than a bricked phone and after several hours of playing around, voila, the phone actually started flashing, i waited to see if i was seeing double, phone came on, i switched off to see if its actually true that my phone came on after a week of flashing and repairing, but lo and behold my phone is workin perfectly as if nothing had happened to it....

A VERY BIG THANKS FOR ALL YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS, I REALLY DO APPRECIATE....

don't mind my long write up, i'm jst excited my phone is back on after 1 week

btw i still have another bricked samsung, i don't have dat one's time yet but i have done a lot to fix it though (downloaded more than 5gig of custom and stock roms), the day i'll have it's time, it'll know i'm ardently stubborn grin
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
DAVE5: well, thanks everybody for ur numerous contributions, all what u guys mentioned is what i have done several times before creating dis topic, i've created a topic on xda to get replies which dint help, went to sony forum and asked questions as well, spoken with sony customer reps, been to other threads, googled all i could, i was going to take it to some more professional peep b4 i decided; damn; my phone is dead already so whats d worse that could happen, i was jst playing with flashtool, clicking different options, disabling some options, not minding the result cos it couldn't get worse than a bricked phone and after several hours of playing around, voila, the phone actually started flashing, i waited to see if i was seeing double, phone came on, i switched off to see if its actually true that my phone came on after a week of flashing and repairing, but lo and behold my phone is workin perfectly as if nothing had happened to it....

A VERY BIG THANKS FOR ALL YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS, I REALLY DO APPRECIATE....

don't mind my long write up, i'm jst excited my phone is back on after 1 week

btw i still have another bricked samsung, i don't have dat one's time yet but i have done a lot to fix it though (downloaded more than 5gig of custom and stock roms), the day i'll have it's time, it'll know i'm ardently stubborn grin
great! next time, assume that proper pre-charging could make the difference between quick/successful flashing and bricked/delayed results
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by DAVE5(m): 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
spotit: great! next time, assume that proper pre-charging could make the difference between quick/successful flashing and bricked/delayed results

i think stay off dat flashing game for the mean time, at least let me enjoy the phone small...
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
DAVE5:

i think stay off dat flashing game for the mean time, at least let me enjoy the phone small...
rotflmao...give it out bruv. these beauties are meant for the crazy minds...the baby sensed...the artists who honestly love to tinker, but would never admit it grin
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by DAVE5(m): 11:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
spotit:
rotflmao...give it out bruv. these beauties are meant for the crazy minds...the baby sensed...the artists who honestly love to tinker, but would never admit it grin
brova... giv out ma fone, mehn if u dash me urz, I swear it won't b a bad idea at all
Re: Help Me With My Xperia Z.........please by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
lol

(1) (Reply)

HELP!!! How To Root My Innjoo F2 Tablet Custom Rom So As To Use Glo Bis / How To Recover Files From Broken Samsung Phone / Glo Data Get Exhausted Faster Than Normal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.