Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Noise Pollution: Please Help! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Noise Pollution: Please Help! (581 Views)

Disturbing Photos Of Children In Garbage Show Just How Bad Pollution Can Be. / What Can We Do About Noise Pollution ? / Incessant Air Pollution In Owerri Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Noise Pollution: Please Help! by Eberex(m): 8:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
I stay somewhere at onipan and there is this gospel music store along the road. My problem is that the music coming out of the speakers are so loud one can hear it three blocks away. Unfortunately I stay within that range and everyday I come home from work I cannot bear the noise. I practically have to close my windows in order to stop the sound from entering my room, and its always difficult hearing the sound from my tv. Please is there any law in Lagos that forbids disturbance from noise coming from loud speakers in a residential environment? If so who should I report to? Or maybe I should go to the shop owner and ask him to reduce the volume of his music?
Re: Noise Pollution: Please Help! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
If it's that loud, I bet your neighbours are also bothered by the noise but they're just keeping quiet. Go to them and inquire, then together, find a way to alert the owner about the very loud and inconsiderate music from his/her shop. There should be a law protecting residents from noise pollution.

(1) (Reply)

How Important Is Sleep? / Endometriosis - The Reasons You Might Have Not Gotten Pregnant Yet / 10 Health Benefits Of Drinking Water.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.