Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,933 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:47 AM

Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (466480 Views)

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Hotstepper(f): 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2006
damn, I wish I can write igbo like you, I can't even write or read tongue
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by dondele(m): 7:53pm On Aug 03, 2006
better
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 03, 2006
another good Igbo saying.

Okwa si na Ihe mere ya ji n'eti abughi ka ihe ji ya hapu ya ma n'obu k'uwa nuru olu ya.

The patridge says  the reason he's wailing is not that the ones holding him captive should set him free but just to alert the public.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 03, 2006
Ndi Igbo si ka agbara oso ewepu aka enwe n'ofe tupu oghoo aka mmadu

We should take out the monkey's hand from the soup pot before it turns into a human hand.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2006
Hotstepper:

damn, I wish I can write igbo like you, I can't even write or read tongue

My sister me too, but I'm loving this thread.

Ndi mmadu choro asusu igbo
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by PTBNaija(f): 8:24pm On Aug 03, 2006
Awww, could someone give me Igbo reading and writing lessons? lol grin

I mean, I can understand some written words if I say it in my head, but I want to just be able to know undecided
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 8:38pm On Aug 03, 2006
Agaghi m ekwe ka nwoke o bula jiri isi m nuo garri.

It is only when you kill a mad man that you will find out that he has relatives.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 8:47pm On Aug 03, 2006
2fine, I bow for you. Girl you got it loaded. grin

My grandfather, Ozo Ekwomibe used to say, Anyi agaghi  eji maka oku n'agba na-ozara rapu uzo ukwu nna nna anyi ochie ha.

Ndi igbo rienu, nuanu, tazuonu. Iseeeeeeeeee!

Udo diri unu. Ihe oma mere m rutekwa unu aka.

Amen.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2006
edygirl, thanx oh my sista. i love those proverbs but u too is way too good especially wit your Igbo writing.

The eneke-nti-oba, when asked by his friends why he was always on wing said, ‘Man of today has learnt to shoot without missing and I have learnt to fly without perching'.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 9:03pm On Aug 03, 2006
Thanx girl. wink
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2006
Onye taa m aru n'isi na-asoghi ntutu m, m taba ya aru n'ike, agaghi m aso nsi ya. Otu a ka-omere.

Obu Edy na-ekwu oo. grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Hotstepper(f): 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2006
@edygirl, can you please translate as well, thanks
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by toshmann(m): 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2006
onye tara amu ebule ji ibi ugwo.  grin

he who ate the penis of a ram has a debt to pay to elephantiasis of the scrotum.   grin

meaning, u reap what you sow   cool

igbo kwenu!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2006
I think I will let the authentic igbo mistress 2fine do that.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 9:17pm On Aug 03, 2006
Omg shocked :oI'm so jealous of edygirl and 2fine, you ladies are way good cry
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2006
Zulu please don't be.  wink O nwayo nwayo k'eji aracha ofe di oku.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by toshmann(m): 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2006
eddy nwanma wink
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 9:25pm On Aug 03, 2006
I
edygirl:

Zulu please don't be.  wink O nwayo nwayo k'eji aracha ofe di oku.

I love that one, girl you got me all jumping and laughing in the office, folks looking at me like am a freaking retard or something grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2006
@ Hotstepper

edygirl:

Onye taa m aru n'isi na-asoghi ntutu m, m taba ya aru n'ike, agaghi m aso nsi ya. Otu a ka-omere.

Obu Edy na-ekwu oo. grin

anybody who bites me on the head neglecting my hair, when i start to bite his ass, i will also neglect his sh1t.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 9:30pm On Aug 03, 2006
hehehe edygirl hope i did a good job tongue
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Hotstepper(f): 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2006
10x gurlllllllllllllll, I got all F in skool tongue
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 9:39pm On Aug 03, 2006
ZuluNation:

I
I love that one, girl you got me all jumping and laughing in the office, folks looking at me like am a freaking retard or something grin grin grin
Boy you got me rolling on the floor too. Glad you liked it. If they look at you again, tell them noo nna gi muru gi.Egwu adighi ya.
2fine4u:

hehehe edygirl hope i did a good job tongue
Girl, that was the reason I left that job for you. You are just good.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2006
thanx edygirl, u kno i try
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 03, 2006
You guys are so funny.toshman that was a good one.
Ngwanu another one.

Nwata gbere egbere ta m aru mu egbere egbere ta gwara.
If a child crawls  and bites me,I'll also crawl over and bite back.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 03, 2006
Zulunation,improve your Igbo with these.

http://www.kwenu.com/idioms/ekene_collection.htm
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 10:40pm On Aug 03, 2006
babyosisi:

Zulunation,improve your Igbo with these.

http://www.kwenu.com/idioms/ekene_collection.htm

Thank you my sister I printed it. Wow this is amazing grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2006
check this one out.

O te aka o di njo emesie o ga-adi mma. grin grin

Wow now I can compete with edygirl and 2fine tongue grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 03, 2006
i na try small small my broda
jus jisie nno ike
very soon i buru professional.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 10:47pm On Aug 03, 2006
check this one out too grin grin

O na-abu a si nwata wuba ahu, o saba afo ya

translation*  Tell a child to wash his body, he washes his stomach.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2006
I di ready ka'm nye gi ozo.

Here you go

Nwata bunie nna ya enu, akpaamu ya ayochie ya anya.
[If a child lifts his father, his scrotum will blindfold him.]

· Onye hapu onu ya, uguru arachaa ya.
[If one fails to lick his lips, the harmattan will do it.]

· Okuko si na ihe ya ji-ele anya n'enu ma ya na añu mmiri bu na ihe na-egbu si n'igwe abia.
[The chicken says it looks up when drinking water because what kills it comes from the sky.]

· Ijiji na-enweghi onye ndumodu na-eso ozu ala n'inyi.
[A fly that has no counselor follows the corpse to the grave.]

· "Nwunye anyi, nwunye anyi": ka ndeli bia ka anyi mara onye o bu nwunye ya.
["Our wife, our wife": come midnight and we will know whose wife she really is.]

· Ula towa uto, ekwowe ya ekwowe.
[When sleep becomes enjoyable, we snore.]
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2006
hahaha zulu goodluck in competing with us cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by dondele(m): 11:06pm On Aug 03, 2006
@babyosisi
that your engli-igbo is too much. kai, u got me laughing.

about that proverd of
babyosisi:

Nwata bunie nna ya enu, akpaamu ya ayochie ya anya.
[If a child lifts his father, his scrotum will blindfold him.]

it is not akpaamu it is ogodo(wrapper).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (579) (Reply)

Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.