Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 (5043 Views)

Don't Judge Your Phone's Camera By The Number Of Megapixels ! / Nokia Lumia 1020...41 Megapixels Flagship Cameraphone From Nokia / Incredible! Nokia Unveils '41-megapixels Smartphone' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 22, 2014
From your OP the s5 is obviously better abi your eyes dey pain you?
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 22, 2014
ckhelvin: It pains me so much on how we are dwelling more on spec on papers..al dis r gimmicky features coz having an higher resolution doesn't mean u avin a higher pixel size..lemme explain!., samsung uses 16MP resolution with a size if 1.1micron which can never be compared with iPhone using 8MP with 1.5micron size which is also accompany with an aperture of f/2.2 given it edge to take a superb pix..wat u guys fail to know us that it doesn't necessarily means the amount of pixel resolution bin used buh the research bin adopted in the camera feature of dos smartphone and the ugly fact is that the iPhone beat any smartphone to that ..

Last bullet: why can't u guys reason y an iPhone uses 1gig ram and stil yet as a smooth user interface compare to the android phone that lag like shii., please guys stop limiting ur tech knowledge to just spec written on papers..you just have to understand the technology behind their feature used not just sayin trash wit limited understanding
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 22, 2014
ckhelvin: It pains me so much on how we are dwelling more on spec on papers..al dis r gimmicky features coz having an higher resolution doesn't mean u avin a higher pixel size..lemme explain!., samsung uses 16MP resolution with a size if 1.1micron which can never be compared with iPhone using 8MP with 1.5micron size which is also accompany with an aperture of f/2.2 given it edge to take a superb pix..wat u guys fail to know us that it doesn't necessarily means the amount of pixel resolution bin used buh the research bin adopted in the camera feature of dos smartphone and the ugly fact is that the iPhone beat any smartphone to that ..

Last bullet: why can't u guys reason y an iPhone uses 1gig ram and stil yet as a smooth user interface compare to the android phone that lag like shii., please guys stop limiting ur tech knowledge to just spec written on papers..you just have to understand the technology behind their feature used not just sayin trash wit limited understanding
i can see u avnt held an i-phone b4 talkless of operating it...for ur info, iphone lags like hell too when multitasking (cox of its low stupid ram)
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Tbillz(m): 10:37am On Sep 22, 2014
My problem with topics concerning phones and computer analyst this days are most youth are either company or self employed marketers, its then hard to detects who's truly analyzing base on facts and not market strategies. From the point you just made @ op we should check specification not just for mega pixel but pay more attention
quality of the lens, shutter speed, image
processing technology, circuitry and sensor —but the only specification that is notable is the megapixel. Lastly how on earth is 8mp better than 16mp?
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by crudedude(m): 10:47am On Sep 22, 2014
Everybody na expert for this thread fa
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Feraz(m): 11:21am On Sep 22, 2014
What of the Lumia 925 cos the phone's picture quality is superb.
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by generalissimo(m): 11:44am On Sep 22, 2014
How do we know that this Op has just bought an iphone 6 if he doesnt create this thread Enjoy ur 8MP fone o jare grin
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by generalissimo(m): 11:48am On Sep 22, 2014
crudedude: Everybody na expert for this thread fa
Crude Mon, u most be furom ILORIN or KWARA coss I can shmell it all ofer u. shocked

1 Like

Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Agbi4(m): 11:51am On Sep 22, 2014
Wow, what a news!
Apple retained the 8mp on their iPhone 6 to put the megapixels battle to shame.. Sarcasm tho
Apple retained a lot of things from their previous iPhone sadly they didn't retain the 3.5" of iPhone 4 since Steve jobs of blessed memory pointed that no human will use a phone that's bigger than the iPhone 4 and they have gone as big as 5.5" on the iPhone 6 plus, maybe one day they will use 13mp , 16mp or even 20mp on their flagship and I wonder where this comment of "number of pixel doesn't count would be put to".
Truly number of pixels doesn't transmit to picture quality but when OEMs put more megapixels on their phones they go further into tweaking it software wise so that the resulting images will not just be bigger in size with more details but also with better quality images compared to your 8mp. A picture taken with a 16mp will not start losing details at say 2X zoom but your 8mp will.
Apple will continue to sell outdated tech to their crazy ifans at a very insane price but it's none of my business.
I want value for my money when I'm paying for anything and an apple product isn't one.

2 Likes

Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by generalissimo(m): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2014
[quote author=ty265][/quote]Abeg, na wetin dis guy dey try say Pls, talk louder!
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Agbi4(m): 12:05pm On Sep 22, 2014

You must be living on Mars, visit all the well renowned Tech blogs and tell us which of the iPhones picture quality is better than the Samsung Galaxy S5.
1gb on iPhone 6 is a flaw, you can't run 64 bit architecture seamlessly on a 1gb Ram if indeed you know about tech or you're just here to defend how apple still uses 8mp and can't shoot 2k videos. One day you will see more Ram on iPhone and you will eat your words.
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by 100Cents: 12:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
No pictures ?

Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
I support the op..because even my HTC one is 4 mega pixel...I 've come to realize it's not how big ur megapixel is...
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Nsonaso(m): 2:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
Agbi4:
Truly number of pixels doesn't transmit to picture quality but when OEMs put more megapixels on their phones they go further into tweaking it software wise so that the resulting images will not just be bigger in size with more details but also with better quality images compared to your 8mp. A picture taken with a 16mp will not start losing details at say 2X zoom but your 8mp will.
Apple will continue to sell outdated tech to their crazy ifans at a very insane price but it's none of my business.
I want value for my money when I'm paying for anything and an apple product isn't one.

That's exactly the point... Apple keep tweaking their Camera App to achieve clear and good picture and forget that the quality of the picture also matters too...

Believe me if you can port exactly the Camera App of iPhone 6 on iOS 8 to iPhone 4s and take a picture with it and view both of them side by side with a PC... Believe me you can't stop the difference....

And if you should port it to other devices like Sony or Samsung with 16 to 20mp, it's going to compete with advanced Nikon or Sony digital cameras

Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by slinkman(m): 3:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
martineverest: note the diff. btw display resolution and picture resolution.what u wa tchd was display not pix resolution.s5 has ppi of 423 and iphone 6 is 342..s5>iphone 6.....clearer pix is determindd by sensor size nd not pix resolution.any camera with more than 8mp is a waste,cos u are not printing a stadium size pix.
megapixel means more pic resoultion
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by KemoSabe: 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
definately agree with OP about overrated MP, but, the pix from the iphone 5 does look a little richer than that of the 6 if u ask me.

Check my signature below for new iphone 6 out in Naija stores in all variants + price & review the specs.
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Nsonaso(m): 3:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
patmaine: I support the op..because even my HTC one is 4 mega pixel...I 've come to realize it's not how big ur megapixel is...

Mega pixels doesn't mean clearness of the picture.... But quality of the picture itself

When you zoom picture 2 to 4 times you get blur pictures but with more pixels you can zoom 10 times without affecting the actual quality of the picture.... (i.e your picture will still look sharp and crisp)

Note: HTC One uses different technology known as Ultra Mega pixel not just a mega pixel

1 Like

Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
Feraz: What of the Lumia 925 cos the phone's picture quality is superb.
exactly dis op na mufu cus how can you compare lumia 1020 with the largest camera in mobile and has a 41 mp to an 8mp mtchew i cry for op
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Nsonaso(m): 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
alotofgrace:

dude when it comes to lens tech, never u underrate Sony....never!!!

am not sure u remember anything called sony ericsson

Apple and Sony take the lead in lens tech

Sorry bro Apple doesn't manufacture Camera lens.... They use Sony lens on their phones.... Though I don't know much about iPhone 4 down... But from iPhone 4s to iPhone 6 uses Sony camera with Sony Exmor RS sensor

1 Like

Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
patmaine: I support the op..because even my HTC one is 4 mega pixel...I 've come to realize it's not how big ur megapixel is...
dats because its a dual camera and htc also tweaked d software and used d ultrapixel tech
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by oyewolestephen(m): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2014

I didn't believe in all this your write up, what you wrote will have been valid had if been iPhone6 price is lesser than s5. What is the essence of cutting down the spec while the price is still exorbitant.I believe s5 camera is quiet okay for majority even s4 camera.
About the issue of smoothness, you can't compare a 2k resolution to an HD resolution the former has more pixels to move than the latter. just imagine it this way, with the over hype iPhone6 spec let it be running on Android OS it wouldn't be smooth like in iOS

1 Like

Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by martineverest(m): 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
Feraz: What of the Lumia 925 cos the phone's picture quality is superb.
lumia 1520,930,1020,925 and 920 have pureview camera facility which got no rival.de re top in camera phone
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by martineverest(m): 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
htc uses small mega pixels and large sensor.sensor determines the quality of pix,while pixel determine the size

1 Like

Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by martineverest(m): 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
Nsonaso:

lumia 1020 is king of camera phone with 41mp.its secrete is,it has d largest sensor of all fones xcept it predecesor nokia 808.both phone downsample to 8mp(meaning it uses 8mp out of 41).otherwise it ll produce a noisy pix.all fones actually use 5 to 8mp to shoot.

Sorry bro Apple doesn't manufacture Camera lens.... They use Sony lens on their phones.... Though I don't know much about iPhone 4 down... But from iPhone 4s to iPhone 6 uses Sony camera with Sony Exmor RS sensor

Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by alotofgrace(m): 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
Nsonaso:

u shud have said dat before na.... am dreaming of buying Xpera™

u want to crush ma dream. b dat na
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Nsonaso(m): 6:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
alotofgrace:

u want to crush ma dream. b dat na

How? I don't understand

Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by alotofgrace(m): 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
Nsonaso:

How? I don't understand

planning to get Xpera™
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Nsonaso(m): 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
alotofgrace:

planning to get Xpera™

Yeah you said so earlier.... So how am wanting to kill your dream of getting it... Did I ever say you shouldn't get it before?
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by xtervaganza(m): 6:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
The irony of this very stoopid post is that SAMSUNG produce some part of the iphone 6 and its camera

1 Like

Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by alotofgrace(m): 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
Nsonaso:

Yeah you said so earlier.... So how am wanting to kill your dream of getting it... Did I ever say you shouldn't get it before?

yes na....u downgraded d d lens na.....dat its got overhyped picture elements
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
generalissimo: Abeg, na wetin dis guy dey try say Pls, talk louder!

lol. okay
Re: Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 by Nsonaso(m): 6:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
alotofgrace:

yes na....u downgraded d d lens na.....dat its got overhyped picture elements

No I never did

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Knows The Name Of This Amazing Font / Use Your Phone As A Wi-fi Hotspot (s60v3, V5, And S^3) / Easy Way To Root N7 Tecno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.