Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:43 PM

Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? (2302 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 22, 2014
Tallesty1: Read the topic again. It says wife not girlfriend
100Cents: I have dated a lady in the distant past who bars her phone from other users with a code. I won't go into details, the experience was totally bad because whenever I had opportunity to peep into that phone, the sight was disaster.

What will normally prompt a lady to bar her phone with a code

I am asking pertinently because the lady currently falling head over heels for me right now barcodes her phone. Its marriage on my mind. I don't want what happened in 1960 to repeat again..
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Tallesty1(m): 10:55am On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: if you read the first post at all u would realise the OP is referring to his gf not his wife undecided
You are getting it mixed madam, he wants to wife the girl so he is asking married folks how they cope with a wife that password her phone.
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 22, 2014
Tallesty1: You are getting it mixed madam, he wants to wife the girl so he is asking married folks how they cope with a wife that password her phone.
so a man's insecurities override her right to privacy abi? Either way he is not married to her so he shouldn't be trying to control her, its her phone not his. Its his choice not to put a passcode and its her choice to do so

2 Likes

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Pavore9: 11:04am On Sep 22, 2014
thorpido: The colonial masters handed over their authority.
l asked because l do not know what happened in 1960 that is connected with a passworded phone!
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Tallesty1(m): 11:10am On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: so a man's insecurities override her right to privacy abi? Either way he is not married to her so he shouldn't be trying to control her, its her phone not his. Its his choice not to put a passcode and its her choice to do so
ok
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by zemaye: 11:20am On Sep 22, 2014
aisha2: If you find it hard to be open then marriage will be challenging, It entails totally nake-dness, physically, financially, emotionally etc.
[b][/b]
I wont advice anyone to put up with a secretive spouse
You nailed it @ the bolded.
Simple and short yet it encompasses so many things

1 Like

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by 100Cents: 11:59am On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: show me where he mentioned he had access to her body. So if a girl has access to your body she should have access to your bank account pin number too undecided stop being illogical. Some people keep important private info in their phones and their privacy should be respected. If she keeps her important pin codes in her phone, she shouldn't protect it because some random guy, who is not even fully committed, expects her to do so because he is insecure?

Why do some ladies often like playing this insecurity card ? A man who was confident enough to walk up to you in public and engage you in conversation and extracted your phone number and made you laugh the same day and you fell in love one month later is being branded as insecure.. I can't buy that..

Why not just give what you can take ?

1 Like

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by plaetton: 12:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: show me where he mentioned he had access to her body. So if a girl has access to your body she should have access to your bank account pin number too undecided stop being illogical. Some people keep important private info in their phones and their privacy should be respected. If she keeps her important pin codes in her phone, she shouldn't protect it because some random guy, who is not even fully committed, expects heur to do so because he is insecure?

We are talking about marriage here, the deepest and most intimate kind of commitment, and you are talking about privacy. What privacy are you talking about that should reside in a woman's phone but beyond the reach of her life partner?

In what delusional world do you live in where married couples keep secrets from each other?

No wonder marriages are crashing after 3 months these days.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by 100Cents: 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2014
plaetton:

We are talking about marriage here, the deepest and most intimate kind of commitment, and you are talking about privacy. What privacy are you talking about that should reside in a woman's phone but beyond the reach of her life partner?

In what delusional world do you live in where married couples keep secrets from each other?

No wonder marriages are crashing after 3 months these days.

Bros errn, many men are seeing things in their marriages.

I have met 3 ladies who do this. They will hardly present a cogent reason for that act but once you are with them, they pick your phone instantly and start going through all the contents..

1 Like

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by bukatyne(f): 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: show me where he mentioned he had access to her body. So if a girl has access to your body she should have access to your bank account pin number too undecided stop being illogical. Some people keep important private info in their phones and their privacy should be respected. If she keeps her important pin codes in her phone, she shouldn't protect it because some random guy, who is not even fully committed, expects her to do so because he is insecure?

Ma'am,

Wanting to have an open relationship is NOT a sign of insecurity and a lady/guy that is committed during courtship/dating might not be during marriage

There is no such thing as privacy for a couple either (married/courting)

If the OP does not feel comfortable with such, he should forget the lady and move on
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by thorpido(m): 1:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
Pavore9: l asked because l do not know what happened in 1960 that is connected with a passworded phone!
I know.I guess he just put that statement related to 1960 as some kind of joke.What kind of phones existed then not to talk of passwording it.
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2014
bukatyne:

Ma'am,

Wanting to have an open relationship is NOT a sign of insecurity and a lady/guy that is committed during courtship/dating might not be during marriage

There is no such thing as privacy for a couple either (married/courting)

If the OP does not feel comfortable with such, he should forget the lady and move on

he could always ask her to unlock the phone and look for whatever he is looking for and give the phone back when he is done, i still be believe there should be privacy regardless of marriage or courtship. If there really is nothing incriminating to hide, she wouldn't have a problem with letting him go through the phone after asking. If a phone gets stolen or lost a third party can easily retrieve the info all in the name of i dont want privacy in a relationship. While for some people a phone is simply a device to call, whatsapp and go on nairaland, for some people it serves more important purposes beyond that.

1 Like

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by bukatyne(f): 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: he could always ask her to unlock the phone and look for whatever he is looking for and give the phone back when he is done, i still be believe there should be privacy regardless of marriage or courtship. If there really is nothing incriminating to hide, she wouldn't have a problem with letting him go through the phone after asking. If a phone gets stolen or lost a third party can easily retrieve the info all in the name of i dont want privacy in a relationship. While for some people a phone is simply a device to call, whatsapp and go on nairaland, for some people it serves more important purposes beyond that.

I agree with you however, both parties should be in the loop at all times for there to be understanding.

There is really no privacy in marriage

Your business is your hubby's business and vice versa
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by JEITO: 2:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
Learn not to be too anxious to discover a secret cos you might just find one out that will change your life forever lipsrsealed
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
Tallesty1: Cheats everywhere............ In the name of defending the girl they are indirectly trying to justify their locked phones.

You hit the nail on the head. Ndi Ashawo!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by cococandy(f): 3:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
Why will he bar his phone and not give me the password?
Op look before you leap.
Or
Maybe she thinks you're coming on too strong as you guys haven't gotten married yet.
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by 100Cents: 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
cococandy: Why will he bar his phone and not give me the password?
Op look before you leap.
Or
Maybe she thinks you're coming on too strong as you guys haven't gotten married yet.

I have not even shown any sign as if I am interested in knowing why she passwords it, not to say asking..

For me right now, relationship is strictly business..
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by angeldupe(f): 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
kITATITA: Women have their peculiar character and things that motivate them are different. Things she may be discussing with her friends could be her menstrual flow or her former boyfriend who won’t let her be. She could even be discussing her worries about your mother’s frequent visit or your table manners or coming home late. Let them have their privacy, their territory, their fun.

You too much, you get point die.
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by 100Cents: 4:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
angeldupe:

You too much, you get point die.

Do you know that the devil can convince you that its good being a devil ?

Or that he is better than God ?
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by angeldupe(f): 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
100Cents:
Do you know that the devil can convince you that its good being a devil ?
Or that he is better than God ?

It's impossible.
I do lock my phones too not for anything but becos my hubby lock his phones too. 50-50 no cheating

2 Likes

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by freecocoa(f): 4:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
My phone's on lock but I give the code to whomever I please, don't want any tom d_ck and harry going through my phone(some people are just too nosy).

I see nothing wrong in having a bar code on one's phone, the real issue should be whether she's transparent enough to give you the password, if she isn't, then you gotta think twice.
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Fraih(f): 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
JEITO: Learn not to be too anxious to discover a secret cos you might just find one out that will change your life forever lipsrsealed

#thumbs up
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by beeevan: 8:06pm On Sep 22, 2014
There is no privacy in marriage, if you pass word yours, let hers be.
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by beeevan: 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
There is no privacy in marriage, if you pass word yours, let hers be. My phone is on lock but we use the same password so...
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Kanwulia: 1:00am On Sep 23, 2014
What makes you think it is all about you. . . .as a married man? undecided
There are locks on phones for SECURITY REASONS!

It is called PRIVACY!

This is the age of INTERNET BANKING and in my case. . . MOST OF MY JOB EMAILS COME STRAIGHT TO MY PHONE!
You want me to leave all my accounts and passwords SAVED WITHIN open to 419/yahoo-yahoo clients? grin

I also have a TON of por-nographic data with SHOCKING VIDEOS classified only as 'seeing is believing' shared on Tango and Watsssssup!
I don want my kids to accidentally see them oooooo.

THEY ARE FOR MY VIEWING PLEASURE and BEDROOM-SPICING education and ADVENTURE.

If my husband does not like it. . . .HE CAN DIE. kiss
TEHN can gladly bury him in their 'EVIL FOREST' on NL. . . like it has buried many other unfortunate souls!
He will not be missed!

Amen!!! kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Your Advice / My Landlord Is An Armed Robber / See How Much We Spend On Food For One Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.