Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Don’t Hope, Decide - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don’t Hope, Decide (485 Views)

Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ / Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Hope, Decide by SonofIssachar: 12:33am On Sep 22, 2014
I was waiting to pick up a friend at the airport. That day I had one of those experiences that change people‘s lives. It happened just two feet away from me. I noticed a man, carrying two bags, coming toward me. He stopped next to me to greet his family.

First of all, he laid down his bag and came closer to his younger son (about six years old), they gave each other a warm, loving hug. Then the father looked in his son’s eyes and said: “I missed you so much, it’s so good to see you, son!”

The boy smiled and said: “Me too, dad.”

Then the man turned to his older son (nine or ten years old), “Oh, you are quite the young man, I love you very much!” and cupped his face. Then they had the tenderest hug too.

Afterwards the father said “Hi, baby girl” to his daughter. She was squirling excitedly in her mother’s arm and watching her returning father all the time. The man gently took his little daughter, kissed her face all over and then held her close to his chest. The little girl laid her head on his shoulder in pure contentment.

After several moments, then man looked at his wife and said “I‘ve saved the best for last!” and shared with her the most passionate kiss. They stared at each other, beaming big smiles. They reminded me of newlyweds.

Suddenly, I heard myself asking “Wow, how old have you been married?”

“We’ve been together 14 years, and have been married 12 of those.”

“Well then, how long have you been away?”

He replied with a smile on his face: “Two whole days!”

I was stunned, as I imagined that he had been gone for several weeks. I could only say: “I hope my marriage is still that passionate after 12 years!”

The man looked straight into my eyes and told me something that changed my life: “Don‘t hope, friend, decide!”

Meditate: Now it came to pass, when he had been there a long time, that Abimelech king of the Philistines looked through a window, and saw, and there was Isaac, showing endearment to Rebekah his wife. – Genesis 26:8

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Use HE To Describe GOD / Its Has Always Been DONT JUDGE. / The Old Time Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.