Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (56029 Views)

Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos / Nigeria’s Cashew Export Hits N49.7bn / Made-in-Aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by fairheven: 12:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
kel4soft: I have a special tailor that makes my clothes for me at Aba. Those guys are genius. I can make close to 15 clothes at once there ranging from shirts to my etibo. But, for now I don't patronise their shoes and jeans cos they are still way below standard, that may change soonest if this topic is anything to go by.
Their shoes an jeans are better than China by far cool

8 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
arresa:

It is impossible, no country on the surface of the earth moves million shoes a day.
What do you know about the 1million figure posted by Abagworo? Igorance is really a cancer. For your information, Aba is not just a city, it is a manufacturing zone and has always been since the early 60's. Over 70 percent of the total Aba population are into one manufacturing industry or the other. Key among this is the shoe and clothing industry. Almost all the Etibo - an Ikwerre reglia - worn in the Niger-Delta is made in Aba. The major shoe factories in Aba are close to 50,000 both small and large. I have not even mentioned students and other jobless graduates who engage in part time shoe mending. If a single shoe firm can produce 20 shoes a day both genuine and fake; automatically it amounts to a million a day. You can do the maths. Mind you the bulk of these shoes find their way into many African cities and towns. Also some percentages are distributed to boutiques and stores in the whole federation - from Sokoto to Jalingo. Who says we can't do better than the Chinese? What Aba needs now is support and commendation and not this your attitude of let's pull it down because it isn't located in my region.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Lilimax(f): 12:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
sarutobie: this isn't news naa..The first time I ventured deep into D-line in ariara market way back in 2004, na so I see one shoemaker making two pairs of 'kito' sandals for a lady who was waiting to take it back to her kids to start the new session...it didn't take him more than an hour..I was like so this sandals wey I wear for primary school those years ago dey form big boy na for this aba dem produce am
lol

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by shizzle11(m): 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: One million pairs a day is obviously a gross exaggeration...but then again if the amount is not inflated then the news is not coming from the South East.
ISpiksaDaTFool is that you?

arresa:

One million a day sounds way way more than exaggeration. Its utterly impossible from every angle. Even major shoe makers with better facilities and capacities all over the world can not move 1 million a day.
so says areasand

django1:
Lol. How many people dey this earth sef.
djangoat1 shut up.

God bless Aba!

God bless Abia state!(minus Theodore) angry

God bless umuigbo!

PROUDLY IGBO! cool

10 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
Abia adi vago mma
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by shizzle11(m): 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2014
Abagworo/Abagoro my enemy friend, this is the kind of news you should be bringing us from alaigbo, for the first time and hopefully not the last i say, well done wink

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Chamber10(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
This is one thing I like about easterners. They are very hardworking. Keep it up Aba boys. Wish govt can support them.

8 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Konquest: 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
Abagworo: What I've always said is that all Aba needs is good roads and "beautification" to prosper. Aba is actually the 2nd richest city in Nigeria after Port Harcourt before Lagos which comes 3rd and that is without functional Government presence.

The 1st private power plant has long been completed in Aba and the usual Igbo politics of businessman vs intellect is keeping it under lock. Igbos are busy looking for a fault in Okorocha while Emeka Offor is holding down geometric power limited. For the records geometric power was permitted and construction took off during Obasanjo tenure as the 1st private power generation company in addition to 2 owned by Rivers State Government.

@ Abagworo

Hope you know that Lagos has a GDP of $100 Billion out of Nigeria's $509 Billion GDP.

So what is Aba's GDP to make it the 2nd richest city after PH that you quoted in your post above? undecided undecided
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Elypsis(m): 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
Make our politicians begin dey wear made in Nig products especially shoes make the pressy himsef dey knack Aba shoes den na dat tym we go knw say we dey improve for Naija...We as citizens dnt reckon with our own products proudly but we attch much importance to some fuckin gucci,ben sherman etc......oya show the shoe wey no go spoil nah??Kudos to u Aba Shoemakers!! I hail una!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by prowlG: 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
That is really nice to here.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
As for me I rock my made in Aba gown with pride

Local content gives personal contentment and satisfaction when applied tongue

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Konquest: 12:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
Konquest:

@ Abagworo

Hope you know that Lagos has a GDP of $100 Billion out of Nigeria's $509 Billion GDP.

So what is Aba's GDP to make it the 2nd richest city after PH that you quoted in your post above? undecided undecided

@ Abagworo

Infact Abia or even Aba do not feature in the 3rd position as you stated in your post in this
Info on the GDP of States in Nigeria ===>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP

The 2014 Lagos Re-based GDP as I stated earlier is $100 billion ====>>
[[The city of 20 million plus people probably accounts for up to 20 percent of the economic
activity taking place in Nigeria, meaning it has a nominal GDP of roughly $100 billion or a fifth
of Nigeria’s rebased output of $510 billion]]. ====>>

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/04/lingering-gas-supply-issues-undermine-efforts-to-power-lagos/#.VCCCAlf7Oho

Just a quick one ===> CHECK THESE DIRTY PICTURES OF Aba BELOW:

=====> https://www.nairaland.com/1350005/richest-states-nigeria-gdp-per/2

grin

[b][/b]

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by buJu234: 12:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
if only the SE govt. can put their heads in order;

SE has the potential of becoming the china of Africa.

who were china & Taiwan products during the days of Made of Japan products?
they were all cheap;fake & counter-fit products but today from that cheap; fake; they are now ruling the world in manufacturing.

this i believe if the SE should continue with their manufacturing skills plus the govt. encouraging their efforts; they will fly to higher height

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by bigfrancis21: 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
Abagworo:

Yes I know there. I hope you don't buy from those boys inside that mini market unless fairly used. 90% of Moccasin shoes worn in Nigeria are Aba made. Might even be more. Port-Harcourt boys don't wear Aba stuffs unless tricked into buying them.

Wow. I never knew Mocasin shoes were Aba made. Before I left Nigeria last year I bought 2 pairs of Mocasin shoes and these shoes are of superb quality. I still wear them till today and they are still as strong as I bought them. These shoes I wear as dress(corporate) shoes here.

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ihedinobi2: 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
That city is an unmined field of rough diamonds. If you doubt it, you don't know it.

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2014
That's very nice of them buh they should try and organize themselves, even if it's to pack all the dirt and sand-fill the whole of Aba it will be good and not wait for that their record breaking and Slowpoke of a Governor wink

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by frodobee: 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2014
I wonder what life in Enugu would be without Amah breweries. Guldermacin syrup made in Amah is one drug that has kept many families and friends together and many men alive. I am one of them.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
Donmarrius:

Truth is that,its only Abia and Anambra,that can give Lagos a run for her money.

Why must it come to this ? Abia and Anambra doing well is good news but they are not the only ones different parts of the country have their own advantages whether it be water in Cross River Akwa Ibom Rivers and Ondo, Palm Oil in Edo Cattle from the Nort etc there are opportunities ALL OVER Nigeria. As of today the truth is that Abia and Anambra are still very much behind Non oil states like Ogun Oyo,Kano,Kaduna,Edo,Osun ,Benue and Osun in terms of GDP. As a matter of fact in the SE Imo state is way ahead of Anambra state and Abia in terms of economic output and is quite capable of competing with Lagos so I don't agree that Abia or Anambra are in any way bigger economies than those states listed above

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by abdulkayus(m): 12:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
I salute d igbo ingenuity bt that figures of 1million shoes in a day is a outright lie. Its exaggeration. Dey can make many shoes in a day bt 1 million Haba. Make we dey lie smal smal nahhh.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by bebe2(f): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
Nigeria cud ave been the china of today, but trust our govt,

their lack of vision no let them
Do d necessary. angry

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Malawian(m): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
aryzgreat: The day I respect ABA was when an ABA tailor sew suit for me, people were asking me where I bought d Italian suit from. Trust me I have to enjoy d euphoria and swag by hyping the suit. Only me , d tailor and God know d ' Italian suit was ABA made.

I wish Abia will vote in a visionary leader to harness d potentials in that state.
i dont know if the suits i bought at main market onitsha is sewn at aba, but ....
bring your "original" pierre cardin, let us compare it with mine. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
No na...Aba guys are good
...my husband used to have this guy that imports shirts, it cost too much money biko.
-One day I don't know I waka inside market, I saw where they were selling shirt materials, even the ones that resembles my hubbys' acclaimed designers. I made enquiries...
The next time my hubby was due for shopping - I style him - so he gave me the money na...I selected materials, a tailor made them quick service under a week/dry cleaned them...my husband wey dey form say im fit identify designers, that one pass am...Aba people much mbok!!
I really don't do their shoes, but I respect their tailors

9 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Emvin(m): 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
Donmarrius: I have been longing for this.

Truth is that,its only Abia and Anambra,that can give Lagos a run for her money.

The administrations in Anambra starting from Obi to Obiano,are actually getting it right,but more needs to be done.

While in Abia,i was thinking Orji Uzor was either suffering from greed and hence,kept the state fund to himself or he is lucifer that took over the governance of Abia state,so as to imporvrish the people therein,untill i was able to understand that,T.A Orji,is the combination of the two,summarily tagged the "greedy luficer".
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by LajaLaba: 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2014
onwundiyoruba: yes oooo, i don't know what i did to her even the yoruba guy keep chasing me with cutlass.
What a muppet grin why are u replying yourself?
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by LajaLaba: 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
Respect Aba boys
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by felifeli: 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: One million pairs a day is obviously a gross exaggeration...but then again if the amount is not inflated then the news is not coming from the South East.
Haba Aba!!
One million shoes per day ? Obviously the man does not know how to count . Any amount over 1000 is 1 million to a lot of Ibo guys grin grin grin
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by dokunbam(m): 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
our own thing
proudly naija
Aba made products representing since after civil war wink

I hope made in Nigeria is on those products
not made China or Malaysia

Then let them add quality and style
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kettykin: 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
Konquest:

@ Abagworo

Aba is not all about shoe making, Aba has the largest Malting factory in the whole of Africa, Aba also has the largest canning plant in the whole of africa , Aba has an IPP waiting to be fired, Aba has brewing plants from guiness , NBL, Dubic and coca cola plant , Aba has numerous manufacturing giant plants from Liver brothers , IEA, PZ ,pfizer ,metallurgical plant, Glass plants etc , Aba has the largest shoe cluster in Africa, Aba is bursting on its seams , if not for the useless anti igbo Nigerian sentiments Aba would have been like Shenzhen in China with heavy industries spewing out products shipped all over africa but Alas they have even bungle the Aba power project selling the same project to 2 igbo individuals supervised by BPE and the Vice president whom Jonathan might dump.

if Aba had continued its growth from the 70s to the 80s by now Nigeria would have been a giant but the collase of the power industry forced many of the entrepreneurs to move to lagos turning their factories to warehouses

6 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
Aba Ngwa,way to go.
Those guys are very talented but all they need is better equipment,materials and more training and they will compete with Gucci and Prada brands. Abia needs an Obi or Obiano to create the right environment.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Emvin(m): 12:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
Donmarrius: I have been longing for this.

The administrations in Anambra starting from Obi to Obiano,are actually getting it right,but more needs to be done.

While in Abia,i was thinking Orji Uzor was either suffering from greed and hence,kept the state fund to himself or he is lucifer that took over the governance of Abia state,so as to imporvrish the people therein,untill i was able to understand that,T.A Orji,is the combination of the two,summarily tagged the "greedy luficer".

you said it all ma broda.
I had 2 like and also quote u.
T.A. Orji is not just dat, he is also a criminal.
I wonder y we can't produce good leaders
2015 is around d corner, I really hope we get it rite dis tym around

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by jennylove7575(f): 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
Funny enough, this Abba made shoes are of good quality and very fashionable. I see a lot of their shoes in Dubai...because most of their female shoes are wide fit, its comfortable to wear. Abba shoe makers have greatly improved in quality of their product. I love Abba made..it makes me feel proud to be Nigerian.. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
Nairaland has finally exposed me.....aba shoes are durable and my shoe makers take more time and precision to make their shoes......different designs are availaible at very very very cheap prices.....I'll post more pics later...DISTRIBUTORS ARE. WANTED!...SUPPLY CAPACITY IS IN THOUSANDS.....08037974310

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE / i Will Give 3 Nairalanders My Life Changing Import Guide For Free. Ends In Hrs!! / Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.