Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Why I Dropped Jumia Affiliate Program - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why I Dropped Jumia Affiliate Program (4866 Views)

Introducing Affiliateshop - A Wordpress Plugin For Building Jumia Affiliate Stor / Addynamo Vs Konga Vs Jumia Affiliate, Which Is More Paying? / How To Make Money From Mobofree Affiliate Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Dropped Jumia Affiliate Program by mavtrevor(m): 7:15am On Sep 22, 2014
Since Jumia moved its affiliate program to a new platform, a lot of people have voiced their concern especially about the invalidation of old links. Jumia has asked that everyone on the new platform must change all the old links from the previous platform to new ones else commissions will not be paid for sales generated.

I have suggested they implement the DirectLink method *.yoursite.com* just as they have in Konga affiliate program. That way you won't have to generate affiliate links always, the product URL can serve as an affiliate link. Imagine you have thousands of old Jumia links on your blog, it will take a very long time to effectively change them all, this is totally unfair as Jumia knows everyone cannot do this and will enjoy the sales without paying a dime as commission.

Even their new platform is a little bit complicated to use. In an article titled "Why I dropped Jumia Affiliate Program for Konga Affiliate Program", i have shared why i dropped Jumia Affiliate Program for Konga affiliate program.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Jumia Affiliate Program by fleps(m): 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
Nice. I rep your blog. I love genuine bloggers who take time to write their articles. Its a delight to me always... cheesy God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Jumia Affiliate Program by mavtrevor(m): 3:06pm On Sep 22, 2014
Thanks Fleps, i try to be different in my choice of articles not minding what anyone is thinking....Jumia is stealing from us and until we stand to take a position they wont stop. Can you imaging Commission Junction or Amazon doing same? But here they think bloggers don't have a say...and until we make them know we know what they are doing they wont stop....imaging invalidating all the links from the previous platforms...sales will still be made from those links but no commissions will be paid...aint hat SCAM?
Re: Why I Dropped Jumia Affiliate Program by fleps(m): 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
mavtrevor: Thanks Fleps, i try to be different in my choice of articles not minding what anyone is thinking....Jumia is stealing from us and until we stand to take a position they wont stop. Can you imaging Commission Junction or Amazon doing same? But here they think bloggers don't have a say...and until we make them know we know what they are doing they wont stop....imaging invalidating all the links from the previous platforms...sales will still be made from those links but no commissions will be paid...aint hat SCAM?

Scam bro. Big scam. I'm signed up for Amason. I hope to try Konga someday.
Re: Why I Dropped Jumia Affiliate Program by fleps(m): 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
I also noticed something on your blog. You don't talk or write about adsense
Re: Why I Dropped Jumia Affiliate Program by Youngzedd(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
You're not the only one.

I have sent them countless email but none replied, they end their calls countless times.

The person handling Jumia affiliate program should be sacked.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Jumia Affiliate Program by mavtrevor(m): 5:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
fleps: I also noticed something on your blog. You don't talk or write about adsense

Not entirely true, i have published a handful of posts on adsense. But mostly on Netmediablog, i try to solve people's problems.

Maybe i should look into it and see what i can come up with. Thanks for pointing it out.

Youngzedd: You're not the only one.
I have sent them countless email but none replied, they end their calls countless times.
The person handling Jumia affiliate program should be sacked.

It is a total waste of time trying to get in contact with the Jumia affiliate program support team as they often won't reply you. Took almost a month to pay me earnings from the previous platform....

Konga is a bit better, wished they could work around the manual verification of sales as it often delays commission approval.

I hope to inspire other bloggers to speak up on the way these guys are running the program, it is not transparent at all.
Re: Why I Dropped Jumia Affiliate Program by osile2012: 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
click the link on my signature and rate them based on your experience. Almost all major websites in Nigeria are represented there. You can rate them.

(1) (Reply)

Having Problems Getting Adsense? / How To Unsubscribe From The MTN Quick Facebook Service. / Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.