Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! (5798 Views)

Samsung Wanting To Build An 11K Mobile Display That Can Look Alike 3D / Wanting To Relocate To Nigeria From America! What Jobs Are Available For Me? / Does Any One Know Of Record Label Wanting To Sign Upcoming Artistes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by spankyflex(m): 9:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
beauty55:

What makes you think that I can not offer a quality nursery? Not only would I offer them good care, i would also teach manners and offer my love. Am not white by my choice, so I would not expect any special treatment due to it. Of course I would get all the necessary paper work and research done. I am not interested in fake friends just because they have money. Sorry but not everyone is after money and not everyone is the same. Am white on the outside but black in the inside. smiley put on a smile for a change, it might just brighten up your day.
ma'am will advice you invest on real estate;its lucrative and prone to inflation; it has an edge over other forms of investment; though the returns may not come in bulk in the first few years; but in the long run its worth it
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by oluwajt(m): 4:24am On Sep 25, 2014
You can reach me on 07069640629 and I will tell all about the business of a cyber cafe and gaming too
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by prologue: 5:12am On Sep 25, 2014
Good idea. At a recent training I had in Abuja, the American speaker said so many foreigners are queuing for our visa. We were shocked. Last time I brought some Chinese for mining, it was an ex minister that had to intervene for them to get visa. Nigeria is full of opportunities.
For the matter at hand. Good business idea. it can work but it will take a longer gestation period. First choice of IMO state should be for reason of husband I guess. Good you studied business. let's make the best use of the perceived obstacle around and turn them to opportunities.
Having been to Owerri, there are schools, hotels hotels hotels and relaxation points. the tertiary schools provides "feed stock" for most hospitality viz.
( pardon the rather complex relationship"
Your cafe n gaming center should meet the needs of the young n restless, the matured... Packaging is key cos common the two, they need prestige....
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by prologue: 5:13am On Sep 25, 2014
Good idea. At a recent training I had in Abuja, the American speaker said so many foreigners are queuing for our visa. We were shocked. Last time I brought some Chinese for mining, it was an ex minister that had to intervene for them to get visa. Nigeria is full of opportunities.
For the matter at hand. Good business idea. it can work but it will take a longer gestation period. First choice of IMO state should be for reason of husband I guess. Good you studied business. let's make the best use of the perceived obstacle around and turn them to opportunities.
Having been to Owerri, there are schools, hotels hotels hotels and relaxation points. the tertiary schools provides "feed stock" for most hospitality viz.
( pardon the rather complex relationship"
Your cafe n gaming center should meet the needs of the young n restless, the matured... Packaging is key cos common the two, they need prestige....they stands them out of the crowd.
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by prologue: 5:31am On Sep 25, 2014
we can expand on the above.... but u gone ahead to start buying some needed items... shows you are passionate. but u must marry the head and the heart.
why not look at providing a feedstock to all facets. You are a mother. you will need time. look at the creche and nursery school first. People want to leave their kids with trusted persons and proper conditioning for growth. Your country has one of the highest literacy level in the world. why not understudy it at that stage and modify it to suit the Nigerian environment. it can grow into primary and secondary later.
let me give you an insight. some pay so much for a British Montessori school cos by default they think getting to UK for their wards later would be easier.
I went to a university preparatory school in benin city cos my mum was convinced that getting to the university was going to be easier. We have Turkish..... Montessori....
My point... think along a fusion of Swedish Nigeria ......am sure you can fill in the blank spaces... Going to Sweden to can be a reality in future . Welcome to Nigeria. We love foreigners.

1 Like

Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by prologue: 5:40am On Sep 25, 2014
sorry for rather long epistles but its good we understand your bias. Am passionate about start up. You can succeed here. Naira land has intellectuals in different areas. Your reply would encourage the newer line of reasoning and details. Welcome once again to Nigeria.
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 25, 2014
lol.
Re: White Woman Wanting To Move To Nigeria!!! by londoner: 4:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
beauty55: Hello fellow Nigerians. Am a young white woman , married to a Nigerian and we have 2 kids. We are planning to move to Nigeria in near future. Do you have any ideas what business area should I look into? I have been preparing to open a cyber cafe with a gaming station. I also have graduated from my business studies.
Hoping to get some good ideas and support to fasten our move to Nigeria..
Also if anyone has experiences of moving back home with kids born abroad, I would like to hear how did the kids respond to such a huge change.
Thanks for your help! smiley

Hi OP, its good that you are excited about the move. Can I ask one favour though (please don't be offended),try not to lead with the fact that you are white.

Anyhoo, I'm not sure where in Nigeria you are headed (I hope it's Abuja). As many have said here, just about any business can be profitable in Nigeria. If you can draw up a business plan and get advice before you leave, you can avoid some the pitfalls of businesses that don't survive beyond three years, due to lack of planning.

It's hard to choose when you can go in any direction, but, I would say create a business around your passion. Or what you get the most joy from. That will keep you in for the long haul.

Think about who your target audience/clientele are and what their likes are, be they Nigerians or expats, the rich or the working class etc. When you have visited Nigeria, you may have seen some gaps due to the fact that you came from abroad. Filling those gaps is an automatic USP and is likely to be profitable.

Very simple ideas can make a successful business.

If you are to open a gaming shop, what will make yours different from the others that are alredy there? That is what you should focus on. Or what can you provide, which is already in other climes, i.e Asia, America, that Nigeria is yet to be [/b]exposed to?

I would also advise you (if you can) to move over gradually, or even do 6 mothly stays in the beginning to grow the business and[b] let it's success justify
a final move.

It's very good to see your obvious enthusiasm for Nigeria, though.

Oh, and also please join an expat community waaaaay before you go and forge your own friendships and contacts. There is one called Internations, and it's very.....very good. It will facilitate a smoother transition.

Best of luck!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Civil Defence Recruitment 2016 – NSCDC 2016 Recruitment / Before You Quit Your Low Paying Job Check This List / Challenges Of Being An Accountant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.