Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Redeemed, Winners Chapel Pastors Seek Political Posts In Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Redeemed, Winners Chapel Pastors Seek Political Posts In Osun (802 Views)

Why Are Nlders Avoiding My Political Posts? - Cramjones / Why Are People Not Commenting In My Political Posts? - Cramjones / Should Religious Leaders Seek Political Positions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redeemed, Winners Chapel Pastors Seek Political Posts In Osun by Johnnyessence(m): 9:37am On Sep 22, 2014
A pastor of the Redeemed
Christian Church of God,
Ayo Olowofoyeku, and
another pastor from the
Living Faith Church also
known as Winners’ Chapel,
Olusola Fatokun, are
among aspirants showing
interest in picking tickets
to represent Osun East
Senatorial District at the
Senate and to become
lawmaker at Osun State House of Assembly respectively.
Fatokun, who addressed journalists in Osogbo, where he declared his ambition to
represent Boripe/Boluwaduro at the House of Assembly said his involvement in politics
was part of his assignment as a pastor.
The two clerics are contesting on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party
Fatokun scored the present House of Assembly in the state low while describing the state
lawmakers as “rubber stamp” who he said lacked the courage to check the “excesses” of
Governor Rauf Aregbesola.
Fatokun said, “Pastors and imams are politicians because they have to persuade some of
their followers before arriving at some decisions. I am not led by the Holy Spirit to go
into politics but it is part of my assignment as a pastor.
“I don’t need to be led. After God, political leaders are the next; so this kind of powerful
and highly influential institution should not be left to the riffraff to handle.
“Politics is a great service to the people. I will be able to affect many more people
positively if I am elected.”
Fatokun, who is the pastors of the Winners’ Chapel at Obaagun in Ifelodun Local
Government Area of Osun State opposed the call for part time legislature.
He also urged political leaders in the country to look for a way of scaling down the cost
of governance.
According to him, Osun State is not developing the way it should because lawmakers at
the House of Assembly have not been able to check the executive especially when the
governor is not doing the right thing.
Olowofoyeku, who said he contested senatorial ticket of the Alliance for Democracy
against Senator Mojisoluwa Akinfenwa in 1998 said he decided to contest again because
of his determination to serve his people.
The aspirant expressed optimism at the petition of Senator Iyiola Omisore before the
Election Petitions Tribunal. He said he was confident that justice would be done and the
PDP would rule the state.
Olowofoyeku said, “People always say politics is a dirty game but we need clean people to
clean up our politics. If good people don’t participate in politics, it will remain dirty and
the people will be denied the opportunities to have good leaders.
“Christians should not feel shy to seek elective offices, they are needed just like every
good person irrespective of their religion to serve the interest of the people.” dailytimes.com.ng/article/redeemed-winners-chapel-pastors-seek-political-posts-osun
Re: Redeemed, Winners Chapel Pastors Seek Political Posts In Osun by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 22, 2014
Fatokun said, “Pastors and imams are politicians because they have to persuade some of
their followers before arriving at some decisions. I am not led by the Holy Spirit to go
into politics but it is part of my assignment as a pastor.
“I don’t need to be led. After God, political leaders are the next; so this kind of powerful
and highly influential institution should not be left to the riffraff to handle.

The two clerics are contesting on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party
PDP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fawa to the Feeful grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Redeemed, Winners Chapel Pastors Seek Political Posts In Osun by mistudreh(m): 9:56am On Sep 22, 2014
LOOOOOOL.... So these Hungry lions still dey my state.

OGBENI till 2018!!!!!!!!
Re: Redeemed, Winners Chapel Pastors Seek Political Posts In Osun by philantoxx(m): 11:14am On Sep 22, 2014
welcome to d murky waters of politiks
Re: Redeemed, Winners Chapel Pastors Seek Political Posts In Osun by AONO: 11:26am On Sep 22, 2014
Let the will of God be done
Re: Redeemed, Winners Chapel Pastors Seek Political Posts In Osun by enm(m): 11:37am On Sep 22, 2014
AONO: Let the will of God be done

In Jesus name. Amen
Re: Redeemed, Winners Chapel Pastors Seek Political Posts In Osun by Donfamous(m): 11:44am On Sep 22, 2014
Its high time Christians go into politics. (especially pastors)

(1) (Reply)

Iraq Women-sold-in-market As Sex Slave / 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today / Kastina APC To Buy Form For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.