Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:18 PM

My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? (6876 Views)

Myth About Calabar Girls / Akwa Ibom/calabar Girls / Why Do Akwa Ibom Guys Like Dating Akwa Ibom/calabar Girls Only... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by chemystery: 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
Saturday 20th September is my first time of visiting Calabar. Traveling all the way from Port Harcourt, I happen to sit next to a beautiful lady. We chatted all through the journey. I went through her phone, while she went through mine. She told me she hails from Calabar and works there too. At a point when we were getting closer to Calabar, she told me she will soon drop and I replied "Wow, so soon? Well, no problem...". After like 10mins, she said she is almost close to where she will drop. I replied "alright na, take care of yourself when you get back". At this point, she grabbed my phone and dialed her number. Not long after that, she alighted and left. "I was like, WHAT So this story about Calabar girls is true...". And that was that...
Now, yesterday, I decided to stroll down to unical so I boarded a taxi. While in the taxi, I met one fair pretty lady with nice physique. She sat next to the driver while I sat behind. She picks every question I direct to the driver about finding my way to certain places. Being very good and jovial in meeting new friends, having a good sense of humor, and also being able engage in quality conversation, we began to chat and she was really enjoying my company. To cut story short, I alighted from the taxi and gave the driver 1K note. While driver was looking for change this beautiful girl asked me "can I have your number?". Haaaa! See me see calabar o! Chei! Na so we take exchanged numbers o. Abeg, is this the "calabar girls syndrome" I have been hearing about or is it my own doings? This thing I'm saying happend within 2 days.

P.S: Why be say na the time person no deh find girls na when dem go con deh find am?
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by ifex370(m): 1:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
some pipo can lie ehn.... shocked

6 Likes

Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by ifex370(m): 1:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
some pipo can lie ehn....
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 22, 2014
Maybe because u are cute and you ooze sexiness.
By the way "Can i have your number?" grin

4 Likes

Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by chemystery: 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2014
ifex370: some pipo can lie ehn.... shocked
There are two things Truth and False! You. Just have to take it to be one but nothing changes my true experience.
sexyseun: Maybe because u are cute and you ooze sexiness.
By the way "Can i have your number?" grin
My dear, if you check my post, I never said anything close to my being cute moreover I'm not cute in that sense. Hmmmmn. My number? Are you a calabar girl? grin

2 Likes

Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by thorpido(m): 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
So only two girls in Calabar?Do you know how many ladies are in Calabar?
I think this is just a stereotype.

1 Like

Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by chemystery: 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
thorpido: So only two girls in Calabar?Do you know how many ladies are in Calabar?
I think this is just a stereotype.
that means you are saying it's my doing and not the "calabar girl" syndrome...
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
calabar girls too like joystick (no be me talk am o) grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by thorpido(m): 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
chemystery: that means you are saying it's my doing and not the "calabar girl" syndrome...
The calabar girl syndrome is over-hyped.You will still see this kind of thing in other parts of the country.
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
@ Poster, what makes u feel the two ladies dat asked for ur number are real or typical calabar babes?u wuld've asked them their state of origin,cos they may be living here in Calabar but are'nt from here.I don't know why its so typical of non-Calabar ladies who manage to pitch their tents here in my dear state tend 2 always give the impression dat they are from here.They are the ones involved in all categories of social ills here in Calabar,& paint the indigenes as the sole culprits. To correct ur impression,a typical Calabar girl is'nt loose or nymphomanic, contrary to a cross-section of popular opinion.Calabar ladies are naturally socially disciplined,they don't impose friendship or relatnship on nobody,but what u can't take away from them is their warm,endearing,pampering,beautiful & neat nature.Got that!!

3 Likes

Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by chemystery: 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
enkay4love: @ Poster, what makes u feel the two ladies dat asked for ur number are real or typical calabar babes?u wuld've asked them their state of origin,cos they may be living here in Calabar but are'nt from here.I don't know why its so typical of non-Calabar ladies who manage to pitch their tents here in my dear state tend 2 always give the impression dat they are from here.They are the ones involved in all categories of social ills here in Calabar,& paint the indigenes as the sole culprits. To correct ur impression,a typical Calabar girl is'nt loose or nymphomanic, contrary to a cross-section of popular opinion.Calabar ladies are naturally socially disciplined,they don't impose friendship or relatnship on nobody,but what u can't take away from them is their warm,endearing,pampering,beautiful & neat nature.Got that!!
Thanks, but i don't feel both are from Calabar but they both told me they are from this region. One told me she is from cross river(not calabar) but based in calabar while the other is pure calabar blood. Moreover i never said calabar girls are promiscuous but heard alot from friends, mostly females i went to hang out with yesterday at unical. In fact, after hearing my story, one of them explixitly told me that most of her female friends from CR state sleep around with men even after married. She said it's the lifestyle for most girls around that i should just be careful. She told me that Calabar girls can cook and know how to take care of a man in all ramification. She really praised them though. From what i've seen and heard, i believe there should be element of truth in it. Of course not everyone will possess such characteristics. My friend said almost exactly that in bold, so i will go with all she said. Make i still deh observe sha....

1 Like

Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by izaray(f): 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
@Poster, dn't u tink they are polite girls, ok dey collected ur number, did dey asked u to go to bed wit dem? Some guys sha, pls we need answers to be sure of weather, wat u are talking dem to be is right or wrong!
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by izaray(f): 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
enkay4love: @ Poster, what makes u feel the two ladies dat asked for ur number are real or typical calabar babes?u wuld've asked them their state of origin,cos they may be living here in Calabar but are'nt from here.I don't know why its so typical of non-Calabar ladies who manage to pitch their tents here in my dear state tend 2 always give the impression dat they are from here.They are the ones involved in all categories of social ills here in Calabar,& paint the indigenes as the sole culprits. To correct ur impression,a typical Calabar girl is'nt loose or nymphomanic, contrary to a cross-section of popular opinion.Calabar ladies are naturally socially disciplined,they don't impose friendship or relatnship on nobody,but what u can't take away from them is their warm,endearing,pampering,beautiful & neat nature.Got that!!
True talk my dear
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by izaray(f): 4:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
izaray: @Poster, dn't u tink they are polite girls, ok dey collected ur number, did dey asked u to go to bed wit dem? Some guys sha, pls we need answers to be sure of weather, wat u are talking dem to be is right or wrong!
@Poster i av seen ur explaination anyway, internet was bad, so i poster my comment b/4 seeing ur reply!
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by chemystery: 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
thorpido: The calabar girl syndrome is over-hyped.You will still see this kind of thing in other parts of the country.
Bro, i have been to close to 20 states in Nigeria and i have never seen anything of this sort up to the extent of happening in quick succession. I know it is overhyped but i believe there must be an element of truism in it. Moreover, i met a female friend yesterday alongside with her friends and they were telling me to be careful after i narrated my experience to them. They said if calabar girls pamper me, say i no go leave Calabar again. She even told me most of her friends sleep around even after getting married. Now imagine this coming from a lady.

The thing be say dem jam the wrong person cos i my eye deh up. Na to do wetin carry me come waka go. No time!
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by chemystery: 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
izaray: @Poster, dn't u tink they are polite girls, ok dey collected ur number, did dey asked u to go to bed wit dem? Some guys sha, pls we need answers to be sure of weather, wat u are talking dem to be is right or wrong!
No i don't have problem with them asking for my number o. Seriously i cherish girls that dont form. Maybe it shows calabar girls don't form and are very friendly. On the other hand i believe it's my good relation skills grin I'm just really fun to chat with and they enjoyed my company. They are better than girls who torment themselves so they don't look cheap. Who get your time? If you like cheap, if you like expensive, girl na girl and na the same thing all of dem get. I go even prefer cheap ones sef so i save more cheesy
izaray: @Poster i av seen ur explaination anyway, internet was bad, so i poster my comment b/4 seeing ur reply!
No qualms
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by tanton(f): 4:20pm On Sep 22, 2014

Ball Pen Drawing of Davido stage 1 by Ayeola Ayodeji..Nigerian portrait Artist

Ball Pen Drawing of Davido stage 2 by Ayeola Ayodeji..Nigerian portrait Artist.

Ball Pen Drawing of Davido stage 3 by Ayeola Ayodeji..Nigerian portrait Artist.

Ball Pen Drawing of Davido stage 4 by Ayeola Ayodeji..Nigerian portrait Artist.

Completed Ball Pen Drawing of Davido Final stage by Ayeola Ayodeji..Nigerian portrait Artist.

Portraits by Ayeola Ayodeji..Nigerian Artist.

7 Likes

Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by thorpido(m): 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
chemystery: Bro, i have been to close to 20 states in Nigeria and i have never seen anything of this sort up to the extent of happening in quick succession. I know it is overhyped but i believe there must be an element of truism in it. Moreover, i met a female friend yesterday alongside with her friends and they were telling me to be careful after i narrated my experience to them. They said if calabar girls pamper me, say i no go leave Calabar again. She even told me most of her friends sleep around even after getting married. Now imagine this coming from a lady.

The thing be say dem jam the wrong person cos i my eye deh up. Na to do wetin carry me come waka go. No time!
LOL.Element of truth fit dey there.
Carry your face up as you talk o,make e no be say people go dey wait you for PH,you go put them for 'is coming'.
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by Agybabe(f): 4:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
Op, it should be your doing.

Remember, you were so open, jovial, etc. And girls are into guys like that.

BTW, attitude is based on individuality and not tribalistic.

I be confirmed Calabar girl and a residence of same but I don't think I can act the way the 2 girls did.

I may like you and hope you like me too but I won't push it further by asking for your number.

1 Like

Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by Rachealfebian(f): 6:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
Wow, lovely hand wrk u've got, I have an opportunity for u
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by chemystery: 7:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
Rachealfebian: Wow, lovely hand wrk u've got, I have an opportunity for u
hmmmm! If you read my post you will realize I was only going my business or you be calabar girl?
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by chemystery: 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
Agybabe: Op, it should be your doing.

Remember, you were so open, jovial, etc. And girls are into guys like that.

BTW, attitude is based on individuality and not tribalistic.

I be confirmed Calabar girl and a residence of same but I don't think I can act the way the 2 girls did.

I may like you and hope you like me too but I won't push it further by asking for your number.
if you don't push it further when you like the person, then you are only tormenting yourself. Attitude on its own is influence by geographical area and culture hope you know that? For instance, we africans are too formal when relating with elders than the europeans. The yorubas are said to show more respect and regard to an elderly person than other tribe. Culture geographical location does affect an individual. Moreso, I believe it was more on how I related with them than my looks or the so called calabar syndrome
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by Agybabe(f): 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
chemystery: if you don't push it further when you like the person, then you are only tormenting yourself. Attitude on its own is influence by geographical area and culture hope you know that? For instance, we africans are too formal when relating with elders than the europeans. The yorubas are said to show more respect and regard to an elderly person than other tribe. Culture geographical location does affect an individual. Moreso, I believe it was more on how I related with them than my looks or the so called calabar syndrome
Who told you I'll be tormenting myself?
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by HopeAtHand: 9:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
chemystery: Saturday 20th September is my first time of visiting Calabar. Traveling all the way from Port Harcourt, I happen to sit next to a beautiful lady. We chatted all through the journey. I went through her phone, while she went through mine. She told me she hails from Calabar and works there too. At a point when we were getting closer to Calabar, she told me she will soon drop and I replied "Wow, so soon? Well, no problem...". After like 10mins, she said she is almost close to where she will drop. I replied "alright na, take care of yourself when you get back". At this point, she grabbed my phone and dialed her number. Not long after that, she alighted and left. "I was like, WHAT So this story about Calabar girls is true...". And that was that...
Now, yesterday, I decided to stroll down to unical so I boarded a taxi. While in the taxi, I met one fair pretty lady with nice physique. She sat next to the driver while I sat behind. She picks every question I direct to the driver about finding my way to certain places. Being very good and jovial in meeting new friends, having a good sense of humor, and also being able engage in quality conversation, we began to chat and she was really enjoying my company. To cut story short, I alighted from the taxi and gave the driver 1K note. While driver was looking for change this beautiful girl asked me "can I have your number?". Haaaa! See me see calabar o! Chei! Na so we take exchanged numbers o. Abeg, is this the "calabar girls syndrome" I have been hearing about or is it my own doings? This thing I'm saying happend within 2 days.

P.S: Why be say na the time person no deh find girls na when dem go con deh find am?

Like the good book says, 'it is more blessed to give than to receive'.

And the more important saying 'freely were you given, freely give it onto others' (guys)
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by Rachealfebian(f): 11:20am On Sep 23, 2014
I b calabar gurl, u get any problem wit dat, jst wanted to know if u cn mk some for me. Dats all
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by lawrenceunaa: 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
op what's up with u and ur joviality undecided

If the requested for ur phone number it is up to u to reject or accept their request tongue
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by BreezyRita(f): 4:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
thorpido: The calabar girl syndrome is over-hyped.You will still see this kind of thing in other parts of the country.

Tell him o.
And @ op, those girls,did they tell you they were from there? Most of those girls are people from other states, tribes. Everyone keeps saying Calabar babe this Calabar babe that............ Its just over hyped!!
I'm a Calabar girl ok? I don't do most of these stuff. I've got friends too who don't. And what is wrong with being hospitable? They got your number and you're seeing things...
Did they call you? Ask you out
I was in a taxi once. Sat in front with one Yoruba dude who was visiting town for the first time. He chatted me up the moment I got in. Got to find out he was going to UCTH and didn't know how to get there. Since I was going to school, I insisted he dropped at the stadium while the driver was saying MCC...... He finally dropped with me..
Then he said this: " So you are dropping here? I see why you wanted me to stop here too".. Geez!! He asked for my number and I told him no!! Seriously Cos I was being hospitable, you think I'm loose?
I believe that's what happened in the second case in your story.
WORD?? Stop making mountains out of mole hills!!
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
@ OP,u're obviously confused,ur original post had suspicion of a pre-concieved notion of Calabar girls' moral standards, just because u were lucky 2 had been asked for ur contact by two said ladies in Calabar,but in ur preceding quotes & replies,u encouraged a commentator "not to form" dat u like women who are open about their feelings irrespective of being labeled cheap,so where do u really stand? & for crying out loud,what's the big damn deal abt them asking 4 ur contact?not dat they called u up 4 sex or whatever u're alleging.
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by chemystery: 8:26am On Sep 24, 2014
BreezyRita:

Tell him o.
And @ op, those girls,did they tell you they were from there? Most of those girls are people from other states, tribes. Everyone keeps saying Calabar babe this Calabar babe that............ Its just over hyped!!
I'm a Calabar girl ok? I don't do most of these stuff. I've got friends too who don't. And what is wrong with being hospitable? They got your number and you're seeing things...
Did they call you? Ask you out
I was in a taxi once. Sat in front with one Yoruba dude who was visiting town for the first time. He chatted me up the moment I got in. Got to find out he was going to UCTH and didn't know how to get there. Since I was going to school, I insisted he dropped at the stadium while the driver was saying MCC...... He finally dropped with me..
Then he said this: " So you are dropping here? I see why you wanted me to stop here too".. Geez!! He asked for my number and I told him no!! Seriously Cos I was being hospitable, you think I'm loose?
I believe that's what happened in the second case in your story.
WORD?? Stop making mountains out of mole hills!!
Why do you think giving someone you contact means being loose? Do you know if he want to appreciate your hospitability? Not giving someone your number doesn't mean you are loose but means you are not friendly. There are other ways you can show you are not loose and this one is million miles out of it. Or you wanna tell me I'm loose for giving those ladies my number? Hope you now see you are actually the one trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. You said most of those girls are from other states, but the two I met were from CR state. Even as the girls took my numbers, I don't see them as loose but friendly and jovial.
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by chemystery: 8:52am On Sep 24, 2014
enkay4love: @ OP,u're obviously confused,ur original post had suspicion of a pre-concieved notion of Calabar girls' moral standards, just because u were lucky 2 had been asked for ur contact by two said ladies in Calabar,but in ur preceding quotes & replies,u encouraged a commentator "not to form" dat u like women who are open about their feelings irrespective of being labeled cheap,so where do u really stand? & for crying out loud,what's the big damn deal abt them asking 4 ur contact?not dat they called u up 4 sex or whatever u're alleging.
O.K, let's assume I'm confused and also lucky to have the girls ask for my number. Why haven't I be lucky in every other state I've been to? Why am I so lucky to have such occurrence in quick successions? Will you call that being lucky? Yeah I love ladies who don't torment themselves by stifling their feelings and dying from inside. Seriously, I don't get where you got confused. I said I like girls that don't form, meaning I like those girls for being open. So why are you trying to make it seem am saying two different things? It's a big deal for them to ask for my number cos I was indeed shock for I never expected that. By the way girl, who mentioned about sex? I'm only here to do my thing and leave. Sex is not even in the list of my one-millionth priority. I just enjoy the business of making friends. If they don't call me, it's no big deal and I don't even plan calling them either. Though just one of them called me on monday evening and I've not returned the call. Only met a nairalander last night she is from CR state - very jovial and nice and I enjoyed her company. grin
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by BreezyRita(f): 2:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
chemystery: Why do you think giving someone you contact means being loose? Do you know if he want to appreciate your hospitability? Not giving someone your number doesn't mean you are loose but means you are not friendly. There are other ways you can show you are not loose and this one is million miles out of it. Or you wanna tell me I'm loose for giving those ladies my number? Hope you now see you are actually the one trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. You said most of those girls are from other states, but the two I met were from CR state. Even as the girls took my numbers, I don't see them as loose but friendly and jovial.
Friendly and jovial??
I didn't get that in your post. From your post, it can be deduced that the girls were committing a heinous crime by asking for your number.
And if I had given that guy my contact, I'm sure he'd come to NL and say how loose Calabar girls were............. I'm sure he thought I was making a pass at him. Just cos I tried to help!!
SMH
Re: My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? by chemystery: 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
BreezyRita:
Friendly and jovial??
I didn't get that in your post. From your post, it can be deduced that the girls were committing a heinous crime by asking for your number.
And if I had given that guy my contact, I'm sure he'd come to NL and say how loose Calabar girls were............. I'm sure he thought I was making a pass at him. Just cos I tried to help!!
SMH
haba! Don't misunderstand me o. Moreover my post is more of uncertainty starting from the topic. Anyway, I don't see it as crime for them to ask for my number cos we were already friends. They enjoyed my company and maybe were not satisfied. Maybe they want to keep in touch and all that with no string attached. On the contrary, it might be the other way round. Which ever way it is, I still stand that they are jovial and friendly. I don't attach the fact that a girl asked for my number as being cheap and most girls are taking it too far. You see someone needs your help and still expect you to ask for her number. What nonsense! What is number? Is number your body? Before the advent of GSM technology, is there no other way of proving to a guy you are not cheap? If it was 2face now I swear you must have given away your number alongside your address. That is when you will forget there exist words like cheap or expensive. In fact, you on your own will take him to the place and even ask for his number. So you ladies should drop that mentality. No guy sees you as cheap just by asking for his number not to talk of you giving him yours on request.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Woman Bought For Her Husband Because She Was Tired Of Sex - Barbie Doll / (18+) "This Is How My Girlfriend Wash Plates; Should I Send Her Away" / Top 10 Amazing Benefits/advantages Of Blow*Job (Mouth Action)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.