Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,704 members, 7,805,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

"North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku (1272 Views)

Why The North Won't Allow True Federalism - Prof Itse Sagay / Fashola Got Tongue Lashed For Saying*lagos Won't Vote For GEJ* / Adamawa By-election: Atiku Plots To Capture The State For APC As Crisis Hits PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by englishmart(m): 2:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2014
North won’t vote for PDP in 2015 — Atiku
FORMER Vice-President and presidential aspirant
on the platform of the All Progressives Congress,
APC, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, weekend in Lagos said
the North would not vote for the Peoples
Democratic Party, PDP, in the 2015 presidential
election, claiming PDP had done nothing to
attract votes from Nigerians.
At an interactive session with selected youths, he
insisted that he would support whoever emerged
presidential candidate of APC if he did not get the
ticket, but expressed doubts on the ability of the
Independent Electoral Commission of Nigeria,
INEC, to conduct a free and fair election.
According to him, ‘’Asking me to not contest is
asking me to give up on Nigeria. The North will
not vote for the PDP because the party has failed
everybody. This period presents an opportunity
for change. Before now, the PDP was big and the
absence of a viable opposition then allowed the
party to become monstrous. But now with the
APC there is choice. There is no way Nigerians can
vote for the PDP in 2015. PDP has failed
everybody. We all yearn for this change. We have
got an opportunity to change but nothing came
out of it because we had one big monster party.
Today we have two equal parties. One good thing
about it is that the APC provides an opportunity.’’
Continuing, Atiku said “a number of reasons have
been adduced as responsible for insurgency.
Some said the region was the most backward
region in the country, with widespread poverty
and illiteracy. But these are not reasons why
people should take arms and start killing innocent
Nigerians. There is poverty everywhere in this
country.
There is unemployment everywhere. I want to
recall that a similar situation arose in Yobe State
while we were in office. It did not take us more
than a month to crush that insurgency. I think the
mistake we made after crushing the insurgency,
was not going back to the people to know why
they took up arms against the country. We failed
to listen to them and provide solution to
whichever grievance they had. Today, there is a
recurrence. There is failure of leadership in the
war against terrorism in terms of capacity.’
“I also believe that the armed forces should be
well provided for. I come from that region and
know that our armed forces are not well
equipped. If you watch their encounter with the
insurgents on YouTube, you will agree that the
insurgents are better equipped. There is also
failure of intelligence gathering among our
neighbouring countries.
”The President visited Chad and Cameroon
recently, what I expected was a meeting with the
service chiefs of the countries and their military
commanders. I think we have a number of factors
that have contributed to the growth of
insurgency. That is why we believe that there
must be a change.’’

Source

ozigizaga..nl

Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by aljharem(m): 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
My oh my

But he was part of the same PDP government even a founding father.

Omo ale ti o bere ogu

2 Likes

Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by Mamaflex(f): 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2014
This man sef. Just go and sleep already. Trying too hard to be relevant.

1 Like

Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by phlemzy: 2:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
Recycled old craps. We need fresh air!
Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by Billygee2u: 3:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
good, you already known that,you cannot get the APC presidential ticket .
Nigerians are not going to vote party ,but personality.
APC ,is a party with Old PDP unfaithfuls like you, Atiku

1 Like

Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
To hell with them and their votes. .. mtcheeeeww angry angry
Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by chimerase2: 3:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
He is a cankerworm atiefuku
Were u not part and parcel of the failure had and still have undecided
Btw if u say north state wich part of north u re talking abt
Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by isrecole: 3:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
Which PDP is Atiku talking about? Is it the PDP of which he was a member six months ago out of which he jumped to APC to realise his reckless ambition But PDP is more stable and attracting new members into its fold since Atiku jumped ship. PDP will win resoundingly in the entire North especially Adamawa State Atiku State of origin. ATIKU IS A DELUSIONAL AND DAY DREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by tinkinjow: 3:51pm On Sep 22, 2014
;DOf course. Is anyone surprised? ...he should have called for the scrapping of the PDP altogether. Desperados scaremongering
Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by JEITO: 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
See dis one wey PDP trowe like used toilet paper dey rant for here.
Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by philantoxx(m): 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
speaking as what.god?

1 Like

Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by Ngwakwe: 4:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
Atiku: ”The President visited Chad and Cameroon recently, what I expected was a meeting with the service chiefs of the countries and their military commanders"

Is Atiku this clueless or was he trying to play on the intelligence of those opportunists who weren't disposed to correct him?

If another President from a neighbouring country come to Nigeria with a demand to directly meet our service Chiefs, will Atiku as president grant such request?

2 Likes

Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by chiefinalowo: 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
Atiku that cannot even win in his own LGA is talking about who the North will vote for.

I am very sure that GEJ will win 2015 Presidential election.
Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by englishmart(m): 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Is Atiku this clueless or was he trying to play on the intelligence of those opportunists who weren't disposed to correct him?

If another President from a neighbouring country come to Nigeria with a demand to directly meet our service Chiefs, will Atiku as president grant such request?
the moment I saw your name as the last poster on this thread, I concluded the thread has been closed. It's a good thing you didn't see any reasonable reason to close this thread.. smiley

2 Likes

Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
Atiku, you were the VP for good years under th PDP!
You are saying that you and OBJ failed?

Now you have gone to APC and you want us to vote for you?

No way Sir!
Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by englishmart(m): 7:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
noblezone: Atiku, you were the VP for good years under th PDP!
You are saying that you and OBJ failed?

Now you have gone to APC and you want us to vote for you?

No way Sir!
I'd rather vote for myself
Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by englishmart(m): 7:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
chiefinalowo: Atiku that cannot even win in his own LGA is talking about who the North will vote for.

I am very sure that GEJ will win 2015 Presidential election.
don't mind him. Talk is cheap.
Sorry, I mean free..
Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by englishmart(m): 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
philantoxx: speaking as what.god?
yes god. But definitely not God
Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
I don't know whether someone out there is thinking what I am thinking, but from the all indications, I have the Believe that ATIKU ABUBAKAR is working for people, he is a spy planted within the APC to cause confusion.
Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by philantoxx(m): 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
englishmart: yes god. But definitely not God
yes oo.
Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by philantoxx(m): 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
englishmart: yes god. But definitely not God
yea
Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by lilprinze: 7:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
Action speaks louder than words let's wait till 2015
Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by englishmart(m): 7:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
lilprinze: Action speaks louder than words let's wait till 2015
exactly why I've been silent
Re: "North Won't Vote For PDP Come 2015 Election" - Atiku by aniobimartin: 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2014
Incoherence

(1) (Reply)

Will There Ever Be ONE AFRICA? Pros And Cons - 2014 Edition / . / It Seems APC Has Completely Silenced Other Parties In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.