Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,458 members, 7,801,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Gender Roles.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gender Roles.. (922 Views)

Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality / The Roles Of A Father! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gender Roles.. by moobbie: 3:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
*wish this gets to FP for more opinions*
Have u ever been in any situation where a guy was told be a Man ? Many situations indicates that certain roles as been assigned to a specific gender in our society e.g "the place of a woman is in the kitchen" n so on
give your own examples, experience and your take on this (right or wrong)
Re: Gender Roles.. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
I totally believe and support gender roles.
I don't believe, however, that the roles make one superior to the other.
I also don't believe in being too stuck to the idea.
E.g. if I were to be in the house with my brother (doing nothing) and we have to put on the generator, I'll totally cross my legs and expect him to do it. However, if he were to be busy washing the car, it'll be stvpid to expect him to leave the car just to put on the generator when I ain't doing anything at the time.

KAPUT?

1 Like

Re: Gender Roles.. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
alutacontinua: I totally believe and support gender roles.
E.g. if I were to be in the house with my brother (doing nothing) and we have to put on the generator, I'll totally cross my legs and expect him to do it. However, if he were to be busy washing the car, it'll be stvpid to expect him to leave the car just to put on the generator when I ain't doing anything at the time.

KAPUT?

Re: Gender Roles.. by cococandy(f): 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
alutacontinua: I totally believe and support gender roles.

KAPUT?
cosigned
Re: Gender Roles.. by isokey: 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
Nice topic
Re: Gender Roles.. by greatgod2012(f): 8:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
I really don't want to limit myself to the roles only meant for females, so that in case there comes a role peculiar to males probably occurs when males are unavailabe, i won't be totally helpless.

The same way i'm training my kids, no particular role is meant for males or females, all of them performs all the roles together. It has so many advantages. It promtes self-sufficiency to some extent. For example, if i dont learn how to fix bulbs, it means i will always have to wait for my man to come back to fix it, even if i have to stay in darkness. The same with generators.

It's this type of mentality that makes some women to think that children's school fees and house rent dues are mainly fathers' role, which to some of us is wrong, it has to be who gets the money first.
Re: Gender Roles.. by moobbie: 9:25pm On Sep 22, 2014
gender roles as bcom blessing n curse to our society. Imagine this scenarios:
*my money(wife) is mine n my husband's money is our's
*a lady shud b more emotional than guys in situations, man up
*a lady can b a president
*a guy shud always b d one toastin n...

All this r elements of gender roles bt as per me, i support gender roles bt not too rigidity.

My experience s in a situation where i love this gal n supposedly she loves me back bt i dont want her. She actually expected me to do talking wch i wasnt ready for.

As any one ad any experience of this similar case ?

(1) (Reply)

Young Guys Going Bald,how Do You Handle It? / Nairalander's Would You Rock Your Baby In A Nest Like This. / Celebrity Marriage:reason Why They Dont Last Long

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.