Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,694 members, 7,802,032 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

A/C Issues. Help Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A/C Issues. Help Needed (1384 Views)

Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Overheating Issues....help / A/c Issues Of Mercedes Benz C240 / Camry 1997 A/C Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A/C Issues. Help Needed by 100ksalescom(m): 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
Oya i have bought a Mitsubishi outlander 2003 and now i'm facing Outlander issues embarassed

The AC works for like 5-10mins during hot weather and shuts off blowing just normal air.
At night or very early in the morning it works well funny enough(very cold). So Its like when the weather is quite hot it doesn't work.

I have filled the gas so it not gas shortage and there is no leak.

Fellow Nairalanders Kindly Help A Bro out cry
Re: A/C Issues. Help Needed by 100ksalescom(m): 9:02am On Sep 23, 2014
Help oooooo
Re: A/C Issues. Help Needed by vitality22(m): 9:43am On Sep 23, 2014
I had the same kind of issue on my Nissan xterra, i took it to the AC technician, I kept a close watch at him on what he is about to do, he just reconnected a wire that was making a partial contact lo and behold mine stopped. i suggest you check your wire to and from the AC connections. Hope this helps
Re: A/C Issues. Help Needed by lonelydora: 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
Had same issue in 2012, and I took my car to an A/C technician, all he did was to reduce the quantity of gas through the valve and the problem stopped.
Re: A/C Issues. Help Needed by anochuks08(m): 9:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
change your Ac compressor
Re: A/C Issues. Help Needed by 100ksalescom(m): 2:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
anochuks08: change your Ac compressor

No be the compressor. If not it wont work at night
Re: A/C Issues. Help Needed by ChuxD(m): 7:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
Check list evaporator/freezer, expansion valve, low AC gas, dirty condenser/ dryer, and probably a weak compressor, or faulty relay......best of luck
Re: A/C Issues. Help Needed by anochuks08(m): 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
100ksalescom:

No be the compressor. If not it wont work at night
The no 1 culprit is a weak AC compressor. have had this same issue twice so am talking from experience.
Re: A/C Issues. Help Needed by 100ksalescom(m): 1:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
anochuks08: The no 1 culprit is a weak AC compressor. have had this same issue twice so am talking from experience.

Ok, but ill change other things that are less expensive 1st and finally change the compressor if they dont solve it.
Re: A/C Issues. Help Needed by 100ksalescom(m): 7:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
Please experts in the house. I want to see if I can fix the issue myself.
Please which the sigh in the pix below is the ac compressor clutch relay.

Thanks for the help so far

Re: A/C Issues. Help Needed by chillex8(m): 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
Just out of curiosity, is this the outlander gazzman ad
Re: A/C Issues. Help Needed by 100ksalescom(m): 5:38am On Sep 26, 2014
chillex8: Just out of curiosity, is this the outlander gazzman ad

No sir
Re: A/C Issues. Help Needed by 100ksalescom(m): 11:50am On Sep 26, 2014
Need help here please. I want to use this opportunity to learn smiley
Please which the sigh in the pix above is the ac compressor clutch relay.
Re: A/C Issues. Help Needed by mayor2013: 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
Check the cover of the fuse box it should direct you
Re: A/C Issues. Help Needed by amzee(m): 9:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ask Google
Re: A/C Issues. Help Needed by 100ksalescom(m): 6:44am On Sep 27, 2014
amzee: Ask Google

Bros. I don ask am tire I no see answer
Re: A/C Issues. Help Needed by 100ksalescom(m): 9:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
To those that would like to learn or prevent being scammed by ac repairers telling them to change compressor the problem was the air gap in the compressor clutch.
The gap was reduced by removing a washer in it as over time the gap could increase making the magnet not function or start the clutch properly.
Find the picture of the gap I'm talking about its not my compressor but a pic I found online with the same problem.

God Bless and thanks cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Innocent Cars- The World First Black Locally Made Cars In Nigeria / All-new 2017 Kia Cadenza Brings More Luxury And Refinement / Pls, I Need Aftermarket "Trafigator" Light For Side Mirror

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.