Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,466 members, 7,770,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:57 AM

Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles (19020 Views)

Vincent Enyeama's Wife Speaks Up On His Retirement From Super Eagles / Man City Axe Iheanacho From Champions League Squad / Real Reason Why Keshi Is Shutting Out Kelechi Iheanacho From The Super Eagles. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
Chief Coach of Nigeria’s Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi does not see anything good in Obafemi Martins though the player is in good form for his American Major League Soccer, MLS, club, Seattle Sounders FC. Nigerians have been calling on Keshi to look the way of Martins who had 39 caps and 18 goals for the country and give him a call up to the senior national team, but the Chief Coach, while speaking on Brila F.M. early today said that Martins has no place in his team for now.

According to Keshi, “there are other good players who can fit in to the role Martins can play in the Eagles and I believe he had paid his due for this nation in the team. So, it is my belief that Martins should give other younger players chance to showcase their talent in the Eagles.”

Stephen Keshi Keshi also reiterated his resolve not to bring Manchester City teenager, Kelechi Iheanacho to the Eagles for now, saying that the UAE 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup Golden Ball award winner is too young to wear the colours of the Eagles.

“I think those who want Iheanacho to play for the Eagles meant well for the young boy, but to me, he still has a long way to go before he can fit into the team,” Keshi said.

Iheanacho made his debut for City in their 2014 preseason tour of the United States, scoring two goals in their first two games, but this feat doesn’t count with Keshi who said despite the preseason good outing, the Nigerian youngster is yet to fight his way to the main team of the English Premier League champions.

“He is not in the starting lineup of City. He should try and wait for his time. He has a good future ahead of him,” the Nigerian coach stated.

Celestine Babayaro is one of many Nigerians who want Iheanacho in the Eagles. Babayaro was of the opinion that the likes of “Pele, Diego Maradonna, Ronaldo and Lionel Messi all started playing for their senior national teams at a very young age"

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Chanchit: 7:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hediot.. Martins is too old, Iheanacho is too young. Martins and those home based players weh don pause their age go dey same age I sure...

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
When a man plays God! Keshi.....

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by gbenga4sure(m): 8:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
Keshi is stupid,proud,clueless and incapable to coach super eagles.There were several indications that he only choose players who bribed him,with the non inclusion of uche,martins and many others and the inclusion of mikel.It was luck that made keshi won afcon 2013 and now he has ran out of luck.

39 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
I begin to wonder if this man knows what he is doing with this continuous refusal to invite our best players to don the colours of the national team. Last time I checked, mikel has been a bench warmer at chelsea. If keshi says Iheanacho has not broken into the first team of man city how bout mikel that has become a liability at his club and posts poor performances for the national team. If martins will be excluded for the national team cos of age why was a player like Ameobi that is old and not regular for club included at the world cup? We need to ask keshi wat his criteria is for a player being called into d national team. Our best legs are not in the super eagles. He says 'martins shud give the younger players a chance to display their talents' who are these younger players if not Iheanacho mr keshi? Emenike? or Igeibor? Its high time we get a competent coach for the eagles.

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by kris(m): 11:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
I thought Iheanacho didn't make the team because they cannot sign a contract yet, and not because he's not good enough.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by IceMan85(m): 4:58am On Sep 23, 2014
hmm...... Keshi again!
This man seriously want to destroy our national team. He is killing the team spirit. No more competition or fighting of shirts in the national team.
Keshi remember, PRIDE goes before FAILURE.
Unite a team and don't divide it.

10 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Ojestas(m): 5:02am On Sep 23, 2014
GbAM !! Keshi, So stern!. .I personally like his policies.
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Missy89(f): 5:03am On Sep 23, 2014
Keshi playing God with his selection

Kelechi should be in the eagles already

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by kingthreat(m): 5:03am On Sep 23, 2014
Even if Martins doesnt play for Nigeria again, the fact is that he has one of the best records as a striker for his country.

6 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Nobody: 5:04am On Sep 23, 2014
I think the coach needs to see a doctor,he is getting too confused this days.

5 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by free2ryhme: 5:04am On Sep 23, 2014
na bad blood be dis oooo

1 Like

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Vock(m): 5:04am On Sep 23, 2014
We all know him..if you don't bribe him,no shirt for you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by LadiesPet(m): 5:05am On Sep 23, 2014
You've overstayed your welcome.
Goodluck jonathan will soon issue you a sack letter.

Stealer Odua,Sanusi & Ihejirika can testify to that

6 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by lexdino: 5:06am On Sep 23, 2014
Toasts to me for making front page since 1412 BC without the NL app*raises glass but it fell from hand*. Onto the matter, wetin the OP say Keshi dey praise about Mikel this time around? Someone who read should please summarise because I don't read news that has a 'mikel & keshi' written on it.

6 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by onyiwest: 5:10am On Sep 23, 2014
NFF should sack Keshi now.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by LadiesPet(m): 5:11am On Sep 23, 2014
Shola Ameobi is older than Obafemi Martins yet he still plays old shola.

Meanwhile Obafemi martins is better than the whole Eagles team put together including that snail called Mikel Obi

9 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by jibbish(m): 5:11am On Sep 23, 2014
One is too old d other is too young. Abeg which kain tinz dey alwaez happen for Nigeria sef.
Y is our elders thinking alwaez like dt of those in 156BC.
Keshi needs to b sacked or injected wif d 21st Millenium serum.
Oshi oda nile pako...*spits* n walks away

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by ebosse(m): 5:12am On Sep 23, 2014
Keshi talks too much!...
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by seunlayi(m): 5:12am On Sep 23, 2014
I have been a fan of keshi since his days at NNB of Benin in the early eighties but with the way things are now, I can boldly tell you that something is definitely wrong in his upstairs. I don't need to say much

12 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by LMAyedun(m): 5:13am On Sep 23, 2014
There we go again..
Keshi is gradually heading for the shameful fall.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Honadeadek(m): 5:14am On Sep 23, 2014
Martins is too Old while Nacho is too Young
But Osaze dt is d best performer at d worldcup is not too Old, Sola Ameobi isnt too Old nor Ik Uche dt U re begging to come and play isnt too Old.
Messi started is National career at age 18 same can be said of the Footbal Legend Ronaldo de Lima.
If the south Americans can be a perfect example wat about Samuel Etoo of Cameroon.
Keshi stop being too arrogant and do away with your pride by giving Nigeria the very best.

6 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Blazing99: 5:15am On Sep 23, 2014
Martins remains one of Nigeria's greatest

5 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Chidexter(m): 5:22am On Sep 23, 2014
Abegi keshi go and sit down. that boy is a promising talent and deserves to play for the senior team. if u don't start using him now so he gains big match experience when would u use him

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by GetUmad: 5:24am On Sep 23, 2014
This old man wouldn't just want to consider people's golden opinion. He cherishes those who are setting his team backward and disgusts those who could promote his career. Mikel is the best, Ihenachor is a toddler. Ok kontinu.

His case is like the proverbial chicken wandering on the Highway, on advising it not to leave its owners home, it kept complaining of his owner denying him access to free food on dumpsites.

If you continue like this Keshi with your oversabi, its only a matter of time before you'd receive a letter with subject titled as below.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by phollybee(m): 5:28am On Sep 23, 2014
Keshi is always a Talkative... I even thought he has drop His Resignation letter before this time.. smh 4 him
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by CharlieMaria(m): 5:28am On Sep 23, 2014
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Funfreak: 5:30am On Sep 23, 2014
Now i agree this man is an idiot, if he thinks Iheanacho aint worth it...
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by dstnd: 5:30am On Sep 23, 2014
Gettin bad for nigeria football
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by ogawisdom(m): 5:30am On Sep 23, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amobi Okoye Celebrates His 33rd Birthday Today / Amaju And Chris Giwa Fighting For NFF Leadership / Iheanacho Scores 14th Goal In 14 Games To Take Leicester Closer To UCL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.