Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? (870 Views)

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / 10 Ways Sinners Celebrate Easter- By Tosyne2much / Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 23, 2014
Now I know this is a controversial question and many Christians either run away from it or choose to believe anything but meanwhile when I say Christians I don't mean religious people , church goers and the rest , I mean God's own people , not just his creation but his children and his beloved .

If you fall into that category you can read on but if you don't I advice you to just click back now because you won't understand anything here , wanna know why? check 1st Corinthians 2:14.

Now you've chosen to continue so I plead with you to read this carefully and with an open mind , am gonna post the scriptures here because I know many are to lazy to open their bible and that's why they perish because of lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6)

This was written by two different characters in the bible .

1 John 3 (nkjv)

Behold what manner of love the Fa­ther has be­stowed on us, that we should be called chil­dren of God!a Therefore the world does not know us,b because it did not know Him. 2Be­loved, now we are chil­dren of God; and it has not yet been re­vealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is re­vealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3And ev­eryone who has this hope in Him pu­ri­fies him­self, just as He is pure.
Sin and the Child of God
4Whoev­er commits sin also commits law­lessness, and sin is law­lessness. 5And you know that He was man­i­fested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6Whoev­er abides in Him does not sin. Whoev­er sins has nei­ther seen Him nor known Him.
7Lit­tle chil­dren, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8He who sins is of the dev­il, for the dev­il has sinned from the be­ginning. For this purpose the Son of God was man­i­fested, that He might de­stroy the works of the dev­il. 9Whoev­er has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
The Imperative of Love
10In this the chil­dren of God and the chil­dren of the dev­il are man­i­fest: Whoev­er does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his broth­er. 11For this is the message that you heard from the be­ginning, that we should love one an­oth­er, 12not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his broth­er. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his broth­er’s righteous.
13Do not mar­v­el, my brethren, if the world hates you. 14We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his broth­erc abides in death. 15Whoev­er hates his broth­er is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
The Out­working of Love
16By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17But whoev­er has this world’s goods, and sees his broth­er in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?
18My lit­tle chil­dren, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 19And by this we knowd that we are of the truth, and shall as­sure our hearts before Him. 20For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 21Be­loved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence to­ward God. 22And what­ev­er we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His command­ments and do those things that are pleas­ing in His sight. 23And this is His command­ment: that we should be­lieve on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one an­oth­er, as He gave use command­ment.
The Spirit of Truth and the Spirit of Error
24Now he who keeps His command­ments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has giv­en us.

Romans 6

What shall we say then? Shall we con­tinue in sin that grace may abound? 2Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? 3Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glo­ry of the Fa­ther, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5For if we have been united togeth­er in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His res­urrection, 6knowing this, that our old man was cruci­fied with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7For he who has died has been freed from sin. 8Now if we died with Christ, we be­lieve that we shall also live with Him, 9knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has do­m­in­ion over Him. 10For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11Like­wise you also, reckon your­selves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
12Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13And do not present your members as in­stru­ments of unrighteousness to sin, but present your­selves to God as be­ing alive from the dead, and your members as in­stru­ments of righteousness to God. 14For sin shall not have do­m­in­ion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
From Slaves of Sin to Slaves of God
15What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16Do you not know that to whom you present your­selves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obe­di­ence leading to righteousness? 17But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were de­liv­ered. 18And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19I speak in human terms because of the weak­ness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of law­lessness leading to more law­lessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for ho­li­ness.
20For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 22But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to ho­li­ness, and the end, ev­erlast­ing life. 23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by kilokeys(m): 12:23am On Sep 23, 2014
no we rnt.. we r righteous by the righteousness of christ Jesus...
Sin is a nature. its a dead nature to a christian.
we might err sometimes, then we repent.

Repent is nt a word for unbelievers..

u cant repent when u dont know where u missed d way?

sinners are meant to accept God's nature

erring christians are meant to repent.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 23, 2014
oh yeah , the answer to the question is right up there , its not as if we've not seen it before or heard about it but most times we just choose to be blind to it because we can't just imagine ourselves no longer sinners after all the Bible even said that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and I remember the very first day I came across 1 john 3:9 , I was so shocked that I had to close my bible immediately and I couldn't open it for days, I started asking myself why will the bible say a child of God cannot sin , it didn't even say will not sin but cannot , does that mean that though am a christian but because I commit sin am still the child of the devil ? , sincerely I couldn't understand it and not long I forgot about it and continued my carnal life but it couldn't continue for long because along the line I always had to go back to that scripture and when I finally understood it , it changed my life .

First what is sin ? if you read the above passages well you will sin that sin is the transgression of the law, in the beginning there was nothing like sin till Adam transgressed a law and from then sin came into the world , at that time God wasn't pleased because he saw man moving far away from him so he had to bring written law which if they could obey they might closer to him but because of man's rebellious nature , they drew further away from God , now God needed this relationship with man and that what why he created him in the first place so he came down in form of a man to restore and acquire what has been taken away and give it back to us freely, let me tell you this , if the law could save you , Jesus wouldn't have come, but the law can't .

Next we get born again by the blood of Jesus and what happens ? When you get born again our body remains thesame , even your soul ( your emotions , thoughts etc) remains the same but what changes? your spirit does , at that moment your old sinful spirit is removed and replaced with a new spirit that is holy , perfect and spotless and that is the new you (1 Corinthians 5:17) . you become spotless and without sin of any kind , this part of you doesn't need to be more holy or more perfect because it is already one with God .

2 Likes

Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Nobody: 12:56am On Sep 23, 2014
Does this mean that when we are in Christ we suddenly can no longer sin make mistakes? NO . Our spirit has been changed , the sin nature is gone but our flesh is still this same and this is where you have work to do but still cannot do on your own . Now you need to conform to the new man inside of you and how do you do that ? by daily renewal of your mind (romans 12:2) . During this process we could make mistakes but we don't need to go wailing and crying to God , all we have to do is walk boldly to the throne of Grace to obtain two things 1. Mercy for the mistake made 2. Grace to be able to stand strong and overcome it . Notice the word boldly , God is not moved a bit by our tears , what moves him is faith , stop trying to be perfect , righteous or holy because no matter how hard you try , you can never be but instead step into the holy man already in you . Remember nothing unclean will enter heaven and also the prayer of a sinner is an abomination before God .

Now let me clarify some verses that makes people still call themselves sinners like 'all have sinned and come short of the glory of God ' , if you read it well you will see that the bible said all have sinned , you , I and everyone but its in passed tense , when you read the bible please notice the tenses , before you became born again you were a sinner and short of his glory but when you become born again you are now the righteousness of God and full of his glory …

2 Likes

Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Gombs(m): 6:05am On Sep 23, 2014
Well, mwe shouldn't. We no longer have the sin nature... However, only James in the NT Bible called believers sinners, wehn we get to heaven, we'd have to ask him why!

wink

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by dre11(m): 9:06am On Sep 23, 2014
Well Jesus Christ is only the perfect master .... Because he is God in a human form when he did come to save mankind

So everyman aspire for perfection... And he wants us to aspire for that...

So I just aspire for it and not thinking if I was or still a sinner or not

Mah goal is that aspiration for perfection which I do pray for daily
Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Sheenor: 10:34am On Sep 23, 2014
Learning.
Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 23, 2014
Embrace your carnality. We were all made to sin. Sin wisely.
Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
dre11: Well Jesus Christ is only the perfect master .... Because he is God in a human form when he did come to save mankind

So everyman aspire for perfection... And he wants us to aspire for that...

So I just aspire for it and not thinking if I was or still a sinner or not

Mah goal is that aspiration for perfection which I do pray for daily

yea he is the only perfect master and he said as he is so are we and we are one spirit with him. (eph 4:5)
Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
sonOfLucifer: Embrace your carnality. We were all made to sin. Sin wisely.

The last time I checked the topic said Christians undecided
Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Gombs(m): 2:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
sonOfLucifer: Embrace your carnality. We were all made to sin. Sin wisely.

Oh! What a lonely sadistic sad sod sad
Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
Gombs:

Oh! What a lonely sadistic sad sod sad
Who are you?
Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Youngsage: 2:42pm On Sep 23, 2014
@elantracey God bless!

By the way happy anniversary on nairaland to you today! cheesy
Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
Youngsage: @elantracey God bless!

By the way happy anniversary on nairaland to you today! cheesy

shocked I was thinking it was 26th , thanks o
Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Gombs(m): 7:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
Who are you?

Jehovah's kid
Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
Gombs:
Jehovah's kid
A slave.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
what is anyone who commits sin called?
Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
A slave.
why are u bearing that name? have u sold ur soul to d devil?
Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ukutsgp: why are u bearing that name? have u sold ur soul to d devil?
My soul is not for sale and can not be bought. I am a free son of Lucifer. Only slaves are bought at a price. Fucking Chrestards.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by zyzxx(m): 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
exactly

thanks for sharing this
Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
My soul is not for sale and can not be bought. I am a free son of Lucifer. Only slaves are bought at a price. Fucking Chrestards.
i am happy to be Jesus christ slave. but i want u to know that u and ur master(Satan) will perish in hellfire.
Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ukutsgp: what is anyone who commits sin called?

go up and read up what sin is
Re: Are Christians Supposed To Call Themselves 'sinners' ? by Youngsage: 11:19am On Sep 24, 2014
Elantracey:

shocked I was thinking it was 26th , thanks o
you're welcome smiley

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Coming In A Month? Mother Claims Daughter Pregnant With Jesus! / Pastor Punches Boy For Not Taking "God" Seriously / Is There Still ''faith'' Like That Of The Woman With The Issue Of Blood???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.