Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

2015 Mercedes Benz Vs BMW X6 2015 (PICTURES) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2015 Mercedes Benz Vs BMW X6 2015 (PICTURES) (6218 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! / Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Mercedes Benz Vs BMW X6 2015 (PICTURES) by yungboss(m): 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
CityNG: BMW are the ultimate driving machines. If you care about the driving experience, and responsiveness of your vehicle.

If you want to pose and fiddle with buttons and stuff on your commute then get a Benz.

Either of them are world class specimens and they both will do the job.

But for me give me this....
lol, I'm feeling you cityNG.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Mercedes Benz Vs BMW X6 2015 (PICTURES) by Rockvicie(m): 11:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
CityNG:

There's nothing wrong with allegiance to a brand, but you don't have to do it at the expense of another brand.

Some of us are seasoned enough to have owned many various brands and are in a situation to make a judgmental call base don experience.

How many cars have you owned? How many are Mercedes Benz? How many are BMW? Have you toured the Mercedes Benz factory? Have you toured the BMW factory? Have you taken a delivery of a Mercedes Benz from the factory? Have you taken delivery of a BMW from the factory?

At the end of the day these are just tools. The astute buyer will look at historical data, look at performance figures, safety test results, pricing, warranty, dealer network for support before making a decision.
Well, I have used both cars, and I tell you, d Merc appeals to me more, the handling is perfect, the engine is almost flawless, the transmission and all, its also quite rugged, economical with fuel too, its not even expensive to manage. I'm not judging based on sentiments or personal interest in one car brand over the other. I've driven the old and d new Benz product, BMW also. I prefer merc and that's it.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Mercedes Benz Vs BMW X6 2015 (PICTURES) by Rockvicie(m): 12:59am On Sep 29, 2014
yungboss:
hmm, what car channel on BBM do you see? what do you read? alot of celebrity gists and lifestyles and wealth of entertainers? What has True wealth got to do with the Power of a 2014 Toyota Land cruiser or a 2014 Honda Accord for instance? Which Toyota is made of Plastic? I'll say again that you should do a survey amongst the wealthy and make your own findings, not restricted to celebrities please (I know that Dangote, Wale Adenuga, Tony Elemelu, Emiefele all drive the Prado Land Cruiser and those vehicles are not the most powerful) it appears you know so much about that 2015 Merc in the pic above.
I though you would do a proper research before commenting again instead of telling us that you only know little about cars (that's what your comments imply). The key to understanding is an open mind. Read Read and Read...many atimes,our analyses represent a one off assessment or subjected to our impression (maybe assumption) Understanding has alot to do with some sort of 'continuum' I.e, following the stream of education, progressing the mind along with the substance of understanding rather than just darting into subjects.
e.g, if i know how to operate the excel sheet on the basis of daily application in my confinement, i wouldn't standing shoulder to shoulder with one who went to school to study the excel sheet for 4years...or I know how to bleed the cooling system of my car doesn't qualify me to present issues in a way as an authority especially worse when i don't know that the system is made of plastic and the amount of coolant or type i need to use etc. Why is because when the chips are down, I'll become a laughing stock, or an object of ridicule. I have a colleague who thinks he drives a German car because he has a Volvo XC90 AWD,2007 or so...
don't get me wrong I'm not comparing you with anyone, in summary what I'm saying is open your mind up to understanding before anything else,almost everything you posted is faulty (wrt your view about Toyota and Honda) because most wealthy people have Mercedes and they have Toyota, most have BMWs and most have Honda,they have Audis and Bentleys, they have Ford cars etc...alot of Rich people have the environmentally friendly Toyota Prius...
No offense, but I think the problem here is your environment, these people you're talking about are people who probably don't have penchant 4 automobiles, (just enter somthin luxurious and efficient) I'm talking about wealthy people who have ties with wheels, how many ov these rich people you mentioned actually collect one specific brand (asydz Toyota, that's too common) I made mention of Nigerian celebs and bbm channels cuz I don't know hw far you've traveled and how much you read, so that's lyk a basic example even simpletons can get, (not saying you're one tho). If you're judging my knowledge from what I initially posted here, u need to b chekd, cuz my point wldnt hit if I used registers for mechanics and automobiles. Moreover, what each person derives from each brand matters too. + cars with bodies as strong as Benz aren't exactly many. I know people who basically live to study cars may be here but I know a couple of things too and I'm sure ov these things I know.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Mercedes Benz Vs BMW X6 2015 (PICTURES) by auhanson(m): 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
ba7man: RIDE: BMW

HANDLING: BMW

ENGINE: BMW

EXTERIOR DESIGN: MERC

INTERIOR DESIGN: MERC

LUXURY: MERC

EQUIPMENT: MERC

I disagree with you , Mercerdes handles better in some model and BMW handles too in some model , its been a stiff war between these 2 brothers. When Benz wants to do it , it does it allround: handling, luxury , exterior and interior design, but for the equipment , they all have it 50 50.

Coming to the luxury brands, can you compare the 7 series to the S class? Can you compare the 5 series to the E class? Can you compare any of the BM coupes to any of the mercedes benz coupes? Is it the clk, is it the cl or the cls or the slk etc? . Of course there is no rival with the Benz's

For instance, back then, the E30 M3 was completely overided all round by the 2.5 v16 190 Merc. Coming to todays world, during the w203 era, Benz beat BMW hands down after BMW E36 showed them "shege" in their w202 era. Then in the w204 era BMW manage to outsmart Benz. BMW 3 series will not rub shoulder with the 2015 c class Benz's, even in terms of handling and in all round comparison.

So when it comes to handling , exterior design and aura, benz is the baba.

I am a fan of Benz and BMW, but there are certain things that makes me love Benz more than BM, non compromise of standards; Benz still maintains the standard of timing chains in her engine as against belt in other cars including the BMW. the day they change that i'll leave them. Benz still maintains 4 independent rods to hold her backtires and superior stabilizers linakges as well as v architecture engines for better handling, what esle could be termed handling other than these, a feature lacking in most cars.

BMW is for sporty fans who dnt really care about luxury/comfort but performances, in the other hand, Benz is for those fans who cares about luxury/comfort as well as handling and performances but may not really care about sport. No matter how sporty a Benz maybe it will not compromise her comfort;i wouldnt like to squiz into a car because it is sporty,as in Lambo, Ferrari, Mitsubishi eckipse etc but BMW will trade her comfort for sport.

Sport cars compromises a lot of things, ranging from boot/cargo room area to sitting space arrangement, to even convenience of entry and exit,just to enable them twist around bends, but Benz will always carry all of these along, no matter how sporty they may look and still twist around bends. You will see this in a simple comparison between the mercedes benz coupes and the BMW coupes, and in their compact sedans, and in their new entry level brands and hatch backs.

Both brands are not that flashy per se, but they are loaded and are cars for the strong minds, thats why u see the muscular ugly looks of agression in them representing the stuff of which they are made of ..if you want flashy, go to the hyundae and the hondas, but these cars are a wrec of their own self, even at that their fans still appreciate them.

Sometimes i do wonder, should this comparison between Benz and BM really hold? because here i see two different people but with common interest in different directions to get there: Beemer man says sporty,handling, performnce or nothing else , who cares about comfort; and Merc guy says comfort,handling, performance or nothing else, who cares about sport. So it will really be unfair to condem any of them, because they stand to satisfy their fans in a way.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Mercedes Benz Vs BMW X6 2015 (PICTURES) by yungboss(m): 12:25am On Sep 30, 2014
auhanson:

I disagree with you , Mercerdes handles better in some model and BMW handles too in some model , its been a stiff war between these 2 brothers. When Benz wants to do it , it does it allround: handling, luxury , exterior and interior design, but for the equipment , they all have it 50 50.

Coming to the luxury brands, can you compare the 7 series to the S class? Can you compare the 5 series to the E class? Can you compare any of the BM coupes to any of the mercedes benz coupes? Is it the clk, is it the cl or the cls or the slk etc? . Of course there is no rival with the Benz's

For instance, back then, the E30 M3 was completely overided all round by the 2.5 v16 190 Merc. Coming to todays world, during the w203 era, Benz beat BMW hands down after BMW E36 showed them "shege" in their w202 era. Then in the w204 era BMW manage to outsmart Benz. BMW 3 series will not rub shoulder with the 2015 c class Benz's, even in terms of handling and in all round comparison.

So when it comes to handling , exterior design and aura, benz is the baba.

I am a fan of Benz and BMW, but there are certain things that makes me love Benz more than BM, non compromise of standards; Benz still maintains the standard of timing chains in her engine as against belt in other cars including the BMW. the day they change that i'll leave them. Benz still maintains 4 independent rods to hold her backtires and superior stabilizers linakges as well as v architecture engines for better handling, what esle could be termed handling other than these, a feature lacking in most cars.

BMW is for sporty fans who dnt really care about luxury/comfort but performances, in the other hand, Benz is for those fans who cares about luxury/comfort as well as handling and performances but may not really care about sport. No matter how sporty a Benz maybe it will not compromise her comfort;i wouldnt like to squiz into a car because it is sporty,as in Lambo, Ferrari, Mitsubishi eckipse etc but BMW will trade her comfort for sport.

Sport cars compromises a lot of things, ranging from boot/cargo room area to sitting space arrangement, to even convenience of entry and exit,just to enable them twist around bends, but Benz will always carry all of these along, no matter how sporty they may look and still twist around bends. You will see this in a simple comparison between the mercedes benz coupes and the BMW coupes, and in their compact sedans, and in their new entry level brands and hatch backs.

Both brands are not that flashy per say, but they are loaded and are cars for the strong minds, thats why u see the muscular ugly looks of agression in them representing the stuff of which they are made of ..if you want flashy, go to the hyundae and the hondas, but these cars are a wrec of their own self, even at that their fans still appreciate them.

Sometimes i do wonder, should this comparison between Benz and BM really hold? because here i see two different people but with common interest in different directions to get there: Beemer man says sporty,handling, performnce or nothing else , who cares about comfort; and Merc guy says comfort,handling, performance or nothing else, who cares about sport. So it will really be unfair to condem any of them, because they stand to satisfy their fans in a way.
apart from the old m40 engine in the e30/e36, BMW uses timing chain, my 1993/94 320i uses chain, bullet proof engine, little to no electrical issues compared to a contemporary Merc (with wire harness headache)
BMW rides better, drive a 328i, you wouldn't stop drooling. I have driven the w124 e200 extensively w123 230ce, w203 c320 and w202 c220 extensively...I test drove an e36 328i, e46 318i, driven a bit of the e38 740i, driven an e36 320i, e46 323ci which I just replaced the engine with an m54 3.0 and a friend's e90 325i. Contrary to what you said, the bimmers are more responsive. Very agile cars compared to the Mercedes. meaty steering, wonderfully smooth straight six engines...ever wondered why BMWs are the choice for track cars compared to Mercedes, south African drifters' top choice, they can easily be tuned for more power than Mercedes. Mercedes are high speed cruisers...140mphish cars, cars that give presence- which is not common in any other environment, better safety rating than BMWs (maybe) etc...
its amazing how the x5 handles like a sedan, tending to defy physics, handles better than a range, but the ml doesn't...I'm underwhelmed at the handling of the G wagon, I'll choose performance ahead of comfort...i wouldn't want to fiddle with my 'onboard laptops' while driving,that's what the merc gives ahead of performance, and like someone said, a car is meant to be driven first before anything else, that's the core essence of a car.
no wonder my e36 has no cup holder, its a pure driving machine..."don't drink while driving" grin
now even though the c63 amg is equipped with power from the dept of the barrels of amg,the e90 m3 would annihilate it on the track (everybody knows), power is nothing without control...the ability to crank the power and put it down effectively is what makes a BMW better to drive...check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SluM4XBJFU

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Mercedes Benz Vs BMW X6 2015 (PICTURES) by yungboss(m): 10:51am On Sep 30, 2014
Rockvicie:
No offense, but I think the problem here is your environment, these people you're talking about are people who probably don't have penchant 4 automobiles, (just enter somthin luxurious and efficient) I'm talking about wealthy people who have ties with wheels, how many ov these rich people you mentioned actually collect one specific brand (asydz Toyota, that's too common) I made mention of Nigerian celebs and bbm channels cuz I don't know hw far you've traveled and how much you read, so that's lyk a basic example even simpletons can get, (not saying you're one tho). If you're judging my knowledge from what I initially posted here, u need to b chekd, cuz my point wldnt hit if I used registers for mechanics and automobiles. Moreover, what each person derives from each brand matters too. + cars with bodies as strong as Benz aren't exactly many. I know people who basically live to study cars may be here but I know a couple of things too and I'm sure ov these things I know.
not offended...it is your prerogative to make your own assessment...i have stated what I think is true.
Re: 2015 Mercedes Benz Vs BMW X6 2015 (PICTURES) by auhanson(m): 12:36am On Oct 01, 2014
yungboss:
apart from the old m40 engine in the e30/e36, BMW uses timing chain, my 1993/94 320i uses chain, bullet proof engine... U

Oh mehn, if this claims of yours is correct, then i might be considering owning a Beemer one day, when i said a beemer , i mean no nonsense looking beemer..Also note that the wire harness issue was but for only a season , triggered by the then mad Hitller of a ruler, and is very cheap to handle and replace. Just for that seasonal model, the early non facelifted w202. My w202 carries bullet proof engine too

yungboss: now even though the c63 amg is equipped with power from the dept of the barrels of amg,the e90 m3 would annihilate it on the track U
But not without burnt break, or pedal or what have you..she's always loosing out in a race because of one brokendown components or the other or fireoutbreak during active demanding racing i.e is to say she is always overwhelm by her own very power ..That is where sophistication of parts/components comes in wth Merc..always a thorough work compared to the beemer
Re: 2015 Mercedes Benz Vs BMW X6 2015 (PICTURES) by yungboss(m): 7:05am On Oct 01, 2014
auhanson:

Oh mehn, if this claims of yours is correct, then i might be considering owning a Beemer one day, when i said a beemer , i mean no nonsense looking beemer..Also note that the wire harness issue was but for only a season , triggered by the then mad Hitller of a ruler, and is very cheap to handle and replace. Just for that seasonal model, the early non facelifted w202. My w202 carries bullet proof engine too

But not without burnt break, or pedal or what have you..she's always loosing out in a race because of one brokendown components or the other or fireoutbreak during active demanding racing i.e is to say she is always overwhelm by her own very power ..That is where sophistication of parts/components comes in wth Merc..always a thorough work compared to the beemer
hmm, never heard of that though,burnt brakes etc
Re: 2015 Mercedes Benz Vs BMW X6 2015 (PICTURES) by oseo1(m): 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
yungboss:
hmm, what car channel on BBM do you see? what do you read? alot of celebrity gists and lifestyles and wealth of entertainers? What has True wealth got to do with the Power of a 2014 Toyota Land cruiser or a 2014 Honda Accord for instance? Which Toyota is made of Plastic? I'll say again that you should do a survey amongst the wealthy and make your own findings, not restricted to celebrities please (I know that Dangote, Wale Adenuga, Tony Elemelu, Emiefele all drive the Prado Land Cruiser and those vehicles are not the most powerful) it appears you know so much about that 2015 Merc in the pic above.
I though you would do a proper research before commenting again instead of telling us that you only know little about cars (that's what your comments imply). The key to understanding is an open mind. Read Read and Read...many atimes,our analyses represent a one off assessment or subjected to our impression (maybe assumption) Understanding has alot to do with some sort of 'continuum' I.e, following the stream of education, progressing the mind along with the substance of understanding rather than just darting into subjects.
e.g, if i know how to operate the excel sheet on the basis of daily application in my confinement, i wouldn't standing shoulder to shoulder with one who went to school to study the excel sheet for 4years...or I know how to bleed the cooling system of my car doesn't qualify me to present issues in a way as an authority especially worse when i don't know that the system is made of plastic and the amount of coolant or type i need to use etc. Why is because when the chips are down, I'll become a laughing stock, or an object of ridicule. I have a colleague who thinks he drives a German car because he has a Volvo XC90 AWD,2007 or so...
don't get me wrong I'm not comparing you with anyone, in summary what I'm saying is open your mind up to understanding before anything else,almost everything you posted is faulty (wrt your view about Toyota and Honda) because most wealthy people have Mercedes and they have Toyota, most have BMWs and most have Honda,they have Audis and Bentleys, they have Ford cars etc...alot of Rich people have the environmentally friendly Toyota Prius...

Actually Tony Elumelu goes around in a 7 series bmw.
What you all fail to realize is that you are comparing a concept car to one that's already on the streets, by the time the Benz comes out it most likely will not have everything you see here or listed in its spec sheet.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Mercedes Benz Vs BMW X6 2015 (PICTURES) by yungboss(m): 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
oseo1:

Actually Tony Elumelu goes around in a 7 series bmw.
What you all fail to realize is that you are comparing a concept car to one that's already on the streets, by the time the Benz comes out it most likely will not have everything you see here or listed in its spec sheet.
right on point,I made a sweeping reference to it somewhere,in my statement "it appears you know so much about the 2015 Merc in the pic above", the last 6 lines of my post point to what you referenced
Re: 2015 Mercedes Benz Vs BMW X6 2015 (PICTURES) by auhanson(m): 11:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
Re: 2015 Mercedes Benz Vs BMW X6 2015 (PICTURES) by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 02, 2014
My choice will be the BMW.

Besides aesthetic appeal and a less aggressive ride, Mercedes-Benz are still fighting with rust on current models.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Mercedes Benz Vs BMW X6 2015 (PICTURES) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 12, 2014
We may have to see how 2015 pans out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st / Which Should I Choose Between 2007-2010 Toyota Camry Or Honda Accord? / Nigeria's Most Reliable Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.