Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Facts About The Number Seven - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Facts About The Number Seven (4782 Views)

Medical Students To Spend Seven Years, Not 11 – NUC / What Is The Number Under The Parked Car? / Check The Number Of Candidates That Chose Your School In JAMB Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts About The Number Seven by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:08am On Sep 23, 2014
Every numeral of the series of numbers is associated with some interesting facts. The repeating nature of a certain number in different spheres of life can be a coincidence or simply a wonder! What do you think? Read on to know some interesting facts about the number seven.

The series of numbers that stretches till infinity is simply magical! Numbers manifest themselves in various forms. They have gained importance in history in the form of important dates. School history is filled with dates of important wars, births, deaths and movements that revolutionized the world. Numbers are a part of geography when it comes to latitudes, longitudes, heights and depths of landmasses and water bodies. In science, numbers appear in chemical formulae in chemistry, measurements in physics and with various life forms in biology. Numbers continue their pursuit throughout college years and eventually become a part of daily life. In fact life itself is about counting, be it counting on people, counting bucks, counting days and counting years. In this long-lasting system of counting, we come across interesting facts about different numbers. Some numbers repeat, some never appear while some follow a certain pattern throughout our life. The number seven is one of those magical numbers, which continue to interest the masses.

Let us look at some interesting facts about the number seven.
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2014
Seven in Math
*.Seven has the highest probability of occurring as an addition when rolling dice.

*.The number seven is the fourth prime number as also a Mersenne prime, the first Woodall prime, the fourth factorial prime, the second lucky and the second safe prime.

*.Seven is the only number below 15 that cannot be represented as a sum of the squares of three integers. Wondering all other numbers can be represented? You will have to check out and see!

Interesting Facts
*.There are seven wonders of the ancient world.

*.There are seven continents in the world.

*.There are seven colors of the rainbow. Their names are famously abbreviated as 'vibgyor'.

*.There are seven days in a week.

*.One of the most interesting facts about the number seven is its correlation with the cognitive abilities of a human being. The limits of human cognitive capacity lie within the range of 7 plus or a minus 2.

*.There are seven basic musical notes, namely, 'do', 're', 'me', 'fa', 'so', 'la' and 'te'. In Indian music they are 'sa', 're', 'ga', 'ma', 'pa', 'dha' and 'ni'.

*.Felix Vasquez, an employee of the New York City Housing Authority was born on July 7, 1977. He was the winner of the New York's Bronze Medallion for his brave act of saving a three-week old child. He became famous in New York for this courageous feat and appeared in many television interviews.Seven in Science and Technology

*.A ladybug commonly has seven spots!

*.Most of the mammals' necks have seven bones.

*.The number of rows in the periodic table is seven.

*.The neutral pH value that lies between acidity and alkalinity is seven.

*.The code for international direct dial phone calls to Russia and Kazakhstan is seven. Seven is also the number of digits in an American or a Canadian telephone number.

*.Digital devices use a seven-segment display.

*.The OSI model has seven layers.

*.There are seven logic gates namely, NOT, NOR, XNOR, XOR, AND, NAND and OR.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About The Number Seven by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:16am On Sep 23, 2014
Seven in Religion
*.The Indian astronomy regards a constellation of seven stars as a group of its seven prominent saints. It denotes this constellation by the name, 'saptarishi mandalam'.

*.Seven is also the number of stars in the constellation, Big Dipper.

*.The number of celestial bodies visible to the naked eye is seven. The stellar objects visible to naked eyes are the Sun, the Moon and the five planets namely, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. Earth is a stellar body but since we are on it, it is 'invisible' in the 'sky'.

*.The roman number seven, VII signifies the seventh discovered satellite of a planet.

*.In Christianity, the number seven has been made significant by the Seven Joys of Virgin Mary, the Seven Sorrows of Virgin Mary, the Seven Corporal and the Seven Spiritual Acts of Mercy of Roman Catholic. The number seven appears in the Seven last words of Jesus on the cross, the Seven Virtues and the Seven deadly sins.

*.In the Islamic tradition, there are seven heavens and seven Earths. The numbers of fires in hell and the number of doors to both the heaven and the hell is also seven.Now check if this magical number seven is lucky for you. For a fact, some numbers keep repeating in a person's life. Some dates follow a particular pattern. It has been observed that there exists a certain pattern in which certain dates repeat in a person's life. So, look back in time to see which number has followed you. Was it 'seven'?

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/facts-about-the-number-seven.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About The Number Seven by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 23, 2014
Hmmm interesting. .
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:23am On Sep 23, 2014
zleemshaddy: Hmmm interesting. .
yea, sure.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Number Seven by Yungwhy(m): 11:40am On Sep 23, 2014
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Number Seven by johnstar(m): 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
cool
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
Yungwhy: Nice one
johnstar: cool
cheesy

You guys should check this out too, Fun facts about the number Eleven:
https://www.nairaland.com/1917931/fun-facts-number-eleven#26573097
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by Segunj8(m): 12:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
No wonder my brother is kinda obsessed with the number 7, most of his names has 7 letters and for that singular fact he blv he's lucky nd special. Nd trust me wen I say its working for him.
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by Adebanjoqs(m): 1:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
it means perfection
:Dit means perfection

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Number Seven by Bsmartt(m): 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
I have learnt something new today. Thanks @OP
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
Those are great facts. Learnt something new today. Trivia-God rested on the 7th day.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Number Seven by kekakuz(m): 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
I have seven spiritual eyes
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by Lilimax(f): 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
No. 7 is a Perfect Number smiley
It denotes COMPLETENESS

God perfected creation on the seventh day and rested .
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by jnrbayano(m): 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
No 7 is a superstar number in Manchester United Football Club.

If you doubt it ask George Best, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona, David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo and Angel Di Maria.

smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About The Number Seven by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
N_I_G_E_R_I_A ... I guess that's seven too grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Facts About The Number Seven by Lilimax(f): 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
Akdegreat: N_I_G_E_R_I_A ... I guess that's seven too grin grin
Our land Nigeria shall be perfected again smiley

4 Likes

Re: Facts About The Number Seven by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
Lilimax:
Our land Nigeria shall be perfected again smiley

Absolutely it will, we shall live to witness.
I will be instrumental to that how abt u? wink grin
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by Lilimax(f): 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
Akdegreat:

Absolutely it will, we shall live to witness.
I will be instrumental to that how abt u? wink grin
I'm very optimistic about this nation and will contribute my own quota in making it great.

May God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Facts About The Number Seven by samflex(m): 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
Number 7, perfect number!!

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Number Seven by Jhosh(m): 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by Jhosh(m): 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
People wey always wear jersey numb 7 are kinda special.&popular.on d pitch..

Fact about numb 7..

Iffu u restart a game more than 7 times.U'ar Loser!

#winkz
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by kelechiMarie(f): 4:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hmmn CR7
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by lyricalpontiff(m): 5:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
I love the number seven as jersey number
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by Haywhymido(m): 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
I see
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
Interesting and informative
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by maxbj(m): 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
May ur 7 never go blunt
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by kadas01(m): 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
Number seven (7) denotes perfection in Nature!

Nice one, Op!
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by nwaobitex: 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
i loe the number 7
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by Jinyjagz(m): 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
7 is d mystery numbq
Re: Facts About The Number Seven by samflex(m): 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
maxbj: May ur 7 never go blunt

But you dey reason oh wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Young Students Caught In A Restaurant During School Hours. Photos And Video / List Of Scholarships In Australia For African Students 2011/2012 / UNN: Admission Into Sandwich And Evening Degree And Diploma Programmes For 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.