Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite (17137 Views)

Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate / Full List Of Elected Governors In Nigeria 2015-2019 / Buhari's Message To Elected Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by miqos02(m): 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
fashola is trying in lagos, Amosun is also trying but neglecting mowe/ibafe residents

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Adyrin(m): 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
papiforreal: Kwankwaso no doubt is on top of them all now. Only fashola and aregbesola are in his category. If kwankwaso has two to three e-warriors in this forum, he would be named the best perfoming Governor in Nigeria.

Kwankwasiyya Amana!
Nigeria sai kwankwaso.

Na a
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
Am tired of talking cause even if you talk from now till 2015 these thieves in form of Governors especially Abia, Ebonyi, Benue, Kogi e.t.c won't change their evil ways. Kudos to Lagos n Akwa Ibom State Governor and their administration.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Abbycite(m): 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
JingoOAU: I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

However, I think Mimiko is overrated as I cannot really pinpoint what he has achieved so far. He's preoccupied in what transpires in PDP than what is obtainable in Ondo state.

in terms of infrastructural development, I think Amosun should be rated the best in the southern part of Nigeria. He has been able to touch every part of Ogun state and hence, he has astronomically increase the IGR of Ogun state as a result.

Though Fashola and Kwankwaso are trying, Delta and Theodore Orji are suspicious....

Are u for real.........we call the man Gov Amosun of Abeokuta..........go outside the state capital, the only tangible infrastructure is the fly overs in Ijebu Ode and Sagamu........ The man used the last three years to provide excuses for the citizens of the state.....
Wages and Salaries (not regular),
Students' Bursary (Not available),
School Fees (Propaganda galour),
Health Sector (not interested)
Sport (not interested)
Agriculture (not interested)
Road and Bridges (apart from Abeokuta axis, others eyesore)

As I dey type this, I just drive through one of the road (Ilisan-Ago Iwoye).....so maybe there is another Ogun State in Nigeria. But the one I stay and live in, the man has a minimal impact (Abeokuta excluded)

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by hensben(m): 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
Uduaghan ought to join ibori in prison..in sagamite's voice 'that guy is a cretinus fvctard'...oshiomhole is trying.

6 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by temzybabe(f): 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sixix:

The hallmark of a good leader - governor is to 'do' and not to 'try' as per his responsibility.
its true sha. but you know the way Nigeria is. we celebrate mediocrity. so trying is enough compared to some other governors that are doing virtually nothing to develop their states
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Bitojoe(m): 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
phransix147: These are states I have visited in the past 4 years and my rating is over 10.

Akwa Ibom- 6
Abia-3
Imo-5
Anambra-5
Delta-5
Edo - 6
Cross River - 5
Oyo-4
Lagos-7
Niger-4
Rivers-6
Enugu-5
Kogi-4
Nasarawa-4
Kaduna-5
Ekiti-5
Osun-5
Kano-5
Plateau-4

Fashola still the best performer regardless... Least know performer should be Orji... Ebonyi remains N/A

forge your analysis. Ekiti state governor has done nothing.so just rate him 1 over 10.

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by temzybabe(f): 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
Abbycite:

Are u for real.........we call the man Gov Amosun of Abeokuta..........go outside the state capital, the only tangible infrastructure is the fly overs in Ijebu Ode and Sagamu........ The man used the last three years to provide excuses for the citizens of the state.....
Wages and Salaries (not regular),
Students' Bursary (Not available),
School Fees (Propaganda galour),
Health Sector (not interested)
Sport (not interested)
Agriculture (not interested)
Road and Bridges (apart from Abeokuta axis, others eyesore)

As I dey type this, I just drive through one of the road (Ilisan-Ago Iwoye).....so maybe there is another Ogun State in Nigeria. But the one I stay and live in, the man has a minimal impact (Abeokuta excluded)
maybe sha. cus av not been to any other part in ogun state aside Abk.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

Tell us what he has done.
I don't v a list of his achievements but he has transformed Ogun State in terms of infrastructural development.
His administration constructed multiple fly over bridges in all 20 LGs in Ogun. In Abeokuta alone, his administration constructed 3 standard bridges. His administration renovated & constructed new roads linking many places in the state.
Before most people are civil servant dependent in the State. Recently, 3 new construction companies v started massive recruitments in Ogun. They were brought into the State by Amosun.
He is yet to launch 10 new shopping complex in Abeokuta, 5 each in other LGs. The estimation of each complex is up to N100million.
Last Bullet
All I can say is, as at the last time I visited Ogun, it was well developed, similar to Lagos.
Each time I see pictures of Ogun State during Gbenga Daniel's tenure btw 2003-2011 & Ibikunle Amosun btw 2011 till date (just 3 years) I feel like placing a generational curse on someone!

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
phransix147: These are states I have visited in the past 4 years and my rating is over 10.

Akwa Ibom- 6
Abia-3
Imo-5
Anambra-5
Delta-5
Edo - 6
Cross River - 5
Oyo-4
Lagos-7
Niger-4
Rivers-6
Enugu-5
Kogi-4
Nasarawa-4
Kaduna-5
Ekiti-5
Osun-5
Kano-5
Plateau-4

Fashola still the best performer regardless... Least know performer should be Orji... Ebonyi remains N/A
what's N/A
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Lilimax(f): 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
miqos02: fashola is trying in lagos, Amosun is also trying but neglecting mowe/ibafe residents
Amosun may have neglected Mowe and Ibafon because most residents of these areas
are working and doing business in Lagos.
Little wonder he requested that they should be paying there tax to
Ogun state instead of Lagos.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by temzybabe(f): 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

What has he done?
roads in Abeokuta are now better. I dont know about other places in ogun state but I know he's trying in Abk. atleast we'v had past governors that did nothing to better those roads.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
I don't v a list of his achievements but he has transformed Ogun State in terms of infrastructural development.
His administration constructed multiple fly over bridges in all 20 LGs in Ogun. In Abeokuta alone, his administration constructed 3 standard bridges. His administration renovated & constructed new roads linking many places in the state.
Before most people are civil servant dependent in the State. Recently, 3 new construction companies v started massive recruitments in Ogun. They were brought into the State by Amosun.
He is yet to launch 10 new shopping complex in Abeokuta, 5 each in other LGs. The estimation of each complex is up to N100million.
Last Bullet
All I can say is, as at the last time I visited Ogun, it was well developed, similar to Lagos.
Each time I see pictures of Ogun State during Gbenga Daniel's tenure btw 2003-2011 & Ibikunle Amosun btw 2011 till date (just 3 years) I feel like placing a generational curse on someone!

Thanks for the details.

3 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
Op is wrong.
Its is Captain Idris wada - kogi state.
He studied business admin, but he is not really a business man. He is a pilot.

In 1983, he joined the United Air Service (UAS) where he rose to the position of Chief Pilot and General Manager, within a very short period.
Captain Wada is one of the pioneer
indigenous airline operators in
Nigeria.

Captain Wada is not only proficient
as an aviator. He is equally an
academic who completed his
Masters Degree Programme in
Business Administration at the
University of Abuja in 2006, after
rounding up a B.Sc degree in
Business Administration from the
same university.
His other professional qualifications
include aviation diploma; commercial pilot certificate; flying
instructor certificate as well as
airline pilot license. He possesses
the Nigerian Airline Transport
License No. 992; British Airline
Transport Pilot License No. 104990;
USA/FAA Air Transport Rating No.
2223411 and qualified Flight
Instructor rating (QFI) UK. He also
has Certified Flight Instructor Rating
UK, and Certified Flight Examiner,
UK and Nigeria.

Pls get your facts right!
www.nggovernorsforum.org/governors-items/captain-idris-wada/

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by IbokUtoroh(m): 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

Nope.

I disagree because Fashola is not just building, he has a comprehensive vision with interconnected projects to achieve the goal.

Akpabio is a typical cretinous gada-building (bridge-building) populist big man who is lucky to be in charge of a far larger and easier naira per capita budget from being an oil state.

A governor that gives musicians 4x4 cars as wedding present and awarded himself a £100m pension while the local university does not have money for research is not a sane man, but the typical useless fcktards we have ruling Nigeria. That can never be "the best Governor to have grace the circles of Nigeria's political platform".

The cretin needs to be shot!

atang akpaniko!
umisske anythng ke se atang.

3 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Arsenate(m): 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
Lol, you feel Fashola's performance is excellent even though the average lagosian (who BTW makes up more than 70% of Lagos' population) probably has the worst standard of living in Nigeria.
the only people "enjoying" lagos are those living in highbrow areas like the island. the average lagosian has it very very bad.
I live in Lagos. I know what I'm saying.

5 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
hensben: Uduaghan ought to join ibori in prison..in sagamite's voice 'that guy is a cretinus fvctard'...oshiomhole is trying.

I have put him in the right category: "Cretins". And that aint changing anytime soon.

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Eyop: 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
IbokUtoroh:

atang akpaniko!
grin grin grin
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
Arsenate: Lol, you feel Fashola's performance is excellent even though the average lagosian (who BTW makes up more than 70% of Lagos' population) probably has the worst standard of living in Nigeria.
the only people "enjoying" lagos are those living in highbrow areas like the island. the average lagosian has it very very bad.
I live in Lagos. I know what I'm saying.

Worst standard of living?

How?

And they continue staying in Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by phransix147(m): 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
Titiluvly: what's N/A

Not Accurate... The ppl there barely talk, u hardly hear them in the news... I went to abakaliki, its just there, have never been there so I can't say if there have been performance or not!
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by IbokUtoroh(m): 2:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
in governance rating, thr is no word like TRIED, TRYING, OR TRY.
IT is either u r EXCELLENT, GOOD, BAD, OR WORST.
WE will only say he tried if the federal govt ceased the state allocation n he the state was still viable interms of recurrent expenditure and some pockets of capital expenditure, but outside that u knw what to rate them.

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by phransix147(m): 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
Bitojoe:

forge your analysis. Ekiti state governor has done nothing.so just rate him 1 over 10.

Maybe Fayemi didn't do anything in ur town both Ado Ekiti and all roads the leads there can boast of feeling government presence!
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

Worst standard of living?

How?

And they continue staying in Lagos?

The same way non-indigenes stay put in bokoharam infested states or states with a high degree of crime.

Or why war torn countries such as somalia or Afghanistan are still populated.

It's called being too comfortable in your position to consider other alternatives.

The average Nigerian city and state is all s*it and ALL of our governors are failures.

I have not seen radical social or infrastructural change in ANY state for me to start distinguishing one governor from another.

3 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
This reminds of this video taken by a Norwegian in Lagos basically depicting a train ride from Iddo to Ebute Meta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2S7aqZgn2E

Showing the eyesore that is Lagos. This was shot last year and the derisive youtube comments from foreigners show how low our standards are.

This is Lagos o. The most progressive state with the best governor in Nigeria, so to speak.

Meaning that the rest of Nigeria is one stinking, rotting corpse that shouldn't even merit discussion.

6 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by JuanDeDios: 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
2sexi: FTC things... tears shirts, removes trouser... removes boxers... start dancing shoki...
I don't think Fashola has done better than Akpabio in terms of infrastructural development... My Opinion.
In my school slang :" Akpabio finish work" walahi.
Sagamite, have you been to Uyo, Akwa Ibom? That dude is the best Governor to have grace the circles of Nigeria's political platform.
You get to hear such things about Akpabio in some places but it's a lie. A huge, fat, utter, clanging lie.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
chulla12:

The same way non-indigenes stay put in bokoharam infested states or states with a high degree of crime.

Or why war torn countries such as somalia or Afghanistan are still populated.

It's called being too comfortable in your position to consider other alternatives.

The average Nigerian city and state is all s*it and ALL of our governors are failures.

I have not seen radical social or infrastructural change in ANY state for me to start distinguishing one governor from another.

How does the life of those outside Lagos compare more favourable to those in it?

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Mars88(m): 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
Its a shame T.A Orji remains terrible in all polls I have seen thus far, disgraceful I think. In my opinion I think Rauf Aregbesola is the most worthy in the southwest and For those who consistently tell us how wonderful fashola is, please give us facts "and not have you been to lagos recently?". I also think we should have grown beyond, this one built this road or that bridge because they should naturally do it and not be praised For doing, let us know what they do to generate more revenue internally, improve welfare etc yes we want good roads and any governor that lags in that is a disgrace, d ones that don't, fine.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by phransix147(m): 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
IbokUtoroh:

atang akpaniko!

It always interest me when I see ppl write Efik makes me feel real good... Am an Oron man... Nda Sa'ladigi?
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

How does the life of those outside Lagos compare more favourable to those in it?

Honestly? Not by much.... unless you are upper-middle class to rich and need a semblance of some luxury life as we see in some places like VI or Lekki.

Assuming you are not in the mood to relocate to Abuja or choice areas in the SS.

Lagos has a larger metro population and therefore more "stuff" going on. Doesn't mean that the average Lagosian is better off than his counterparts outside the state.

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by IbokUtoroh(m): 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
phransix147:

It always interest me when I see ppl write Efik makes me feel real good... Am an Oron man... Nda Sa'ladigi?

ilioke nda, but ndo atah idiok eyen IBIBIO.
IREPIKONO#
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by anonimi: 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
Why do we focus so much on the PHYSICAL development issues rather than those of HUMAN capital development such as =>

- primary, VOCATIONAL, secondary and TECHNICAL schools that have adequate, regularly recruited teachers and provided with lab equipment, library, toilets etc
- TAP water
- FEEDER roads in the inner city and connecting LGAs.
- Primary health clinics and general hospitals with adequate number of doctors, nurses, lab technicians etc who are regularly recruited.

Will focused engagement by these STATE governors on the above issues not reduce youth unemployment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fisayo Soyombo Deletes Tweet Accusing LASG Of Owing Pensioners / Reno Omokri To FFK: "You Misrepresented Atiku, Your Quote Was Dishonest" / Buhari, Kachikwu At The Signing Of Bilateral Agreement Between Nigeria And Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.