Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite (17133 Views)

Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate / Full List Of Elected Governors In Nigeria 2015-2019 / Buhari's Message To Elected Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by ntyce(m): 4:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
Abbycite:

Are u for real.........we call the man Gov Amosun of Abeokuta..........go outside the state capital, the only tangible infrastructure is the fly overs in Ijebu Ode and Sagamu........ The man used the last three years to provide excuses for the citizens of the state.....
Wages and Salaries (not regular),
Students' Bursary (Not available),
School Fees (Propaganda galour),
Health Sector (not interested)
Sport (not interested)
Agriculture (not interested)
Road and Bridges (apart from Abeokuta axis, others eyesore)

As I dey type this, I just drive through one of the road (Ilisan-Ago Iwoye).....so maybe there is another Ogun State in Nigeria. But the one I stay and live in, the man has a minimal impact (Abeokuta excluded)

Mr Abbycite, abeg don't bring unsubstantiated claims. civil servants salaries are being paid as at and when due. He pays salaries on the 29th +or -2 days.
I guess you must be OOU student.
Even though my rating of his administration has declined in the last few weeks due to the Temporary abandonment of work by contractors which is yet to be explained.
But I still rank him among the better performers, no previous govt in Ogun State has touched all the zones in Ogun order than Amosun.
How about the ongoing Ota to Berger road? is it in Abeokuta?

bros, he try

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by dokunbam(m): 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
phransix147: These are states I have visited in the past 4 years and my rating is over 10.

Akwa Ibom- 6
Abia-3
Imo-5
Anambra-5
Delta-5
Edo - 6
Cross River - 5
Oyo-4
Lagos-7
Niger-4
Rivers-6
Enugu-5
Kogi-4
Nasarawa-4
Kaduna-5
Ekiti-5
Osun-5
Kano-5
Plateau-4

Fashola still the best performer regardless... Least know performer should be Orji... Ebonyi remains N/A

osun 4?
have u been to the state or this base on what u read on NL?
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Remarkable: 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
I want to let y'all know that my state, Abia State, is one that the media has been unkind to.... and this is no surprise, given that the governor's arch-enemy (OUK - whom attempted the assassination of the governor) has used his tabloid to 'character-assasinate' the government of Abia state.

Recall recently how Arthur Eze's comment was boldly & intentionally twisted and circulated as "Abia Stinks" ... (something I read in disbelief since I know the route that was taken by Arthur to the event)

Anyways, the opening comment listed qualifications of the governor, that of T.A. Orji is a degree in Public Administration...

Do you believe that such a man will turn out to be an under-achiever in 'publicly administrating' the state? for no just cause.

I will stick my head out for this man and say that yes,though he did not transform Abia State as a whole... but he transformed Umuahia..... he capitalized on a wonderful masterplan of Michael Okpara and took it to the next level.
Have you seen anyone talk smack about Umuahia?

Exactly!

One would have thought that his predecessor that grew up in Aba would have focused on the city (rather than the city's Football Club) development would have been more spread out with TA focusing on Umuahia... but all in all, I do hope the next governor can transform Aba the way TA Orji has done to Umuahia.

And before anyone of you wants to pray those prayers that goes "May God do this in your life the way TA Orji has done blah blah blah..... I will humbly request that instead of saying Abia State, please focus on and put Umuahia (in place of 'Abia State)... and be sure I will say Amen to that heheh ;d

That's all folks!

Now, who wants to take the first shot at me?
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Ahmeduana(m): 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
mrprestige: Their business. Even if they are professors, they are still thiefs
AFTER ALL A DRESSED MONKEY IS STILL A MONKEY.

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by phransix147(m): 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
dokunbam:

osun 4?
have u been to the state or this base on what u read on NL?

Ogbeni I gave Osun 5... Read properly b4 u attack... I have been to these states in the past 4 years...
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by babybos(m): 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
JingoOAU: I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

However, I think Mimiko is overrated as I cannot really pinpoint what he has achieved so far. He's preoccupied in what transpires in PDP than what is obtainable in Ondo state.

in terms of infrastructural development, I think Amosun should be rated the best in the southern part of Nigeria. He has been able to touch every part of Ogun state and hence, he has astronomically increase the IGR of Ogun state as a result.

Though Fashola and Kwankwaso are trying, Delta and Theodore Orji are suspicious....
UNCOMPLETED PROJECT CAN NOT BE USE TO RATE HIM.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Ahmeduana(m): 4:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
papiforreal: Kwankwaso no doubt is on top of them all now. Only fashola and aregbesola are in his category. If kwankwaso has two to three e-warriors in this forum, he would be named the best perfoming Governor in Nigeria.

Kwankwasiyya Amana!
Nigeria sai kwankwaso.
THE PROBLEM WITH KWANKWASO IS THAT THERE IS TENDENCY THAT HE CAN ALSO DESTROY THE LEGACY IS TRYING TO BUILD DUE TO HIS DARK AND DIRTY POLITICS AND ALSO IS ALSO GOOD AT THIS phd POLITICS
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Ahmed0336(m): 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
In terms of infrastructures in North central, Jang of plateau and Al makura have done well. Civil servants in Nasarawa State are the highest paid in North central.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by dokunbam(m): 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
phransix147:

Ogbeni I gave Osun 5... Read properly b4 u attack... I have been to these states in the past 4 years...

did u see the question mark? am not attacking you, its a question
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by lawrenceunaa: 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
phransix147: These are states I have visited in the past 4 years and my rating is over 10.

Akwa Ibom- 6
Abia-3
Imo-5
Anambra-5
Delta-5
Edo - 6
Cross River - 5
Oyo-4
Lagos-7
Niger-4
Rivers-6
Enugu-5
Kogi-4
Nasarawa-4
Kaduna-5
Ekiti-5
Osun-5
Kano-5
Plateau-4

Fashola still the best performer regardless... Least know performer should be Orji... Ebonyi remains N/A
are u a tribalist y is that all SE states are lower than 6 undecided
I only agree with u in that of abia state cry

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Midegee(m): 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
Do you know abt Ogun State Gov, Ibikunle Amosun?
What he did in Ogun State is more than what Fashola did in Lagos btw 2007-2011
i suppose that was only a joke, rite?? its so evident Amosun has in all ramifications performed overwhelmly below expectations.i js cnt read meaning to why a responsible governor will order the closure of his state premier university on an account of a peacefully staged protest by law abiding students. I cant wait to see this guy kicked out of our government house come 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Midegee(m): 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
OkikiOluwa1:
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by phransix147(m): 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
lawrenceunaa: are u a tribalist y is that all SE states are lower than 6 undecided

Am a Nigerian not tribalist... Now u are jumping in defence of people dat have not done much because you are certainly from the east and then we blame govt. When u would prefer sentiments than truth. My brother if u travel outside the shores of this country they see u as a Nigerian not an Igbo man...

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by komekn(m): 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
kennygee:

Have you traveled through that state?

I HAVE,

You have to make a judgment call based on recieved allocation (oil state near highest allocation) in comparison to allocated resources and value of outcome delivery, and it doesn't add up.

Add to that the whole Ibori well documented corruption saga and further to that the level of election rigging in Delta state which i think is unprecedented, i give him a 2/10.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by komekn(m): 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
phransix147:

Am a Nigerian not tribalist... Now u are jumping in defence of people dat have not done much because you are certainly from the east and then we blame govt. When u would prefer sentiments than truth. My brother if u travel outside the shores of this country they see u as a Nigerian not an Igbo man...

TRUE WORD
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by lawrenceunaa: 5:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
phransix147:

anambra & enugu should be greater than 5/10 star rate. Am nt being sentimaenta abt nothing as i agreed on the part of abia state
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by IGBOSON1: 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
wisdom77: I am from Delta, the state has the worst Governor ever. He is just clueless.

^^^What of the 'Delta beyond oyel' scheme that he likes to talk about; the Disneyland-like amusement park; and the industrial park? I've heard a lot about all these? Surely they would help improve Deltas IGR!
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by pekeyim: 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
"Timipre Sylva (Bayelsa)
BA English Studies/Linguistics (Uniport)
Highest occupational achievement: Career politician
PDP"
Ref. May 29th 2011.
The current Governor of my Bayelsa State is Governor Dickson.
I'll give him 40%.
Pros
Security - as an Ex-Police Man he has handled the security menace Bayelsan use to face head on since he assumed office, this has helped to improve "night life" and other related Businesses. grin

Cons
Handling too many projects @ the same time thereby running low on cash every now and then. Close To 3 years Bayelsan cannot point up to[b] 10 [/b]projects that have been completed. All we hear is big big talks about Tourist attractions and investors haven where the major source of cash flow is from the State's Government purse..... to be contd.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Bitojoe(m): 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
phransix147:

Maybe Fayemi didn't do anything in ur town both Ado Ekiti and all roads the leads there can boast of feeling government presence!

i dont think you are in ekiti.even blind man knows that he did nothing.so, stop saying what is not true.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by DaGC(m): 5:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
Its clear most nairalanders just say sh1t without giving thought to it.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion; no matter how stupid it is.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by IGBOSON1: 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
lawrenceunaa: are u a tribalist y is that all SE states are lower than 6 undecided

^^^He placed Enugu and kaduna on the same level!

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by arresa: 5:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1894158/lagos-state-pride-south-west

1. Lagos State . By wide margin..

2. Rivers State

3. Ogun State

4. Osun State

5. Kano State

The rest are all marginal while some are not only marginal, they are grossly unproductive and waste of tax payers money.

The lousiest is Akwa Ibom..

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by ZACHIE: 5:42pm On Sep 23, 2014
DaGC: Its clear most nairalanders just say sh1t without giving thought to it.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion; no matter how stupid it is.

True talk
Especially like that dolt that categorized KWANKWASO of KANO among the cretins
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by phransix147(m): 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
lawrenceunaa: anambra & enugu should be greater than 5/10 star rate. Am nt being sentimaenta abt nothing as i agreed on the part of abia state

Can u name 5 sectors each state present governors have done a thorough turn around change in the 2 states u mentioned... My rating is not only on continuity but also aspects this current governors have touched... When I rate Fashola, Rotimi and Akpabio high they really turn around things, completely different from what they were left with... Especially Infrastucture, Health Care, Rural Development, Transportation etc
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by phransix147(m): 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
Bitojoe:

i dont think you are in ekiti.even blind man knows that he did nothing.so, stop saying what is not true.

Maybe u expect him to share the state allocation with u first before u accept
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by comrChris(m): 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
Some states are been overrated here,imagine ekiti govnor been rated in same category with enugu govnor!wonders shall never ...... grin l'm currently in ado ekiti now and l can't figure out any mega project fayemi did in ekiti even the people of ekiti talks bad about him

For Elechi of ebonyi,l think he is the most underrated and most insulted all because he has no time going to nta to showcase his projects,l was in abakaliki before coming to ekiti and l had time visiting most of his maga/billions projects some completed and some nearing completion. Here are the projects that worths billions of naira
International mkt word standard. 98% compltn
Uchudo secretariat u be like wow 98%
Dualization of ab ogoja road which if care not taken is longer and qualitier than all the dual roads in ado ekiti,stand to be corrected though_completed
Dualisation of ebonyi centinary junction to central bank and that of abkaliki to mami market
Staff development centre
International conference centre
Three standard rice mill
Ofere/ukawu water scheme
Ebonyi indpendent power plant
34 unity bridges and roads acccross the rural communities
Rehabilitations of all the general hospitals in ebonyi
Building the only girls technical schools in nigeria
Scholarship to all the ebonyi debate teas that has been representing nigeria since 2009
Sponsoring thousands of youth in agriculture in italy
Mcci projects
Ebbc digital station(salt tv/fm)
Ebsu permanent campus has seen great infrastructural inprovement and the list goes on
I thintided the govnor down is this mega projects and because he didn't go about painting roads like some govnor did and termed themselves progressive and too he abandoned abakliki town in the name of expanding it which to me is better because abakaliki has expanded and the expanded side are very ok,so the next govnor will now embark on beautification projects in some part of abakaliki.
Pls can someone me mega projects of segun oni and fayemi combind together

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by arresa: 5:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
donigspain: Why is Akpabio's name not in the EXCELLENT category?

He shouldn't be anywhere near good so don't even talk about excellent?

Can you show us what else he's done with the largest state budget in West Africa besides the few roads in Uyo.?

After 8 years in Office, I can count the number of projects he dabbled into on one hand and they are all uncompleted, they are not even visionary or ground breaking projects.

1. 1 general hospital = Uncompleted

2. Tropicana Entertainment center (inherited from the previous administration) And still uncompleted after Akpabio's 2 terms in office while he still budget billions for the project every year..

3. Airport = Uncompleted

4. Stadium = Uncompleted

What else is there? Nothing.

Nothing but 8 years of waste and scam..

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
JuanDeDios:
You get to hear such things about Akpabio in some places but it's a lie. A huge, fat, utter, clanging lie.
are you telling me what I saw with my own eyes? I was at Akwa Ibom more than 6 times this year... Portharcourt na rubbish!
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by spyder880(m): 6:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
Enugu state and Sullivan Chime rules cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by okpanachil: 6:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite: How have governors performed in the states you know.

Make sure you give sensible reasons for justifying your judgement.

How have they performed considering my earlier analysis:

https://www.nairaland.com/658179/sagamites-analysis-state-governors

I will only grade the few I know of and for me my rating goes thus;

Lagos;7
Akwaibom;7
Edo;6.5
Benue;4
Kogi;-1
Rivers;6
Plateau;5
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by dat9jaguy(m): 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^What of the 'Delta beyond oyel' scheme that he likes to talk about; the Disneyland-like amusement park; and the industrial park? I've heard a lot about all these? Surely they would help improve Deltas IGR!

Delta state truly has the worst gov.,maybe second to Abia.Forget all those slogans because that is just what they are,slogans.

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by komek(m): 6:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
Uduaghan of Delta State is a disgrace to governance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fresh Fuel Crisis Looms As PENGASSAN Threatens Strike / Shiite Youths Insult Buhari: "You Are A Fool And A Criminal" / Fisayo Soyombo Deletes Tweet Accusing LASG Of Owing Pensioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.